Genevieve Leiper Photography Reviews

150 | Leesburg, VA

150 Reviews for Genevieve Leiper Photography

Elizabeth · Married on 05/06/2017

We got married recently in Middleburg, VA, and heard about Genevieve from our reception venue, Bluemont Vineyard. She came highly recommended, and it's not hard to see why. Genevieve really knows her stuff, and delivered a beautiful final product. We just got our pictures in, and couldn't be more pleased. Our photographers, Ashley, and Megan were fantastic on the day of the wedding. Both were laid back and a lot of fun, and managed to find all the good angles. We're not really big on taking photos ourselves, but they found a way to make the process tolerable, dare I say, fun! We enjoyed working with the whole team, and would highly recommend them all!

Sent on 06/17/2017

Coe · Married on 04/22/2017

Genevieve was absolutely amazing! She was very responsive to all of my questions and made me and my husband feel so comfortable on our wedding day. Our pictures are beautiful, I couldn't be happier. I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Cathy · Married on 12/03/2016

My wedding planner recommended Genevieve and I'll be forever grateful! We immediately clicked on a personal level. She's incredibly professional, artistic, friendly and able to quickly readjust when things changed. I cried when I saw our photos. They are just beautiful and they perfectly captured my memories of that special day. Our wedding was large enough that she brought a full-time assistant to help capture the events of the day. This person worked mainly with the guys and they had a ball doing their shoots. For anyone planning a wedding, or special event, I highly recommend Genevieve!!

Sent on 02/08/2017

Emily · Married on 11/19/2016

Best photographer ever! She was so professional and delivered excellent photos! Book her now! Genevieve was so detailed and yet went with the flow too. Best decision we made!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Genevieve was a wonderful photographer and a great deal of fun to work with. I found her extreme flexible - even adding an extra hour to our schedule at the last minute. Our pictures came out beautifully and she truly captured the essence of our wedding.

Sent on 06/23/2016

Kelly · Married on 06/30/2016

Genevieve did such an amazing job on both our engagement photos and wedding photos! We worked with most of the vendors at her studio, called A Little Wedding Studio, and we were so pleased! The quality of her work cannot be matched. She is so easy to work with and she made us feel so comfortable. After the wedding, she sent us over three sneak-peek photos the very next day and they are BEAUTIFUL! She is so talented and I am glad we chose her. After the wedding, besides the wonderful memories of the day, you only have the photos so it is essential to get a great one. Booking your photographer is one of the first things you should do after getting engaged, and I am so glad we booked Genevieve. Not only is her work, flexibility, and professionalism superior to other photographers, but she also introduced us to other vendors and our wedding was absolutely perfect!!! I plan to contact Genevieve for any other portraits or photo needs we will need in the future.

Sent on 07/03/2016

Samantha · Married on 06/25/2016

I will never be able to recommend Genevieve enough. Seriously, if you don't book her for your photographer then you will wish that you had! She made me feel like an absolute model when she was done with the pictures- and she wasn't pushy during the day at all! For someone like me, who is actually extremely awkward in front of a camera, I greatly appreciated her telling me and my husband where to stand and how to post, taking a few shots, and then moving us along. She was speedy, efficient, kind, and made the photos FUN. I have received countless compliments on our photos not to mention everyone wants to get Genevieve's information. Contact her ASAP because I'm telling you, she'll book up fast. Genevieve...from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much.

Sent on 08/25/2016

Ciara · Married on 06/24/2016

Genevieve was so wonderful to work with! She was positive and upbeat all day, although it was rainy and not ideal wedding weather. Our photographs turned out more beautiful than we could have imagined. We have nothing but great things to say about her and her assistant!! You want her as your wedding photographer!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Karri · Married on 04/30/2016

Genevieve is amazing! We are in love with the pics from our wedding. She was great to work with up front too - I was worried about budget and she worked with me on options to make it work. I did end up using a 2nd shooter, who was also great and captured lots of other angles. They were both really fun at the wedding too - lots of joking around with us during our post-ceremony pics, that resulted in some fun candid laughing photos (they are sneaky as I didn't even know they were taking them!). :) We have so many great shots, I have no idea how to pick the best for a book! Some of the most amazing ones are the action shots of the dancing - we had some really fun spontaneous moments on the dance floor and ever single one was captured for posterity!

