Gamberdella Salon for Brides Reviews

Gamberdella Salon for Brides 7
  • Kellie

Kellie · Getting married on 09/21/2019

Beautiful Store, Dresses and People

I suggest this bridal salon to all of my engaged friends. An amazing selection of beautiful gowns and bridesmaids dresses. Mary and all of the staff are so knowledgable about what can be done to the dresses as far as changes, alternations and customization goes as they are closely connected to the designers they carry. If you are looking for a beautiful dress that is perfect for you make an appointment here. They just got completely renovated and it feels magical in there, the way it should feel when you pick your dress!

I cannot wait to wear my dress in September 2019!

Sent on 01/17/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/21/2019

Great Experience!

I tried on so many wedding dresses, but I just couldn't find "the one". I told Mary that I loved the body of one of the dresses I tried on, but I hated the skirt and couldn't see myself wearing it on my wedding day. She immediately said she would contact the designer and see if we could pick out a new skirt to go with the body of the dress that I loved. The end result was better than anything I ever imagined. I was so worried about getting my dress in and not liking it since it was a custom piece that I never got to try on, but it was perfect! I am so thankful that Mary gave me this option, she works so hard to make sure her brides are happy.

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Emily

Emily Fine · Married on 05/11/2019

Mary knows bridal dresses

Highly recommend! Mary picked out my dress and found something that worked with my body and vision. Gamberdella was very responsiveness to all my questions and hesitations during the alteration process, very flexible for appoitnments and did not pressure me at all during the decision process. They let me take my time and try on anything I wanted to help me make my decision. I also worked with Claire, who was so great! She knew amazing recommendations and was so sweet! Mary and her team are committed to make you happy and feel amazing. The process can be overwhelming with all eyes being on you, but if you find your dress here you can rest assured they will make sure you come out satisfied and looking great.

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Staci

Staci Kuehn · Married on 12/30/2018

Gambie Bride!

I had a specific dress in mind that they happened to have, Casablanca Bridal. I was set on my price point, no more than $1000 for the dress because you know how alterations are. And they helped make my dream come true! We added straps and a belt and my dress felt one of a kind. Thank you Gamberdella!

Sent on 12/30/2018
    Gamberdella Salon for Brides 8
    Gamberdella Salon for Brides 9
  • Debra

Debra · Married on 11/18/2018

Go to Gamberdella's!!

I got my dress about 3 months before my wedding day due to a mishap with another dress. Gamberdella was very understanding and got me in for an appointment very quickly. They allowed me to bring in my original dress to see if there was something that could be done. In the end, I decided to get a brand new dress, and I am extremely happy I did. Thankfully, a sample sale was going on and I got an amazing designer dress for a great price. All the staff at Gamberdella were extremely helpful and knowledgeable and really made me feel at ease. I went in for 3 fittings and the dress was perfect. They have on-site alterations which was a huge asset. All in all, it was a great experience!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Alyssa · Married on 07/22/2017

While I did not end up buying my gown from Gamberdella, I had a great experience there and would definitely recommend it to others! We worked with Clare, who was so nice and did a great job listening to me and picking out dresses that matched what I was leaning towards. They also had the best selection of dresses in the lower end of my price range that I saw out of all the stores I visited. It also looked like they had some really nice bridesmaid dresses, so I would definitely send my wedding party back to check those out!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Jonathan · Married on 05/07/2017

Thanks for a great wedding dress experience! I absolutely loved my Casa Blanca gown and easily could have been happy with at least 2-3 other beautiful gowns I tried on. I had great sales service from my 1st trip through my 4th fitting. I literally felt like I had been poured into the dress on my wedding day and so many guests complimented the gown!
    (P.S. this review is by Jonathan's wife, Robin : )

Sent on 05/12/2017

Halaine · Married on 06/18/2016

The staff at Gamberdella Salon helped my daughter select the perfect wedding gown at a price that was within our budget. After hearing what she had in mind, they brought the exact right gown. In fact, the gown was even more perfect than what she had imagined. The alterations were excellent, true expertise, and everything was ready exactly when they said it would be. They were friendly and professional and understood how special the moment of seeing her in her gown was to all of us. It was a wonderful experience working with them, and the bride looked perfect throughout her wedding day.

