Geoff Hansen Photography Reviews

39 Reviews for Geoff Hansen Photography

1 User photo

Geoff Hansen Photography 1

Emily · Married on 09/10/2011

We really enjoyed working with Geoff Hansen, he is a wonderful photographer, and extremely talented at what he does. We LOVED all of our wedding shots, and felt like he really captured the entire day, even things we didn't even know were happening. We got married at Camp Aloha Hive, in Fairlee, VT, which had a lot of sentimental value, Geoff understood that, and was able to make the venue shine. He has a wonderful sense of nature and capturing the light. Geoff is very timely, and prompt, he follows up, and gets you everything you need within reasonable time. We would absolutely recommend Geoff Hansen!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/10/2010

Working with Geoff was very easy and he fulfilled expectations in every respect. He was very easy to communicate with and a week before the wedding we ironed out details I hadn't thought of. During the wedding and reception he was a ninja. I only noticed him twice, but looking back on our pictures, he was everywhere. He captured a great variety of close personal shots and more wide angle. He was also very accommodating to our need for RAW images, so we could Photoshop them ourselves.

The turnaround after the wedding was about a week for them to be posted on the Internet and available for family to view. Another week passed and we received a large sturdy box with prints of all our photos. We were having a party back in Nashville in early November and he went above and beyond making sure we had photos available for the event.

He took about 1900 images between 4pm and 9pm and most of them are usable. His contracts and important correspondence is all in writing (by mail or Internet), and he was one of my two easy vendors to work with (the other was the florist).

In all, he's a great person to work with and my family had only nice things to say about him--which is a huge endorsement. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Jane · Married on 07/24/2010

When planning for our wedding, which took place in Thetford, Vermont in July 2010, Geoff Hansen came highly recommended by a friend. My husband and I met with Geoff once and knew immediately that we wanted him to be our photographer. His unassuming and reserved nature endeared us to him. On the day of our wedding he seemed to slip away into the crowd, remaining almost invisible, and yet, capturing everything! Our photographs are stunning! Moreover, Geoff communicates with his clients before and after the wedding, and he's timely with his product. He understands that weddings really are "all in the little details," and his photos sure show it! We highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/11/2015

We are thrilled with the quality of the photos from Geoff. He was able to capture candid moments and the real feeling of our wedding. Additionally, Geoff was flexible and easy to work with. I highly recommend him.

Sent on 05/17/2016

Cara · Married on 07/19/2008

Let me start off by saying that one of the top items for our wedding day was a good photographer. Pictures mean the world to me, so I had to have the BEST photographer around. I began my search and started asking around. A friend recommended him to us when we were looking for wedding photographers and we couldn't wait to meet him after looking at his website. He was exactly what we had been looking for. I am a HUGE fan of candid photos, and I liked his style that we saw in his portfolio. He is willing to do anything on your wedding day. He has such a kind and soft demeanor and was just so great to work with. He is so flexible and his rates were so reasonable for all the pictures he took and products that he produced. I would have paid anything to have him there because his pictures were THAT good. He blended in with the crowds so that he was hardly noticed all while taking the most AMAZING photographs I could have ever imagined. Geoff is an AMAZING photographer and hiring him would be the best decision you could make. You won't be disappointed.
    After our wedding we started a family. We wanted to take some pictures of our daughter and knew he was the guy to call to see if he was willing to do some family photos. Sure enough he was and the pictures came out the same as our wedding ones....GORGEOUS. We have three children now and we call him every other year and have him come over to take pictures of our growing family. We are never disappointed with the outcome and will use him forever. If he moved away to a far away place we would pay for him to fly back here to take pictures for us. This is how much he means to our family and just how good his photographs are. You will not be disappointed by choosing Geoff.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Cara, the pleasure's been all mine to continue photographing your family and see how your children have grown!
  • User5519707 · 2+ years ago

Geoff photographed our wedding in 2002 and I can truly say that the photos he took have become treasures. We have several displayed in our home, as do our family members. In addition, we have since hired him twice to take photos of our children with equally stunning results. Geoff has a way of capturing the heart of a moment without staging or pretense. His work allows authentic emotions to shine through. His pricing is reasonable and he is efficient and easy to deal with. He is also a quiet and unobtrusive presence at a wedding. The perfect wedding photographer!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

It's been an honor for me to be a part of your lives -- you're a wonderful couple with a great family!

Chuck · Married on 08/05/2006

Geoff did an amazing job at our wedding, which was held outside under challenging lighting conditions. His candid shots were especially great as he mingled unobtrusively among the guests. I've recommended him many times to friends over the years, and everyone has been delighted by the work he has done.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thanks, Chuck. I appreciate the friendship that started with being your wedding photographer a decade ago!

