Gallucci's Catering Reviews

35 | Tacoma, WA

35 Reviews for Gallucci's Catering

Alyssa · Married on 07/16/2016

My husband and I had 3 options when we picked our venue, and this one was by far the best! They were quick to respond, and very accommodating to what we wanted (mexican bar-taco's...). Their bar staff was great too! The staff also was able to enjoy the wedding and got out on the dance floor and danced for a bit. Perfect company and we loved every bit! Thank you again.

Sent on 01/22/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/04/2015

Our 4th of July wedding was a huge hit to all our friends and family members! The guests still are raving about the food & the quality of the service we received for our 200 person wedding. The bartender was delightful, servers were all very professional, chairs & tables (set up/take down) was exactly how we wanted it and most of all....the food was to die for!!!!! We had an open buffet style barbecue feast for our guests to enjoy, but needed a substitute entrée for those who couldn't eat pork. The chef recommended his Salmon. Now my hubby doesn't do salmon, but at the tasting....he was blown away at the perfection that was salmon he was tasting!! He loved it as did me & our parents & guests!!! That alone was worth going with Gallucci's Catering for our caterer. Polly (Head Coordinator) is a fantastic go to gal & we loved seeing her smiling, positive face at every point in the process. I'm definitely recommending Gallucci's to anyone needing wonderful quality service at an affordable price! They made our wedding the most talked about event this summer by far!! They even stored our alcohol & drinks that we purchased and delivered them to the venue so we didn't have that as an added worry. Top notch in our book!

Sent on 08/29/2015

Mallory · Married on 04/14/2018

Gallucci’s was wonderful to work with! We had fun with our initial tasting, which was extremely low-pressure and they invited and noted feedback on the recipes we tasted. The person we were initially working with left the company, and we were seamlessly transitioned to working with Polly. She was so helpful and quick to respond to correspondence. Polly was also amazing in helping us get through a scheduling issue and helped us feel reassured that they would make sure things were perfect! I loved that Gallucci’s coordinated all of our rentals and set them up, so it was one less thing for us to stress about! On the day of our 150 person wedding, the passed hors d’oeuvres were admittedly not quite as delicious as our tasting, but they were still good and I heard no complaints from our guests. The staff were very pleasant and attentive! We loved that the bartender had pre-poured beer and wine for our guests in order to get the cocktail hour started right away! Dinner was delicious, as was stated by multiple people, and Gallucci’s was so great about dietary restrictions!

Sent on 05/06/2018

Tiffany · Married on 07/14/2017

Gallucci's went above and beyond for our wedding. Every thing on our menu from the passed appetizers to the main course was amazing! We had a groomsmen on a strict diet and they made a plate specially for him on the spot! Many of our guests said the food was the best they have had at a wedding! I can not say enough good things about this caterer!!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Jessica · Married on 08/24/2013

The owner of our venue highly recommended Gallucci's to us, as they had done both her sons' weddings. We couldn't have been happier. We got SO many compliments about how wonderful the food was and that it was the best wedding food anyone had experienced. Gallucci's was more than happy to set up a second tasting once we changed our menu after the first tasting. They even adapted a family recipe to be used on our wedding day to make it more personal. I can't say enough great things about the quality of food and presentation that they had on my wedding day, they definitely contributed to making my wedding day everything I had imagined.

Sent on 09/12/2013

Gallucci's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review. We are delighted that everything went well and you were happy with our service. We love happy brides! Congratulations again!

Brandie · Married on 08/21/2011

It was God's gift to us that we had such a bad experience early on with Brown's Catering that i started looking elsewhere! For my Aug 21, 2011 wedding all I cared about was photography and food. I had eaten their food from the Tacoma Glass Museum events and can not recommend Gallucci's enough! It was 85*, guests were melting, DJ didn't how up, our cake melted down the table and Ron and the staff rocked it to make sure we still had a great experience.
    Guests were coming up for thirds! The pasta is AMAZING, the chinese chicken salad is like no other and you know they are GREAT when the chef carved baron of beef EVERYONE thought was PRIME RIB!!
    The food has officially gone down as the best in our (very large) family!

Sent on 09/03/2011

Gallucci's Catering's reply:

Thank you for such a great review. We are so happy that we could be part of your special day and that everything worked out ok in the end. Congratulations on your marriage and thank you for sharing!

petey · Married on 05/14/2010

Ron and his staff are amazing. They accomodated our requests, there was more than enough food for our guests, and everyone raved about how good the spread was. The price was comparatively better than any of their competetors as well. We were very happy with their service!

Sent on 06/25/2010

Gallucci's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the review. We are so glad that your wedding day was great and that we could be part of your day! Congratulations!

Katie · Married on 08/10/2007

3.5

This was the most amazing food and service I have ever had in my life. VERY expensive, but worth every penny! They were even flexible enough to allow my grandmother's homemade pesto to be incorporated into one of their dishes. They took care of everything, including helping me bustle my dress when I arrived! They were absolutely amazing, I would use them again in a second.

Sent on 07/29/2008
  • Kathy

Kathy Peter · Married on 09/14/2019

4.2

Nothing fancy, but a reasonably solid caterer

We hired Gallucci’s bc they were the only preferred vendor for our venue that wasn’t already booked/actually got back to us. It was pretty easy to work with Adrielle in figuring out all the line items and coming up with a meal plan, although it sometimes took a few tries to get in touch with her by phone. She always updated our proposal promptly. I’m glad we did a tasting, bc the food was really heavy and too buttery when we first tried it, but the chef definitely took our feedback about the butternut squash lasagna bc it was delicious the day of. The chicken piccata was kind of dry - standard issue catering chicken... Gallucci’s provided our bartender and they did a great job. The day-of, they were in charge of moving the tables and chairs from ceremony to reception setup and they did a good job! However, they were behind throughout the evening by about 10-20 mins with going to dinner and then again with being ready for cake, but they did tell our DJ about the delays so at least he was able to keep track of it for us. At the end, they also weren’t quite going full force with cleanup - they had the kitchen done, but we had to help get a garbage can and clear a bunch of the cups and such off of the tables. We did appreciate that they sent us home with lots of the extra food boxed up, and they had our cake boxed up as well. I would say don’t expect anything crazy fancy with food or service, but they did a good job and everything worked out in the end!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Emily Koe · Married on 11/08/2018

2.4
      3.0
      3.0
      2.0

Delicious food, sub par service

Food was delicious, but the kitchen staff had a lot of problems the day of the event (super late food, missing dish). We rolled with it and were offered a discount to compensate, but never got it. Communication during event planning and after was poor.

Sent on 11/20/2019