Genevieve Leiper Photography Reviews

150 | Leesburg, VA

150 Reviews for Genevieve Leiper Photography

• W

Whitney · Married on 06/07/2009

Genevieve was awesome! She was a pleasure from the first moment we met and continued to impress us until after the wedding. She was always available to answer any questions and had advice that was instrumental to the wedding planning process. She was prompt to every meeting, and most importantly was ready to go when I arrived wedding day. The pictures she and her assistant took were phenomenal-- capturing amazing candids, beautiful posed pictures, and even managed to get some wonderful artsy pictures of the decorations and our day. The photographer carries so much importance to a wedding day because the pictures provide a tangible memory of the most important day of your life for ever. Genevieve captured the essence of our day, providing the most beautiful pictures we could ever imagine. My husband was equally impressed and blown away by ability of a photographer to capture such spectacular pictures, creating images that "belong in a magazine."

Sent on 08/30/2009

Lauren · Married on 05/29/2009

If you would like to have wedding photos that scream artistic, elegant and unique than Genevieve is your girl.
    My husband and I interviewed a handful of photographers but we really loved Gen's portfolio the best.
    Wedding photography can be huge expense when planning a wedding but photos last for a lifetime, think of them as an investment.
    Genevieve also went out of her way to travel to our venue before the event to ensure that she could take the best photos possible.
    5 STARS all of the way!

Sent on 07/22/2009

Danielle · Married on 05/23/2009

Genevieve is amazing! Her pictures are beautiful and she captures all the important moments without constantly being in your face. My father-in-law is into photography and is a tough critic, but had nothing but good things to say about Genevieve and her assistant. She is also very responsive, flexible, and quick to turn around pictures. I would highly recommend Genevieve to anyone in need of any type of pictures.

Sent on 09/23/2009

Jessica · Married on 05/15/2009

Genevieve is an amazing photographer. My husband was in charge of choosing the photographer for our wedding, and when he saw Genevieve's Web site, he knew he wanted us to meet with her. She was the only photographer we met with, and we were confident from the beginning that she'd do a great job. Her responsiveness, professionalism, and flexibility were wonderful leading up to the wedding. She has a great personality, and it's apparent that she's passionate about her work. The day of the wedding, she put in work!! The end result was that she captured so many beautiful and unique shots that made great use of the setting (outdoor/indoor wedding and reception). She and her assistant went unnoticed by us for the most part, and Genevieve was nice enough to help me with my dress bustle midway through the reception. :-) Genevieve was prompt with getting us a link to review our proofs and getting us the prints. The quality of the photos is spectacular. So many friends and family have commented on how amazing our photos are. Highly Recommend!

Sent on 07/22/2009

Linda · Married on 05/02/2009

As mother of the bride, I wanted to make sure this event was photographed by someone who could capture the romance and love of this special day. I saw Genevieve's web site and was instantly sold. I immediately called my daughter directing her to the web site and told her to book her as soon as possible. We were able to get her for the event and she absolutely lived up to her billing. I would absolutely recommend her to any bride to be.

Sent on 06/19/2009

Kelly · Married on 04/05/2009

Genevieve was the perfect photographer for our wedding! I wanted a photographer that would be able to get the traditional pictures as well as some that were a little more on the artistic side, which she was able to do perfectly. Not to mention the fact, she has a great personality which makes her that much easier to work with. I would recommend Genevieve to anyone planning an upcoming wedding!!!

Sent on 04/26/2009
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 04/04/2009

Genevieve was absolutely wonderful. We were so worried about the 60 mph wind gusts on our wedding day and were a little upset that the wedding had to be inside. Genevieve has a knack for using her surroundings, whatever they may be, and turning them into works of art. Some of the best pictures are of us in that crazy wind! We decided against a videographer which gave us the little extra money that we needed to hire Genevieve. We have no regrets. These photos are those that we are proud to display as art within our home. Thank you so much Genevieve for all that you have done for us. Can't wait for the kids to start arriving. We'll be back for the baby pics. =)

Sent on 05/31/2009
  • Q

Quinn · Married on 03/21/2009

Genevieve made our wedding day. We clicked instantly in our first meeting and it was a wonderful experience! She captures your day behind the scenes - you hardly even know she is there. Her eye is impeccable. She scouted so many backdrops for us prior to the wedding, leaving really no work for us, but to smile. She captured so many moments on camera that we will treasure forever. I would recommend her to any bride looking for a the best in photography throughout the DC region.

