Gamberdella Salon for Brides Reviews

Gamberdella Salon for Brides 5
Gamberdella Salon for Brides 6
Gamberdella Salon for Brides 7

allyson · Married on 11/01/2008

Gamberdella did an amazing job on my wedding dresses! I got my dress, my bridesmaids dresses, my flower girl dress and my moms dress there! Everything was so beautiful! I also got my veil, shoes and alterations there! Everything was perfect and I will definitely recommend them for any bridal (or formal) event! They were the best!

Sent on 03/20/2009
  • Desiree

Desiree · Married on 09/13/2008

Mary at Gamberdella was a joy to work with. She was always friendly when we came in to the shop and she stopped at nothing to help me find the PERFECT wedding gown. My girls' dresses were purchased there, too and they were gorgeous!!

Sent on 10/01/2008

Tara K. · Married on 09/06/2008

If Princess Diana had lived in Baltimore, MD then she would have bought her wedding dress at Gamberdella’s. That is all I need to say about this place. Fabulous!

Sent on 12/03/2008

Julia · Married on 08/30/2008

Mary is an absolute dream to work with. She can pick the right dress for you in a heart beat. They were so easy to work with and I found a dress that I never saw at any other bridal salon.

Sent on 09/26/2008

Danielle · Married on 10/27/2007

I had a baby 9 months before my wedding day and had gained 75 pounds with him.. I was determined to wait as long as possible before I picked out my wedding dress because I wanted to lose all the baby weight first. Well I waited until 3 months before the wedding and put myself in a real bind. Mary Gamberdella didn't flinch. I was crying when I went into her salon becasue I was so afraid I wouldn't find anything I liked in time. She and her cousin had me smiling and feeling beautiful before I left and they found me the perfect dress. I couldn't have found a more perfect dress if I had started looking 2 years prior. It came in and my fittings were fantastically easy. Eve is a great seamstress and she had everything done very quickly. I loved my shoes, my head piece and my veil too - everything in one store and all went so perfectly together. I thought the price for the dress and the alterations was very good, very fair and the service was wonderful. Everyone there is really nice and they made me feel like they truly cared how I looked on my wedding day. The salon itself is also beautiful and they have some amazing dresses to choose from. I wouldn't send my friend anywhere else.

Sent on 11/20/2007

Abby · Married on 09/15/2007

Everyone is so nice and helped me find the perfect dress.

Sent on 06/04/2008
  • I

Liz · Married on 08/18/2007

I love Mary and the girls at Gamerdella's! They helped chose the perfect dress for me and gave me great customer services throughout the whole process.

Sent on 11/04/2008

Laura · Married on 12/30/2006

They were able to get my dress and alter it within a month! It was amazing because they originally told me it would take 3 months for my dress to come in.

Sent on 10/29/2008

Marisa · Married on 07/15/2006

Gamberdella's was great. The staff was professional, yet laid back. I didn't feel pressured to buy from them, but they provided plenty of options - and all in my price range. I would definitely recommend someone to head there!

Sent on 08/24/2007

Rebecca · Married on 05/07/2006

One of my favorite vendors was Mary Gamberdella. Mary put me at ease throughout the entire dress selection, fitting and purchasing. She was fabulous. She helped me pick out a Richard Glasgow dress which I think suited me, my form and my style perfectly. I wish I could buy all of my clothes from Mary.

Gamberdellas is at 30 W Pennsylvania Ave, Baltimore, MD 21204.

Sent on 12/21/2006

Scootie · Married on 07/24/2004

Great experience, very friendly!

