Gambill Estate Reviews

Gambill Estate 5
Gambill Estate 6
Gambill Estate 7

Emily · Married on 09/14/2018

I couldn’t recommend Gambill Estate enough. I wish there was a way to give more stars! My fiancé (now husband) and I were looking for an affordable venue without sacrificing the views, amenities, and quality of service. After searching for weeks we found Gambill Estate and met with the owner, Eric. From that meeting on we knew we had made the right decision. What an absolutely amazing place to start your forever. Eric was very quick to get back in touch with us and cater to our needs whenever possible. He gave us advice on scheduling, set up, views, everything. And there weren’t 100 different people to go through. You get Eric and he answers everything fo you. He does EVERYTHING! And the view. Oh my God the view... I chose to use the pavilion for the ceremony. A big open area with views of the mountains behind you and the bridal party. It was absolutely breathtaking. I still can’t get over how amazing the entire experience was in great part because of Eric and the Gambill Estate. I can’t express enough how perfect the whole experience was there. I recommend it to everyone I know. Thank you Gambill Estate for making my wedding day so perfect!

Gambill Estate 8
    Gambill Estate 9
    Gambill Estate 10
    Gambill Estate 11
    Gambill Estate 12
    Gambill Estate 13

Jamie · Married on 09/03/2017

Eric is fantastic! Extremely kind courteous and helpful. And the venue alone speaks for its self. The beauty of the rolling hills and the buildings is truly a dream come true at least it was for us. Could not have picked a better place to start our journey.

Gambill Estate 14
    Gambill Estate 15

Tasha · Married on 10/27/2016

The venue is fantastic & Eric is great to work with! Our wedding turned out incredible, just as I had imagined (actually better than I had imagined)! I highly recommend them!

JoAnna · Married on 04/09/2016

This place made our wedding perfect! It was gorgeous and Eric was incredible to work with. He helped make everything work for us as we needed.

Eric was so helpful, right from the beginning. The venue is breathtaking inside and out. The amount of time and passion Eric has for the farm show in every detail. Our wedding was not stressful in the least, Eric was very accommodating to our crazy schedule and out of town guests. The venue is a great size for large weddings but very personable, quaint and romantic! Wouldn't dream of having our big day elsewhere!

Jordan · Married on 10/10/2015

Eric has been great to work with and plan with, just by pulling up at his property I knew this was the location we would get married at. He takes excellent care of the property and you can tell, no detail is left unnoticed. Several of our friends are getting married here as well and I have heard nothing but great comments about this location.

Mary · Married on 09/01/2015

We LOVED having our wedding at Gambill Farm. It was absolutely gorgeous, our friends loved it, Eric was an amazing help, and the recent additions they've made make it exceptional above the other options in the area.

The venue was perfect for what we were wanting for a good price. The owner was very helpful and made sure everything went smoothly the entire weekend.

Elizabeth · Married on 05/10/2014

I loved working with Gambill! Eric, the owner, is amazing and worked so well with us. He is flexible and the kindness person you'll ever meet. It's so beautiful there so it was easy to save on decorations and use the venue as decoration too!!
    The only thing I would have changed would be bigger dressing rooms, because we has quite a large wedding party, and a second bathroom.
    But those are small details in my opinion that don't really matter too much at the end of the day!

Lindsay · Married on 04/26/2014

Gambill Farm was the perfect venue for us. We are so glad we decided to have our wedding here. Eric (owner) was great & very helpful with anything we wanted or needed. Highly recommend this venue!

Jenna · Married on 05/21/2016

We absolutely LOVED having our wedding at Gambill Estate! It was so scenic and beautiful. Eric made everything so easy for us and our friends/family continue to tell us what a great venue our wedding was.

Gambill Estate is a beautiful venue for a wedding. The facility itself is clean, well kept, the grounds are well maintained and manicured. Eric is very helpful and so easy to work with. He was organized and efficient, which made the whole day run smoothly! I cannot say enough good things about our experience at Gambill Estate.....the perfect outdoor wedding spot!

kasie · Married on 05/17/2014

I could not have asked for a better venue to host my wedding! From the beginning, I knew I wanted a mountain backdrop with laid back style, and Gambill Farm couldn't have been more perfect! Eric is incredible to work with, and willing to help and please you any way he can! The field is a breathtaking view of the mountains, and the barn in like a blank canvas that makes it easy to decorate, and put in your personal touch! I couldn't have asked for a better venue!

This place is absolutley FANTASTIC! Eric, the owner, is wonderful to work with! He worked with us having to change out wedding date not once, but twice, and was able to work with us on our deposit as well. Not to mention for the venue and teh services provided, you will not find a better value anywhere!
    Eric worked with us up until the day of the wedding to ensure that we were completely satisfied. He was available to use the ATV to get our elderly guests to the wedding site since most could not handle the hills. He was also wonderful in working with us for clean up and break down and making sure that we were completely satisfied.
    I love this place, and would recommend it to anyone and everyone looking for a rustic wedding feel.

