Geneva Boyett Photography Reviews

Geneva Boyett Photography 6
Geneva Boyett Photography 7
  • Melissa

Melissa Manilla · Getting married on 06/27/2020

Amazing-book with her! No questions asked

She was INCREDIBLE. Everything from the first email responses to receiving our pics was perfect. She was affordable, fit our schedules perfect, picked the perfect locations, did all the pictures we wanted, went ABOVE AND BEYOND with taking them all, and the end result was incredible. Highly recommend, you would make a mistake if you didn’t book with her! Also superrr friendly and fun!!!

Sent on 08/02/2019
    Geneva Boyett Photography 8
  • Lauren

Lauren Mucci · Getting married on 05/24/2020

Top-Notch Engagement Session

My fiance and I were VERY on the fence about engagement pictures, but after our session with Geneva, we are SO happy we did it! She made us feel totally comfortable and ensured that the location / "poses" were in line with exactly what we were looking for. And of course, the photos came out beautifully. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/02/2019

Victoria · Married on 08/11/2018

Geneva was so great! My fiancé and I were nervous for our engagement photos but she made us feel comfortable and relaxed. He had so many great creative ideas. Our photos came out great! Can't wait for her to shoot our wedding!

Sent on 11/08/2017
  • I

Ixtla · Married on 07/28/2018

We are getting married in Maine, but call Chicago home and were looking to have engagement photos taken for a reasonable price. We came across Geneva here on Wedding Wire and were so happy with the result! We live in separate cities, and she was flexible so we could get them images in over the week of Thanksgiving. The images are lovely and we received them quickly. Thanks, Geneva!

Jessy · Married on 06/08/2018

My fiancé and I randomly stumbled upon Geneva's work and we could not have been more thankful! We were not able to take photos on the day of our original session due to the weather. The following weekend we were worried about the same thing. Geneva was quick to respond regarding our concerns. Luckily, the weather ended up being perfect on our rescheduled date. We jumped right into the shoot and Geneva made us both feel very comfortable. She is friendly, personably, and captured both of our visions. We would definitely recommend and hope to shoot with her again in the future!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Clare · Married on 05/26/2018

Geneva is the best! She did our engagement and wedding photos and was amazing to work with. I remember looking at her on my wedding day with panic on my face because I did not know which layer of cake to cut and she calmly instructed us what to do. So she was not only an amazing photographer she was the calm in the storm. Which is really important on your wedding day. Also the photos were amazing, Geneva truly has an artistic eye. We are going to cherish our photos forever!!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Anne · Married on 05/25/2018

Geneva fit both our style and budget. We were able to book her for our wedding long before our date. She takes initiative to reach out to you, whether it be a phone call or scheduling a meeting in order to go through the details of the day. I don't have enough words to describe how professional and great she was on the days leadings to our wedding and into the day itself. She is personable and sweet. I hate having all eyes on me but Geneva made it easy with her calm voice. She made everyone feel at ease and comfortable throughout the photoshoot. She has exceeded our expectations and we are looking forward to seeing the rest of her artwork!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Liann · Married on 03/28/2018

Geneva is such a great photographer to work with. She has a way of making you feel comfortable and relaxed during a session so that the pictures look natural. She did our maternity shoot and we look forward to having her do newborn photos for us when the baby arrives. We have such a sweet and meaningful collection of photos that we will cherish forever! Can't recommend Geneva highly enough!

