Generation C Entertainment Reviews

62 | Chantilly, VA

62 Reviews for Generation C Entertainment

62 Generation C Entertainment Reviews

L · Married on 09/29/2018

Generation C Entertainment was fantastic! They were professional, listened to our requests and played the just the right music! They helped make the wedding reception fun and kept people on the dance floor all evening!

Danny · Married on 08/25/2018

Omari was great! Definitely knows his stuff and he is awesome to work with!

Donald · Married on 08/04/2018

This was an amazing experience. I would not with anyone else!!!

Joann · Married on 04/14/2018

Awesome awesome people and company. I worked with Omari initially and he is genuine, professional and came very highly recommend to me...Our DJ was Maurice aka DJ Convenient Child. He was so sweet and very helpful. My now husband and I are huge procrastinators so we appreciated Maurice's expertise and ability to make it all come together with minimal help and input from us. He sent us a spread sheet to fill out and met with us over the phone to discuss expectations and vision and we basically threw some ideas at him and he made them happen. Everyone raved about how much fun the wedding was and how great the music was. He provided all the equipment and even the mic for our pastor. My husband made some last minute changes to the announcements and did a little performance all on the day of the wedding (at the wedding) and Maurice made it seamlessly happen. There were things I thought of after we talked on the phone that I wanted to tell him before the wedding that i never got the chance to and he did it all anyway without me even asking. He played every song we requested and made it even better! perfection!

• User4605304 · event on: 12/05/2014

DJ SaySo was great! He played wonderful music and a great quality of service for our Holiday Party.

Steve · Married on 08/26/2017

We had a fantastic experience with Omari and Generation C! We had some communication via email where we discussed the schedule, types of music we were going for, and what we were NOT going for. A few weeks before the big day we had a phone call with Omari where we did some fine tuning and got to know each other a bit. On Wedding Day he was completely professional and had things under control and came up with an AMAZING playlist. One of the bartenders actually pulled me (the groom) aside at one point to ask for Omari's information because she wanted him to do her wedding.

Out of all of the vendors we used for the wedding, Omari/Generation C would be the first that I would recommend to friends and family. He's killing it.

Karen · Married on 04/22/2017

Gen C was one of the first vendors we booked. We found their pricing very reasonable compared to some of the other big DJ companies. Gen C made sure to keep in touch with us leading up to our wedding and provided some great resources on song selection via an easy to use Google sheet, where we could also rate song genres, make a do not play list, and identify songs for various items (e.g. cake cutting, etc.). A couple weeks before the wedding, we our DJ in person to go over everything. It was a great meeting as the DJ really took the time to get to know us as a couple, asking us our back story, etc. He listened to our specific requests and also took the time to go over the pronunciation of our wedding party. My husband also arranged a surprise serenade for me at the reception. He told the DJ beforehand and our DJ provided a mic stand and extra cable for his guitar without my husband even having to ask!

The music played at the reception was amazing! We basically told our DJ what genres we liked and asked him to feel out the crowd. He had everyone up and dancing on song #1 and people didn’t stop until it was time to leave! Multiple guests commented on how great the music was! We also really wanted to dance to this one song as our first dance, but it was very long. Our DJ was able to shorten it to the length we wanted without any awkward cut-offs - it was perfect!

Also, although Gen C is a Christian-based company, don’t let that make you think they’re only playing Christian music! My husband is Christian, while I am not. He liked that they were Christian-based and so I went with it. Although I was a little nervous what music we would be getting, I feel so silly ever having a doubt now. They really cater to what you want and can also provide clean versions of songs. Above all, our DJ was just a cool and good person. He totally put us at ease and we absolutely made the right decision! Thank you for a memorable night of music and dancing!

Joy · Married on 12/17/2016

Omari of Generation C was AMAZING!! Our wedding was in Dec. 2016 @ Martin's Camelot. From the very beginning, Omari was professional, transparent, and put our nerves at ease. He thoroughly assessed our music likes/dislikes, and even understood that many of our guests were conservative Christians. Let me tell you, EVERYONE WAS ON THE DANCE FLOOR--youth to elderly!!! The songs were mixed perfectly. Also, the sound equipment (mics, speakers, etc.) were excellent. We were so blessed to have Generation C provide our professional DJ services. You will not be disappointed.

Andy · Married on 11/26/2016

Having Omari DJ our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. He definitely set the tone and had the crowd engaged all night long. You will not second guess going with his services.

• I

Ivy · Married on 11/26/2016

Omari came as a referral from a friend, and she had a lot of wonderful things to say about him. From our first phone call together, I knew immediately that he would be the DJ for us - he was patient, kind and very accommodating. I also appreciated the fact that he is a clear communicator, and was very good at guiding us through the process. On the day of the wedding, Omari kept our dance floor packed - we had a multicultural group of all age groups, and EVERYONE had a good time. I really cannot thank Omari enough for his excellent services and great taste in music. He read the crowd very well, and was beyond helpful to us. Thank you so much Omari!

M · event on: 10/28/2017

Great company, great people! Always wonderful to work with. I have been using them for many years. Very professional, highly recommend them.

M · Married on 10/29/2016

Omari is wonderful! He is very accommodating and has done multiple events with us. He is always early and our guests love him. We look forward to having him back with us again this year! Omari is Awesome!

Julie · Married on 10/16/2016

Very professional DJ! We were very happy with Generation C Entertainment for our wedding! Omari was very easy to work with! We greatly appreciated the effort he put into making sure each name was pronounced correctly in our wedding party. We both love music, have many "favorite" songs so we appreciated Omari using our selected list of songs through out the reception. Our wedding guests had a blast dancing and we have the pictures to prove it! Thank you, Generation C Entertainment for making our day special!