Sent on 05/25/2016

Stephanie · Married on 04/23/2016

Genevieve was absolutely the best photographer we could have ever found! She is so much FUN to work with, very flexible and accommodating, and always had us laughing and enjoying ourselves during every shoot. Her talent is truly exceptional, with a great eye for the artistic shots that just "wow" you. I would highly recommend her to any bride for engagement pictures, wedding, and even creating a special gift for your groom ;)

Sent on 05/19/2016

Selina · Married on 04/09/2016

Genevieve is so much fun to work with, we hit it off from the start and knew that she was the photographer for us. I had friends that were very disappointed with their wedding photographer, so I made certain I chose the right one, and Genevieve was it. We were planning our wedding from out of state, so we were only able to meet with her once in person before the wedding, but that was enough. She was very responsive with us and helped us along the way. The photos came out amazing, my husband and I love them and are so happy that she was able to capture everything we were hoping for. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 05/07/2016

Our photos are amazing!!!! Genevieve is truly an artist. Not only did she capture our wedding day, but she really tuned into our personalities. I highly recommend her services. I also recommend having an engagement shoot. This allows you to loosen up a bit in front of the camera so it isn't awkward on the big day. The photos from our engagement shoot are awesome as well and look more like our day to day selves, rather than all dolled up on our wedding day. I slightly regretted not hiring a videographer. But honestly, watching the photos Genevieve and her assistant took one by one, we relived the entire day. There honestly wasn't one thing she missed. I'm so pleased with our photos and have absolutely no regrets in hiring Genevieve. I would/will hire her again!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 10/16/2015

Genevieve took both my engagement pictures and wedding pictures. Contacted her a week before my engagement pictures were going to be taken at Nats Park and she was completely for it and made the limited timeline carefree and not stressful.

Sent on 01/12/2016

Heather · Married on 10/11/2015

Photos were one of the big ticket items for our wedding. Genevieve was a dream to work with. Her style is unique, fresh, and timeless. We were so comfortable with her during our engagement shoot and on the day of the wedding! We had two photographers and they were both exceptional. We got to see some of the pictures that they took and I am so excited to see all of the final products! Genevieve had shot at our venue before and had an idea of what places to shoot to get great lighting and moved through family formals at the speed of light! I was so impressed with her ability to get everything organized and get amazing photographs at the same time. Honestly a joy to work with! Should we ever become blessed with children - I will be sure to call her for maternity photos as well! :)

Sent on 10/24/2015

We are SO thrilled to have found Genevieve! After reviewing her style and meeting her in person, we knew we were in good hands. Genevieve and her assistant were a wonderful addition to our day-- beyond amazing photos- they were helpful in the final stages of getting ready-- getting guys in the right place, fixing flowers, holding veil etc.. and they looked out for every detail. They were a ton of fun to have with us on the day and in addition to capturing all of our day, they captured many great photos we can share with guests! We are thrilled with our photos- they captured many details we didn't even know were photographed, and we highly recommend Genevieve to anyone!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Emily · Married on 07/17/2015

As soon as I saw her website, I knew I wanted Genevieve to be my wedding photographer. Our experience with her was fantastic. She listened to our requests for the style and content of our photos and made sure to get all of our requested shots. She arrived early, left late, and made sure to take photos of both the wedding party AND the wedding guests. Most importantly, all our photos are amazing!

Sent on 08/15/2015

Christin · Married on 06/28/2015

Genevieve was responsive, professional, and organized from day 1. She was always willing to check in and the day of, she was on time, polite, and helpful. But most importantly, her photographs were BEAUTIFUL and our friends and family have all commented on how great they were. Since the wedding, she's been very easy to work on the albums with. She continues to check in and be very helpful. I highly recommend her for your big day!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Edit: I filled out this review before even seeing my photos because, honestly, I wanted the wedding wire gift. After seeing my photos, though, I have to upgrade everything to 5 stars. I only had had value below a five because she is expensive, but if magically I could have seen the photos she took of my own wedding before I booked with her, I would have paid even more.(I'm always somewhat skeptical seeing other weddings because maybe they are just gorgeous people!). She took about 1,000 pictures, and I love almost 900 of them. She captured everyone in the best possible angle and light, and me and my family (honestly, not the most photogenic bunch) look better than I have ever seen.

Genevieve is so incredibly talented and likeable, you will instantly want to make her your best friend. But when she isn't making you feel completely at ease and making you feel like you've known her forever, she is inconspicuously taking gorgeously framed and lit photos. She books up quickly and completely for a reason - she's absolutely one of the best at what she does. She also had two of the things I was most looking for - she gives you reprinting rights over the photos after the event, so you don't have to ransom them back at an outrageous cost after you've already paid for the photographer's time, and if you want (I did!) she will photoshop your pics until you are a couple dress sizes smaller with flawless skin.

Sent on 11/27/2014

Melody · Married on 11/07/2014

I had met Genevieve a few years ago through a mutual acquaintance, I always LOVED her work and when the day came for me to hire a wedding photographer; I had to have her! Working with Genevieve was so easy and fun - we spoke on the phone & email a few times and about a month before the wedding we met in person in her adorable shoppe in downtown Leesburg. Genevieve is so incredibly talented, her work speaks for itself. On the day of the wedding, I don;t know what we wouldve done without her. We had a large wedding party and Genevieve knew exactly how to wrangle them all in! During our photoshoot (just me and my new hubby) Genevieve even showed me little sneak peeks of what the pictures looked like on her digital camera. Additionally, her assistant Meg (I believe was her name), was on point as well, helping me carry my huge dress around the outdoors for the perfect shots... I was even so flustered during the ceremony, that I forgot my bouquet! Thankfully, Meg had my back and she quickly ran inside and brought it to me before my dad and I began to walk down the aisle. Thank you Genevieve for everything - we can't wait to see our amazing wedding photos!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Kendal · Married on 09/20/2014

