Garden Designs by Kristen Reviews

Garden Designs by Kristen 5
Garden Designs by Kristen 6
Garden Designs by Kristen 7

Jaclyn · Married on 10/10/2015

Kristen was fantastic! I chatted with about 10 vendors for flower arrangements and she was so easy to talk to, work through my needs and budget and she had a beautiful vision for our wedding day. I live in Virginia so it wasn't easy planning our wedding in Boston but she made it seamless. I did meet with Kristen one afternoon to go over all of the final details and she put me completely at ease and it really felt like we were on the same page with the designs and pricing. Well the wedding came and went and I can say she exceeded our expectations. The bouquets, table arrangements, boutonnieres, corsages and decorative flowers were absolutely stunning. We received many compliments from our guests about the flowers and how beautiful they were. I would HIGHLY recommend Garden Designs by Kristen!

Sent on 11/15/2015

Rebecca · Married on 10/03/2015

Kristen was absolutely wonderful to work with and did a beautiful job with our wedding flowers. She was extremely flexible when we changed our minds on things (which happened more than a few times) and was very open to new ideas. She took our Pinterest boards for inspiration, but instead of copying it exactly, built upon the ideas and made something completely unique and much more beautiful than anything we could find online. I also loved that she took the time to write out proposals for us so that we could see everything we had discussed in writing. Kristen thought of many things that we hadn't thought to consider and was very conscious of working within our budget. Not to mention, she is very friendly and fun to be around! I always looked forward to our meetings with her (and so did the groom, who typically isn't into flowers at all!).

When the big day came, so did hurricane-level winds, and our outdoor ceremony needed to be moved inside. I didn't need to worry about anything, as Kristen was able to translate our vision perfectly to the indoor space. When I finally saw the flowers, they took my breath away. I think I actually spent most of the ceremony looking at the unbelievable arrangements behind us! The centerpieces brightened up the entire hall, and the overcast skies in our outdoor pictures make the bright flowers in the bouquets pop.

I would highly recommend Kristen for any wedding or event and look forward to seeing more of her work in the future!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Kristen was great! She was so responsive to our needs for flowers and was very patient with my indecisiveness! We got so many compliments on the flowers - she really took my vague vision and made it beautiful! She was also very great working within our budget!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Melissa · Married on 09/18/2015

Kristen was wonderful to work with for our wedding. As a military offer for my now husband and I she offered complimentary use of anything in her own personal garden for us to use for our floral arrangements. Her work is breathtaking. Kristen did a lot for us: bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, ceremony arrangements hanging with trailing vines, cup cake table and bathroom arrangements and she did vine work to cover poles inside the Sperry tent for our reception. She welcomed us to her property a year in advance to see what was in bloom during our wedding month. She was very knowledgeable and helpful, as I did not know much about flowers. She was fun to work with and always prompt with email responses and changes to the contract. I would greatly recommend Kristen, her work is amazing!

Sent on 10/11/2015

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Kristen! We came in with a tight budget initially, and she had so many creative ideas to help us save money on flowers. We ended up going over budget on our own accord, but still would have paid A LOT more with any other florist for what we got. Kristen was always responsive and professional, and also kept me calm throughout the planning process. She also acted as a friend to calm my nerves when I was anxious about everything looking good together. She acted as our "event design" person as well. She stored all of our event decor (for both ceremony and reception locations), and put everything together. I got many many compliments on how beautiful our flowers, and all other decor was, and I credit all of that to Kristen. If you are looking for a florist, definitely book her!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Planning a wedding out of state was a very difficult project, I called around to many florists, spoke with them to see if they understood my vision, not many of them did.... After speaking with Kristen my decision was made! She was not only flexible, but she "got it". Its amazing to find a vendor who is truly looking out for your best value. Kristen made amazing suggestions, worked with our budget, and created amazing pieces. She made sure that everything was written out, organized and perfect!

I would suggest her to ANYONE of my friends and family! Such a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Meredith · Married on 09/05/2015

Kristen truly created the feel of my wedding with her whimsical and romantic floral arrangements. Not only was she able to take my "vision" and interpret it into real arrangements that exceeded my expectations, she was very respectful and conscious of my budget. A great value and true artist.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Allison · Married on 08/16/2015

Kristen's flowers were extraordinary! I felt like my ideas and vision were all over the place yet somehow she executed things better than I could have imagined! I think this made walking in to see the bouquets and boutonnieres even better because my initial reaction was a gleeful, "how did she know!?" It only got better as I walked down the aisle to see altar arrangements that amazed me and had guests coming up to me during the cocktail hour just to talk about the gorgeous reception tent.

Almost as great as her work is her very reasonable prices. Other vendors quoted me event minimums higher than my total bill from Kristen. I cannot recommend her more highly!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Allison,
    Thank you so much, I loved your wedding colors and lanterns as much as the venue! What a beautiful day you had thanking for making me part of it.
    Best to you and your husband!

