Gance's Complete Catering Reviews

Gance's Complete Catering 4
Gance's Complete Catering 5
  • O

Michelle · Married on 08/16/2008

Gance's is the perfect catering company for a bride on a limited budget. They will work with you to arrange a meal that will fit your projected costs. If you do not have a wedding planner working for you, it is to your benefit to use this company, as they provide full service staff for up to seven hours and a project coordinator to see that your reception meal runs smoothly. I chose their Grand Traditional Buffet, which is only $14.95 per person, along with the usual service fees and taxes, and we fed 190 people for actually just under $4,000.00. The buffet included two main entrees and three side dishes. Along with the buffet they provided sit-down service for the head table and they served a fruit cup, the bread & salad, water and coffee family style, and provided a cake cutting service free of charge. The project coordinater I worked with is named Tawny, and she was so convenietly available to me that she offered up her cell phone number the first day we began the planning process.

Sent on 08/25/2008
  • kimnpj07

Kimberly · Married on 06/07/2008

They have the best food and the most unique tasting cookies that are so delicious. All of their staff are exceptional and very nice.

Sent on 06/24/2008

John · Married on 10/08/2016

Gance's jumped into our wedding late (about 8 months prior to the event) after another vendor suddenly dropped out on us. We think in many ways that this was the best thing that could have happened for our wedding. Gance's was professional, attentive, and the quality of service was fantastic. The food was delicious as well - they even provided us with a tasting and had many options to choose from. Excellent value and wonderful people to work with. Definitely use Gance's for your wedding!!!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Lauren · Married on 08/20/2016

Ruth and her team were great! They were very flexible and helpful when helping make decisions. They met every need and thought of things we would need we didn't consider.

Sent on 10/25/2016

June Turkington · Married on 10/20/2018

Great catering service for our outdoor wedding. Good value for money.

This catering service was excellent for our needs. We are from Canada and had no idea what to expect at my daughter’s recent wedding in East Branch N.Y. Everything was exactly as quoted, food was good, hot and very plentiful. Service was professional, on time and beautifully served.. I would not hesitate to recommend this company.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Gance's Complete Catering's reply:

Hi June! It was our pleasure! Thanks for the kind words! We really appreciate it!! Hopefully you’ll be down in NY again and we can cater another event:-)

Nancy · Married on 07/25/2015

Wonderful! Danielle, (event coordinator) paid attention to detail in a kind, courteous, and professional manner. The entire staff provided excellent service. All dinners served were excellent and we had many compliments by our guests. I would highly recommend Gances for your catering needs.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Jayne · Married on 06/21/2014

We have nothing but extremely positive things to say about our event! Everyone raved about the on site barbecue and menu! The food was hot, delicious and well presented. No one went home hungry! The staff were courteous, professional and attentive to us and the guests. We had a small mix up with our linen order the day before but it was resolved immediately with the staff going out of their way to make things work out. Thank you Gances for helping to make our day so special! Jayne and Dave Edwards

Sent on 06/23/2014

Sheila · Married on 06/23/2018

Overall, Gance's was great. Santino was very quick to respond to our calls an emails from the very beginning. The prices were reasonable and the food was delicious at the tasting. The included day of coordinator (Katie) was an amazing added value to our wedding package, and our day would have been a lot more stressful without her! The only complaints we had were with the quality of food on the day of our wedding. At our tasting, everything was incredible. At the wedding, we found that the chicken was overdone, the steak was very overdone and chewy, and we were given penne in marinara sauce instead of vodka sauce as we had requested. I understand that making food in large quantities is difficult, but the difference in taste between what we tasted in July before our wedding and what showed up on our plates was vastly different. However, all negative things aside, I would still book Gance's for my wedding if I had to do it over again. Their staff was outstanding, and everyone we worked with was so willing to help us. Santino was awesome about helping us figure out what pieces we needed to rent from our rental company, and was very responsive from the beginning right up until the wedding day. I would recommend Gance's to any bride in the Oneonta/Binhamton area!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Hi Sheila and John,
    Thank you for the honest review. We truly appreciate all feedback; what was great about our service, and what can be improved. We will take your input and immediately discuss with our team how we can make it better.
    You all were truly a pleasure to work for, and we wish you all the best in the future.
    The Gance's Team

Cindy · Married on 08/01/2015

We were very happy with the quality of the food. Received may comments from our guests as to how good everything was. Carol did a fabulous job coordinating our event and made it more fun.

Sent on 08/05/2015
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 07/09/2011

These are great people. You really get your moneys worth. I was working on a budget that was under 10k and we were able to get a high quality meal for a low cost. They were very good when it came to me asking them the same questions over and over again because I had forgotten their response. The entire time they were very open and willing to work with me.

Sent on 07/20/2011
  • Jamye

Jamye Lamborn · Married on 08/24/2019

Good service and food!

Gance's was great to work with - very helpful and flexible when it came to creating the perfect buffet menu for our wedding day. Food was delicious! Gance's also provided the full bar service and alcohol which made it convenient for us.

Sent on 09/04/2019

Jamye,
    Thank you for the great review. You’re wedding was truly unique! Alpacas! We wish you all the best,
    The Gances Team

Brian · Married on 10/07/2017

The Gance team was excellent! The food was great and they were a pleasure to work with. There was nothing to worry about the day of the wedding as they took care of everything.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Bailey · Married on 06/01/2013

3.5

Gance's did a great job. We had a fully vegetarian buffet at our wedding, which Gance's was very accommodating in designing with us. Not one of our guests commented on the lack of meat, the food was all wonderful and filling. The service of the catering manager was phenomenal, out of all of my vendors these individuals were the most helpful and attentive, Gance's is a caterer that I highly recommend and will turn to in my future.

Sent on 06/12/2013

Tammy · Married on 10/06/2018

Everything was fabulous. Santino and the crew made everything look effortless. They were so helpful with the whole process. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/09/2018

David · Married on 05/23/2009

Gance's were very friendly and very flexible. The only negative thing I have to say is that during our reception, I was under the impression that the Gance's staff was going to serve the head table, but that was not the case. Other than that, they were exceptional and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for professional catering at a reasonable price.

Sent on 06/10/2009

Kathy · Married on 07/02/2016

4.2

This was my second time using Gance's Catering Service for my daughter's graduation parties. From the beginning of the planning to the end of the actual event was a great experience. All involved were very professional and quick in replying to my emails and phone calls. The food was absolutely delicious and the prices are very affordable. I would definitely recommend Gance's when planning your catering event.

Sent on 07/16/2016

Calene · Married on 07/03/2015

4.2

Gance's did an excellent job catering my wedding. The food was delicious and everything was delivered, set up and broken down as planned. I would definitely hire them again!

Sent on 07/14/2015