Geomyra Lewis Weddings and Events Reviews

53 | Alexandria, VA

53 Reviews for Geomyra Lewis Weddings and Events

• Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 09/25/2010

Using Exceeding Expectations was one of the best decisions that I made. Although i questioned whether or not I really needed a day-of/month-of coordinator, i would advise every bride to budget for one - it was worth every penny. Geomyra was great to work with and I really appreciated how she ran a tight ship. She made sure the vendors were on track, discreetly told us what we needed to do and where we needed to be and she totally saved the day when there was an issue with our up-lighting at the museum. 5 stars + for Exceeding Expectations!!

Sent on 10/28/2010

Lydia · Married on 09/18/2010

EE did a great job at my wedding! I used just the "day of" services and was very pleased. I worked mainly with Geomyra and she was very professional and on top of her game throughout the day. She had me complete many questionnaires beforehand and had a VERY detailed timeline put in place for every single thing that was happening. I would definitely recommend EE and use them if I had to do it over again. They took care of all of those little things you don't think about (like getting my bouquet from the church to the park where I was taking pictures before the ceremony). Thank you Geomyra and staff!!!!!!

Sent on 10/02/2010

Kathy · Married on 06/13/2010

We recently got married in June and hired Myra and her team for Day of Services. It was certainly one of the best decisions we made! Our day was perfect and I never had to worry for a minute that things were not going according to plan. It was a great relief to know that after all our hard work that neither me nor my family had to deal with any little changes or details during the day. Myra made sure that we were on schedule, that the men had their boutonnieres on correctly and even packed our car with all our gifts at the end of the night. I know some people think that day of services is a waste of money, but I promise you it was worth EVERY penny. Your sanity and ability to be able to enjoy thoroughly your wedding day is priceless!

Sent on 07/18/2010

Laura · Married on 10/10/2009

Myra and her team were so incredibly helpful and I'm so glad I decided to use them for day-of coordination. I almost didn't hire a coordinator because friends volunteered to do it, but I decided I needed someone who knew the business, and were being paid to be there so that my guests didn't have to "work" the day of.

Even though I only got the day-of package, Myra frequently emailed in the months leading up to the wedding, checking on how I was doing. Our pre-wedding planning meeting was so helpful and made me feel at ease. She had great ideas. We worked and reworked the day-of timeline over and over until it was perfect. On the day of the wedding, she and her team coordinated everything perfectly. They checked with me often, and acted as a liaison between myself and my other vendors. I don't think I checked a clock the entire night because I knew they would keep us on time. They even did little things like bringing me my flip flops when my feet were killing me in my heels. And not having to worry about setting up/breaking down/packing up, etc, was so extremely nice.

I'd recommend them without hesitation...my Dad said "this is the one thing that was truely worth the money." That's big coming from him!

Sent on 10/22/2009

Moanne · Married on 10/04/2009

We are so happy that we decided to use Geomyra as our day of coordinator. Looking back, we can't imagine our day without Geomyra and her assistant, Veronica. Geomyra drafted a timeline for the day and they kept to the schedule. Everyone told us that the wedding was very well organized. We can thank Exceeding Expectations for that! They made sure we were calm and doing well the whole night. They also made sure our gifts and other items went home with the correct people. Best of all, they were very nice people! I would definitely recommend Exceeding Expectations to other brides.

Sent on 11/04/2009

Daisy · Married on 08/07/2009

Myra, was very much into every aspect of my wedding. She was kind and understanding and did much more then what I expected.

Sent on 08/26/2009

Lisa · Married on 07/03/2009

Myra and her team of superstars certainly earned their paycheck the day of our wedding. As an event planner by trade, I questioned the need for a day of wedding coordinator, but figured it would be best to have someone else wearing that hat the day of our wedding. Myra and her team made sure the room was set up perfectly, the guests were happy and entertained, and put out the small fires that arose during the evening (metaphorically). When we were running 45 minutes behind schedule, they scurried us along so we could make up some lost time, all the while making sure that they weren't stressing us out. When my bustle continued to fall apart, they followed me back to the bridal room to pin it up, regardless of how many times it happened! They took the weight off my shoulders to handle the logistics for the day and made our wedding perfect and enjoyable for all. For such an extremely reasonable price, any DC bride would be silly not to utilize her services... because she'll ensure that your wedding is the fairy tale you've always imagined.

Sent on 07/13/2009

Nicole · Married on 06/05/2009

Exceeding Expectations was my savior!! I had no idea what I was doing when it came to planning my wedding. I was so glad when I was referred to Myra because she held my hand through the entire process. Even my girl friends said I was the most relaxed bride-to-be they had ever seen!