Sent on 02/27/2008

Katie · Married on 10/21/2017

After visiting salons in Chicago with my mom when home for the holidays and not finding that one dress I couldn't live without, I decided to look for my dress in the Baltimore area (where I live) knowing it would be easier for fittings, etc. I visited a few bridal salons in the area, but found my dream dress at Gamberdellas. Mary and her team were so friendly, accomodating and helpful. I tried on quite a few dresses but they listened about what I liked and disliked with each one and then I put on my dress. My mom also found her dress here...she was browsing while she was waiting for me and found her Mother of the Bride dress which looked amazing on her! It did take a while to get my dress in, but I think that is par for the course with bridal gowns. I ordered it in January and it got in to the store in September, but I had plenty of time for my fittings before my wedding on October 21. I called numerous times checking on the status (I am a tad OCD) and Mary was always patient and helpful. Eve did a wonderful job on my alterations and my dress fit perfectly...it looked like it was made for me! I would definitely recommend Gamberdellas, they had a good selection of dresses in various price ranges. I know I was not disappointed!

Sent on 11/01/2017
    Gamberdella Salon for Brides 8
    Gamberdella Salon for Brides 9
    Gamberdella Salon for Brides 10
    Gamberdella Salon for Brides 11
    Gamberdella Salon for Brides 12
    Gamberdella Salon for Brides 13

I had a very positive experience at Gamerdella and would definitely recommend that those in the Baltimore make a visit, especially if they are in need of accessories and excellent service. Gamberdella really helped me when I needed to make a last minute change of dress one week before my wedding. I was extremely stressed because just bought a second dress (both dresses purchased elsewhere) and needed accessories to make the new look work. The saleswoman/seemstress India helped me find exactly what I needed and was incredibly patient and kind. Equally important, she was clearly an expert and offered me complete cohesive looks so that I could see all of my options and choose a belt, shoes and a veil that elevated my look. I needed exactly this kind of experienced eye and compassionate communication. I am so grateful that I found Gamerdella. GREAT SERVICE and beautiful pieces to choose from!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Laurie · Married on 06/12/2014

I was married in June of 2014 as a second time bride. When I contacted Gamberdella's Bridal Salon I was frustrated because I had been to other bridal salons and was very disappointed. There didn't seem to be anything available for second time brides within a reasonable budget! When I talked to Mary, the salon's owner, she assured me that there was a bridal gown for me. I made an appointment with her, and after trying on three gowns, I found THE ONE! It was the perfect dress for me, and I received so many compliments. I am still receiving compliments over two years later! I can't say enough about Mary and her staff at Gamberdellas. They were always very professional and accomedated all of our needs. My sisters and mother also bought their dresses at Gamberdellas, and it was just as pleasant for them as it was for me. Thank you Mary for helping to make my special day even more special!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Jasmine · Married on 09/24/2011

I found my dream dress at Gamberdella's & it was very reasonably priced! I went to two other places before here & found dresses I liked but didn't love. I thought I wouldn't like that they don't let you browse through the dresses yourself, but I told Mary what I liked & didn't like & she did perfect on the dresses she pulled. The dress I got (Diamond Collection by Casablanca) was also very reasonably priced! Other places I went to I couldn't find anything with beading for under $2000, but I did here. My husband told me my dress looked like a million dollar dress. I also got my bridesmaid dresses from here & they were soo pretty too. The same dress at a different store was priced $40 higher. It did take a while for my dress to come in (could be because I ordered it really early) & I had to call to find out it was there, but they did call me right away about the bridesmaid dresses. The alterations were also great. Luckily I didn't need much but the lady was able to add a belt to the inside to take it in a bit without having to take in the whole dress so the alterations were really cheap!

Sent on 10/28/2011

Thank you Gamberdella! My dress was perfect. I was looking for a dress that was not strapless, and Gamberdella had the largest selection within my budget. It arrived a month earlier than they said it would, and scheduled the fittings around my work schedule. Eve is wonderful, the alterations were perfect and they charged me less than the original estimate. Perfect!

Sent on 03/28/2011

Kristin · Married on 09/26/2009

I knew I wanted to start at Gamberdella b/c I wanted to look at Lazaro dresses and not that many places have the styles I like from that line. Plus my matron of honor got hers there and recommended it.

Well, that was the only store I went to!! I hate trying on clothes in general. I worked with Sarah and she made it so pleasurable. She pulled all the styles I asked for, plus a few others as well as less expensive other brands. I tried on 13 dresses and did end up with a Lazaro, but not one I thought I would like by looking online! Sarah pulled it for me. She was not pushy as I came back with different people 3 times before making the final decision. This was nice considering it was more expensive than I thought I wanted to pay. But that is a Lazaro issue not Gamberdella.