Geoff photographed our wedding on August 17th, 1996. The memories of that day stay strong because of his amazing photographs. Geoff Hansen didn't just capture our wedding day in all its glory, he captured all the side stories and personalities that led to our marriage. His photos tell stories about our friends and families that match reality. Geoff's photos reflect his strong intuition and his ability to pick up on the interesting and subtle qualities of the important people in our lives. He is a stealthy photographer with a keen eye; we didn't seem to see him, but he was right there catching us all at every angle. He uses an interesting variety of lenses, which resulted in a variety of perspectives in the photographs. We cherish plenty of the traditional shots of the ceremony, wedding party and families, but we deeply treasure the less formal photos, including the reception and dancing photos. His ability to accurately capture the personalities, spirit and energy of all the people in our lives is what really has us reaching for the photos albums to share with our kids and friends on a regular basis.

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Your spirited celebration was so much fun to photograph!

Meridith · Married on 07/26/2014

Geoff was willing to adjust and adapt to our particular priorities. He proved to be unobtrusive and his presence was not a distraction, a main worry of the groom beforehand.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thanks so much -- it was a wonderful celebration to be a part of!
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 10/06/2012

Geoff photographed our wedding in Pittsfield, VT in October. We found Geoff on a website for a local wedding venue and chose him for his photojournalistic style. I had viewed a lot of wedding photography, both in New York and Vermont, but was particularly impressed by the dimension, quality, and authenticity of Geoff's photos, which jumped out at us more than any other photographer we had seen (including some of the most expensive in NYC).

The reviews I read indicated that Geoff blended into the background to let a truly authentic feel evolve, and that was 100% the case. People who were not at our wedding said they felt they were there, and all of our family and friends were blown away by how well Geoff captured the whole weekend, from the rehearsal dinner, to wedding prep, to ceremony, dinner, and dancing. He captured beautiful portraits of both me and my husband that neither of us can even recall him taking. His photos were spectacular, and his outdoor photos captured the colors of Vermont fall foliage to perfection.

Geoff was great to work with, asked questions ahead of time to make sure he understood what we wanted him to capture, made himself available to cover our rehearsal dinner the night prior, and worked tirelessly to cover every moment (adjusting light filters and lenses the whole time). Even more impressively, Geoff had our photos posted for family and friends to view within a week and sent a box of CDs with some of his favorite prints the week following (all in color and black and white, both high and low resolution - over 2000 photos total).

We found Geoff's costs to be very reasonable, and he was professional in every respect. We highly recommend Geoff and could not have been happier with our choice in a photographer.

Whitney & Daniel
    Married in Pittsfield, VT on October 6, 2012

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thanks, Whitney, for your lovely (and detailed!) review. I enjoyed being there!

Morgan · Married on 10/02/2010

My husband and I were married in October 2010 in Canterbury, NH. We picked Geoff Hansen to do our photography and it was one of the best decisions of the wedding. Geoff did a completely fantastic job. Not only did his photojournalistic style perfectly capture the spirit of the day, but patience was completely rewarding with all the formals. Geoff has patience enough to take such beautiful photographs of chickens, so I am not surprised he did so well taking photos of this camera-shy bride.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Laura · Married on 11/18/2017

Geoff was a delight to work with for our wedding photos, from day one. He was professional, timely, and very sweet to work with on our wedding day. He went out of his way to take a couple of extra photos for us, and the photos all came out lovely! We are pleased with his work and recommend him wholeheartedly. His pricing was simple and affordable and he takes lovely photos!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Laura. It was a joy to work with you, Marc and your families!

Allison · Married on 07/02/2016

I highly recommend Geoff for an Upper Valley wedding! I found Geoff’s name after searching around online for wedding photographers in the area. I looked through Geoff’s wedding photos on his website and really liked his work. In looking at the portfolios of a number of photographers, I found that many photographers seemed to have an ‘overly stylized’ approach with some odd compositions and points of focus. In contrast, Geoff’s photos were simply beautiful and captured the special small moments.

When I reached out to Geoff he was very responsive and professional. Before hiring Geoff, my husband and I met with Geoff in person to discuss the specifics of what we were looking for: we wanted someone to photograph only the ceremony and formal family photos, and we wanted someone with a subtle approach.  Geoff was really understanding and ready to accommodate our needs.

On the wedding day everything went perfectly. Geoff took more than 400 photos over the course of about 2 hours. During the ceremony, I barely noticed him at all, but based on the photos, he was clearly moving all over the place to get a range of great shots. After the ceremony, he took formal family photos. My husband and I left on our honeymoon after the wedding, and as soon as we got home Geoff followed up to send us digital and print copies of all of our photos. They looked great!

Geoff is pleasant and professional and I would absolutely recommend him.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Christopher · Married on 10/09/2016

Planning a wedding is not easy. There are a million things that have to be done within a certain amount of time. Picking out a photographer can be a very intimate selection for a couple. You want someone that will capture your thoughts and emotions on that day. Geoff did just that. Geoff was very patient and extremely flexible. He met with us months before as well as followed up with us constantly to ensure that he was prepared to capture our "wedding map" of the day. Geoff was professional and was on time! He did a fantastic job capturing the loving atmosphere that surrounded us in Vermont!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thank you, Christopher. It was a wonderful celebration to photograph!