Sent on 04/06/2009
  • LPM

Lecia · Married on 02/15/2009

My wedding was the most important day of my life thus far. As my now husband and I made arrangements for our day, we knew that for every moment we planned and tried to make wonderful, we would probably be able to vividly remember about 10 seconds out of every minute... that being said photography was THE MOST important vendor of our day. When all is said and done, the photography is what you have to reflect upon. Genevieve and her second were amazing. She took the time to meet with me in her office to discuss what we were looking for throughout our day, met me at the venue near our date to walk the property, see where all of the sections of our day would occur, and took the time to note the lighting, both natural and artificial. She was incredibly timely with our edits/proofs! Genevieve truly is an artist! I highly recommend her services!!!

Sent on 04/29/2009

Kathryn · Married on 12/20/2008

Perfection.

That is the best way I can describe Genevieve's work. She photographed our engagement pictures, my bridal portrait and our wedding day and was always a pleasure to work with and prompt with her responses to my emails. Her ability to capture the emotions of your wedding day is absolutely amazing. We are so so happy that we hired Genevieve and highly recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 02/05/2009

Suzanne · Married on 11/22/2008

Genevieve and her partner Dan were a delight to work with. Genevieve followed through on all my emails and calls, and spent ample time reviewing all details with me before the wedding. She worked with us to create a package within our budget. She also visited the wedding site (which she had not photographed at before) to scout out nice photo spots before the wedding. On the day of the wedding, she and Dan were very discreet but seemed to always be around to capture the important moments. When doing formal shots, she was a relaxing and comforting presence. We have yet to see the final wedding photos, but our engagement photos were beautiful. I feel confident that our final wedding shots will be as well!

Sent on 12/10/2008

Holly · Married on 11/08/2008

We used Genevieve for our engagement and wedding photos. She is great to work with. She is very easygoing, confident and low key. Her photos are beautiful. Our engagement photos are great and I cannot wait to see our wedding photos!

Sent on 11/19/2008
  • serenity32771

Erin · Married on 10/18/2008

I cannot say enough good things about Genevieve and Dan. Gen called me the week before the wedding to touch base and tell me that if I needed ANYTHING, photography-related or not, to let her know. She was extremely responsive from even before we booked her.

We haven't seen all the photos yet but she did show us some on her camera throughout the day, and they're all fabulous.

She and Dan (her assistant) were both very friendly and professional, it was like hanging out with old friends who just happened to have cameras with them. She and the groomsmen had a great time finding neat and interesting places to take photos, she made me and my bridesmaids feel comfortable and she made us laugh all day.

A+++++++++.

Sent on 11/04/2008

Jenna · Married on 10/05/2008

I got married a month ago, but I'd have to say my favorite part has been going through the pictures today! Genevieve was the vendor I was most excited about because of how important I knew the pictures would be in remembering and capturing the event. Her and her assistant were a pleasure to work with. Everyone commented on how much they added to the day with their friendly and professional attitudes. I can't wait to hear what people say about the pictures because I am truly in awe. The effort and creativity put into the photos speaks volumes on Genevieve's dedication and her understanding of how much her finished product will mean to her clients. She was a joy to work with, very responsive, incredibly efficient the day of and I felt 100% confident in her ability. I can't thank her enough :)

Sent on 11/14/2008

Abigail · Married on 09/27/2008

Genevieve and her assistant, Nick, did a fantastic job during our wedding. I have not seen the pictures yet (just a few more weeks, can't wait!) and I will update this review when I do. Regardless, her professionalism during the wedding day and prior deserves a great review on its own. She was very flexible with my times and was good and directing the pictures when people were ALL over the place. Many of my friends and family commented on how Genevieve and Nick seemed to be everywhere, but were unobtrusive at the same time. I definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/22/2008

Jennifer · Married on 09/13/2008

Genevieve was great to work with and the pictures are wonderful!

