71 Reviews for Bluff Mountain Inn

Server(s) (2)
Champagne Toast (2)
Flatware (2)
Scenic Views (1)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
In-House Bar (1)
Drapery (1)
Furniture (1)
Tables (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)

My now husband and I chose this venue because it was the halfway point between Ohio (where I am from, and all of my family lives) and Louisiana (where he is from and all his family resides). I can't even put into words how perfect this choice was. Everything was absolutely beautiful. We got married in the dead of winter, and it was gorgeous. Rhonda leaves no detail behind, and runs a smooth, tight ship. It was perfect. If there were any flaws of the day, I never knew the difference. It was the best day ever, and I couldn't have done it without Rhonda, Rick, or Mary (our photographer)! I am so excited to see the photos!

Thank you Bluff Mountain Inn for the best day ever.

Profile Picture Brittany, 12/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

12/30/2017 - Best day ever, Rick, Rhonda couldn't have been more helpful in preparation for my daughters wedding. She lives in LA and we live in OH so to say the least it was a challenge. TN is smack in the middle for us. Phone calls and lots of changes ....they couldn't have been more patient and kind. And on the wedding day we had a very sick Bride, they kept her hydrated and offered her plenty of Honey and Lemon to sooth her sore throat from prep to end of reception. They also provided golf cart rides to restrooms for our elderly guests and plenty of heaters to warm the barn. It got quite toasty considering it was only 19 degrees outside that day. The food choice were plenty and the food was hot and delicious, the DJ awesome.

Photo for Bluff Mountain Inn Review - Mr. & Mrs. Hutchinson
Photo for Bluff Mountain Inn Review - Grandma said Grace
Photos
Photo for Bluff Mountain Inn Review - Grandma's sneak peak
Photo for Bluff Mountain Inn Review - Bubbles make me happy
Profile Picture Carmela, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We couldn't have asked for a better experience from start to finish! It was a beautiful perfect day and everybody treated us like family and with the utmost respect! Thank you so much for a perfect wedding and I recommend Bluff Mountain Inn!

Profile Picture Wendi, 10/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We eloped at Bluff Mountain Inn 10/14/2017 and were very pleased with the elopement package which was a great value. The grounds there are very pretty although smaller than we originally thought via advertising. We came from out of state so as a bride I was worried about things going smoothly. At first they were not the most responsive but that did change and Rick was very prompt to answer any questions I had. He was also our photographer and he did an excellent job. Our pictures are very pretty. I did feel a bit rushed getting ready but I do understand they have a schedule. There was another wedding the same day which was ok as ours was at 1:00 and theirs at 4:00 yet still felt we had to be finished up so they could start. The honeymoon suite was very comfortable, clean, and nice. Only negative was the bridal suite was above us and the next wedding party getting ready above us were loud walking in their heels above us which took away a bit from the quiet atmosphere. It wasn't a huge deal though, just annoying. We were married in the chapel with an officiant, had a nice dinner, and a decent amount of photos were taken. The staff there are friendly and kind as well as welcoming. I don't regret eloping as we did it here and this way and it was romantic and beautiful. It was a great experience overall.

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Dessert, Server(s), All Inclusive Packages, Cake, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Parking, Indoor, Champagne Toast

We had such a great experience at the Bluff Mountain Inn this past weekend! We eloped in the mountains and enjoyed every moment of it! Beautiful scenery, amazing staff & owners. Our wedding dinner and personal cake was delicious! Can't wait to see the beautiful images captured by the photographer! I highly recommend you check them out for your special day... they exceeded our expectations!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography

Rhonda and Rick were absolutely wonderful. They were very accommodating to all my wants and needs for our rehearsal and wedding day. They were so friendly, understanding and everything matched and went together so perfectly. The day was completely calm and I had no worries and it turned out perfect. As my entire family said "nothing went wrong." Mary was so fast with the photography I didn't feel like it made us late to the reception and she worked so well during the reception I never knew she was in the room! Jennifer was great with the music and did so well fading the music in and out exactly how I wanted it. Taila was good the little time I got to work with her gathering my wedding details.

Profile Picture Selene, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We did the elopement package. I wouldn't change a thing. Everyone was wonderful. The place is beautiful. Our day was perfect !!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Staff members went above and beyond to get the wedding set up and stayed on top! Food was very good!

Profile Picture Nita, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Tables, Scenic Views, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, China, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

This is such a beautiful place! Everybody there was so helpful and on top of everything!!!

