Gaslamp Floral Reviews

72 | San Diego, CA

72 Reviews for Gaslamp Floral

Laurel · Married on 07/17/2015

Look no further, Dawn at Gaslamp Floral is your girl!! Right from our very first meeting, I had 100% confidence in Dawn. We had a pretty limiting budget for our wedding, but she came back with so many great options to help make our wedding and reception colorful and beautiful despite our limitations. She's super helpful and responsive and it is obvious that she takes a lot of pride in her work. Everything was absolutely beautiful on our wedding day! From our bouquets, to the mason jars that went from hanging on chairs during the ceremony and moved to the tables for the reception, the wedding party table was AMAZING, but the best was how she decorated our cakes!! We chose to have 5 different cakes decorated in white instead of a tiered cake and Dawn decorated each of them with flowers and succulents and were absolutely perfect! They were literally the talk of the reception!!! Forget my dress, or our first dance, my guests were stunned by Dawn's decor on the cakes!! :) Thank you Gaslamp Floral!!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Dawn and her husband at Gaslamp floral were absolutely amazing to work with. We had a destination wedding aboard a yacht in the San Diego Bay and they made wedding planning for us from across the country as stress-free as possible. Being business owners ourselves, we were so appreciative and 100%+ satisfied with the quality of customer service and floral arrangements they provided to us. We were 3 hour apart in time zones and they were incredibly responsive as well as flexible to assure our floral/decor was stunning for our wedding. I've never had a better service experience than I have had with Gaslamp floral.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Catie · Married on 04/18/2015

5 stars. Hands down.

I have known Dawn Steel for 6 years, and she is one of the most personable, hard-working, and bubbly people I know. She along with her husband John were with me from the beginning to end of my “wedding floral” journey. They created BEAUTIFUL personal florals for my destination wedding at Walt Disney World. They were diligent, helpful, and made the whole process stress-free - all while making my vision come to life! The couple was extremely professional and delivered the flowers on time and in perfect condition.

Dawn is not only a talented florist, but also a great friend with an awesome personality. If you want stunning flowers and excellent care for one of the most important days of your life, then choose Gaslamp Floral.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Nancy · Married on 04/18/2015

Gaslamp Floral deserves my 5 star rating and more. Dawn and John were the floral designers for my daughter's destination wedding and we were absolutely thrilled with them and their work. The flowers were fresh and of excellent quality and Dawn's arrangements were absolutely gorgeous. The bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres were artfully and impeccably made with the highest attention to detail and beauty. Honestly, I wish I could include photographs as they would speak for themselves.
    Dawn and John were also great to work with. They were professional and very kind through out the entire process. They communicated with us regularly and in a timely manner and never made us feel anxious that they wouldn't be able to deliver what we envisioned. I always left our conversations feeling that they really cared about making us happy.
    Dawn and John have an extensive knowledge of flowers and a true artistic sensibility of knowing which flowers work together to maximize their impact. Together with Dawn's artistry, attention to detail, incredible work ethic and love of her work, Gaslamp Floral truly exceeded our expectations in every way.

Sent on 12/04/2015

Casie · Married on 03/13/2015

Gaslamp Floral was one of the best choices I made for my wedding! I worked directly with Dawn Steel, who happened to also be my amazing wedding coordinator. Dawn was fabulous in making sure we were on the same page as to what I had in mind for colors, style and types of floral arrangements. I showed her inspirations from Pinterest and we talked about some of my own ideas and she was able to turn those ideas into life! She even met me at the floral warehouse in Carlsbad to walk around and pick out the actual flowers I wanted.

They made the most beautiful bouquets for me and my bridesmaids and all of my centerpieces were exactly what I had in mind. The colors popped and the arrangements were gorgeous! The arch piece they made was taken down and moved to our head table after the ceremony so I got to see it up close. It was even more beautiful than I could have imagined! Their prices were extremely fair for all the effort they put into it and Dawn helped to make sure we stayed within my budget. I noticed lots of other floral touches around our reception room were added to enhance it even more.

I HIGHLY recommend Gaslamp Floral (and Dawn). You can tell they really care about making sure you get exactly what you want... and then some! We were very pleased with their service and all of our floral arrangements.

Sent on 03/20/2015

Kev and Alex · Married on 02/07/2015

Dawn was great! She understood my vision and made it come to life. The table centerpieces and garlands were my favorite!

Sent on 04/27/2015

Hannah · Married on 01/01/2015

Dawn and her husband are a great team! They create some of the prettiest floral arrangements and really capture the vision. They will work with any budget, size or style and are extremely accommodating. I would highly recommend their services to any newlyweds or client looking for amazing florals.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Melissa · Married on 11/15/2014

My husband and I chose Gaslamp Floral as our floral vendor for our wedding, and we are so so glad that we did! Dawn was super attentive to the look and feel I wanted, and the finished product exceeded my expectations. I also love how creative they are - I went with an "ombre" theme for my florals which they nailed. Everything they created was absolutely beautiful and everything I had envisioned. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/07/2014

Tara · Married on 08/16/2014

Dawn was helpful each step of the way. She helped me to understand which flowers would work best, what colors to use, what type of wrap I can have around the bouquet, etc. When I came to my wedding and saw what she had done with the flowers, they looked even better than what I had imagined. She has a great eye for this and is able to understand what style the bride likes and wants. She just gets it.

