Genevieve Leiper Photography Reviews

150 | Leesburg, VA

150 Reviews for Genevieve Leiper Photography

• Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 09/24/2011

Genevieve is hands down the best photographer in the area! Not only did I feel immediately comfortable in our very first meeting, you cannot help but fall in love with her adorable personality and passion for her work. Genevieve went above and beyond my expectations in every way. I am in love with my wedding photos and I have received more comments than I can count. She captured every magical moment, I cannot wait to see our albums. Genevieve has found customers for life in my husband and I. We would recommend her a million times over!

Sent on 11/09/2011
  • tina

tina · Married on 09/18/2011

Worth every penny! Have not yet seen the pics from the wedding, but our engagement shots were amazing and she did let us look at some shots on the digital screen as she took them. She has been a top notch pro the whole way. Remember - you get what you pay for, and Genevieve is well worth it. ***UPDATE - We have received our pics and everyone was better than the next. Our expectations were far exceeded!! See for yourself - I have posted a few of our favorites in our profile. I cannot score high enough to explain how happy we are!!!

Sent on 10/11/2011

Lacey · Married on 09/10/2011

Genevieve (and her assistant) was a pleasure to work with. She was very professional but personable as well. She was creative with posed shots so they were more organic and fun rather than stuffy and boring. During the ceremony and reception, I barely knew she and her assistant were there. They got amazing shots without being in everyone's way. The photos are absolutely amazing and really captured the moments and personalities of everyone.

Sent on 10/24/2011

Rachel · Married on 06/11/2011

We love Genevieve! Throughout the wedding process you hope to find people who share your vision, and who will help bring the perfect day to life. At the end of the wedding we couldn't wait to get the pictures back, and we have so many amazing shots to help us remember the day, she truly captured it. Throughout some of the challenges in the past year Genevieve was always kind and helpful which makes her not only a great photographer but a truly dedicated wedding professional. We definitely recommend her!!

Sent on 10/27/2011

Danielle · Married on 05/07/2011

I'd like to start this review out by saying that Genevieve had a baby three days before our wedding in May. And was in the hospital until the day before. And she still made it to our wedding to shoot my husband and I getting ready, formals, our ceremony, and first dance. If that doesn't show you how professional and dedicated Genevieve is, I don't know what will.

Genevieve also brought her two assistants, Gray and Ashley. Between the three of them, they captured every moment, every look, every emotion of the entire day, like a story, right up until the end. When my husband and I got the pictures back, we laughed, cried, and relived the entire wedding all over again. The pictures are absolutely beautiful. Most wedding guests remark about how good the food is, how lovely the venue, or how great the music. All our guests talked about the next day were how great our photographers were and how they were so flexible and captured every moment of the day.

Genevieve and her team are so professional and their pictures so amazing and artistic, that you shouldn't look any further. Do yourself a favor and book Genevieve for your wedding!!

Sent on 06/17/2011
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 04/10/2011

Gen was incredible! We got married April 10, just a few weeks before Gen gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, and she was absolutely wonderful every step of the way. When we first met with Genevieve, she was a little out of our budget. We fell in love with her photography, however - and with her! Of all our vendors, she was my husband's favorite. We really had such a great time with her every time we met. Our engagement pictures were exactly what we wanted, and she captured every minute of our wedding day. Best of all, she put me and my family at ease. It was truly like having a friend with me every minute of the day, and Gen was incredibly responsive even after the wedding day when I called with questions about our album. Trust me, I did our wedding on a budget - but Gen is worth every penny!

Sent on 12/05/2011
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 04/02/2011

We met Genevieve in January 2010 about 2 weeks after we had gotten engaged. We had a wedding date but hadn’t even started looking at venues. The photographer was the most important vendor on our list and wanted to start looking early. We walked into our meeting with Genevieve hoping to find a great candidate and walked away with our photographer! We fell in love with Genevieve’s personality and talent right away.

The day of Genevieve arrived with her two co-photographers Gray and Ashley. We had decided to take pictures around DC prior to the ceremony so we could take our time and get some really great shots. Mother Nature decided to challenge them and gave us sleet, rain and sun. Gen didn’t skip a beat and after seeing the pictures this past weekend, she went above and beyond. The lighting, framing, and images she caught were perfect and I cried through most of them.