Profile Picture Lauradda, 8/1/17, 1 Review
4.2

Our photographer, Mary, was wonderful! She took time to pose us and to make sure the details of each picture were perfect. I haven't seen the pictures yet, but I know they will be fantastic. Rhonda did an excellent job with the dinner for two and all of the decorations for the wedding reception and in the honeymoon suite. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the dinner...everything was marvelous! The grounds are extremely well maintained and there are so many beautiful places to take pictures.

Profile Picture Fran, 7/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We looked at a lot of vendors and Bluff Mountain was by far the best deal in a beautiful setting! We have now seen the grounds in multiple seasons and every time we have stopped by the venue is immaculate and beautiful. When we first booked Rhonda treated us like we were family and we felt right a home.

We had our consultation with the wedding planner, Talia, recently and she was very honest and helpful. It was easy to plan our wedding in one day! We were able to choose decor, flowers, food etc.... in one stop! Only one vendor to deal with who is very kind, respectful and accommodating. When we show up for our Wedding in December it will be a low stress environment for us so that we can celebrate our day with 50 of the people we love. That's the way a wedding should be! We can't wait to get married at Bluff Mountain Inn!

Our journey with Bluff Mountain Inn is complete. On December 3rd, 2016 they moved mountains to make sure our day was everything we dreamed of. Less than a week after their own homes and workplace was threatened by a very real wildfire they were putting us first and creating the most memorable day ever. The decorations were elegant, beautiful, and exactly what I wanted. The DJ was very professional, following our directions to the letter and playing a great selection of music. The food was delicious and complimented by everyone. In addition the cake was the best I've every had ! I say all this to let you know that Bluff Mountain works with the highest quality vendors to get you the best possible event! Our photographers Rick and Mary had great ideas and were very patient to make sure they got the best shots possible. I can't wait to see the pictures! The best day of our lives also turned out to be one of the least stressful and most fun!!!! That's what a wedding should be about - having the time to enjoy your family and friends as they celebrate with you. That's exactly what you will get at Bluff Mountain at a great value too!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 12/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
3.8

What a beautiful place! We did the Intimate Family package, and we really got a great deal for how much was involved. That being said, don't expect to feel personal and you may have to nag the wedding planner a bit. I wanted to be involved, but felt like I wasn't. I booked my wedding over a year in advance and had specifications and suggestions from Day 1 about what I wanted. Never once, during the entire time, did Talia remember what I had previously told her. Up until the one month mark, she was asking me the same questions over and over -- I told her what flavor cake I wanted four times! I was frustrated that nothing I communicated to her seemed to stick. There were three weddings on my day, so I saw a service wrapping up when I arrived to get ready, and the wedding party for the evening wedding was arriving as I was leaving. They were overbooked due to Hurricane Matthew, but that was something I was looking for when I was venue searching. I did not want to pay extra for flowers in the centerpieces, so we planned an entire centerpiece with no plants, and then when I walked into the reception hall with my new husband, there was a completely different centerpiece with mason jars and baby's breath. Even though this matched my theme perfectly and I was elated, it was different than what we had discussed so I thought I would include it for those brides who may freak out over that sort of thing. Everything went smoothly the day of, and the photographers were absolutely FANTASTIC. The food was the best meal I've had in my life (the tasting, though it cost extra, was definitely worth it). Overall my day was perfect, but the planning was more stressful than it needed to be. Talia was the only reason I didn't give 5 stars.

Profile Picture User4999274, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
0.5

Do NOT elope at Bluff Mountain! They double booked us and we lost to the big wedding after we paid our retainer and signed the contract! Completely unprofessional, rude, and horrible to work with. I live in another state, booked a flight for our wedding and they say their sorry, well sorry isn't enough. Talia is the wedding coordinator we worked with, she's terrible at communication with both phone and email, and "Rick" (not sure if he is the manager, owner or both), well he doesn't call you either. Stay away!! I do have the email's to prove how bad they are, let me know and will send to you. **I was not able to leave the review without putting in a wedding day, I put the date we were SUPPOSED to get married there.

Profile Picture Marge, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I couldn't have asked for more on our wedding day! Every little detail that we wanted to make a part of our day was taken care of by Talia (she was our wedding planner) and such a sweet person that really cared how our wedding went and looked! Our wedding went so smooth, I really couldn't believe there were no issues or problems. They made it a very stress free day for me, but you know I think everyone has those little jitters right before getting married, so that was kind of stressful just waiting to get out there to see my husband. Ricky and Mary were our photographers they both were so professional and kind. Matt and I would like to thank each and everyone of you again at Bluff Mountain Inn for making our special day as beautiful and as enjoyable as it was!

