Gance's Complete Catering Reviews

59 | Binghamton, NY

59 Reviews for Gance's Complete Catering

Sheila · Married on 06/23/2018

Overall, Gance's was great. Santino was very quick to respond to our calls an emails from the very beginning. The prices were reasonable and the food was delicious at the tasting. The included day of coordinator (Katie) was an amazing added value to our wedding package, and our day would have been a lot more stressful without her! The only complaints we had were with the quality of food on the day of our wedding. At our tasting, everything was incredible. At the wedding, we found that the chicken was overdone, the steak was very overdone and chewy, and we were given penne in marinara sauce instead of vodka sauce as we had requested. I understand that making food in large quantities is difficult, but the difference in taste between what we tasted in July before our wedding and what showed up on our plates was vastly different. However, all negative things aside, I would still book Gance's for my wedding if I had to do it over again. Their staff was outstanding, and everyone we worked with was so willing to help us. Santino was awesome about helping us figure out what pieces we needed to rent from our rental company, and was very responsive from the beginning right up until the wedding day. I would recommend Gance's to any bride in the Oneonta/Binhamton area!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Gance's Complete Catering's reply:

Hi Sheila and John,
    Thank you for the honest review. We truly appreciate all feedback; what was great about our service, and what can be improved. We will take your input and immediately discuss with our team how we can make it better.
    You all were truly a pleasure to work for, and we wish you all the best in the future.
    The Gance's Team

Cindy · Married on 08/01/2015

We were very happy with the quality of the food. Received may comments from our guests as to how good everything was. Carol did a fabulous job coordinating our event and made it more fun.

Sent on 08/05/2015
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 07/09/2011

These are great people. You really get your moneys worth. I was working on a budget that was under 10k and we were able to get a high quality meal for a low cost. They were very good when it came to me asking them the same questions over and over again because I had forgotten their response. The entire time they were very open and willing to work with me.

Sent on 07/20/2011

Brian · Married on 10/07/2017

The Gance team was excellent! The food was great and they were a pleasure to work with. There was nothing to worry about the day of the wedding as they took care of everything.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Bailey · Married on 06/01/2013

3.5

Gance's did a great job. We had a fully vegetarian buffet at our wedding, which Gance's was very accommodating in designing with us. Not one of our guests commented on the lack of meat, the food was all wonderful and filling. The service of the catering manager was phenomenal, out of all of my vendors these individuals were the most helpful and attentive, Gance's is a caterer that I highly recommend and will turn to in my future.

Sent on 06/12/2013

Tammy · Married on 10/06/2018

Everything was fabulous. Santino and the crew made everything look effortless. They were so helpful with the whole process. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/09/2018

David · Married on 05/23/2009

Gance's were very friendly and very flexible. The only negative thing I have to say is that during our reception, I was under the impression that the Gance's staff was going to serve the head table, but that was not the case. Other than that, they were exceptional and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for professional catering at a reasonable price.

Sent on 06/10/2009

Kathy · Married on 07/02/2016

4.2

This was my second time using Gance's Catering Service for my daughter's graduation parties. From the beginning of the planning to the end of the actual event was a great experience. All involved were very professional and quick in replying to my emails and phone calls. The food was absolutely delicious and the prices are very affordable. I would definitely recommend Gance's when planning your catering event.

Sent on 07/16/2016

Calene · Married on 07/03/2015

4.2

Gance's did an excellent job catering my wedding. The food was delicious and everything was delivered, set up and broken down as planned. I would definitely hire them again!

Sent on 07/14/2015