To put it simply, Genevieve knows what she is doing. She has the experience to know what does and doesn’t work and has an eye for backgrounds to great shots. She was responsive, reliable and made me feel and look beautiful. Genevieve’s gift of capturing moments has no limit. I am so excited about the moments she captured that will be shown to our kids, grand kids and great grand kids some day.

Sent on 04/28/2011

Ashley · Married on 12/21/2010

We're photographers, and so out motto for finding the right person to shoot our wedding was that he or she had to take better pictures than we could! We actually spent a significant chunk of our wedding planning time looking through the multitudes of DC-area photographers, taking on Washingtonian lists and Pulitzer Prize-winning options, trying to strike a balance between our budget and our desire to capture the event artistically and romantically. Then, from one of those lists, we stumbled upon Genevieve Leiper Photography, and we never looked back.

Genevieve blew us out of the water from the word go, with galleries galore on her website that illustrated her eye for artistic framing and unique, long-exposure shots. To top it all off, unlike many wedding vendors in general she provided her prices up front on her website, so we knew our baseline cost before we even contacted her. Then, in our first conversation with her, upon discovering that our wedding was on a Tuesday...in December...she immediately cut a significant chunk off the price of her packages without us even asking. A beautiful photographer, affordably? Done and done.

And that was just the beginning!

When we met up with Genevieve, she had done her research and knew we too were into taking pictures, so she immediately talked to us as if we were her colleagues. This comforted us and let us know that we had indeed chosen someone who knew the ins and outs of her camera, not just the all-too-common kind of wedding photographer who was digital-happy and relied on the law of large numbers to net a few decent shots. She was excited to watch us go through her previous albums, giddily agreeing with us when we noticed a framing or a technique others breezed by in their perusals.

On the day of the wedding, she brought her co-photographer, Gray, with her, and after a walkthrough of the ceremony and reception sites, both of them immediately split up to shoot the ladies and gentlemen getting ready. I spent my time with Genevieve, and she was playful and casual, eagerly taking shots of my makeup to show me how it turned up on the camera. This type of excitement coursed through their entire time with us, constantly showing us previews of shots they enjoyed. When they found out we had actually seated them at one of our tables like guests, so that they could eat a full meal, Genevieve about danced (we assume because, at the time, she was eating for two!).

As our wedding was Dec. 21, we assumed we wouldn't get to see the results of their incredible talent until long after the holidays. Much to our surprise, though, on Christmas Day, there was an email in our inbox that included a "sneak peek" of eight of our photos! Gen was so excited about them that she called us just to make sure we had seen the email so we could share them with our families when we saw them later that day. She even made it a point to tell us that she was so thrilled with the way our wedding photographed that we were already part of the gallery on her homepage (I'm the bride in the fluffy, faux-fur wrap).

We haven't seen the remainder of the photos yet (see update below), but we don't have to to know that we chose an incredible photographer and person to be a part of our perfect, wintry day. If you want quality, choose Genevieve Leiper -- and that's coming from two more-than-amateur photographers!

Update! (1/7/11): We just received the full album of pictures from Genevieve (do the math -- that's only 17 days, including the wedding day) and we can do nothing but update this with even more gushing praise. Our event was captured in a way that only a photographer of her caliber could, with elegant and creative framing, brilliant use of natural light sources, and unique portrayals of motion inside the still images. There is not one single thing she could've done to better our impression of her work. Her playfulness, dedication to ensuring our satisfaction, and professionalism is second to none, and we simply do not have the words to convey how much her presence and artwork added volumes to an already perfect day. We whole-heartedly encourage you to choose her as your wedding photographer, and we will personally recommend her to our friends in the area as they plan their special day, too.

Sent on 12/27/2010

Kristin · Married on 10/16/2010

I LOVE Genevieve!! From the very first meeting she was SO easy to work with. She was able to help us figure out the best ways to work around family pictures with my Momzilla and my husband's divorced parents. Things were flawless the day of my wedding- she was able to put my husband at ease while we were doing pictures and even rolled with things when his groomsmen requested a specific football-inspired pic. I can hardly wait to receive my pictures!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Genevieve!