Profile Picture Kristin, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I heard about Bluff Mountain Inn from a friend who's son was married there. Her exact words: "Trust me. You will be happy with every single detail." Happy is not exactly the word I would use. Ecstatic, thrilled, amazed.... Most of all, it was the happiest day of our lives, thanks to Rick and Talia. Not a single detail was neglected. From my hair and makeup, Talia's help with my corseted dress, the music, my beautiful roses, the ceremony, cake, food; I could go on and on. Most of all, I was RELAXED! Because I knew that everything was being taken care of. I have never seen a more gorgeous setting for a wedding. Thank you, Rick and Talia, for making our day even more special!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Bluff Mountain Inn made my entire wedding experience absolutely amazing. From beginning to end Rick, Talia, Mary and Jennifer went out of their way to make us feel welcome and completely at ease. With only three months to plan and execute the wedding everything went off without one problem. I am beyond thankful for their hard work and dedication to what they do. The very BEST experience I could have ever imagined.

Profile Picture Franklin, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Gary and I had our wedding at Bluff Mountain Inn two weeks ago. We cannot say enough nice things about both the venue and the staff. We loved the fact that it was a one-stop-shop and everything was taken care of for us, including wedding planning, the minister, flowers, music, photography, dinner, cake, and the honeymoon suite. I even had my hair and makeup done on-site. The grounds were beautifully manicured and in full bloom. The attention to detail was impeccable. All we had to do was show up. We are an older couple. We did not want a large wedding, but we still wanted all of the wedding formalities. Bluff Mountain Inn was an excellent choice. We are so pleased we chose to have our wedding at this facility. Our experience was superb. We highly recommend this venue. Thanks so much to Rick, Rhonda, Talia, and Jennifer for making our special day a wonderful memory. Can we give you ten stars???

Profile Picture Kim, 5/25/16, 1 Review
1.6

Don't really know where to start......after reading reviews I was sure we couldn't go wrong in choosing Bluff Mountain Inn for our venue. We were planning a small wedding with family on a short notice but they assured us that everything would be great. After booking they were not very friendly or informative. Very disappointed in the way things were handled. We did not get the colors we chose. We did not get our toasting cider. The extra charge for the DJ was a waste of money. The food was okay but very small portions for what you pay. The pictures were good but we were told there would be two photographers and Mary was the only one, never even met Rick. The photo prices are outrageous! Took a month before we even got sneak peeks. Our package included a free canvas, after giving the image # of the photo we wanted for our canvas was told we should have it in 4 weeks, 7 weeks later, still no canvas! When I contacted them I was told that they had been really busy and changed the way they do things and I would need to order it myself. So I was not a happy customer!!! I was very disappointed in Bluff Mountain and our experience with them.

Profile Picture User6484793, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Chairs, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Cake, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Event Planning

I couldn't have asked for a better crew to help with our wedding. The venue was so beautiful decorated. The process of planning was smooth and as least stressful as wedding planning can be. The food was wonderful and I ate a little leftover cake in bed every night on our honeymoon. :-)The photographer was wonderful and the pictures came out wonderfully. Id recommend Bluff mountain inn 1000 times over.

Profile Picture Becky, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you're looking for an intimate, romantic wedding with mother nature in all her glory as your stage, sandy beaches and oceanfront venues don't hold a candle to the Smokey Mountains or Bluff Mountain Inn! Ray & I couldn't be happier with the venue, minister's service, flowers, accommodations, not to mention the outstanding photography Rick provided.

After Ray & I were engaged, we explored several options before deciding on a destination wedding. And being the planner that I am, I researched at minimum 20 destinations across the U.S., countless inclusive and not so inclusive destination packages, and spent more hours than I'd like to admit looking at pictures and reading reviews. We wanted the most important, memorable day of our lives to be at a low-key, intimate venue that would allowed us to focus on each other and our first days as husband and wife (without breaking the bank).

Without hesitation we can say, Bluff Mountain Inn exceeded every expectation! Their packages are extremely reasonable and you get so much more than what's on paper. They really enjoy what they do and cover all the bases, providing as stress free of a day as possible with the focus on making your wedding everything you dreamed, not like you're their 100th+ event.