Leeann · Married on 09/22/2017

We got married at Gambill Estate in September and wholeheartedly recommend this beautiful venue. During the planning process, Gambill Estate was the third venue we looked at. As soon as we drove down the small country road and saw the picturesque property and mountainside views, we knew that we absolutely had to get married there. The location felt quintessentially "North Carolina," and was an inspiration in itself! A few things differentiated Gambill Estate from other venues we looked at and they stood out to me very quickly: First, the property owner Eric has extraordinary taste when it comes to aesthetics. The venue's fixtures and finishes are lovely and up-to-date. The bridal suite is gorgeous- my photographer and hair & makeup artists could not stop talking about what a dream it was. Shortly before our wedding, Eric had crystal chandeliers installed in the main reception area and they elevated the entire room to the next level! He also maintains the property meticulously. He has established certain guidelines when it comes to utilizing the venue, but all of them were fair and in the best interest of couples enjoying the venue now and in the future. Other venues we looked at showed more wear and tear and were not maintained nearly as well. Eric knows what he is doing and pays close attention to detail. Since I am a direct, Type-A kind of person, I really enjoyed working with him. Throughout the planning process, he was solution-oriented and made some great vendor recommendations. Our ceremony and reception decor included a *lot* of details, and Eric was helpful throughout the entire experience. My husband and I and our families are so thankful to him and are already looking for a reason to have another celebration at the Estate in the future!

Kelsey · Married on 05/20/2017

We had the absolute best experience here at Gambill Estate! We highly recommend! The views are breathtaking and the venue is absolutely beautiful. Eric was extremely flexible and accommodating for extra meetings, phone calls and any emailed questions we had through the entire process. We were able to troubleshoot a number of things with him and we are so happy we had our dream wedding here.

Deanna · Married on 07/25/2015

The venue is absolutely beautiful. It was everything we could have asked for in a wedding site and the owner is super great to work with. He was very flexible and accommodating through the entire process. I definitely recommend Gambill Estate for anyone that wants to have a beautiful, worry free rustic wedding whether it be indoor or outdoor. He will make it happen for you.

Gambill Estates is a gorgeous place to get married. Eric has made some beautiful additions to the facility. The property is secluded and quiet. A wonderful place to take in the views and just breathe.

Kate · Married on 06/21/2014

If I had to give one thing negative: Sometimes ( at the beginning of the process) there would be a long ( a week or so) response time between emails which at times made it hard to coordinate with other vendors. Other wise the staff was WONDERFUL, and very helpful. The venue is beautiful. The Owner is constantly adding elements to make a beautiful venue even better with extras and event rentals all at a one stop shop. (Tables, Chairs etc.) The value is great for what all you get!

Lauren · Married on 05/01/2016

Gambill Estate was so great to work with! After looking at countless venues, this one stuck out as a great deal for all you get, a beautiful view, rustic but chic atmosphere, and wonderful facilities. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

April · Married on 09/14/2013

My wedding at Gambill Farm was completely perfect! The setting is gorgeous and Eric was friendly and easy to work with. He was very flexible and laidback, and always made himself available. My husband and I, as well as our families, could not be more grateful to Gambill Farm for helping us make our wedding day beautiful and working with us up to the very last minute to help things come together. I love working with people who are not stuffy and overly professional-- Eric practically felt like family by the time the wedding was over! Every single guest I spoke to at the wedding complimented the setting. I absolutely recommend this venue to anyone who wants a peaceful blue ridge setting for their big day. It's a very special place, and if you are in love with the mountains as I am (I had to move away after my wedding, so it was very important to me to have a mountain setting) you will love Gambill Farm. Every time I visited I never wanted to leave. It felt like home.

1.6
      1.5
      0.5

The location and wedding venue was nice. The experience however was very stressful and left a lot to be desired. The owner showed the property to another couple on our wedding day while we were decorating and preparing for our event. Two strangers pulled up and started walking around looking at our decorations and setup. This would have been fine if they had asked to do so but showing up unexpected was not the proper thing to do.

Eric spent a lot of time patrolling the property while our event was going on. We understand that he wanted to make sure we were OK, however everyone including the guests felt like he was smothering us. I understand that he wants to take good care of his venue but we did purchase an event insurance policy with 1 Million in coverage per his requirement.

He also rushed us throughout the event, he was constantly reminding us about the time and that we needed to be out by a certain time. The guests and bridal party did not feel relaxed, everyone was rushing to go through the motions as quickly as possible. Gambill Estates had very strict time restrictions and would not allow anyone on the property except at certain times. Other wedding venues that we contacted prior to booking Gambill Estates gave you the entire day to get ready, decorate and setup. You can only book one wedding per day so why not let the client have the entire day?

The wedding venue was beautiful, Eric has one of the nicest venues in the High Country if you are looking for a farm type setting. Just note that he needs to work on his customer services skills and most of all he needs to relax.