Sarah was also great in helping me find shoes. The grace shoes I liked with a dark beading were lighter in color in my size (different batch??) She went so far as to try to contact he company to help me out! Sarah answered my emails and always knew my name when I cam back for my veil and fittings. Unlike others on this review site, my dress was not late (that I remember) and everything worked great. They were accommodating in finding me appointments to fit my busy schedule as well.They even let us take pictures in the dress sample even though my girlfriends said most places will not!

Eve, while abrupt, did a fantastic job. My dress was way too big due to weight loss and she transformed it!!! I should have listened to her experienced wisdom of not losing any more weight the last week. i had a perfect fitting one week before, but the dress was a tad big on my wedding day. I guess Eve knew what she was talking about!! She custom fitted an undergarment for me as well when mine showed out the sides of the dress, sewing it down to hide it. Everything was awesome at Gamberdella.

It is almost sad I won't be visiting their charming storefront with the fireplace and boutique yet homey feel!!!

Kristin Frankenfield (9-26-09)

Sent on 11/04/2009
  • Cortni

Cortni · Married on 08/19/2017

I purchased a Mikaella gown from Gamberdella in March 2016 for my August 2017 wedding as an out of state bride. I booked an appointment on a whim while visiting my aunt, having already been to half a dozen bridal shops to look for a dress. The owner and stylist welcomed me in the store and listened to what I was looking for before selecting dresses for me. This was the only store I visited where the shop picks the dresses and the client can't see the full inventory. I liked it this way, it took away that overwhelming feeling of so many gowns. After trying on a few no dresses, they brought the dress that was perfect for me. I really liked the intimate and upscale feel of the salon, so I decided it was worth buying a dress out of state (also I visit family in MD often). I came back for two fittings and Eve was extremely professional and helpful during both fittings, including helping me select a belt to really make the dress feel complete. My dress was shipped to me just in time for my wedding and I couldn't be happier that I chose Gamberdella.

Sent on 09/04/2017
  • User6319305 · 2+ years ago

This is a very professional business, all the staff are extremely helpful and eager to help you find your perfect dress. I am extremely appreciative of how comfortable they make you, and how non-pushy they are. Highly recommend this place to find a dress.

Sent on 02/04/2016

Gamberdella Salon for Brides's reply:

Thank you so much for your very kind words. We at Gamberdella's take pride in ensuring all of our brides that they will have an enjoyable process selecting their gown. We enjoyed working with you, thank you again!
    Gamberdella Salon for Brides

Mary is fantastic! The company shipped my dress about a month after I had originally been told, and she was wonderful to me as I started to panic and worry about my alterations being completed in time. The alterations here are fantastic; my bustle alone had seven hooks that were hand-sewn in, and the bottom of my gown looks phenomenal. The time and attention spent to making it fit perfect will be well worth it!

Sent on 10/25/2014
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 08/13/2011

After encountering one too many snooty bridal boutiques, I was so thankful to find Gamberdellas! A friend at my yoga studio bought her dress there 10 years ago and recommended I call them. I'm so glad I did! I had wanted to try a Casablanca dress on and they tracked it down for me no problem and gave me no attitude.

My only issue was a bit of a communication problem with their amazing seamstress Eve. She did a fabulous job, but she could have done a better job managing my expectations and explaining what alterations were being done and why they were the price that she quoted. But even when she gave me decorative buttons when I wanted functional buttons (be sure to ask for loops!) and I was disappointed, they fixed it free of charge and shipped it to me so I had it in 2 days.

Thanks Gamberdellas!

Sent on 08/20/2011

Emily · Married on 07/16/2010

I had a very positive experience at Gamberdella's! I originally went here because they carried Nicole Miller bridal dresses, which are somewhat hard to find. I met with Sarah for my first consultation and she was SO helpful and nice. I left the store with a good feeling, although I didn't find my dress. I ended up making another appointment to come in a few months later because I really felt like they understood what I was looking for and had a good selection. The second time was the charm because Sarah brought out a dress I immediately loved. I didn't order it on the spot but did come back in later to order it. In the meantime, I called around to a lot of other bridal stores that carried the same designer, and Gamberdella's price was the same, or lower, than many of these other stores.