Just a couple of items I'm glad we added:
- A second photo session to capture us the day before the wedding. We've never had professional pictures before and are so happy we have the moments before and after captured to treasure through the years.
- Hair and makeup the day of the wedding delivered with sweet, southern charm. I've never looked better and learned several new makeup and hair tricks. Plus it was awesome having someone to chat with before the big moment :)
- An extra day at the Inn. We used the time to explore parks, caverns and family owned local cuisine (awesome bbq!)

Not to sound too gushy, but I really can't imagine our day (and stay) being more perfect. Thank you!

Profile Picture Dena, 4/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Our wedding was at Bluff Mountain Inn this past Tuesday, April 5, 2016. I am so glad we selected this venue. It was the most amazing day, down to the last minute. LOVE the entire Bluff Mountain Inn staff. Talia was great with answering any questions throughout the process. It was completely stress free. Rhonda saved the day with my challenging corset dress. Mary made the photographs fun, and made us all feel like rock stars. Food was amazing, DJ was amazing, and on & on... Can't say enough! Would recommend Bluff Mountain Inn to anyone who wants a stress-free, mountain-destination wedding.

Profile Picture Cassandra, 4/5/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Cake, Event Planning, Parking, Chairs

The best decision for my wedding was to use Bluff mountain Inn. My entire wedding was planned from 600 miles away. I was hesitant to use a venue I'd never seen, but Talia and everyone else there made my wedding better than I could have imagined. It was stress free, easy, and beautiful. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't change one thing!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Party Supplies, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I cannot say enough about this wedding venue. It is so special and so different and I'll always cherish getting married there. After looking at many of the wedding chapels in the area we were so disappointed at the commercial "Vegas type" feel to them. It just wasn't us.
I came upon bluff mountain inn. It was just a few miles away from our cabin. We went to check it out and the minute we started down their long backwoods country driveway we knew this was it. First thing we saw was the little white chapel which we recognized as being modeled after an old chapel in cades cove! Anyone who loves this area knows how special that is
The day finally came and I have to say I could not have asked for a more perfect day.
It was just us two getting married. We were greeted by Ricks little dogs running around the yard and we were greeted and show around to the back of the house which has been set up with beautiful suites, a makeup and hair area and views for days.
I was worried where Eric would wait for me while I got ready. It was a really cold day and I was having my hair and makeup done (by Haley who is THE best hair and makeup artist wow!!)
They brought Eric into one of their suites. He had a TV, fireplace and they brought him coffee. He was set!!! I was given the suite next door to his so he wouldn't see me until I was all ready! They took care of everything! I didn't have to worry about one thing. My dress and all my things were placed in the room. While I was getting my hair and makeup done, Rick was taking pictures of me, then our rings, my dress. They had our flowers waiting and ready exactly as I requested.
We took photos after, Rick had me hide in the beautiful barn while he brought Eric out to get some amazing reaction shots!! We then met the pastor and we were married in the chapel in a lovely private beautiful Candlelit ceremony.
I cannot say enough about this place. Our day was the most perfect, stress free day I could ever imagine.

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 2/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely love Bluff Mountain Inn! I was taken back by the beauty of the property! I loved the barn with the Christmas lights and I love the bistro w the patio and fireplace! It is a gorgeous place to have weddings! Their wedding planner Talia is the best and was always right on point! The photography is amazing too! I would definitely recommend Bluff Mountain Inn!

Profile Picture User6115879, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
0.5

Please rethink your choice of this venue. They do NOT return your emails or phone calls. They had the date of my wedding wrong in their computer by 6 months. Faulty advertisement of vendors and PERSONALIZED decor ( look at a dozen photos on their page and that is the decor you have to choose from.) Even with some of my guest not showing up their was still not enough tables set for my guests at reception. Chairs during ceremony/reception were dirty. They put all my guests into chapel prior to ceremony and then told them to just go find a seat when I had asked for 2 family members who rented tuxes to seat my guest and sister in law/ nephew to pass out programs upon enterning considering it was suppose to be a small intimate ceremony. Serving set and toasting glasses were ruined because they were packed up dirty. All items were not returned. VERY RUSHED, they want u packed and out of the space by the end time of your contract to move another party or rehearsal in. Prices change throughout planning process such as hair and make up. Lastly while staff is suppose to be waiting on my guest they are on social media typing bad comments about my family and friends. (Facebook) UNPROFESSIONAL to say the least. Bar tender EXTREMELY rude, noted by several of my guest. The food was good and the food servers were nice! The view is pretty but there are a thousand other places with the same view and hopefully better service!!!!!

Profile Picture User6916835, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cake, Event Planning, China, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Chairs, Uncovered Outdoor