120 Reviews for Gamberdella Salon for Brides

Mother of Bride (1)
Bridesmaids (1)
Sample Gowns (1)
120 Gamberdella Salon for Brides Reviews

While I did not end up buying my gown from Gamberdella, I had a great experience there and would definitely recommend it to others! We worked with Clare, who was so nice and did a great job listening to me and picking out dresses that matched what I was leaning towards. They also had the best selection of dresses in the lower end of my price range that I saw out of all the stores I visited. It also looked like they had some really nice bridesmaid dresses, so I would definitely send my wedding party back to check those out!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 7/22/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Thanks for a great wedding dress experience! I absolutely loved my Casa Blanca gown and easily could have been happy with at least 2-3 other beautiful gowns I tried on. I had great sales service from my 1st trip through my 4th fitting. I literally felt like I had been poured into the dress on my wedding day and so many guests complimented the gown!
(P.S. this review is by Jonathan's wife, Robin : )

Profile Picture Jonathan, 5/7/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only, Sample Sales, Bridal Gowns, Undergarments

The staff at Gamberdella Salon helped my daughter select the perfect wedding gown at a price that was within our budget. After hearing what she had in mind, they brought the exact right gown. In fact, the gown was even more perfect than what she had imagined. The alterations were excellent, true expertise, and everything was ready exactly when they said it would be. They were friendly and professional and understood how special the moment of seeing her in her gown was to all of us. It was a wonderful experience working with them, and the bride looked perfect throughout her wedding day.

Profile Picture Halaine, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Undergarments, Veils, Bride, Alterations

I'd been searching for weeks trying to find a gown that wouldn't exceed my minimal budget (which included alterations). When I called Gamberdellas, Mary, the store owner, answered and assured me they would work with my budget to find me a gorgeous gown - and they did! At Gamberdellas, I didn't have to search through racks of dresses (which was a huge relief), rather, Mary and her team listened to what I wanted and pulled dresses for me to try on. Since my mom lives out of state, there was a fair amount of waiting while I snapped and sent pics, but everyone at Gamberdellas was very kind, patient and supportive. One of the last dresses they pulled for me was the one I ended up purchasing. Surprisingly, when I saw it on the hanger I actually really loved it and when I put it on, everything felt right. I was elated I found my dress here because I adore Mary and her team! I highly, highly recommend Gamberdellas.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 5/7/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Veils, Bride

Gamberdella was the second bridal shop that I went to after having an awful time at the first shop that I went to. I told Mary that I wanted something unique and then she brought out THE dress. It was exactly what I was looking for and more! Eve was a joy to work with for alterations. She did such a beautiful job with all of the details of my dress. I highly recommend Gamberdella for many reasons!!

Profile Picture Kara, 4/23/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Veils, Alterations, Appts. Only

AMAZING! My experience in this salon was nothing short of perfect. They were very flexible, I called the day before and then called the day of to say I was going to be a little late, and they had no problem with it. I stopped in several times to just look at the dress, or to try it on with jewelry, and again, they had no problem. The consultant who worked with me listened to what I wanted and worked within my budget. I ended up with a gown that was part of a discontinued line, and it was perfect. It had been living in the basement, but they made it look beautiful and pressed. The seamstress was also wonderful. She was very professional but was fun to interact with. The whole shop is just a joy to work with. When I was trying on dresses I got honest opinions which I appreciated. I wanted to look good on my wedding day and I trusted these ladies to make sure I did. They steered me away from dresses that didn't compliment me and applauded when I found one that made me look and feel like a princess. I think dress shopping should be done with an open mind, and these ladies will be blunt and honest which is what anyone who is going to be looking at these pictures forever should want!

Profile Picture Kiah, 4/22/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only

My experience at Gamberdella was amazing. I had been to 2 other dress shops prior and tried on 20+ dresses that were all 5 out of 10s. As I walked into Gamberdella, the atmosphere was welcoming with fire lit and Mary, the owner, greeting me warmly with her assistant, Katie, who was easy to talk to and sweet. I was able to try on dresses in a private room with my mom, sister and 2 best friends seated comfortably around me. Every dress I tried on was beautiful and I would have been happy with any of them. After trying on approximately 10 dresses, I found the one! Having been to other shops and seen so many dresses that I didn’t like, it was refreshing to visit a shop with an excellent selection of dresses of high quality that were affordable. I would highly recommend any bride to make an appointment at Gamberdella. Mary was very bridal savvy with 36+ years in the industy; the selection of dresses, including beautiful lace, was unmatched compared to other shops and the overall experience was the kind every bride deserves and would enjoy.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My dress was fabulous from head to toe! Alterations were top notch, they were amazing with payment plan (I didn't have to pay final balance until the day before my wedding!) and they were just pleasant to deal with.

