Genevieve Leiper Photography Reviews

150 | Leesburg, VA

150 Reviews for Genevieve Leiper Photography

Laura · Married on 03/22/2014

Genevieve was great to work with from start to finish! We had a fabulous experience from our initial consultation, to the wedding day and all the way through getting our pictures. Her flexibility, responsiveness, and positive attitude are awesome! She goes above and beyond and even helped us find other vendors in the area. I could not recommend her more!

Sent on 07/06/2014

Genevieve was a wonderful photographer. She was able to get some beautiful shots of us and our families, and also injected some humor into the process! we have some unique shots that we will treasure. Plus she was able to get our photos on the web within a week!

Sent on 03/14/2014

I am so glad that we chose Genevieve to be our wedding photographer. I think my husband and I tend to tense up when in photos, but Genevieve was so relaxed, professional, and sweet that it was very easy to stay relaxed around her -- sometimes it was like she wasn't even there! She was very prompt and punctual -- she arrived right on time on the wedding day with her assistant and stayed for the entire contracted time, always shooting photos.
    Knowing that she has been to Whitehall (my venue) so many times was a great relief, because once we arrived at the reception she knew exactly where to take us around the property and in what order, and we were even able to enjoy some of our cocktail hour, which I did NOT think would happen! She knew the perfect times to pull my husband and I outside to get good night shots and took lots of detail shots during the ceremony and reception that I absolutely love. We got so many great photos without feeling totally worn out from all the 'sessions,' she truly made it as painless as possible.
    6 weeks after the wedding, we got our online album and our USB with the photos are on the way as I speak. It is so wonderful to relive the day through her beautiful pictures and I just cannot stop looking at them! Loved working with Genevieve and I would definitely recommend her!! THANKS GENEVIEVE!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Kelly · Married on 09/20/2013

Genevieve photographed a wedding I was a bridesmaid for a few years ago. I loved how she worked with the bridal party, and obviously, her style. I followed her website ever since knowing that one day she would be my photographer. And she was just that! When I got engaged, Genevieve was the first vendor I booked! Before even finding a venue I booked Genevieve. I didn’t care about the location as much as having her photograph our wedding. Our wedding pictures are amazing. They are truly breathtaking. I have people tell me constantly that our pictures belong in a magazine because they are that perfect.

Booking Genevieve was the best wedding decision I made. My mom said the only thing she wanted in the whole process was the best photographer so we have amazing pictures to look back on forever. And we absolutely do! I look at my wedding pictures every day, and most times I cry because of how perfect they are. She captured every single moment, and every emotion. She didn’t miss a thing! THANK YOU GENEVIEVE!

I urge all brides out there to book her. You will be so happy with your decision. I can’t wait for the next time I need pictures taken – I know who I’ll be going to!

Sent on 12/10/2013

Laura · Married on 08/17/2013

Genevieve is amazing. She is incredibly responsive, professional, FUN, easy to work with, and enormously talented. We are still absolutely in awe of our wedding pictures. One of her biggest gifts is being able to capture scenery AND emotional moments in a single shot. We got married in a gorgeous vineyard in Loudoun County, Virginia, and Genevieve could not have done a better job documenting the stunning surroundings. She also caught so many tender moments -- it's been impossible to name our favorites. Without any guidance from us, Genevieve got pictures of all of our guests - some mingling, some at dinner tables, some at the cocktail hour, some dancing and we are so glad we have that record of who celebrated with us. Genevieve also has a great eye for artful shots. There are a bunch of pictures in our album that show aspects of the wedding from a unique perspective. These shots will be the ones we'll have on our walls for years. Another great thing about Genevieve: she's patient! She kept her cool during our flower girl's meltdown during the bridal party formals and kept her smile as my side of the family insisted on having group shot after group shot after group shot. Genevieve worked extremely hard for us and made us feel as though we were her most important clients - and I know she gives the same kind of effort and attention to all of her clients. Needless to say, we LOVED working with Genevieve and cannot recommend her more!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Laura · Married on 06/15/2013

Genevieve did my wedding in March. Her pictures are gorgeous and she's wonderful to work with! She provided a good mix of classic and artistic photography. We love the pictures so much and enjoyed the entire process! Thank you Genevieve!

Sent on 06/06/2014

Kate · Married on 06/08/2013

Genevieve did a great job with our photos and really captured how amazing the day was! Everyone who has seen the photos raves about how beautiful they are. Genevieve and her assistant were also super helpful the day of, making sure that things ran smoothly and even helping us coordinate processing into the ceremony.

Sent on 07/29/2013

Erin · Married on 10/25/2012

Genevieve is a class act. She is so easy to work with, down to earth and even helped with the details in the dressing room on my special day. I was so pleased to spend a little extra to receive the best quality!!!! i would recommend her to anyone. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/24/2012

Genevieve was amazing!!! Easy to work with, put us at ease, had great vendor recommendations for us, and delivered incredible photographs! Highly recommend her to anyone looking for exceptional photographs. Karen and Bob.