Sent on 07/25/2016

I'd been searching for weeks trying to find a gown that wouldn't exceed my minimal budget (which included alterations). When I called Gamberdellas, Mary, the store owner, answered and assured me they would work with my budget to find me a gorgeous gown - and they did! At Gamberdellas, I didn't have to search through racks of dresses (which was a huge relief), rather, Mary and her team listened to what I wanted and pulled dresses for me to try on. Since my mom lives out of state, there was a fair amount of waiting while I snapped and sent pics, but everyone at Gamberdellas was very kind, patient and supportive. One of the last dresses they pulled for me was the one I ended up purchasing. Surprisingly, when I saw it on the hanger I actually really loved it and when I put it on, everything felt right. I was elated I found my dress here because I adore Mary and her team! I highly, highly recommend Gamberdellas.

Sent on 01/21/2016

Gamberdella Salon for Brides's reply:

We are so happy you found your dress here and that you were happy with the service. We know you're going to make a beautiful bride!

Kara · Married on 04/23/2016

Gamberdella was the second bridal shop that I went to after having an awful time at the first shop that I went to. I told Mary that I wanted something unique and then she brought out THE dress. It was exactly what I was looking for and more! Eve was a joy to work with for alterations. She did such a beautiful job with all of the details of my dress. I highly recommend Gamberdella for many reasons!!

Sent on 04/28/2016

Gamberdella Salon for Brides's reply:

Kara! Thank you so much for your sweet words. We loved working with you to find your perfect dress. You were an absolutely beautiful bride. Make sure to share your pictures with us! Hope to see you soon. Thanks again! Gamberdella Salon for Brides

Kiah · Married on 04/22/2016

AMAZING! My experience in this salon was nothing short of perfect. They were very flexible, I called the day before and then called the day of to say I was going to be a little late, and they had no problem with it. I stopped in several times to just look at the dress, or to try it on with jewelry, and again, they had no problem. The consultant who worked with me listened to what I wanted and worked within my budget. I ended up with a gown that was part of a discontinued line, and it was perfect. It had been living in the basement, but they made it look beautiful and pressed. The seamstress was also wonderful. She was very professional but was fun to interact with. The whole shop is just a joy to work with. When I was trying on dresses I got honest opinions which I appreciated. I wanted to look good on my wedding day and I trusted these ladies to make sure I did. They steered me away from dresses that didn't compliment me and applauded when I found one that made me look and feel like a princess. I think dress shopping should be done with an open mind, and these ladies will be blunt and honest which is what anyone who is going to be looking at these pictures forever should want!

Sent on 05/09/2016

My experience at Gamberdella was amazing. I had been to 2 other dress shops prior and tried on 20+ dresses that were all 5 out of 10s. As I walked into Gamberdella, the atmosphere was welcoming with fire lit and Mary, the owner, greeting me warmly with her assistant, Katie, who was easy to talk to and sweet. I was able to try on dresses in a private room with my mom, sister and 2 best friends seated comfortably around me. Every dress I tried on was beautiful and I would have been happy with any of them. After trying on approximately 10 dresses, I found the one! Having been to other shops and seen so many dresses that I didn’t like, it was refreshing to visit a shop with an excellent selection of dresses of high quality that were affordable. I would highly recommend any bride to make an appointment at Gamberdella. Mary was very bridal savvy with 36+ years in the industy; the selection of dresses, including beautiful lace, was unmatched compared to other shops and the overall experience was the kind every bride deserves and would enjoy.

Sent on 12/13/2014

My dress was fabulous from head to toe! Alterations were top notch, they were amazing with payment plan (I didn't have to pay final balance until the day before my wedding!) and they were just pleasant to deal with.

They sold beautiful bridesmaid dresses and flower girl dresses as well.

