Garden Designs by Kristen Reviews

Garden Designs by Kristen 5
Garden Designs by Kristen 6
Garden Designs by Kristen 7
  • User3790964 · event on 12/07/2013

Kristen does beautiful work. My guests raved about how stunning her flower arrangements are--lush and magical. Her creativity is endless!

Mary K · event on 12/06/2013

Kristen decorated one of the rooms at the Crane Estate at Castle Hill in Ipswich for the Christmas Open House Weekend Dec 6-8. Her designs are so clever and creative, our visitors love them! She spends more time in making her designs perfect than any other vendor I have seen and it shows.

Sent on 01/03/2014

Veronica · event on 12/06/2013

Kristen's holiday decorations at the Crane Estate in Ipswich, MA were truly magnificent. The size, scale and color coordination of the centerpiece she created was just right for the setting. The room decorations were elegant and whimsical. I was particularly impressed by the "wisteria tree" she created with orchids.

Sent on 01/19/2014

Sherry · Married on 10/19/2013

Kristin Blais is so talented and so creative. She puts her heart and soul into everything she does. She has amazing vision when she works on an event and she will work around the clock to make sure that the flowers and decor are perfect!!!
    Kristin is a joy to work with and I would not do an event without her assistance.

Sent on 12/28/2013

Alexandra · Married on 10/19/2013

Kristen was absolutely amazing!! She was able to meet the vision we had for our wedding - she not only met our expectations, she far surpassed our expectations! Kristen's eye for style and attention to detail was clearly on display throughout our wedding venue, which happened to be my parent's house. She transformed the interior and exterior of my parent's house into an elegant, intimate and beautiful "secret garden". All of our guests were amazed and could not say enough about Kristen's work. I am so grateful to have Kristen be a part of our special day and I highly reccomend her to anyone who expects perfection met with kindness and a great personality.

Sent on 01/14/2014

We had used Kristen previously for some landscaping, and also for a large fundraising "Ball" at a beautiful colonial hall. For that event, and for this wedding - as always - Kristen did a stunning job. She met with us several times, took excellent notes and pictures of exactly what the bride wanted, did all the delivery and setup. The bride's bouquet was - without doubt - the most beautiful work of art I've ever seen. My daughter has worked as a wedding planner, so she has been involved in multimillion dollar weddings many times. This, however, was the most stunning I've ever seen. I would highly recommend Kristen for any event at any time.

For my second daughter's wedding - at our home - Kristen truly outdid herself. Landscaping to accommodate her needs - even in her colors. Flexibility, ease of use, creativity - way above and beyond the call. I can't say enough about how wonderful she is to work with, and what a beautiful job she does. I would never use anyone else!

Sent on 01/03/2014

Designs by Kristen made my wedding day look just beautiful! The choices and colors of flowers were exactly what I wanted. She was always helpful and easy to contact. Her expertise made my special day worry free!

Leslie · Married on 09/07/2013

Garden Designs by Kristen exceeded my expectations (and for a wedding, that is quite delightful). She provided the fairest prices, most professional service, and unmatched talent of any florist with whom I have worked. In particular, I gave her a vague idea of my preferred bouquet and she absolutely went above and beyond, creating the most fantastically stunning arrangement I had ever seen. I highly recommend Kristen for any event!

Genevieve · Married on 08/09/2013

Kristen was wonderful to work with! She was very good at listening to my (sometimes incoherent) ramblings about what sort of look I wanted for the wedding and coming up with the perfect flower arrangements to match. She also sent helpful ideas and suggestions to me throughout my engagement. I really liked that Kristen allowed me to select and purchase my own vases for the centerpieces. I was able to save a lot of money by choosing inexpensive vessels--this was not an option given by any of the other florists that I interviewed. Overall, because of Kristen's experitce and my confidence in her, I was able to cross off "flowers" as something to worry about on the big day, and she did not disappoint, the flowers were LOVELY!

Sent on 01/08/2014

The arrangements, decorations and bouquets that Kristen designed for the wedding were meticulously made, delivered and set up. Absolutely gorgeous work. She was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Tracy · Married on 07/05/2013

Kristen was a true professional.

She is very detailed and wonderful to work with. She made my day come true with the most beautiful arrangement's.

I also found Kristen very flexible and she had great ideas and input throughout the whole process.

Molly · Married on 06/07/2013

Garden designs by Kristen was great! I loved my flowers for my wedding, and I received many compliments - especially on my bouquet!

Sent on 12/27/2013

Emily · Married on 08/19/2012

I absolutely loved how Kristen did the flowers for my wedding, from the bouquets to the centerpieces, everything looked so beautiful and was exactly how I wanted. Kristen was so wonderful to work with as well.

Cheri · event on 04/13/2012

Kristen provides professional, respectful, timely and responsive service. I appreciate her willingness to listen and to incorporate my ideas (as appropriate) and participation. She adds a personal touch to the project that makes it special. I look forward to working with Kristen as future needs arise.

