86 Reviews for George Troup Photography

Wedding Portraits (1)
Canvas (1)
Proofs (1)
86 George Troup Photography Reviews

They did an amazing job on my engagement, bridal, and weding pictures. They were punctual, in person and with returning pictures. The amount of pictures and services you get for your money is well above anyone around. They truly captured the love between my husband in me in ALL of our pictures...I wish they did children's pictures for our future little ones :)

Profile Picture Glenna, 1/17/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

George and Lydia did such a wonderful job with our wedding. They gave us exactly what we wanted, and they were creative every step of the way. From our engagements, my bridal portriats, and the wedding we have recieved nothing but wonderful comments. George Troup Photography really does tell the story of your day because it shows in your pictures.

Profile Picture Britney , 7/26/08, 1 Review
4.7

George and Lydia are great to work with. Very professional, helpful, and have been in the wedding business for awhile, so everything flowed seamlessly on our wedding day, since they knew exactly what to do! Their wedding packages are a great value for the fact that you get two photographers all day with no time limit - we couldn't find anything else that beat their deal!

Profile Picture Emily, 4/23/16, 2 Reviews
4.7

George and Lydia were great to work with. They were very accomodating with our schedule and making sure they could meet when was most flexible for us. They fit our budget well, and we got exactly what we wanted and more for the amount we could spend. They're work is beautiful and they caught many special moments for us at our wedding. I was kind of disappointed at our engagement session when they weren't really open to some ideas I had such as props or changing outfits during our session, but our engagement pictures are beautiful. My bridal portraits are stunning too, but after looking through some of their other bridals from the same location I noticed other girls in the exact same pose, same spot and everything which made me feel less unique. They are beautiful and I am so pleased with them, but if you're looking for unique poses and locations for photos, they don't vary too much. They did beautiful work and they are so friendly and genuinely love what they do. They captured the joy and happiness of our special day, and we have our day perfectly documented.

Profile Picture User2236553, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
4.7

Took several quality photos so there are more than enough to remember the event. Even got pictures of several guests which helps us remember the entire wedding. They were extremely cordial but also professional and to the point, keeping the flow moving and focus on us. We would definitely use them again.

Profile Picture Kate, 11/5/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

George and Lydia did our engagement pictures, bridal portraits and wedding. I LOVED the pictures. Taking pictures at the Dallas Arboretum was absolutely wonderful, although taking bridal portraits in May was a little uncomfortable. (I had a very poofy dress and petty-coat which became very hot after about a hour or two. If you choose to take pictures at the Arboretum, do it early in the morning and not in the summer months! My dress took forever to be fitted, which is why I had to wait until May.)

If you choose George and Lydia you MUST get the Italian photo book. It is SO worth it! It is absolutley breathtaking! The quality is like nothing I have ever seen and, trust me, you will be blown away! My mom actually teared up when she saw it because it was so beautiful!

They were easy to talk to, easy to get a hold of and the price was very reasonable. Thanks George and Lydia!

Profile Picture Kathy, 9/26/09, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

George Troup was great to work with and was very professional. I would highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Elisa, 2/28/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

George and Lydia were outstanding photographers. They were so helpful, and the quality of their work is exceptional. We were very happy we chose them to record the memories of our wedding.

Profile Picture Ben, 11/19/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

George and Lydia are very good at listening to the client and incorporating what it is that you want. At first, I found them a little difficult to work with, but I realized later that it was a cultural difference. Knowing that up-front would have helped me understand. They returned emails and phone calls on the same day. They were very eager to make my photographs look how I wanted them to. They are very professional, dressed nicely, and kept themselves busy the entire wedding. I felt like I was being followed by paparazzi, but this meant that they never missed a shot. The dvds they provided with all of the photos were very nicely done with a cover label. They offer a variety of packages at different price levels. Overall, I found them to be VERY knowledgeable and easy to work with because of their extensive experience. I was happy with their service because I barely noticed they were there. That to me, is the highest compliment.

Profile Picture Amy, 4/19/08, 1 Review
3.8

We enjoyed working with Lydia and George, they made our wedding day very special!

Profile Picture Jenny, 3/8/08, 3 Reviews
0.8

BE VERY CAREFUL working with these people. They stick strictly to what’s written in the contract and will compromise for nothing. If your wedding plans change abruptly, they will not work with you at all; and hide behind the contract to keep your deposit. I mailed a $600 deposit 8 months ahead of the wedding date; 1 month later I emailed them to cancel (We're struggling financially now and opted for a smaller wedding). They didn't care and wouldn’t give $1 of the $600 deposit back. The venue was happy to work with us and refund our $1,000 deposit; it's sad George and Lydia wouldn't do the same.

View Vendor Response