Gamberdella Salon for Brides Reviews

Gamberdella Salon for Brides 6
Gamberdella Salon for Brides 7
  • Niki

Niki · Married on 04/15/2012

I found my dress at a shop in Alexandria, but the service was horrible there so my mom and I decided to hunt down "The Dress". We already knew what we wanted so called Gamberdella and they said they could order it but didn't have it in the store. My mom and I made an appointment anyway to go in and get measured and order the dress. When we showed up..there was the dress waiting for me to put it on! I don't know if they had made a mistake or had gone out of their way to get it from another store, but it was a really nice surprise. We were the easiest customers for them, we came in knowing exactly what we wanted! My mom ended up buying a dress from them too for mother of the bride-They loved her, she ended up getting a really fun dress, not the usual mother of the bride dress! When we went in to get my moms dress, Gamberdella was so nice and allowed me to put on my dress to show my sister since she missed out on the shopping adventure! And the seamstress..omg! She was absolutely amazing and did everything by eye!! During the first fitting the seamstress was pulled away from us (we had an appointment mind you) to go measure a girl for her dress. I was a little disappointed in that because there were about 4 other people downstairs that could have taken the measurements for her. The only other thing that bothered me was that they never asked me if I wanted a veil or let me try one on. I ended up not getting a veil at all and I'm glad I didn't because of how windy it was on wedding day, but would have liked to have at least put one on to have that Bride moment! Other than those 2 things they were always very friendly and met us with a smile! I would recommend them to a friend!

Sent on 05/30/2012

Allison · Married on 10/08/2011

3.5

Mary and the whole crew at Gamberdella's was amazing from the first time I walked in to the day I left with my dress. Eve (seamstress) works wonders- she may come off a little blunt but that's her job. I was worried my dress wasn't fitting just right- she promised me it would and she was right! I highly recommend the team at Gamberdella!

Sent on 11/16/2011

Brianna · Married on 09/25/2010

Although we spent way more than what we originally budgeted for my wedding dress in the end I am glad that we went with Gamberdella's. I can honestly say that my mom and I were probably not the easiest bride and mother of the bride to deal with. Our dress took almost eight months to come in from the day that we ordered it, and we began to freak out as it got closer and closer to the wedding without me having a dress. From what we were told the designer of the dress had some set backs that caused the dress to take longer than usual to complete. Gamberdella's staff was patient with us and told us not to worry, I would have a gown, and I did. Once the dress came in (less than a month before the wedding) the seamstress and her crew worked very hard to get my fittings in as soon as they could to make sure that my dress fit perfectly, which it did. Although we had set backs with the dress Gamberdella's was always professional and understanding to us and did not let us down.

Sent on 10/05/2010
  • Q

Sarah · Married on 01/03/2009

I loved several of the people that I worked with at Gamberdella's. I could have gotten the same dress for about $500 less at another bridal store, but decided to pay the extra money because I liked the staff at Gamberdella's so much more. Only complaints were that some of the girls who answer the phone seemed confused by my questions or gave me incorrect information, and my veil did not come until about a week before the wedding despite ordering it far in advance. When I called to check on the veil, I was told it "should be in before the wedding", which is kind of alarming to a bride in the final month. But, despite these concerns, I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a dress, especially if you are unsure what kind of dress you want.

Sent on 01/05/2009

Erin · Married on 04/07/2018

Gamberdella's was able to accommodate a Sunday appointment and lucky for me since I found my dress! Mary and her team were very helpful and I was able to try on my dress multiple times to try on jewelry and shoes. Mary is a little gruff sometimes, but I appreciated her honesty and bluntness. My bridesmaids' dresses arrived in a timely fashion and were beautiful. My only slight issue is I had to call several times regarding a swatch but overall a really positive experience.

Sent on 07/11/2018
  • User6193715 · 2+ years ago

Gamberdellas has the most unique and beautiful dresses! I found the most beautiful dress there & my bridesmaid dresses :). The owner is so so kind and the seamstress is very talented. I would recommend Gamberdellas to anyone.

Sent on 01/15/2016

Gamberdella Salon for Brides's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are happy to hear you and your bridesmaids enjoyed both our selection and service. Glad we could help make your day wonderful!