Affordable! Ironically, it was the cheapest dress I tried on at any place, and it was by far the most stunning. Lace, ivory and a beautiful neckline...a small selection, but it was the perfect one for me!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Gamberdella Salon for Brides's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to hear we were able to help you find the perfect dress and hope your wedding was everything you wanted it to be!

Gamberdellas Bridal Salon

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2015

Gamberdella was the last of 3 shops that I visited in the Baltimore area while searching for my wedding dress. I was immediately impressed by everyone's laid back attitude and casual demeanor. The shop is welcoming and warm and so are the people inside! By the end of the day, it was a relief to not have to look at any dresses myself and I was thrilled with the selection that Mary and her team brought back. I loved my dress from the moment I put it on and immediately knew it was the one.

Once the dress arrived, I knew I was in good hands with Eve, the seamstress. She was professional and meticulous with the alterations and even helped me find a bra that would work with the backless dress. She truly seems to take pride in her work and I never had any doubt about the alterations. The gown fit like a glove when Eve was done with it and the bustle was beautiful. I recommend Mary, Eve, and the rest of the Gamberdella team without hesitation!

Sent on 01/17/2016

My mom got her wedding gown at Gamberdellas so that was the first place we went. They listened to what I wanted and helped me find the perfect gown. We also did the bridesmaids dresses here which was an excellent experience as well. Everything feels personal and they always make time for you!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Gamberdella Salon for Brides's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words. We are thrilled that like your mom, you were able to find your dress here! We hope your wedding turned out exactly like you envisioned and we are so honored we were able to be a part of it.

Gamberdellas Bridal Salon

Kate · Married on 06/27/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Gamberdella! A friend of mine recommended I go there because she had a friend who had a great experience with them. I got engaged in the end of December and my wedding was scheduled for the end of June. Needless to say I needed a quick turn around! I went in mid January to look for my dress, and while they told me I was a little behind most brides, they would do all they could to make sure my dress would be ready in time.

My grandmother came with me because she wanted to pay for my dress. I had some idea of what I wanted, but not totally. When they asked for my budget, my grandmother said "she has no budget" and I was terrified they would bring me the most expensive dresses they had knowing she was going to pay for it. NOT THE CASE! They simply said "ok, we will start at the low end and work our way up". The first dress they brought me was the one! I tried on others to be sure, but always went back to that dress.

They stayed in touch with me in the months after to calm my nerves about the dress arriving in time. It arrived at the end of May, and they did such a good job with my measurements, the only alterations I needed were bustles and hemming (and adding some cups in too!). Their seamstress is AMAZING!

In addition to all that, I decided I did not like the veil i originally bought in January by the time June came around. I decided on another veil and they were able to have it ordered and delivered for me last minute!

Gamberdella was so accommodating with appointments and so responsive and communicative. I could not have had a better experience, and I loved my dress so much that I am sad I only got to wear it once! Everyone commented on my dress and how perfect it was!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Emily · Married on 02/27/2015

My parents came to visit me so that we could go wedding dress shopping. Gambradella's was the first of 6 appointments I had scheduled. After meeting Mary and telling her what I was looking for, she started putting me in dresses. Through telling her what I liked and didn't like, she lead me to the perfect dress. I had the moment, where you know you're wearing your wedding dress and immediately said yes. because of her sincere care and honesty, I canceled all of my appointments and purchased the dress on the spot. Mary was kind enough to allow me to come the next day to show my soon to be mother-in-law the dress as she was supposed to shop with us the next day. This was a wonderful experience and I am so happy I decided to schedule Gambradellas as my first, and only, appointment,

Sent on 04/25/2014

Kate · Married on 01/03/2015

Mary and her staff at Gamberdella went above and beyond the call of duty for me. I found the perfect dress at this shop and was always greeted with happy, professional faces upon visiting. The seamstress, Eve, does beautiful work. This is a shop where you cannot browse the dresses, so please know that before you book your visit. They do, however, have a wonderful selection and a knowledgeable staff so sit back and let them bring the dresses to you!