From the day we got engaged, I knew I wanted to work with Genevieve Leiper. I work in the events industry, and had seen her work before and fell in love with it. For us, photography was one of the most important things for our wedding, we actually booked with Genevieve before signing with our Venue! Not only does she produce beautiful pieces of art that we will cherish for years to come, but Genevieve has such a heart of gold. The entire process from meeting/signing our contract to the wedding day was such a joy. She is so responsive to call/emails and answers any and all questions. We can't wait until our next life event, and hope to use Genevieve again, since we now consider her a friend! THANK YOU!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Colleen · Married on 09/13/2014

Genevieve is an amazing photographer, and she was one of our favorite vendors to work with. She was wonderful to work with leading up to the day, particularly for us planning an out of town wedding. On the day of, Genevieve and her assistant, Amy, were efficient, fun, and professional. They both helped us feel very much at ease and allowed us to focus on each other. It shows - our pictures are excellent and capture so many wonderful moments throughout the day. Her pictures are timeless and she clearly has a wonderful eye for poses and scenery. We would book her again without hesitation.

Sent on 10/17/2014

Emily · Married on 09/05/2014

I first discovered Genevieve's work a few years ago and immediately fell in love with her style and use of light. Hiring her was the first thing I did when we planned the wedding, and I'm so glad I did! She was amazing. The quality of Genevieve's work speaks for itself, but she was incredibly responsive, so fun to be with, and made our wedding day that much more special. She got every photo she knew I was thinking of - and then some! Genevieve was also incredibly generous with her time and photos. Even my mother - who is incredibly difficult to please - cried at the photos and loved them all! My single bridesmaids have already told me they want to hire her for their weddings :). My husband and could not be more thrilled with the work she did and would whole heartedly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Krissy · Married on 08/15/2014

Genevieve Leiper is one of THE best photographers I have had the pleasure working with. She made taking photos with my bridal party and family at my wedding FUN and EXCITING! Dan and I had a blast with her, she has an eye for the most amazing backgrounds and scenery. While we were on our honeymoon she sent me our sneak peeks, they were the most BEAUTIFUL photographs I had ever seen in my life. The Washington Post picked my husband and I for a love story and even used one of Genevieves pictures from our wedding! Overall, Dan and I got MORE than we asked for and expected from Genevieve and we could not be happier with the outcome! I have already recommended her to ALL of my friends and family and I know a few have already signed with her since my wedding photos came out!

Sent on 09/27/2014

Genevieve is the best wedding photographer in the DMV area! We were so impressed and thrilled with our wedding pictures. From the very beginning we knew that having her capture our day was the right decision. She was so easy to talk to, very sweet, easy to set up times and get a hold of her, had stunning albums to show us and works in a very clean and cute space in town. She had all that we were looking for and more! When it came to our day she executed everything perfectly! She made sure to capture all of our emotions along the way and all the small details we will be sure to remember. Everyone in the pictures looks so happy and full of life! She did an incredible job moving quickly and staying on time, leaving us feeling calm and knowing we were in good hands. We had so many great shots from our day and can't wait to put together our almum. All of our friends and family who have seen our proofs are blown away with how crisp, clear and rich the colors are while capturing some terrific moments. Genevieve was by far one of our favorite vendors and we are so lucky she was available to shoot our wedding. Words can not explain how satisfied and thankful we are to have had her and to have our wedding memories so exquisitely documented! My family and I definitely recommend her!!!!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Monica · Married on 05/03/2014

I am in awe of Genevieve's talent. My husband and I scheduled a meeting with her after reading reviews on wedding wire and checking out her pictures. When my husband and I first sat down with her, we could tell we wanted to work with her right away. Her photography style is flawless and exactly what we wanted.

The contract we signed with Genevieve included our engagement pictures and it was a great way to work with her before the wedding. It was a sweltering hot day in Alexandria but she still managed to make our pictures amazing! We had several locations and her eye for interesting backdrops was great. She was a blast to work with so we knew our wedding would be great.

We worked with Genevieve and Chad on our wedding day and I am so excited to see how our pictures came out!!! Each one they showed us was stunning- just on the camera screen! I can't imagine how they will look like full size. They were SO fun to work with and that makes having your picture taken easier when you feel totally at ease with the people you are working with.

**Note: We recently received our pictures from Genevieve in record turnaround time and we couldn't be happier with them! Genevieve and Chad completely captured our love and emotions during the day as well as those of our family and friends. Everyone says how gorgeous the pictures are and we couldn't agree more! We are so happy that we have the best day of our lives captured so beautifully that we can share with our kids some day. Plus, she sent us three high-quality prints of our choice!

I HIGHLY recommend Genevieve as your wedding photographer. You will be making the best choice.

Sent on 05/19/2014