Sent on 10/26/2010

Valerie · Married on 10/03/2010

My husband and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Genevieve or her photography. In fact, although we knew she was perfect for us when we met her in-person and saw her portfolio, she still managed to exceed our expectations when we received our proofs. Genevieve was the consummate professional. She responded almost immediately to our emails and phone calls and patiently answered all of our questions. She was also very easy to work with on the day of our wedding. She showed up on time and dressed professionaly. We felt absolutely comfortable with her and she was unintrusive. She even managed to make my husband feel comfortable in front of the camera, which was evident by all of the smiles she captured. She offered lots of creativity when it came to photographic locations and poses. We loved the way she used a variety of angles and locations and steered away from traditional wedding photographs. Her talent in taking original and creative photos led to a plethora of unique and beautiful images. We couldn't wait to see the proofs because we knew they would be fantastic. We were so sure they would be, we even referred her to another bride/friend before we saw the final products. When we finally saw them, there was no way we could pick a favorite. We still can't. Every image is amazing and stunning. We cannot believe it's us. I look at them and think they are images from a magazine. The photos captured our love for one another, our happiness, the natural beauty of the day, and every moment of the wedding. We relive our wedding and the emotion of the day every time we look at them. We cannot wait to hang them on our wall because they are truly pieces of art. Honestly, no review we write about Genevieve will truly express how happy we are with our photographs and how great Genevieve is as a photographer. She will exceed your expectations!

Sent on 01/18/2011

Kerry · Married on 09/18/2010

Genevieve is such a pleasure to work with! She is calm and collected and still manages to capture all your desired photographs and more. She is absolutely a pro at what she does, and is able to capture emotion, romance, and excitement in all of her photos. My husband and I are able to relive our wedding day through her photos which is really a testament to the quality of her work. Genevieve is also very well connected in the wedding industry and provided many great recommendations for other skilled vendors. There are many vendor options in the Washington, DC area, but Genevieve truly stands apart when it comes to wedding photographers!

Sent on 11/02/2010

corinne · Married on 07/04/2010

When we saw Genevieve's album at our reception venue we loved her work and when we met her we knew we had to book her for our wedding! Her photos are amazing, not only are they artistically brilliant, but she captures the expressions and moments that you want to remember forever.

Genevieve also has a great personality which is very important when selecting your photographer. She is worth every penny, if you want the best than you have to go with Genevieve!

Sent on 09/09/2010

Dee · Married on 06/05/2010

Great Photos!

Sent on 09/10/2010

Amy · Married on 05/30/2010

Genevieve was wonderful to work with and the quality of her work is outstanding! We couldn't be happier with how our wedding photos turned out. She was able to capture all of the special moments of our day! We highly recommend her for your wedding!

Sent on 07/20/2010

Lelia · Married on 05/02/2010

I loved working with Genevieve. I hate having my picture taken but she was so fun that she made me more comfortable. She even fixed my bustle when it came undone during the reception. I would defiantly recommend her.

Sent on 05/27/2010

Alexandria · Married on 04/23/2010

Genevieve was great to work with. Her photographs are amazing, she is very talented. I love her open sky shots both the day and nighttime versions! We are so happy that we choose her as our photographer, she was very easy to work with and responded quickly to all emails and phone calls. I would highly recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 05/31/2010
  • FFBride

Brittany · Married on 04/03/2010

My husband and I just got married and use Genevieve as our photographer. BEST DECISION EVER!! She was so easy to work with. She respondes great to emails and phone calls is so flexible and is very professional. She sent us a teaser photo from our wedding... AMAZING! She is such an artist!! We can't wait to see the rest of the photos!!
    UPDATE:: So she just finished our pictures several WEEKS earlier then expected!!!! They are sooo beautiful. She really captured our guests and ourselves at our best and funniest! I can't wait to work with her in choosing photos for our wedding album!!!

Sent on 04/09/2010

anna · Married on 02/23/2010

Genevieve. Was. Amazing!

Our wedding photographs look straight out of a magazine!! They are beautiful!! She captured the mood and the beauty of our wedding so perfectly!! I could not have been more pleased with the pictures! And, since our wedding did not take up all the time we paid for, she offered us free enlarged pictures or another professional album! How kind! I cannot possibly recommend her higher!! Thank you Genevieve!!!