Sent on 11/08/2012

Alison · Married on 10/07/2012

One word...fabulous! We loved every minute with Genevieve and her assistant the day of our wedding and we know our pictures will be beautiful. She is top notch!

Sent on 11/18/2012

Kathleen · Married on 09/15/2012

All I really have to say is that Gen is amazing! I have been a huge fan of hers since she did the photography for a wedding for a friend back in 2006. Even before my fiancé and I were officially engaged I knew that I had to have her for our wedding - aside from marrying my husband the most important part of the day was the photography. We did our engagement and wedding photos with her and I also did boudoir photos with her as a gift to my husband. Gen was very easy to work with and was very straight forward about things that would and would not work from a planning perspective. She and her assistant for the day were on time and very easy to work with. She is very experienced and if given a list outlining the photo expectations she is able to blow through each one rather quickly (assuming the family acts right!). She was so efficient that we were actually able to enjoy a majority of our own cocktail hour! (Granted, my fiancé and I did not want to do a million shots or drive around to a bunch of different locations - we did the family shots outside of the church and the wedding party group shots outside of the wedding venue and the two locations were only about 150-20 mins away from each other.) One the major things that many people noticed was that they were practically invisible at the wedding ceremony and reception; you didn't have to maneuver around them or silently wish they would move out of your way so that you could see. She made sure that all of the reception "must-have" photos were done at the beginning of the reception so that my husband and I could enjoy the night with our family and friends. She turned around the photos within 6 weeks as promised and believe me, we were blown away! We still get compliments on how well they turned out. We are looking forward to the wedding albums that we purchased for ourselves and parents. Compared to other photographers she is a bit more expensive but honestly, she was worth every penny!

Sent on 03/02/2013

Lauren · Married on 08/25/2012

Working with Genevieve was such a wonderful experience. She captured our wedding day perfectly. Not only did our pictures turn out amazing, but Genevieve was so much fun to work with...it was so awesome getting to share my wedding day with her! Finding a good photographer was a huge priority for me because when its all said and done, the pictures are basically what you have left to remember your wedding day. I am so happy we were able to work with Genevieve and would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 10/04/2012

Judy and Carl · Married on 08/18/2012

WOW! Genevieve and her assistant, Chad, have produced outstanding pictures of our daughter's wedding. They capture all aspects of the wedding, cocktail hour and reception and were not intrusive at any time, while getting the perfect shot. We would highly recommend Genevieve Leiper Photography. She was very easy to work with, and produces beautiful pictures.

Sent on 09/29/2012

Cassandra · Married on 08/18/2012

Genevieve is as good as you can ask for and then some. Such an easy choice: not only do her photographs outshine the others in her gallerys, but her personality is an absolute pleasure to be around. (My husband was so thankful to not be overwhelmed or inundated by someone too high-strung or unfriendly.) Then once you get your photos back you know every cent was worth it!

Sent on 10/01/2012

Madeline · Married on 08/04/2012

Genevieve was great! She was lovely when I met with her. I think it is important that you "click" with the photographer, considering you will be spending some time with her during which you must feel comfortable. She was calm and not overbearing. I can't wait to get the photos back.

Sent on 08/14/2012

Christine · Married on 06/16/2012

Genevieve Leipers photographs are simply stunning. Genevieve and her assistant were very professional, but also quite fun and so enjoyable to work with. They could not have been more accommodating and worked with us throughout the day and evening; starting with makeup and ending with the send off. My daughters wedding was held at Oatlands Plantation in Leesburg and the pictures in the gardens are truly exquisite. Throughout the planning process, Genevieve was always helpful, and very receptive to my last minute changes. Genevieve also did my daughters engagement photos which too were beautiful. I would highly recommend Genevieve for your wedding.

Sent on 08/21/2012

Jen · Married on 06/02/2012

Genevieve is a genius. Period. Her vision for photographs and her professional far surpasses anything I could have wanted. She is brilliant and her pictures are incredible. She is so also a blast to work with and made our wedding photos and engagement photos something that was relaxed and fun. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/09/2012

Carly · Married on 06/02/2012

Genevieve takes the most stunning photos. She was our photographer for both our engagement and wedding photos and I couldn't be happier. She takes tons of photos so you have a lot to choose from and she is very creative. Her team was wonderful and made me so comfortable. I was very uncomfortable in front of the camera and Genevieve and her assistant made me so comfortable so the photos came out looking very natural. Genevieve is extremely funny and really makes taking all the photos fun. She has a great personality. She seems to book up quickly for wedding season so make sure to hire her early on during your wedding planning.