Gamberdellas Salon for Brides

Jennifer · Married on 10/01/2010

3.0

The sales staff at Gamberdella are fantastic! The women who work on the sales floor are incredibly friendly and helpful! I purchased my dress during a sample sale, and got a great deal on it! My only complaint was that I ordered a veil that they assured me would be delivered by mid-September, but it didn't come in until two days before my wedding. This wasn't really their fault, but rather the manufacturer's fault (since the veil was custom made in Canada). However, they kept assuring me that they'd call me when they got news about the veil but I always had to follow up with them.

The seamstress at Gamberdella and I got off to a bit of a rocky start (she didn't seem to understand that I wanted my strapless gown to remain strapless), but once we got passed the initial conflict of straps versus no straps, we got along just fine. And my gown looked absolutely stunning on wedding day. It truly fit like a glove!

Sent on 10/03/2010

Cameron · Married on 09/18/2010

My overall experience with Gamberdella was wonderful. I had a pretty limited budget and my consultant respected that and was still able to show me many beautiful dresses. My dress came in on time and I was able to schedule my fittings easily. The seamstress is amazingly talented, although a bit on the expensive side. However in the end it was well worth it!

Sent on 10/08/2010
  • Bridget

Bridget · Married on 04/18/2009

I didn't enjoy dress shopping at most places but TOTALLY did at Gamberdella. Huge selection of dresses. make you feel comfortable. Only one problem was that fitting appointments always were running late so factor in additional time. Ordered bridesmaid dresses here as well - very large selection. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/05/2009

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2016

My dress was perfect. I had the salon to myself during all appointments. The woman helping me could see I wasn't happy after several dresses. She asked if she could go $400 over my budget and she knew it would be the one. She was absolutely right! I didn't consider another dress after that. We also found ways to stay in my budget by the end anyway. My only problem was they promised the dress would be ready in April, then July, then August, 3 weeks before the wedding. I live 2+ hours away and their hours during the week aren't possible with traffic. So I was disappointed how inconvenient the alterations process turned out to be. And my dress was way too loose in the top for the wedding. But the bustle and the way she adjusted the lace for the bustle to fall correctly, was perfect. So I do recommend it. Just a few hick-ups.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Dana · Married on 10/08/2011

Everyone at Gamberdella is very nice and I love my dress. The woman that did alterations was great as well. I love that it is family owned and operated and was so happy to do business with a local vendor. Our experience with the brides maid dresses was through Alfred Angelo and the experience was HORRID. I wish we would have done everything through Gamberdella.

Sent on 11/12/2011
  • teenybug2000

Christine · Married on 06/05/2010

3.0

I did not buy my dress at Gamberdella, but I did look at dresses there and in the end I bought my veil there. They have beautiful dresses, but it is a bit frustrating that you can't look at them on the rack, you have to tell the consultant what you want, and then they bring some options to you. I had an open mind when it came to dresses, so it was hard for me to describe what I liked. In the end I came back after buying my dress elsewhere with the intention of having them make a custom veil for me. But when trying some veils on I fell in love with a Cheryl King veil and ordered it on the spot. It came in quickly, as described, picked it up, painless! One thing that did kind of leave a bad taste in my mouth though is that both times I visited them the consultants were always talking badly about brides or mothers in the other rooms. Not just one consultant, or one time. Multiple occasions. That was kind of weird. I wonder what they were saying about me?

Sent on 06/15/2010

Camila · Married on 05/22/2010

Sharon and Mary were great when I tried on and purchased my wedding dress here--they seemed to quickly understand what I was and was not looking for. The dress was beautiful and it took about 5 months for it to come in. Unfortunately, I had a terrible first fitting experience with Eve, the seamstress. She is rather opinionated and quite brusque, and I felt horrible about the dress when I tried it on again for the first time--not sure if it was her manner or just wearing a dress that needed to be altered. Fortunately, I was prepared for her the second time I went, and the dress ended up looking fabulous--she obviously knows her stuff. Overall a positive experience.

Sent on 06/04/2010

Meredith · Married on 02/15/2009

I bought both my wedding dress and my bridesmaid dresses from here and had a great experience overall. I noticed that the other brides often mentioned that the salon is expensive: it is, but I liked that I told them my budget and they did not try to show me more expensive options - they listened to my budget and respected it. And there were only limited dresses in my budget but every single one they showed me was super classy and beautiful. They were also very patient as I returned twice to try on the dress before ordering it.