I knew the dress would take awhile to come in so I didn't worry about it. It came in over a month before my wedding, which was enough time for me. I didn't feel like I had many alterations done, but my bill was higher than expected. I also felt like Eve, the seamstress, was very rushed and didn't give me much time to really look at the dress during my fittings.

Overall, it came out beautifully and I would highly recommend Gamberdella's. I had a low budget and they always worked with me on this. I never felt like Sarah was trying to up-sell me...in fact, she frequently said she would never bring dresses outside my budget so I wouldn't fall in love with an unattainable dress. They have a beautiful and very cute shop...what I always imagined a bridal boutique would be!

Sent on 08/08/2010

Caroline · Married on 07/16/2010

I knew I wanted to get my dress from Gamberdella's. My mom got her wedding dress from Mary Gamberdella 26 years ago, and Mary actually came to her wedding to make sure her train was fluffed properly. I don't think she does that anymore! My mom's two sister's were also Gamberdella brides 20-some years ago, one bought her dress there, and the other wore her mother-in-law's vintage lace gown, which Mary Gamberdella steamed and altered.

My consultants were Emily and Theresa. I went with my mom and grandmom, it was great because the salon was pretty much empty for our appointment. They did an excellent job of staying within my price range, and didn't bring in anything more expensive than what I was willing to pay. We were seeing a lot of things I liked, but nothing I really loved on me, so after an hour I started getting a little discouraged, and thought I'd come back another day during the trunk sale. Theresa suggested that I just try on a few trunk sale dresses while I was still there.

Before I ever went dress shopping, I had fallen in love with Lazaro dresses, but I knew they were out of my price range. I did not even breathe a word about Lazaro in Gamberdella's, although I knew they carried the designer... they brought me 2 ballgowns in from the trunk sale collection. One fit almost like a glove, it was absolutely perfect. And it was a Lazaro. Sharon Gamberdella gave me an awesome deal... the dress would not have been in my price range had it not been from the trunk sale. Thank you, Gamberdella's, for giving me my dream dress!

My bridesmaids also ordered their dresses from Gamberdella's and they were Bill Levkoff. They were a little non-traditional, in that the dresses were diamond white with an indigo sash, and the staff were very helpful in assisting me to fine a designer who's ivory/white matched my not-white/not-ivory dress. It was nice to be able to hold the dresses up to each other in the store! They were very reasonable in price to other salons (within the same brand) and were cheaper for alterations for what I thought was better service. The only snafu was that I had an out-of-town bridesmaid who called several times to give her measurements and may for the dress so they could all be ordered at the same time. She left her measurements on the machine in a message (which they got) but did not want to leave her credit card information. I had been told the only thing they needed was her measurements to order the dresses, but got a call in April for my July wedding that they still had not ordered the dresses because they hadn't received the deposit for that bridesmaid's dress. Luckily we resolved the issue within 10 minutes (cia BM calling and paying) and the order was placed that day... the dresses were in at the beginning of June, plenty of time for alterations. They looked stunning on the wedding day!

Eve was great with my alterations, and she was SO patient with me... I was kind of fidgety in the fitting room! But my dress was perfect for my wedding day. I never wanted to take it off!

Thank you to Gamberdella's for a great experience in our family. I hope to send my daughter to Gamberdella's for her wedding gown.

Sent on 09/15/2010

Christie · Married on 06/25/2010

My gown looked great! The staff is very responsive and friendly and the alterations were reasonably priced and of good quality.

Sent on 09/01/2010

Rachel · Married on 05/30/2009

I went to a few other bridal shops, but Gamberdella's really got the dress I was looking for. I really liked every dress they pulled out for me to try on. Once I found the perfect dress, they were great with scheduling my fittings and the dress came out beautiful!

Sent on 08/12/2009