Sent on 08/13/2012

Gillian · Married on 05/18/2012

I haven't gotten my wedding photos back yet, as I only got married a week ago, but I am more than confident that they will be absolutely gorgeous. Genevieve was more than just a wedding photographer...she was like my wedding guru the day of the wedding. On top of the fact that she is ridiculously talented, she ended up doing so many things for me that I didn't expect (for example, she bustled my dress for me). She made us feel so comfortable with her bubbly, fun, laid back personality. My now husband and I are not what you would call "photogenic". We tend to act really awkward in front of a camera. However, Genevieve really made us come out of our shells...when we actually knew she was taking pictures. I'm pretty sure she got hundreds of pictures that we weren't even aware of, which I love. She got all of the classic necessary photos with the family and bridal party, but she also took a lot of really fun, artistic photographs. One of the reasons we chose her was because her photos really look like art and not just cheesy typical wedding pictures. She showed us some samples as we went through the day, and they were absolutely stunning. I wish I could have them now, but I know they will be worth the wait! She was a bit of a wedding splurge for us, but I'm so glad that Genevieve is what we splurged on. Having a good wedding photographer was one of the most important aspects of my wedding day to me, especially since my groom and I are kind of inept at taking good pictures with each other, despite the fact that we both really appreciate good photography. As far as value goes, she is MORE than worth the money if you care about having quality wedding pictures. Not to mention she was an absolute pleasure to have around. I should also mention that she brought an apprentice with her named Chad who was also an absolute joy to work with as well. I can't wait to see all of their work!!! I really can't even adequately describe how awesome Genevieve is, so please just take my word for it that she is worth it. After I booked with her (after doing a significant amount of research on photographers), I was pleasantly surprised to come across more of her work in Martha Stewart Weddings magazine. It really just solidified my choice. It's also worth noting that even with how busy she is, she was probably the most accessible wedding vendor I had (and I had many quick responding vendors)...about the longest I ever had to wait to hear back from her was about an hour or two, and even waiting that long was rare. I felt excited about my wedding and completely comfortable after every conversation we had. If you're looking for a photographer with an incredibly effervescent personality, as well as a ridiculous amount of artistic talent, look no further.

Sent on 05/29/2012

Elise · Married on 05/06/2012

Genevieve sets the bar for excellence in wedding photography. The combination of her expert eye and experience in the field meant this bride didn't have to worry about a thing -- and that was invaluable to me. The way she captured all of the moments and details from our wedding was just as I hoped and imagined it would be. As an added bonus, she is a frequent photographer at our venue, so she knows all the great spots for beautiful photography. When the photos arrived, I was overjoyed to see beautiful shot after beautiful shot of my husband and me, our friends, our family and our "details" -- all flawlessly executed. Your biggest problem if you go with Gen will be deciding how to narrow down your favorites to make an album! Love her.

Sent on 07/03/2012
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 04/06/2012

Genevieve was absolutely AMAZING!!! She helped capture every moment in the most important day of my life. We got married outside of Las Vegas, NV. on a VERY windy day. She managed to get the most BEAUTIFUL pictures for us regardless. She's extraordinarily talented and I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 05/03/2012

Katherine · Married on 03/31/2012

I absolutely love my wedding photos! Genevieve was easy to work with and did a great job. She did both our engagement photos and wedding day photography. Both sets of images were edited and sent to us pretty quickly. The photos are absolutely gorgeous. There are a lot of unique and creative shots. She was very responsive to when we felt most comfortable and looked most at ease and figured out how to use those poses in a great way. I enjoyed spending so much time with her on the wedding day - she is fun and dedicated. I have to also comment that when some of the caterers were being too loud in the kitchen during the ceremony, Genevieve's assistant actually went into the kitchen to ask them to be quiet. I was so thankful to her for helping make every part of my day run smoothly, not just the photography. I highly recommend Genevieve!

Sent on 07/26/2012

Krista · Married on 11/12/2011

Genevieve is amazing. I cannot say enough good things about our experience with her. She is extremely responsive, professional and very easy to work with. Her pictures are amazing!!!! Just check out her website. The photographer was the most important vendor to us and I have no doubt we picked the right one, we booked her before we booked our venue. I love that she had her prices posted on her website. She was not the cheapest, but not the most expensive we found. I feel that she was worth every penny we paid (and more!).

Sent on 12/03/2011

Sarah · Married on 11/06/2011

I can easily say this was the best decision in our wedding planning process!! Genevieve did an incredible job with our wedding photos, we are so grateful to have found her! I WHOLE HEARTEDLY recommend her and have been bragging about her since our wedding day. :) She has such an amazing gift and took some of the most unique pictures. This was something my husband and I LOVED about our photos, they were not your standard wedding day poses you see everywhere. She was incredibly easy to work with, she is simply amazing, you will be so very happy with her and your wedding photos. YOU SHOULD ABSOLUTELY GO WITH HER :) :)

Sent on 02/07/2012

Allison · Married on 10/01/2011

Genevieve Leiper is AMAZING!! She is so nice and so fun to work with! She has great ideas for pictures but also listened to any ideas we had as well. Her assistant named Gray, who was there for our wedding day, was so nice and sweet as well! My wedding day was freezing cold and rainy, and she still made it fun to shoot outside and the pictures turned our BEAUTIFUL! She also took amazing action shots of everyone dancing! We are not a couple who takes good candid shots, but every candid shot she took of us looked great. What great memories we have now have to cherish forever in her great pictures!

Sent on 11/12/2011