Sent on 08/18/2014

Courtney · Married on 08/08/2014

I hired Gaslamp Floral for my recent wedding and it was the best decision ever! Dawn completely understood my vision and did a fantastic job! Everyone kept commenting on how beautiful the flowers were. The arrangements for my centerpieces were STUNNING! Thank you so much for all that you did!!!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Antoinette · Married on 08/02/2014

Dawn did an amazing job! She knew what I wanted as far as centerpieces and brought it to life. Totally brought out theme of the wedding. My bouquet was so beautiful. The floral setup was amazing. I would totally recommend gaslamp floral for your event!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Heather · Married on 07/12/2014

Dawn at Gaslamp Floral is amazing. She's a true professional who listens to everything you say. The flowers for our wedding were phenomenal and better than I could have ever imagined. People were complimenting our entire night. I just got my wedding pictures back and the flowers look even more beautiful in the photos. She really went above and beyond and made sure we got the best flowers and arrangements for our money. I would recommend Dawn to anyone looking for a florist for any special event. She will deliver her best. Thanks again, Dawn!!!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Carol · Married on 07/06/2014

Dawn is responsive, highly detail oriented and produced amazing work that went beyond what I had imagined for my decor. I was impressed with all of the little touches she provided for the ceremony and reception that I hadn't asked for, and received compliments from everyone - my guests, my photographers, my wedding planner etc. Additionally, I appreciated her constant communication, willingness to work with my budget and her enthusiasm - it made my day very special. Highly, highly recommended!!

Sent on 07/12/2014

Ayami · Married on 06/17/2014

Love Love Loved our beautiful flowers!! Dawn spent a lot of time listening and asking about what we (I :-P) want. I told her what I like and what I don't like, showed her some pictures of my ideas, and our wedding ceremony and reception were decorated perfectly! It was all amazingly beautiful!! Plus it was in our budget!!
    She was also our wedding coordinator so I think it worked out perfect!! She took care of our entire ceremony & reception decorations and we were absolutely stress free on our special day!!
    Everyone loved all of the beautiful flowers, and we received so many complements on how wonderful it all looked. We are so glad we had Gaslamp Floral for our wedding day!!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Abra · Married on 06/06/2014

Gaslamp Floral was a pleasure to work with. I coordinated with Dawn who was responsive and 100% willing to work within my budget. To me that was so important so many other vendors wouldn't work with me as I had a limited budget. She explained costs based on the flowers I wanted and provided additional ideas to meet my budget constraints. When we got closer to the date the flowers I had requested were nearing the end of season so Dawn expressed her concern about their quality providing me with similar options. She was wonderful and the flowers were beyond what I expected. Seriously, they were amazing. I would use Gaslamp floral again! You can't go wrong in using them as your floral vendor.

Sent on 06/12/2014

Jessica · Married on 02/14/2014

Dawn was great at working with my budget and sending me pictures of different options to make sure the flowers were what I wanted. They turned out beautiful!

Sent on 04/09/2014

Jenna · Married on 09/14/2017

Dawn with Gaslamp Floral is AMAZING. She worked with our budget tremendously by revising it multiple times to fit our needs. She allowed us to rank what was most important to us and was able to tweak the price to ensure we got everything we wanted and more. It only took one conversations about our floral dream for Dawn to nail down exactly what we were looking for. Payments were easy as she accepts online bank transfers for the down payments and the final payment. The day of the wedding, Dawn amazed us with a few little extras here and there of items we did not expect to have included in our package. Definitely recommend Gaslamp Floral to anybody that wants a beautiful floral package for their wedding!

Sent on 09/30/2017

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you SO much Jenna! I loved working on your florals and working with you was just perfect! I am so glad that we were able to help make your day amazing!!! xoxo ~D

brittany · Married on 11/19/2016

My husband and I live in Gilbert, Arizona and dreamt of a destination wedding in La Jolla California. I started planning my wedding early January and had found Gaslamp Floral through referral by our wedding rental company. I began doing a little more research online and found them on the Wedding Wire and the Knot. Read through reviews and gave Dawn a call. Immediately she was open, willing and EXCITED to help me plan my dream wedding. As with any crazy bride, I had changed my mind a million times, sent 50+ pictures via, email and text and changed my color scheme and wedding arbor back and forth and through each alteration and change Dawn promptly and gracefully accommodated me in any way she could. Her and her husband had vacationed in Hawaii the month leading up to our wedding and still stayed in contact with quick replies while on her family vacation. The one thing that stuck out to me the most about Gaslamp Floral, was their attention to detail and willingness to work within your budget. She nailed my vision and I was so happy with the outcome! I highly recommend Dawn and her husband.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

We would like to thank Brittany for this review. It seems there may be an issue with the star rating system as Courtney indicated to me that she meant to give us 5 stars across the board. I am working to get this resolved and would love to highlight a portion of what she told us:

"Hey dawn, I don't know how to change it. I had thought I'd given you all five stars.