Sent on 06/15/2010

Patricia · Married on 02/06/2010

There aren't enough exclamation points to emphasize how fabulous Genevieve is, so I'm just going to set it out. She was key to our wedding day being as wonderful as it was. Her pictures are PHENOMENAL; she proactively got a hotel room when she heard the blizzard was going to hit (and then let my makeup lady share the room); she recommended many of my other fantastic vendors; and she was there to talk when I needed someone outside the wedding to keep me calm. It's the whole package - stupendous talent in a stand-up person. She's professional and amazingly unobtrusive - she caught one picture of me when I was sure neither she nor her helper was around! Her prices were quite reasonable, and considering all the value she added, she's the best deal out there.

Sent on 05/04/2010

Patricia · Married on 12/31/2009

Genevieve is insanely talented!!! We had a destination wedding in Charlottesville, Va, and Genevieve showed up with her team early, scoped out the best places to take pictures, and captured every important moment of my wedding day from beginning to end. What is so special about Genevieve is her creativity-she will take your wedding pictures to the NEXT LEVEL! If what you want is an artist who can capture your beautiful, sweet, tender, crazy moments-then Genevieve is the photographer for you!!! Loved her-it was a complete pleasure, every step of the way!!!

Sent on 02/03/2010

Jennifer · Married on 12/27/2009

Genevieve is Super Woman in the field of Photography. She made our wedding day easy and memorable. The photos she took bring tears to my eyes and were worth every penny.

Sent on 02/06/2010

Akhil · Married on 09/06/2009

Genevieve was a pleasure to work with. From the moment I met her, I knew I wanted her and her staff to be our photographer for the wedding. My fiancee met her at her studio and she was extremely professional, knowledgeable and focused. She wasn't pushy at all and heard what we wanted. At the day of the wedding, Genevieve and Dan were both there. Our wedding was complicated with two ceremonies, two cocktail hours and a reception. Genevieve and Dan covered everything with class and professionalism. My fiancee did not want me to see her the day off the wedding so Dan was upstairs with the guys and on the phone constantly with Genevieve to make sure that i did not walk downstairs and run into my fiancee. It was great. They took pictures of the bridesmaids and groomsmen while we were getting ready. All my guests loved the fact that both Genevieve and Dan were in the middle of everything and took some great shots. Hats off to you guys. You were wonderful and I would definitely recommend you to anyone who is looking for a photographer.

Sent on 09/15/2009

Nicole · Married on 08/22/2009

Genevieve and her staff were FANTASTIC!!! True artists! Every picture had such emotion and feeling to it, literally bringing tears to my eyes! My wedding day was outdoors on the day a hurricane hit the northeast coast and my husband is handsome but the least photogenic person I know. Despite all the odds Genevieve and her staff came up with HUNDREDS of truly fantastic and memorable shots! She was discreet and accommodating. She blended into the crowd and came up with masterpieces. I have shown the pictures to friends, family, coworkers and even my patients and they all agree they are truly wonderful! Thank you Genevieve for capturing everything beautiful and treasured about our day! You and you staff are worth your weight in GOLD!

Sent on 12/23/2009

Leila · Married on 07/17/2009

Genevieve was wonderful! She books up quick so contact her as SOON as you know you want her as your photographer! On our wedding day, she made things run so smoothly. She went anywhere we wanted, along with her assistant, and took a TON of pictures. They turned out beautiful and she captured every moment perfectly. She has some really creative ideas for gorgeous shots. The best thing is we hardly even noticed she was there! I looked through our photos she put online and didn't even know she was anywhere near us. She took any pictures we wanted, like if we saw a great opportunity towards the end of the night for a group shot under the stars, she did it! I have nothing but great things to say about her! She has a great personality and is so easy to work with and is very patient. She was one of the best decisions we made with our wedding and worth every penny!

Sent on 09/04/2009

Amanda · Married on 06/20/2009

Genevieve was absolutely wonderful! She made a point to get all the key events and most important people and small intricate things I never would of imagined. While she was more than my budget she was worth every penny. She's got a wonderful portfolio and a great personality to work with- I suggest you book early before you're too late!

Sent on 08/11/2009