Sent on 02/28/2018

Lauren · Married on 03/25/2018

From our perspective, the photographer was the most important vendor on our wedding day. We spent so long researching and interviewing different photographers, and I am so glad that we made the decision to go with Geneva. First, we thought her pricing was VERY fair and reasonable. She was flexible and reasonable with her contract. We purchased a package that included engagement pictures, which was a good opportunity to spend some time with Geneva before the wedding. Geneva was a trooper during our engagement shoot, which was in January by Lake Michigan...Brr! On our wedding day, I literally did not notice Geneva (or her wonderful assistant, Kyle) at ALL, but they somehow were there for every memorable moment. She is not one of those photographers who will be in the middle of the dance floor with her camera in the air, shooting blindly. Even though most of our pictures weren't posed, every image we received looked intentional and just...beautiful. I'm sure there's an official photography word for that. Every time I look through our wedding photos, I honestly find new ones that I love and notice small details in them that I didn't before - her photographs are artistic, gorgeous, and unique. It was important to us to not have Cheesy Wedding Pictures, and Geneva definitely delivered. She was also somehow able to capture pictures of all the people who are important to us, without us telling her who those people were - we now have a ton of natural pictures of our closest friends. When we received our pictures, it was also clear that Geneva did a wonderful job of narrowing them down to the best images of each pose - in nearly all of our pictures, EVERYONE looks amazing. Lastly, I'm starting to make photo albums of wedding pictures for family and I really love how Geneva used a mix of vertical/horizontal pictures, which has made it very easy to format the photo album. Thanks SO MUCH to Geneva for capturing our wedding so perfectly!!!!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Lina · Married on 03/03/2018

We were so, so lucky to find Geneva! I can't say enough good things about her: she is sweet, personable, and very professional. She has a fantastic, artistic eye, and her photos came out absolutely beautifully. They were even better than we could have imagined!

We wanted to go to a few different locations for our elopement shoot, and she helped us brainstorm, planned out a route, and patiently went to each location with us on the big day.

She was able to email us with our preview photos just 3 days after our wedding, and the rest of the 200+ photos just 2 weeks after!

I would not hesitate at all to recommend Geneva! She is wonderful!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Sarah · Married on 01/07/2018

Geneva is so great!! She has such an eye for beauty, and is warm and professional. 10/10 would recommend.

Tyler · Married on 12/09/2017

We had a great experience with Geneva. She was very responsive to emails, gave us the opportunity to share our expectations and hopes for our photos, and exceeded our expectations! She offers a nice balance of listening to our requests and at the same time seamlessly taking the lead during our time together. We highly recommend!

Vicky · Married on 11/18/2017

Geneva is pleasure to work with and she was very responsive to all the questions I had leading up to our engagement shoot! The pictures turned out to be amazing and captured the fall season perfectly after running around in the woods together. Can't wait to see how she captures our wedding!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Shuang · Married on 11/10/2017

I worked with Geneva on shooting a lookbook for my jewelry line. The overall process was so easy and seamless, especially given that I was based in New York and she in Chicago. After receiving the brief, she immediately took the initiative to start a Pinterest board, contact potential venues, hire a model, and enlist makeup and hair help. I felt included in every key step of the process but also felt comfortable having her take charge, knowing that she was on the same page and knew what I liked.

Sent on 12/27/2017
    Geneva Boyett Photography 9
    Geneva Boyett Photography 10
    Geneva Boyett Photography 11
    Geneva Boyett Photography 12
    Geneva Boyett Photography 13
    Geneva Boyett Photography 14

Sarah · Married on 10/28/2017

I'd highly recommend Geneva as your wedding photographer! She did a fantastic job with our engagement and wedding photos. I loved Geneva because her work is very artistic. Her pricing is also very affordable in comparison to a lot of Chicago photographers. If you are looking for a nice, professional, high quality, and affordable photographer, you should contact Geneva!