It's not letting me log in and saying I don't have the correct email address to log in."

Hopefully we can resolve this soon :-) ~Gaslamp Floral

Courtney · Married on 10/22/2016

Dawn was AMAZING!!! I don't even know how many emails we sent back and forth and she was SO accommodating. I switched venues from San Diego to Oceanside and I was NOT about to let Gaslamp go. They were so helpful with creativity (after all they are the professionals) where I just sent her photos of what I liked and what I might changed and let her work her magic. They flowers turned out AMAZING and beautiful. The only thing I would say is that I was a bride who was go with the flow and open to different things.. I was a bit surprised by my bridesmaid's bouquets because they were a bit more vintage looking than what I anticipated. The aisle decor ended up looking very different from the picture I had sent her. All in all, I was VERY pleased and satisfied with the flowers, I just wanted to leave a little disclaimer if you are the type of bride that would "freak out" if something doesn't look exactly like the picture. Either way, my flowers belong in a magazine, no question about it! Especially when it came to "crunch time" and I was overwhelmed with so many other things. She kept me on track with decisions and keeping up on the emails. Thank you Dawn for being so communicative and helpful. I would work with you again and will recommend you to others.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

We wanted to thank Courtney for this review. It seems there may be an issue with the star rating system as Courtney indicated to me that she meant to give us 5 stars across the board. I am working to get this resolved and would love to highlight a portion of what she told us:

"I can def change to 5 stars. Thank you so much, and like i said i was VERY pleased and would def recommend you to others!! You were so much help and so communicative and helpful. I couldnt have done it without u."

Jaclyn · Married on 11/02/2019

Beautiful work

Dawn made both of our bridal bouquets, bridal party bouquets, boutonnières, centerpieces and accents for around our venue. There is no question that she is a talented florist! I mean wow, our flowers were absolutely stunning and even more beautiful than we could have imagined. Dawn was so sweet and so willing to work with us, she truly brought our vision to life. All the touches around the venue truly made it look amazing and the table runners were spectacular. We had so many compliments on our bouquets. It was pretty remarkable that we received such beautiful flowers and great service while being able to stay well within our budget. We have recommended her to many and will continue to do so! Thank you for all your hard work and beautiful skill!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Hi ladies! From our first meeting, sharing a glass of wine, I knew you two were going to be great clients! I appreciate your willingness to be flexible and for allowing me to be creative. Your day was lovely and I cannot wait to work with your family and friends in the near future! xo ~Dawn

Sharon · Married on 06/30/2018

Great Experience with Dawn

I initially chose Dawn as my florist but due to monetary constraints, we decided to go with a cheaper florist. After 2 months of poor coordination with the cheaper florist, i contacted Dawn and was excited that she was available. She worked within our budget to give us an amazing floral arrangement and kept us realistic with our expectations. Flowers are expensive but if you plan to do it, do it the right way and go with someone who give a flat price versus one who tries to nickel and dime you. i recommend Dawn.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thanks so much Sharon! I really liked the final look we created - the bud vases on the guest tables were so colorful and fun! I'm glad that we were able to give you a beautiful wedding and keep prices down :-) Congrats!! ~D

K Abusham · Married on 11/01/2019

Wedding Flowers

The flowers were beautiful and exactly what I had envisioned. It’s too bad I wasn’t able to walk down the aisle with them.
    The florist was inefficient, unprepared and highly unprofessional.
    Due to her lack of time management and communication, not only did I (the bride) not have my bouquet for the ceremony, the entire wedding party did not have their arrangements either along with the flower basket or the flower girl crown.
    I had called her to find out where she was before the ceremony because I didn’t see anyone with the flowers and she didn’t answer. When I told her about this, all she said was “she didn’t have a missed call.”
    Upon trying to figure out what had happened after the ceremony, her demeanor was immediately defensive and argumentative with a “quick to point the finger” attitude. She blamed the other bride without taking ownership of their failures.
    With spending an excess amount of money for services, the minimum expectations should at least be met... for example: a wedding where the bride has her bouquet.
    This whole experience was a huge let down and I would never recommend this company for their events.

Sent on 11/02/2019

Hi Katie,
    Thank you for the lovely compliment on our flowers. We loved what we made for your wedding.

I am truly sorry for the issue that you experienced. We want to sincerely apologize for the miscommunication that took place during your wedding day.

I want to assure you that me and my team were not, and are not, inefficient, unprepared, or unprofessional - we are quite the opposite. Unfortunately, you were not present to see or hear any of what led to the issue at hand... our team did what we could. I can tell you that this type of issue has never happened to us, nor will it happen in the future.

I am sad to hear that you feel you spent an excess amount of money when I gave you nothing but discounted prices for everything on your quote.

Please look for a private response regarding your issue.