They sold beautiful bridesmaid dresses and flower girl dresses as well.

Affordable! Ironically, it was the cheapest dress I tried on at any place, and it was by far the most stunning. Lace, ivory and a beautiful neckline...a small selection, but it was the perfect one for me!

Profile Picture User5564085, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Gamberdella was the last of 3 shops that I visited in the Baltimore area while searching for my wedding dress. I was immediately impressed by everyone's laid back attitude and casual demeanor. The shop is welcoming and warm and so are the people inside! By the end of the day, it was a relief to not have to look at any dresses myself and I was thrilled with the selection that Mary and her team brought back. I loved my dress from the moment I put it on and immediately knew it was the one.

Once the dress arrived, I knew I was in good hands with Eve, the seamstress. She was professional and meticulous with the alterations and even helped me find a bra that would work with the backless dress. She truly seems to take pride in her work and I never had any doubt about the alterations. The gown fit like a glove when Eve was done with it and the bustle was beautiful. I recommend Mary, Eve, and the rest of the Gamberdella team without hesitation!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

My mom got her wedding gown at Gamberdellas so that was the first place we went. They listened to what I wanted and helped me find the perfect gown. We also did the bridesmaids dresses here which was an excellent experience as well. Everything feels personal and they always make time for you!

Profile Picture User4390599, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I cannot say enough good things about Gamberdella! A friend of mine recommended I go there because she had a friend who had a great experience with them. I got engaged in the end of December and my wedding was scheduled for the end of June. Needless to say I needed a quick turn around! I went in mid January to look for my dress, and while they told me I was a little behind most brides, they would do all they could to make sure my dress would be ready in time.

My grandmother came with me because she wanted to pay for my dress. I had some idea of what I wanted, but not totally. When they asked for my budget, my grandmother said "she has no budget" and I was terrified they would bring me the most expensive dresses they had knowing she was going to pay for it. NOT THE CASE! They simply said "ok, we will start at the low end and work our way up". The first dress they brought me was the one! I tried on others to be sure, but always went back to that dress.

They stayed in touch with me in the months after to calm my nerves about the dress arriving in time. It arrived at the end of May, and they did such a good job with my measurements, the only alterations I needed were bustles and hemming (and adding some cups in too!). Their seamstress is AMAZING!

In addition to all that, I decided I did not like the veil i originally bought in January by the time June came around. I decided on another veil and they were able to have it ordered and delivered for me last minute!

Gamberdella was so accommodating with appointments and so responsive and communicative. I could not have had a better experience, and I loved my dress so much that I am sad I only got to wear it once! Everyone commented on my dress and how perfect it was!

Profile Picture Kate, 6/27/15, 11 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My parents came to visit me so that we could go wedding dress shopping. Gambradella's was the first of 6 appointments I had scheduled. After meeting Mary and telling her what I was looking for, she started putting me in dresses. Through telling her what I liked and didn't like, she lead me to the perfect dress. I had the moment, where you know you're wearing your wedding dress and immediately said yes. because of her sincere care and honesty, I canceled all of my appointments and purchased the dress on the spot. Mary was kind enough to allow me to come the next day to show my soon to be mother-in-law the dress as she was supposed to shop with us the next day. This was a wonderful experience and I am so happy I decided to schedule Gambradellas as my first, and only, appointment,

Profile Picture Emily, 2/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Mary and her staff at Gamberdella went above and beyond the call of duty for me. I found the perfect dress at this shop and was always greeted with happy, professional faces upon visiting. The seamstress, Eve, does beautiful work. This is a shop where you cannot browse the dresses, so please know that before you book your visit. They do, however, have a wonderful selection and a knowledgeable staff so sit back and let them bring the dresses to you!

Profile Picture Kate, 1/3/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The morning of my daughter, Katrina’s wedding, she tried on her beautiful, strapless gown from Gamberdella. She applied the 2 sided tape to attach her bra to the gown. This was to prevent any slippage. But she lost some weight since the last fitting and the dress was sliding. Everyone tried different ideas to keep it in place. Katrina was very uncomfortable. She was afraid that while walking down the church aisle she would have to keep tugging on it to keep it up. I called Mary, the owner of Gamberdella’s and told her what was happening. She asked what church and she said she and the seamstress, Eve, would meet us at the church. A half hour later as we pulled up to the church, Mary and Eve were there waiting for us! What a relief!! My daughter, Mary and Eve went to the Church basement. Eve quickly sewed the bra to the dress and solved the problem. I could see the tension in my daughter’s face turn to joy. Due to Mary and Eve’s efforts the ceremony started on time. Mary and Eve stayed with Katrina to arrange the dress and veil before she walked down the aisle. Katrina was able to walk down the long church aisle with beauty and confidence. We will always be thankful to Gamberdella’s Mary and Eve for saving the day that could have been disastrous. I am so happy that we didn’t go with a large bridal retailer. I don’t think the personal attention would have been the same. The gown was gorgeous. The whole process for my daughter at Gamberdella was personalized and fun. They helped her find the style dress within her budget that she wanted. Thank you Gamberdella!!