All of my guests were stunned at how beautiful event was. I can't say enough wonderful things about Exceeding Expectations! No matter what your vision is or how many crazy family members you're working with, Myra can make your dream come true.

Sent on 07/09/2009

Laura · Married on 03/21/2009

Exceeding Expectations is exactly like their name. I could not have planned my wedding reception without them! EE went above my expectations; I would highly recommend them to anyone. One of the things that I loved was on the day of my reception, I did not have to worry about anything. They handled it all and did it with the utmost professionalism, responsiveness and quality of service.

Sent on 03/27/2009

selena · Married on 11/22/2008

I recently got married and used Exceeding Expectations for my wedding cordination. They really do stand by the name of their planning company because they "exceeded my expectations". I contracted for the day of planning but Myra and her staff did that and so much more prior to my event. That day was perfect and she kept me calm assuring me that she would take care everything and she really did! I was able to enjoy my event knowing that I was in good hands with her and her staff. So if you are looking for a wedding planner, please choose exceeding expections, you will be pleased!!

Sent on 12/11/2008

Meredith · Married on 10/19/2008

Myra and her assistants (Myra #2 and Veronica) were amazing. We hired them for day-of coordination but they went above and beyond to help make the day run as smoothly as possible. At first, I thought that I didn't need day-of help since it was such a small wedding, but I'm so glad that I decided to hire Exceeding Expectations. Myra and her associates were extremely professional and profoundly helpful. They ran the rehearsal efficiently and prevented it from becoming one of those long, drawn-out, exhausting affairs that they are so prone to being. Knowing that everything was in their capable hands meant that I could relax, spending time with family before the wedding rather than worrying about all the details. I can't say enough about these ladies, but I can certainly recommend them without reservation. I just hope I could give them more than 5 stars!

Sent on 10/22/2008

Lindsey · Married on 10/18/2008

I hired Geomyra as a Day-Of Coordinator for my wedding in the Charlottesville area. I initially hired her based on her affordable rates, and I have to say that she and her team were one of the best investments I made for my wedding day. Geomyra, Myra, and Amy were extremely organized and professional to work with. From dressing professionally to creating the most detailed timeline any member of my wedding party had ever seen, Exceeding Expectations truly exceeded my expectations. I stress out very easily and they made my day run so smoothly. They were always there to make sure I had everything I wanted and needed, and they worked very well with my other vendors to make sure that everyone and everything was in place.

I honestly couldn't have been happier with their service and even my parents and my wedding party commented on what an amazing job they did. If I had to plan a wedding again, I would definitely hire Exceeding Expectations!

Sent on 10/27/2008

Kristin · Married on 09/20/2008

Our wedding went about as close to perfect as it could have and we owe that to Myra and her crew.
    We hired Myra for the day of coordinating and she made sure everything went smoothly. She kept in touch with us from the day we signed the contract to the day of the wedding. She would ask if there was any relief she could offer even mid way through. She came to the rehearsal to help organize and prepare for day of and also picked up everything for the ceremony and reception that night so she could take care of it all for us.
    She gave us a lot of relief day of, I knew I did not have to worry about anything because it was in their hands.
    We highly recommend!

Sent on 10/12/2008
  • BeccaC

becca · Married on 09/13/2008

Wow, where do I begin? Myra was amazing to work with. She was my day of coordinator and went above and beyond in every way. I told her how dear my grandmother is to me and she checked on her every half hour. I had a very detailed vision for the venue and she made it look better than I dreamed it would. I extended the reception and hour and a half and she stayed until the very end. Not only did she stay, but there were three (!) people from her company there to make sure my wedding went without a hitch. I got frustrated when my bustle kept breaking and without Exceeding Expectations, I would've never stayed calm. Myra, Myra, and Veronica played a big part in making the wedding of my dreama possible. I would absolutely recommend Exceeding Expectations to everyone.

Sent on 10/06/2008

Kelly · Married on 09/06/2008

I hired Exceeding Expectations for day-of-coordination. The ladies picked up just where I left off and were on top of all vendors and events (and me!). I can not praise Myra and her staff enough, my goodness. I had an outdoor wedding during Tropical Storm Hannah (9/6/08) and somehow these ladies pulled the whole thing off. These ladies were there in the pouring rain setting things up and making sure everything went smoothly for my big day. The nights events went on flawlessly thanks to them. They seemed unphased by the natural disaster and were doing everything in their power to make sure my wedding went on without a hitch. My day was PERFECT regardless of the storm (it blew over just as I was walking down the aisle), and I truly feel like that was due to Exceeding Expectations. Myra promised me a staff of 3 and showed up with a staff of 6! With a lot of Spanish speakers attending our wedding, we took advantage of their bilingual services (Thanks Veronica!). I cannot express how thankful I am to have found Exceeding Expectations. I would recommend Exceeding Expectations to EVERYONE. Their service is such a good deal too!