Laura · Married on 03/01/2015

Kristen was featured at our Bridal Expo and really impressed our guests! We provided just the dimensions of the area and let her design the rest - she went beyond what we hoped for. Her pieces were tasteful, elegant, and creative. Kristen is truly a professional to work with!

Sent on 03/23/2015

Garden Designs by Kristen's reply:

It was a pleasure being part of the Bass Rocks Golf Club seaside wedding show!
    Peter and Laura ran an exceptional, organized and professional event. This venue is stunning with views over the golf course to the rolling bold ocean of Gloucester's shores. You will be driven by golf cart to the horizon where green meets blue water for photos and then back to the lovely grounds to be married under an arbor with the ocean breeze in the background! Doesn't get any better for a wedding. Thanks for adding me to your preferred vendor list.
    See you this summer,

Clara · Married on 12/13/2014

I highly recommend working with Kristen. Before working with Kristen, I was unclear on my vision and very unsure about how to choose the right florals for our wedding - but Kristen helped me discover what I was looking for and the eventual product was better than I could ever have imagined; she had great ideas and always stayed true to the goals I didn't even know I had.

The bouquets and floral centerpieces were stunning - she provided amazing details I could never have even thought to imagine like pearl beads along the bouquet wraps. She also built a BEAUTIFUL thatched arch with white lights that became the focal piece for our ceremony - we stood under it as we were married. The craftsmanship literally blew us away and has made all our ceremony pictures feel like a winter wonderland. Exactly what we were looking for. We received so many complements on this piece and couldn't imagine our day without it.

Kristen was responsive, professional, and went above and beyond. I planned my wedding from out of town and having Kristen locally was an amazing stress relief - she even went to the venue to check up on their holiday decor because I couldn't be there. On top of it all, her prices were competitive and she was a pleasure to work with.

Thank you Kristen!

Sent on 01/05/2015

Clara,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. You, Mike and your mother were so organized with the planning and ideas and I appreciated you meeting all the deadlines with the short window we had to work with.
    You looked so happy!
    Best to you and Mike!

Maria · Married on 12/07/2014

Kristen did a fabulous job on the flowers for our reception, and for our ceremony. I did not have a clear vision of what I wanted at the beginning, and changed my mind many, many times, but Kristen was always so patient and responsive! She was a pleasure to with throughout the entire planning process. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Maria,
    You are so creative and had beautiful ideas for all parts of your wedding day. It was a pleasure to implement everything for you on at the stunning Turner Hill mansion!
    Best to you and your husband.

John · Married on 11/08/2014

Kristen was absolutely fabulous. No matter how small or large your budget is, she works with you to make sure your special day looks beautiful. I know a lot of reviews for various vendors all say use them and there the best but I promise you, you will be sooooo glad you used Garden Designs by Kristen.

Sent on 11/09/2014

Kristen is AMAZING! She arranged all of the flowers and decorations for our wedding in late October and she was so wonderful and easy to work with. I like to think that I'm pretty laid back, but I'm afraid that I came at her like a whirlwind - and she was so calm and patient with me throughout the process. She did everything I asked for and so much more (i.e. she took the remainder of the flowers and put them into the ladies room)! She was extremely creative and helpful with suggestions. The bouquets and the centerpieces were just gorgeous.

And on top of all of that - she fit everything into my budget!

I think the proof is in the pictures but the journey to get to that beautiful end result was so enjoyable with Kristen - I just can't recommend her highly enough!

Book her for your wedding/special event! You will not regret it!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Ellen · Married on 09/26/2014

Kristen did a great job. She was easy to work with and gave us great ideas. Everything was perfect!!!!

Sent on 10/13/2014

NAN · Married on 09/20/2014

When my first florist bailed on me, I was a little devastated. Being able to find Kristen turned my world around. Starting from a few emails and a meeting to more emails for exchanging ideas, working with Kristen was just so pleasant. She is very professional even her primary work is garden design but not wedding floral. And her garden design knowledge actually put her outside the normal wedding florist's box and made her creative. She even came up with ideas that to reuse the flowers on the ceremony to the reception which saved me money. Her work really wowed me on the wedding. She set everything up so perfectly that I was able to be worried free. All of my guest raved about how beautiful the center pieces are and I really can't say enough good things about Kristen, and I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a wedding florist or help on garden design.

Sent on 10/12/2014

P. · Married on 09/14/2014

I couldn't have asked for a better florist than Kristen! I have to admit that I didn't have a detailed or clear vision of what I wanted before I met with Kristen, but she helped me narrow down a vision and theme for the wedding. She sent me ideas on Pinterest boards, I checked out the beautiful floral arrangements in her portfolio on her website, and I swapped photo ideas with her. The bouquets and centerpieces that Kristen delivered to the wedding venue were amazing! The designs were very creative and original. She has a great eye for creating interesting floral arrangements. My bouquet and centerpieces still look and smell great 5 days after the wedding with some watering. Kristen was very prompt in replying to emails. Her pricing was beyond fair. My husband and I first met Kristen at her home to talk about floral arrangements. Her home, inside and out, was straight out of a magazine. I was in awe of her landscaping, and I wish I could decorate my home the way that she does. When we left her home, we saw 2 different birds playing in the bird bath in her front yard. We had never seen actual birds in a bird bath before so we knew that working with Kristen was going to be magical.