Mary Gamberdella and her neice were both amazing - they know their stuff; they are professional and efficient and very patient. I will agree with some of the other reviewers that the support staff were not quite on top of their game. When I called and spoke with some of the younger employees asking about my bridesmaid dresses, they were often confused and gave me misinformation. I also once got a call from a younger woman asking for me to come in for my first fitting (although I had already been in for two fittings already). That being said, everything still ran smoothly and they gave a 10% discount for ordering the bridesmaid dresses from the salon as well as my wedding dress. I would recommend however, that if you need to reach them that you don't leave a message on the machine - instead, continue to call back until you reach someone; they are not that great at returning voicemails.

However, my dress ended up looking perfect and fitting perfect. Eve did my alterations and is a real pro. The price was definitely above what they quoted me, but worth it in the end. The store was flexible with scheduling my fittings. The store itself is really lovely looking and comfortable.

All of these little things aside, the most impotant thing (to me) is that everyone WAS SO NICE. I always felt welcome (as did my parents when they tagged along) and this is NOT a given at every wedding salon. I went to a few other local salons where I felt as though I was being a pain or judged for the amount of money I was (or wasn't) potentially spending. These women were always incredibly nice and friendly and never made me feel like they were looking down at me and for that, I would love to recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 03/10/2009

Tia · Married on 06/28/2008

3.0

Working with the ladies at Gamberdellas was a pleasure. The prices catch you off guard for alterations but I would recommend them with a pricing disclaimer.

Sent on 02/16/2010

Kristen · Married on 11/03/2007

Gamberdella's staff is very attentive and professional. They make you feel like you're the only customer in the store by sitting down and listening to your wedding story and your vision for your dress. They offer great ideas on dresses and accessories. I never felt pressured - even when I came back for my 3rd look at a particular dress (before I bought it). They were very accommodating. The seamstress was also very helpful and did a very excellent job - and as a seamstress myself, she did very great work.

Sent on 02/18/2008

Jennifer · Married on 07/25/2009

3.5

I had tried on dresses in New Jersey with my mom and knew exactly what I wanted, but I decided to order the dress near Baltimore to make fittings easier, since I live here. I saw that Gamberdella's had good reviews and ordered my dress with them (which was very easy). My only complaint is that my dress was late -- which I know is not the shop's fault -- but I was told different things when I called to check on it, which really freaked me out. The dress was supposed to arrive mid to early May (for a July wedding), so I called the first week of May to check on it. They were with a client and said they'd call back later that day. The next day I called again because I hadn't heard from them and a different person answered the phone and told me she had no record of my order, but that she'd look into it and call me back. I spent that afternoon freaking out that there had been a mistake and my dress was never ordered. A few hours later, Mary called me and explained that my card had just been taken out of their file the day before (because I'd called) and that's why the other girl couldn't find it, which makes sense -- but I don't think you should tell a bride eight weeks before her wedding that you have no record of her order. I limited myself to calling once a week to check on the delivery status, but I felt like they were exasperated with me for calling at all.

My dress ended up being about six weeks later than expected, but I still had a month to get it fitted and everything turned out fine. I loved the dress and the seamstress they work with did a great job on the alterations. It was very helpful that they're open late on Thursdays so I could come in after work.

All in all, my dress turned out perfectly. I'd recommend the shop, but I think their customer service could be better. I've heard far worse stories about other bridal shops, so I think Gamberdella's is still a great choice if you're in the Baltimore area.

Sent on 08/13/2009

amy · Married on 07/17/2009

3.5

Overall everything worked out well and I got what I wanted. I would recommend (not just with Gamberdella's but any bridal shop) that you tell them your wedding is a month earlier than it really is. I did this and was glad I did, the dress came in with only minor alterations needed, but It was a little too close to the "fake date" I gave them when I actually got the dress. They are a little blunt at first, but I realize they probably deal with a lot of window shoppers that are trying to find a brand name and buy their dress online. Cost was a little high compared to some of the similar dresses I saw online, but I decided to pay extra so I could actually have a person to complain to if anything went wrong.