Cefion · Married on 10/08/2016

Omari did an amazing job for our wedding! My fiancé and I love music and because of this, we were constantly changing our minds about the main songs that we wanted played (there are too many great songs to choose from!). Omari helped us narrow down and select memorable songs. He was very patient and really organized. We had to make a last minute change to one of our songs and he accommodated that change, no questions asked.

Our dance floor was packed! Guests are still talking about the music, 2 months after the wedding! Friends tell us all the time how much fun they had and I attribute that to having a great DJ (and good food). He played every song on our wish list and other songs that he intuitively knew we would like. I was on the dance floor the entire night!

One thing that really blew our minds and also demonstrates Omari's genuine character is that when he found out that we wanted to have a prayer before dinner but did not have anyone to do it, he volunteered to bless the food. His blessing was so touching and sincere. He not only blessed our food, but our marriage also. It brought tears to my eyes then and it brings tears to my eyes now as I remember his kind words.

He's a really special person and we were really blessed to have him as our DJ! I can't praise him enough. Thanks for a fantastic wedding, Omari!!

Janice · Married on 09/24/2016

Generation C Entertainment is the best for any event. Very professional and courteous. We were able to pick from hundreds of songs and even request music at the time of our event. He was great in announcing all of the important things at our event. He displayed several large speakers for everyone to hear the music. Inside or outside the music was played perfectly. I highly recommend Generation C Entertainment .

Omari was the DJ for my step sister's wedding and he did a phenomenal job keeping the crowd engaged despite the heat as it was an outdoor wedding. I enjoyed his work so much that I got his information at the end of the night and contacted him the next day to discuss my upcoming wedding. Omari has been amazing to work with. He is extremely responsive and is willing to help with music selection and finding other vendors (i.e. photography and videography). I'm so excited for him to do our wedding in September!

Anna · Married on 07/02/2016

Omari was a great emcee and DJ. From listening to our requests (meeting with us at our house) to engaging the audience on the day of (getting people to sing to 'earn' their food), from top to bottom we were pleased with the day. He catered to our musical tastes and kept people on the dance floor. :)

Justin · Married on 06/04/2016

Thoroughly satisfied with Generation C Entertainment's services. Our wedding was amazing and a huge part of it was due to our DJ! I will certainly recommend them to anyone.

Kelly · Married on 05/29/2016

Generation C Entertainment was AWESOME!!! Very professional, on time and very easy to work with. The dance floor was full the entire time! Thank you and GREAT job!!

Tim · Married on 05/21/2016

Omari Fennell of Generation C Entertainment was simply outstanding to work with. Communication with Omari was easy and his response to our concerns was always prompt and helpful. On the day of my daughter's reception, Omari ensured that he was there and ready to go hours before our event. He even helped us set up his p.a. and a monitor system for our band. During the reception, Omari kept things moving and was exceptionally responsive to our requests. Working with a band, D.J. Omari kept everything running smoothly, while serving as Emcee for our reception. I sent him a slide show and he worked to have it run with my music seamlessly. We had many complements that our reception was both very personal to our family and one of the most fun that some remember attending. Overall, we could not have asked for a better experience with Omari; he is tops. My highest recommendation

Omari was absolutely a joy to work with! His communication, professionalism, and attention to detail was unparalleled.
    My wife and I had a multi-cultural wedding (American/Bolivian) and he did an excellent job pulling everything together.
    From song choices to order of service; he was paramount in orchestrating a smooth flow to our special day.
    I would 100% recommend his services! If you're looking for the best DJ in the Northern Virginia area (or really anywhere) - look no further - Omari is your guy!

DJ Omari with Generation C Entertainment is the real deal. He was patient, professional, and charged less than other DJs in the area. The reception went off without a hitch. When we were having trouble playing our own music during the cocktail hour (before DJ Omari was supposed to be on the clock), he stepped in and played some music and then later used his equipment to play the playlist we had on it at no extra charge. He emceed the event well and then kept the dance floor packed. He even stayed a little late as we waited for a shuttle, which was running late, to come and pick up our guests. He provided the personal and professional services we needed to get through a stressful but very fun day, and at a great value! We are very grateful to have DJ Omari and Generation C Entertainment part of our special day.

Jade & James · Married on 09/12/2015

Omari of Generation C Entertainment was an AMAZING DJ for our wedding! It was hard to find a good Christian DJ that played a well-balanced musical selection that kept our family dancing and enjoying themselves. I will say that our family was a tough crowd to please, as we had very conservative Christian family members that were not accustomed to dancing at weddings and a more liberal Christian side of the family that dances to anything with a good beat. :-) lol My husband and I were just absolutely pleased and wowed at how Omari worked the crowd and got family members that normally wouldn't dance, up and moving on the dance floor! YAY! Omari is very professional, punctual, transparent with communication and flexible with changes. He made sure that our vision for music and entertainment shined through on our Big Day! Honestly, you cannot put a price on the high quality of service and thoughtfulness that Omari brings to his clients. Anytime we had a question or needed to get in contact with him he responded quickly and efficiently to make sure he addressed our needs and concerns. We are truly grateful that we found Generation C Entertainment and that Omari was our wedding DJ! He helped to make our wedding day wonderful and memorable for all of the right reasons! We would definitely recommend him and his company for your wedding, if you are looking for a good quality, reasonably priced and fun Christian DJ!

N · Married on 09/06/2015

Omari and Marcus were amazing! They had so many ideas to keep our wedding fun and interactive! Our guests are still talking now about how much fun they had and a huge part of that is because of how great Omari and Marcus were! We met with them multiple times over the planning process and they were always available to contact if we had any additional questions. I highly recommend them!

Ryan · Married on 09/05/2015

Great DJ and master of ceremony - Omari was very responsive to our requests and was easy to work with. Highly recommended.