Sent on 09/19/2014

Jillian · Married on 07/26/2014

Working with Kristen was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She had great ideas/suggestions for the flowers, and she was an absolute joy to work with. We had a smaller flower budget and she was very willing to help us stick to that. The flowers turned out gorgeous - even better than I had imagined! If you're looking for a florist for your wedding, put Garden Designs by Kristen at the top of your list!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Meghan · Married on 07/19/2014

Kristen from Garden Designs was beyond amazing! I was not a fan of flowers until I had the pleasure of meeting with her for my wedding. She was always professional, easy to contact and got back to us with any questions that we had. When first meeting with her, she came prepared with ideas and although is very knowledgeable in an array of flowers, was willing to research more to make perfection. She made the most beautiful bouquet's and arrangements and was able to make the personal touches I had requested. I received RAVE reviews from family and friends about the arrangements and how beautifully unique they were. From personal experience, I do not hear of the florist receiving wonderful compliments equal to the other vendors, but Kristen accomplished it. On top of her being beyond amazing, her prices are extremely good. I plan on her using her in the future for anything and will happily recommend Kristen to others.

Sent on 08/02/2014

Becky · Married on 07/19/2014

Kristen's flowers were the highlight of my wedding reception. Her arrangements brought the perfect touch of elegance to my rustic themed wedding. She was easy to work with and went above and beyond to bring my vision for the event to life while remaining within a reasonable budget. It was a joy to work with her

Sent on 08/13/2014

Stephanie · Married on 06/20/2014

I can't say enough positive things about Kristen and her quality of work. Not only were my flower arrangements and decor absolutely stunning, but Kristen went above and beyond to help us in any way that she could. Kristen listened carefully to our vision for the weddings overall look and feel and used her creativity and eye for design to bring it to life and go beyond our expectations.

Sent on 07/05/2014

Purnima · Married on 06/08/2014

Flowers in my leis were dry and very few but I can ignore that for rest of the great service.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Garden Designs by Kristen's reply:

This wedding was a beautiful indian wedding with traditional marigold leis for the bride and groom as well as for the table centerpieces around lanterns. I found a local grower that grew 70 plants for this couple in the flower color they chose. i then had to pick 1000 marigold heads two days before the wedding to give me ample time to make 20 leis. They were kept in the cooler prior to the wedding day and delivered and set on the tables in an unairconditioned venue in 85 degree heat at 3:00 for a 7:00 dinner reception. I believe that some were probably dry being out of water and in that heat for that length of time. They looked beautiful when I left the venue. In terms of the quantity we agreed upon 35-40 marigold heads per table leis which is the circumference of each lantern that the leis encompassed. Thank you for high regards for service.
    Kristen/ owner
    Garden Designs by Kristen

CAITLIN · Married on 04/05/2014

I don't think I can say enough great things about Kristen! She was wonderful!! I actually felt sad when my wedding was over, because I felt a bond with her! When I met her for our initial consultation, I knew she was the perfect florist for my wedding flowers. She is so talented and truly is an artist! I was looking for an antique, romantic feel- and not only did she create my dream centerpieces, but she went above and beyond adding details that were literally breathtaking! My bouquet was beautiful- along with the bridesmaid's bouquets. She also worked with my budget and helped me to stay on track. She also gave me ways to stay in my budget and get the most for my price. She was beyond willing to work with me!

She gave GREAT ideas that helped add to the feel of the wedding (for example- adding lace overlays to tables, adding elegant pearls to votive candles and antique vases on the place card table). I can't count how many people complimented the beauty of the centerpieces! She also helped me to stay on track! Without EVER being the slightest bit pushy, she sent friendly reminders that kept me focused without ever having to worry that I was missing a detail. I never had to worry about her not coming through or missing something- she was so on point!

I absolutely LOVE Kristen and recommend her services to ANYONE!

Sent on 04/08/2014
  • User4898595 · event on 04/05/2014

Kristen was great to work with. She created some beautiful arrangements that worked right into our Farm to Table theme of our Fundraiser. The arrangements were creative, the value was terrific and she went over and above to ensure that our arrangements were there when they were promised and looking great.

Sent on 03/21/2015
  • User3756393 · event on 12/14/2013

Kristen is a wonderful person, very professional. A joy to do business with. The flowers were perfect.
    Exactly what I ordered. I highly recommend Garden Designs by Kristen!

Sent on 12/27/2013
  • User3767818 · event on 12/14/2013

Its always a pleasure to work with Kristen and I highly recommend her. She did a beautiful job with my indoor decor but she also does lovely outside decorating.

Sent on 12/31/2013