Sent on 10/23/2009

Susan · Married on 08/05/2006

4.2

Other than the groom, my dress was the best part of the ceremony! I absolutely loved it! I went to Gamberdella even though I live more than 50 miles away because I had been dress shopping there with my sister. It's a lovely, family-owned shop with good personalized services. Sharon has a great eye and selected dresses for me. She picked the dress I ended up buying. Although I came in for a different dress, I was thrilled with the selection she has out for me to try "just in case". I bought everything there. Also, I the seamstress is extremely talented and did a perfect job fitting me. My strapless gown (silk and satin) didn't move. I was a bride who didn't have to fidget with her dress all night.

Sent on 05/30/2007

Megan · Married on 08/14/2010

I recently got married and both purchased my dress at Gamberdella and had it altered there. I had a bad experience at an "upscale bridal salon in Reisterstown" where they treated me horribly and didn't listen to anything that I said. At Gamberdella, this was not the case. My consultant, Sarah, listened to everything that I said and asked for. She was able to find me the dress of my dreams and within my price range. After I purchased the dress it took 10 months for it to come in which was 2 months over the 8 month estimate. Luckily I was still ahead of schedule. I found the alterations problem to be pleasant. My seamstress was very nice and listened to all of my requests. My only complaint is that the alterations rooms upstairs are tad uncomfortably warm in the summer even with the AC and a fan on...not so pleasant when standing in a heavy wedding dress.

Sent on 08/30/2010

Jennifer · Married on 05/23/2009

Gamberdella's provided me with the dress of my dreams. I asked them to get a dress from a designer they do not normally carry, and they did. They can be a little pushy at times, but overall I was quite pleased with their services and their seamstress is wonderful.

Sent on 06/07/2009

Diane · Married on 03/20/2009

3.5

I loved the selection at Gamberdella's bridal salon but I do think they need to work a little bit on their sensitivity level. I will start by saying they are very busy and they are good at what they do when they pick out dresses for your body type and event type so I understand their time is important but they do need to realize this is an important day for us ladies and we need to be treated gently especially about what weight we will or will not be on the wedding day. Like I said I understand but they need to understand too.
    My dress was amazing though.

Sent on 08/20/2009
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/10/2008

3.5

My dress was beautiful, but I had seen it in a magazine and knew that it was for me. Mary was very helpful in picking out my veil. They told me it would take about 8 - 10 months for my dress to come in, and it took that full amount of time, which was a bit nerve racking! Once my dress came in, they were very flexible about scheduling my fittings. My veil was wrong the first time, but they corrected it and it was fine for the final fitting.

The seamstress pushed alterations that did not need to be done. My dress fit perfectly and I only need the strap to be taken in 1/8th of an inch.

I had all of my bridesmaid dresses ordered from there as well, Gamberdella's was not happy when none of them had their alterations done there. And I can see why, 2 of the girls dresses were 2 sizes to big so that would have been a lot of alterations leading to a lot of money!

Sent on 10/24/2008

Jennifer · Married on 05/01/2010

3.8
      3.0

I found my dress at Gambardella's during a sample sale. The prices are a bit steeper than I had wanted to pay, though the dress itself was beautifully constructed. I bought my dress 4 months before my wedding and got pregnant 7 weeks before the big day. The seamstress did an amazing job in taking the zipper out of my dress and changing it to a corset back; no one would have ever known that the dress was not originally designed to look like that. I was very pleased with the work that she did on my dress.

Sent on 06/02/2010
  • TheMrs

Dana · Married on 09/12/2009

3.8
      3.0

I loved Sharon & Mary, I just became stressed when my dress was 2 months late and 2 months away from our wedding date! Other than that, everything was great. Sharon actually put together a simple dress & sash to create a beautifully unique dress which was just what I wanted. The priec was higher than I wanted to spend, but worth it :) Not to mention Eve who did my alterations is the absolute BEST! She is quick, but talented! The dress was perfect & I got so many compliments! I've heard that a lot of girls get stressed with the fact the dresses here seem to take a LONG time to arrive. My advice is just keep calling, don't be a jerk, but be persistant - they will get your dress here in time!!

Sent on 10/08/2009