If you are considering Exceeding Expectations and would like more information or details, feel free to contact me. :-)

Thank you Myra, Veronica, and the rest of Exceeding Expectations' Staff!!

-Kelly

Sent on 10/07/2008

Phil · Married on 08/31/2008

Best money spent! We used Exceeding Expectations for full planning to assist us with our large wedding. The staff at Exceeding Expectations went above and beyond to make our day a dream come true. Exceeding Expectations is affordable and was readily available to answer any questions or concerns through out our planning process. They handled all of the last minute details so that we were able to enjoy our day. We would recommend them to all brides, and especially those looking to get more bang for their buck.

Sent on 09/10/2008
  • CountingDown060708

Brit · Married on 06/07/2008

I would recommend Myra and her team. They did a great job at our wedding. We had a couple small instances of getting off schedule, but they were quickly taken care of. Myra was very responsive to my needs and showed a great deal of patience. The entire team is very sweet and compassionate. We enjoyed working with them and hope we never lose touch. They were well worth the money.

Sent on 06/22/2008

Jennifer · Married on 05/24/2008

Myra and her team were exceptional. With only 4 months to plan a wedding for 100 people, Myra helped us created an elegant yet informal wedding that was truly fun and special for everyone involved. From identifying sites and vendors to keeping us on schedule and on task, she helped us every step of the way. In doing so, she was there when we needed her and let us work through things on our own when that worked better for us. She never pushed an agenda or a demand and was flexible with our schedules and changing needs. And on the day of the wedding, I knew everything was under control and I was free to take in all of the wonderful events around me. Even our guests commented on how professional, respectful, and helpful the team was -- and I couldn't agree more. I would recommend Exceeding Expectations without hesitation.

Sent on 06/20/2008

Rick · Married on 05/10/2008

Myra and the gang couldn't have done a better job. They made the day a dream instead of a stressful nightmare. In planning a wedding with the numerous vendors, it's often quite easy to put a price on the services, and a lot of the time they are overpriced. Exceeding expectations was the one part of our wedding where we felt like we received an amazing deal. In our case they definitely went above and beyond the call of duty.

Sent on 08/19/2008

Alexi · Married on 04/12/2008

I can't say enough about the staff at Exceeding Expectations. They were extremely helpful, professional, kind, and thoughtful of every detail. Plus, they were very reasonably priced. I used Myra for Day of Coordination, but she expanded her services way beyond just the day. As their name states... they went way beyond exceeding my expectations.

Sent on 04/23/2008

Susie · Married on 10/06/2007

Myra and her team were my angels on the wedding day and the rehearsal reception, everything was taken care of and attended to with the greatest level of professionalism, attention to detail, and they made us feel 100% comfortable that all I needed to do was enjoy ourselves! It's hard for me to say I've met people more organized and detailed than I am, but Exceeding Expectations definitely went above and beyond and we highly endorse them to anyone who is looking for planning and day of coordination services for any event!

Sent on 10/25/2007

Barbara · Married on 07/04/2001

Myra and her staff helped us make our invitations exactly how we envisioned them, and they turned out great! Fair price, professional service, great choice for any couple planning their wedding! My husband and I both highly recommend Exceeding Expectations!

Sent on 05/28/2010
  • Sherlene

Sherlene · Married on 05/01/2010

I used Exceeding Expectations for their Month-of Coordination services. They definitely helped make my wedding day go smoothly- no problems at all. Myra and Veronica were very attentive throughout the whole day to make sure we were happy with everything.
    Myra even kept her appointments with me after having some unexpected family issues- you can tell how dedicated she is to her profession. Veronica and Myra really work well together and they are definitely people you want on your team.

Sent on 05/03/2010

Lauren · Married on 04/04/2009

Exceeding Expectations did just what it's name implies. I used them for "day-of" coordination for my wedding and I never felt like I had to worry about anything! Myra, the owner, was very attentive to my husband's and my needs and I was able to just sit back and relax on my day!! Without EE, my wedding day would have been far more hectic and not as enjoyable. I would highly recommend EE to any bride looking for a coordinator; they are very experienced and knowledgable. Your needs WILL be taken care of!

Sent on 04/18/2009

Natalie · Married on 05/17/2008

We were please with our day of coordination services. Myra and her team were hired for setup and coordination of the reception. However, she was readily available for advice and support in other aspects of the wedding. We appreciated the team's organization, professionalism and reasonable prices. We would highly recommend Exceeding Expectations.

Sent on 06/07/2008