Sent on 12/20/2017
    Geneva Boyett Photography 15

Tanya · Married on 10/07/2017

We booked Geneva (Kite & String Photography) for our engagement photo shoot. I can't say enough good things! The pictures turned out absolutely extraordinary! Geneva was able to capture our candid moments so beautifully. The photos are sweet without feeling posed, flawless without feeling altered, and genuinely reflect our relationship. She is very talented! Beyond the quality of her work, Geneva is just a lovely person! We were a bit nervous at first (as neither one of us likes to be the center of attention), but Geneva made us feel at ease and it turned out to be so much fun! I wholeheartedly recommend booking Kite & String Photography.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Natasha · Married on 10/07/2017

Geneva was wonderful to work with. She was super responsive, thoughtful, and creative. I found her presence to be very calming and certain, which was definitely nice to be around on a hectic day. We were amazed by our photos and how lovely they turned out, especially given what challenge it was to shoot on a very windy and rainy day with lots of people to juggle. She was flexible and willing to roll with the punches. I would definitely recommend working with Geneva in the future.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Andrea · Married on 09/16/2017

Geneva is amazing to work with. Her style is exactly what we were looking for. I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Shaun · Married on 09/03/2017

You could not ask for a more talented, kind, and accommodating photographer. We live in DC, and Geneva was always willing to speak with us over the phone and via email to plan details when we couldn't meet in person. She was unbelievably good at coordinating photos on our wedding day, even when things felt chaotic. Ultimately, she made sure that we had all of the photos we wanted, while still staying on schedule. Given how stressed out I was, it was so comforting to know that she knew exactly what needed to be done, and when.

And besides being so professional, organized, and simply lovely to work with, her photos are gorgeous! I am extremely self-critical in photos, and I was nervous that I would dislike many photos of myself. Well, I was wrong! Out of the several hundred that she provided to us, I could easily pick 100 *perfect* photos, at random! Even when the lighting was a challenge for our indoor ceremony, she made it work. She did so well capturing emotion, movement, and the pure joy of our most special moments. I feel lucky to have snagged Geneva as our photographer at the start of what I am certain will be an extremely successful career! Would highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Cori · Married on 08/26/2017

We hired Geneva (Kite & String Photography) for our wedding and I must say, it was a beautiful experience. I found Geneva through Instagram and her pictures caught my attention instantly. Her photography is unique, artistic, and stunning. Each photograph tells a story and that's what we wanted for our wedding pictures; to tell a story. Geneva not only is an amazing photographer, she is an amazing human being. She is sweet, kind, and generous. She's a beautiful soul that I am thankful to have be part of our special day. She made us feel so comfortable. She gave us a preview of our photos and I'm already a satisfied Bride. I'm eager to see the rest of the photos because I already know their going to be amazing. To my future Brides and Grooms, Geneva is your girl! She will not disappoint.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Brendan · Married on 07/08/2017

mGeneva was so great and so sweet! She really had an eye for beautiful shots and her style is awesome. She was very professional and very good at listening to what we wanted! I'd recommend her any day of the week! If you have a wedding and you don't hire geneva you're gonna miss out. Also she had incredible taste in fiancé's, I met her soon to be husband and he is just as a delight as she is. Geneva will make your wedding A+

Sent on 07/24/2017

Heather · Married on 05/13/2017

Geneva is an incredibly talented individual! She produces quality work, and I was so impressed by her professionalism. You will not be disappointed with her.

Sent on 12/15/2017

Meredith · Married on 03/11/2017

It is with great seriousness and no exaggeration that I give Geneva five stars in every category. From our very first phone call together, to our fun engagement shoot, to the day of, she made me feel at ease and so excited to be working with her. She is so sweet and friendly, and my husband, the ever reluctant photo subject (if you ever want to see albums full of pictures of someone looking grumpy in front of famous sites on multiple continents let him know) was set instantly at ease. Her professionalism dealing with my blended family gave me absolutely nothing to worry about on the day of, because as sweet as she is, she had no problem directing us all which is so important to move things forward. The photos themselves are truly incredible. Geneva is so thoughtful, not only in her composition but in her editing style, and was able to capture our excitement and joy perfectly.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Dalila · Married on 02/16/2017

Geneva did such an amazing job photographing me and my loved one today. She's so careful and you can tell she really cares about getting the perfect shots. She knows exactly how to capture each moment and makes you feel comfortable. Really recommend for your next session! Thanks, Geneva!

Sent on 02/19/2017