Paul · event on 04/04/2010

I've been lucky enough to work with Kristen on various projects/corporate fundraisers over the years. Kristen was brought into a (then) recently renovated estate home (the Willowdale Estate in Topsfield, MA) to decorate for a fundraiser auction. Her work was exquisite - from mantel arrangements to large table displays to smaller bouquets for high-tops, everything was just right.

Because of her reputation, we left it all to Kristen and she got it perfect! The flowers colors were perfect for the season and coordinated well with the decor of Willowdale Estate.

I would recommend Kristen without hesitation to any of my friends, family, and business associates.

Sent on 12/31/2013

Sue · Married on 05/05/2008

The flowers for the wedding we extraordinarily unique and stunningly beautiful; The creativity used to create the arrangements we so different from the traditional floral arrangements. We would highly recommend Kristen.

Colleen · Married on 09/09/2017

Kristen was wonderful to work with! My wedding flowers were gorgeous and perfect! She also is very reasonably priced! I have recommended her to several people and would definitly use her again!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Jane · Married on 11/10/2016

Kristen was wonderful to work with and NEVER tried to up sell her services,. In fact it was quite the opposite, on our first meeting she came up with many ideas to save money. The flowers were beautiful and exactly what the bride wanted. She allowed me to supply the vases for the centerpieces and the flowers were delived on time. I would absolutely recommend her services to all of my friends.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Hannah · Married on 10/10/2015

Kristen was great to work with. As someone who does not know much about flowers I was grateful to have had her expertise to capture my vision. She was extremely flexible in helping me find flowers I liked within my budget and delivered some of the most beautiful flower arrangements I have ever seen. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 01/16/2016

Meaghan · Married on 09/01/2019

Unique, personal, beautiful flowers!

Kristen took the pictures I sent her after about 5 seconds of Pinterest research and turned them into bouquets for myself and bridesmaids that truly took my breath away. She somehow deduced exactly what I wanted and created the most beautiful wildflower bouquets I have ever seen. Additionally, she was willing to take on a relatively small order as we only used her for bouquets and did not have any floral centerpieces.

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Alix

Alix · Married on 09/15/2018

A joy to work with!

I cannot say enough good things about Kristen. Right from the beginning she was very responsive and thorough, always making sure we were exactly on the same page. She was so warm and excited when we met with her and was eager to both hear my thoughts and to offer her expertise. I was so grateful that she was able to make changes throughout the planning process and to always be mindful of our budget.
    Then when the day actually came, she shared in my excitement and let me sit back while she took care of everything. And the flower, OH MY GOSH were they stunning. They were more beautiful than I could have hoped for.
    Kristen was so easy to work with and has such a beautiful eye. I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Sent on 04/10/2019
    Garden Designs by Kristen 8
    Garden Designs by Kristen 9
    Garden Designs by Kristen 10
    Garden Designs by Kristen 11
  • User3789582 · event on 12/06/2013

Very pretty holiday decorations totally in tune with the surroundings. Tasteful and whimsical.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Nicole · Married on 05/11/2019

2.4
      3.0
      2.0
      2.0
      1.0

Disappointing

All our interactions with Kristen were wonderful all the way until the night before the wedding, when we got pictures of the table centerpieces. A picture speaks a thousand words, so just take a look at the attached showing sample bouquets we sent and what she ended up initially making.

After throwing this bombshell on us, we had to give very explicit instructions to Kristen on how to fix the discrepancy. Time and effort spent in the 24 hours leading up to the wedding that caused quite some panic and anxiety.

Finally, on the day itself, there were a few more issues that came up:
    1. The groom's boutienniere was half the size of everyone else's, which looked really weird
    2. We had hand-made some cones and delivered it to Kristen's place for her to fill up with flower petals. When they arrived on the day itself, all of them were crushed! We had to spend time trying to smooth them out and they ended up with significant creases.

Given all the great reviews Kristen had gotten, we were willing to chalk all these up as one-off mistakes and thanked her for her work after the wedding. Incredibly, she turned around and charged us for the "parts and labor required to change the centerpieces" and literally quoted our message of thanks as proof that we were satisfied. Very much uncalled for, and we think incredibly unprofessional.

Sent on 07/08/2019
    Garden Designs by Kristen 12

Garden Designs by Kristen's reply:

This couple changed their mind and added in blue delphinium at the last meeting we had in person and when the photos of the centerpieces were sent over the day before the wedding, as I typically do, they did not like the blue addition and at midnight via a text asked for certain flowers to be taken out and more pink or white added. I purchased more flowers and reconstructed all centerpieces for them and re-sent a photo the morning of the wedding. I was more than happy to take care of the change for them. I also did explain that the photo came out much darker than the actual flower color and not to worry but they still wanted flowers pulled out.
    The day after the wedding I did receive another text that stated they loved the flowers so everything worked out for the best.