Sent on 11/20/2008
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 06/07/2008

Genevieve was wonderful to work with. The day of the wedding it was pouring out but she brought me a picture of the doplar radar to show me that the rain was gone and she was right. The day opened up and she took the best pictures I have seen of a wedding - we LOVE them!

Sent on 06/24/2008
  • Joanna

Joanna · Married on 05/24/2008

Genevieve was an absolute delight to work with! She would answer my emails immediately, which made this techie very happy as I planned my whole wedding via email and the web. She was extremely easy to work with and produced fabulous photos! I trusted her completely when working with her on my big day. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 09/29/2008

Carrie · Married on 04/26/2008

Genevieve and her assistant, Nick (her usually assistant was sick), were so wonderful to work with. They made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and Genevieve was assertive, yet friendly when trying to get the group pictures taken - a must for my family! Most importantly our pictures are amazing!

Sent on 06/02/2008

kathryn · Married on 02/29/2008

We hired Genevieve as the photographer for our destination wedding in Antigua, Guatemala. Genevieve's style in photography could only be matched by her commitment to ensuring our wedding day's perfection. She is a consummate professional and a dynamic force of creative vision with a singular bubbly character. Genevieve agreed to photograph our wedding, despite its location in Central America. She was completely engaged at all times in accurately documenting each aspect of our wedding story, including the location, the geography, the wedding site, our friends and family, and us. She left no stone unturned in chronicling our day. We were amazing by her many different ideas and techniques, and the way she captured the moments with gentle guidance, but without making us feel "posed." She was a gem to interact with, as she listened to our wants and needs and carefully ensured they were met. Her fantastic people skills made her able to interact diplomatically with all the guests without losing her focus. She is flexible, adaptable, and her post-wedding process was extremely easy and smooth.

Perhaps the icing on the cake was how PERFECT the photographs came back! Many of our friends and family (and strangers near our wedding) asked for her number and her expertise. We would *highly* recommend her to anyone seeking an artist for their event.

Sent on 03/07/2008

Stephanie · Married on 12/29/2007

Genevieve was great from our first meeting to the day of the wedding. Always responsive and willing to help with any questions - she adds a great touch to the day; not only as photographer but with a calming influence. Looking back - I know she was there at the reception, but I can hardly remember even seeing a camera all day!

Here we are, not even a month after our wedding and the pictures have already been loaded online! I can not say enough about how beautiful and wonderful they turned out. Genevieve is truly a talented photographer, capturing all of our special moments from that day!

Sent on 01/15/2008

Mary · Married on 10/20/2007

Genevieve was wonderful to work with for our wedding. The quality of the photography, her ideas for photo settings and her ability to capture the moment are priceless. She was well worth the money. And the albums came out better than I could have imagined!

Sent on 09/28/2008

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2007

Genevieve is incredible in every way. Throughout the entire process she was always very responsive and incredibly kind and disarming. On the wedding day I felt completely at ease with both her and her assistant Megan. Though I do not have all my photos back yet, I know they are phenomenal b/c she would show us photos she had taken every couple of minutes on her camera on the wedding day. Anyone who has the good fortune of working with Genevieve is very lucky. She is a wonderful person and fabulous artist.

Sent on 09/21/2007

Jen · Married on 12/29/2006

I can't say enough about Genevieve, her talent, and her work! She is the most amazing photographer I've met!! (...and I've met plenty in my research for this wedding!) She uses different lenses and angles to produce the most breath taking photos, and gets the little moments no one remembers, but LOVES to see! Any bride would be the luckiest bride in the WORLD to have Genevieve as your photographer! She has incredible packages, and also uses a second photographer to get the "not so posed" shots...which I LOVE! Brides...all I can say is "YOU NEED GENEVIEVE!" :)

Sent on 01/31/2007

Susie · Married on 05/13/2006

There is no other way to describe Genevieve besides TOTALLY STELLAR! She is fun, enthusiastic, super creative, professional and manages to create a story through her photography like no other photographer I have met. She was always easy to get a hold of to answer questions or give advice and her cost was worth every penny (even more). Not only did i get AWESOME pictures of my wedding, but I got a new friend :)

Sent on 02/20/2007