Sent on 01/14/2015

Debbie · Married on 10/25/2014

The morning of my daughter, Katrina’s wedding, she tried on her beautiful, strapless gown from Gamberdella. She applied the 2 sided tape to attach her bra to the gown. This was to prevent any slippage. But she lost some weight since the last fitting and the dress was sliding. Everyone tried different ideas to keep it in place. Katrina was very uncomfortable. She was afraid that while walking down the church aisle she would have to keep tugging on it to keep it up. I called Mary, the owner of Gamberdella’s and told her what was happening. She asked what church and she said she and the seamstress, Eve, would meet us at the church. A half hour later as we pulled up to the church, Mary and Eve were there waiting for us! What a relief!! My daughter, Mary and Eve went to the Church basement. Eve quickly sewed the bra to the dress and solved the problem. I could see the tension in my daughter’s face turn to joy. Due to Mary and Eve’s efforts the ceremony started on time. Mary and Eve stayed with Katrina to arrange the dress and veil before she walked down the aisle. Katrina was able to walk down the long church aisle with beauty and confidence. We will always be thankful to Gamberdella’s Mary and Eve for saving the day that could have been disastrous. I am so happy that we didn’t go with a large bridal retailer. I don’t think the personal attention would have been the same. The gown was gorgeous. The whole process for my daughter at Gamberdella was personalized and fun. They helped her find the style dress within her budget that she wanted. Thank you Gamberdella!!

Sent on 02/21/2015

jillian · Married on 09/20/2014

Gamberdella’s performed a wedding miracle for me. I had purchased a dress at another boutique (big mistake!) and experienced an alterations nightmare (five fittings and a dress that still was too big). A death in my family caused me to be out of state and I returned to Maryland the Thursday before our wedding. My mother in law, who purchased her gown at Gamberdella’s 30 years ago, called Mary to see if she could help. Mary and her team did more than help - let me tell you.

From the moment I walked into the store all of my nerves and anxiety disappeared. I knew I was in good hands immediately. Every single person made me feel welcome, calm, and in control. The incredibly talented Eve tried to fix the dress, but we all agreed it wasn’t possible. Mary and her girls immediately went to work pulling samples for me to try on. We were obviously down to the wire, my wedding was less than 48 hours away. But the ladies at Gamberdella’s gave me the full bridal experience, listening to what I liked and didn’t and looking all over the store for something I would love. Mission accomplished. They found the PERFECT gown along with shoes, sash and veil. I can’t imagine what my wedding day would have turned out like if we hadn’t gone to Gamberdella’s. I felt amazing and beautiful on my wedding day thanks to Gamberdella’s. Brides to be, go to Gamberdella’s, you won’t regret it!

Sent on 10/20/2014

I had an absolutely wonderful experience with the ladies at Gamberdella They inquired about the style of dress I was looking for as well as gave some insight on dresses they thought would look great as well! I found the dress of my dreams and it fit absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 08/19/2014

I went to Gamberdella's after not finding a dress at a really busy salon elsewhere. At my appointment we were not rushed or did not feel sales pressure, but instead felt like the salesgirl listened to the things I liked and didn't and showed me things within my budget. I ended up finding my dress after trying on 2 others. When my dress arrived, it fit really well and just needed minor alterations and hemming. The seamstress did a wonderful job and was really great to work with. I would definitely recommend Gamberdella's for other brides.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Phylicia · Married on 03/01/2014

The only place my mom was willing to take me wedding dress shopping was Gamberdella, and their reputation absolutely held true for me. I loved their selection and found my perfect gown! Mary was so helpful throughout the process, and Eve is the best seamstress around! They were very flexible and even hemmed my mom's dress that was bought outside of the boutique. I highly recommend Gamberdella to anyone looking for a wonderful dress buying experience!

Sent on 03/22/2014

I went to many other dress shops in the area, and ended up being very happy with Gamberdella's inventory. The staff was helpful and the alterations were beautifully done. I would work with them again!

Sent on 01/03/2014