Profile Picture Debbie , 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Gamberdella’s performed a wedding miracle for me. I had purchased a dress at another boutique (big mistake!) and experienced an alterations nightmare (five fittings and a dress that still was too big). A death in my family caused me to be out of state and I returned to Maryland the Thursday before our wedding. My mother in law, who purchased her gown at Gamberdella’s 30 years ago, called Mary to see if she could help. Mary and her team did more than help - let me tell you.

From the moment I walked into the store all of my nerves and anxiety disappeared. I knew I was in good hands immediately. Every single person made me feel welcome, calm, and in control. The incredibly talented Eve tried to fix the dress, but we all agreed it wasn’t possible. Mary and her girls immediately went to work pulling samples for me to try on. We were obviously down to the wire, my wedding was less than 48 hours away. But the ladies at Gamberdella’s gave me the full bridal experience, listening to what I liked and didn’t and looking all over the store for something I would love. Mission accomplished. They found the PERFECT gown along with shoes, sash and veil. I can’t imagine what my wedding day would have turned out like if we hadn’t gone to Gamberdella’s. I felt amazing and beautiful on my wedding day thanks to Gamberdella’s. Brides to be, go to Gamberdella’s, you won’t regret it!

Profile Picture jillian, 9/20/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had an absolutely wonderful experience with the ladies at Gamberdella They inquired about the style of dress I was looking for as well as gave some insight on dresses they thought would look great as well! I found the dress of my dreams and it fit absolutely perfect!!

Profile Picture User3437191, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to Gamberdella's after not finding a dress at a really busy salon elsewhere. At my appointment we were not rushed or did not feel sales pressure, but instead felt like the salesgirl listened to the things I liked and didn't and showed me things within my budget. I ended up finding my dress after trying on 2 others. When my dress arrived, it fit really well and just needed minor alterations and hemming. The seamstress did a wonderful job and was really great to work with. I would definitely recommend Gamberdella's for other brides.

Profile Picture User4282477, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The only place my mom was willing to take me wedding dress shopping was Gamberdella, and their reputation absolutely held true for me. I loved their selection and found my perfect gown! Mary was so helpful throughout the process, and Eve is the best seamstress around! They were very flexible and even hemmed my mom's dress that was bought outside of the boutique. I highly recommend Gamberdella to anyone looking for a wonderful dress buying experience!

Profile Picture Phylicia, 3/1/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to many other dress shops in the area, and ended up being very happy with Gamberdella's inventory. The staff was helpful and the alterations were beautifully done. I would work with them again!

Profile Picture User3069983, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I was very very pleased with buying my wedding dress from Gamberdella's. It was the third bridal salon that I tried. They have very large, clean, pleasant private rooms to try the dresses on. The girls that work there are very professional and knowledgeable. I never felt rushed or pressured. When I bought my dress, they were very responsive every time I called to check on it. I was also very pleased with the alterations. They were very flexible in when I wanted to pick up my dress.

Profile Picture Kay, 11/16/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

They helped a semi-clueless bride find the perfect dress on the first attempt! Loved loved loved my lazaro gown. Fittings were smooth and everything delivered on time. Would highly recommend.

Profile Picture stacy, 10/11/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Such a great bridal salon. Mary was so helpful and amazing in helping me find my perfect dress. The turn around on the fittings was so fast and their work was perfect.

Profile Picture Jillian, 9/28/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Made an appointment here to search for gowns after driving by for years admiring the windows. I was worried the store wouldn't have many dresses in my $1500 budget. I cannot tell you how THRILLED I was at the service, selection and overall experience. Emily and Mary made my family and I feel totally at home. They pulled the perfect dresses, letting me try on different styles until we found the right ones. They were not trying to sell me or pressure me into making a decision before I was ready. The store was lovely and allowed us to have a private experience. I cannot say enough about how great it was, and after spending the afternoon in another store I would not go anywhere else again!

Profile Picture User2429022, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

The staff at Gamberdella's was extremely knowledgeable. They made me feel at ease and helped to find me my perfect dress! They added straps to the dress with no problem. The setting in their small Towson Bridal Salon was much more comfortable for me than a large warehouse setting would've been. I appreciated the privacy and quietness. Yet their prices and selection were unbeatable. Thanks, Gamberdella! Your dress made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Karen, 4/20/13, 6 Reviews