Gala Cuisine Reviews

Gala Cuisine 5
  • Larissa

Larissa Rimm · Married on 11/01/2019

Great bang for buck!

Everyone loved the food and they were the fairest priced in northern virginia. So glad we went with them. Absolutely zero complaints or concerns. Awesome food at an awesome price. Do it!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • PhiAnh08

Phi Anh Nguyen · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing food!

We hired Laura from Iconic Events to assist us with the catering process. Gala Cuisine catered our wedding at the Oak Barn at Loyalty in Leesburg. Our wedding was a blend of the groom’s family, American and (bride) my family, Vietnamese. From both sides, we got universal praise including some food snobs. We did buffet style and everything was all fresh and hot. I am so glad we did the beef tenderloin carving station. That was my favorite and a crowd-pleaser for sure. Our venue owners attended our wedding and don’t like traditional wedding buffets because it tends to be bland or dry but they were complimentary and surprised how much they enjoyed it. They allowed us to bring our own containers to box up leftovers and boy, we got to enjoy more of it afterwards.

All the furniture and dishes ware was in good shape. I am very pleased they left the barn in sparklingly clean condition and helped clean and take out the trash in our bridal suite.

As a bride, I was getting constant attention with food and drinks throughout the night – thank you!

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Lennie

Lennie · Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful Wedding

My daughter's wedding was held at Raspberry Plain Manor, one of the Gala Cuisine sites, on 9/7/19. It was truly a wonderful event. The staff was very responsive to requests from both our planner and me directly, in a timely and friendly manner. The food was wonderful.
    I highly recommend Nicholas and his staff.

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Heather

Heather Adams · Married on 06/15/2019

Gala food for wedding!

I booked our wedding at Raspberry Plain Manor and had Gala Cuisine do our food for the event! It was the best decision we made! The food was amazing and the guests LOVED it! I am so happy with everything and glad we had them as our vendor. Even the gluten free and vegetarian food was a hit. We were happy that the kids meals were perfect for the kids as well. Thank you for all of your hard work!

Gala Cuisine 6
    Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Alyce

Alyce · Married on 05/26/2019

Delicious food

We used Gala cuisine as part of Rose Hill Manors catering offer and we're truly satisfying! The tasting was above and beyond , because they offered us three to four more options then we requested to try. And with that, we were able to choose a crowd favourite. Not only did the tasting go well, but the ladies there supporting us gave really great ideas for our wedding. Also, all of our guests raved about how good the food was! Thank you Gala!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 05/10/2019

Best food ever

Gala Cuisine was the in-house caterer for our venue, Raspberry Plain Manor, and boy, are we glad they were! We were thrilled with our tasting and the food on the day of was just as good or better! EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE raved about the food! We are 3 months our from our wedding and guests are still telling us we had the best food at a wedding they have ever had! Our only regret is that we didn't ask them to box up some food for us to take home with us!! Loved Gala Cuisine!!

Gala Cuisine 7
    Gala Cuisine 8
    Gala Cuisine 9
    Sent on 08/02/2019
  • cindy

cindy · Married on 09/25/2016

The food was a hit at the wedding !
    We got married at Rose hill manor who partners with Gala Cuisine for catering. We were assisted every step of the way, picking a menu, selecting linen, setting up the venue , everything. I has always welcomed with a smile and alot of patience, especially from Elizabeth. Sammy was extremely flexible and responsive to any every request , I could not be any more thankful for such an amazing experience. On the day of the wedding, the staff came together and made my dreams come true! They were kind to my guests and packed up my cake and everything. There was even a day of the event coordinator present to hold my train and keep the wedding on schedule. Don't skip on having the service you deserve on your special day for a reasonable price.

Sent on 02/14/2017

sheku · Married on 06/05/2015

The management at fox chase manor are incredibly good, there was no better venue than fox chase manor. My wife and i are so happy about the choice we made to have our wedding at fox chase and moreover our guests were so happy with the venue because it was so classy and they have a good time. We were treated with respect and it was fun. Overall everything was perfect the owner Sammy was with us all the way to the party at night what a wonderful team they had at fox chase.
    If we going to any function in the future we will surely go directly to fox chase.

Sent on 09/03/2015

Gala Cuisine's reply:

Thank you for your review , Please keep sending us your feedback!

Payal · Married on 12/27/2014

We had our daughter wedding and we had a great experience, Sammy and his staff worked with us in a wonderful way, they were very helpful, they took the responsibility off our hand, once things were discussed they knew exactly what we wanted and they accommodated in every way.
    The venue is beautiful and our guests were all happy.

Sent on 02/05/2015

Nabila · Married on 12/22/2014

We had our eldest daughters wedding at Fox Chase Manor and worked with Sammy and the staff at Gala Cuisine. The experience was amazing, and beyond what we expected. Weddings are super stressful and this was huge for us being that it was the first wedding of our family. Sammy and his team were able to coordinate everything and provide top quality service ranging from the food to the DJ, Decorations, and Stage. I recommend this company to anyone trying to plan a wedding event and book a hall. Sammy gave amazing advice, and made us put together a wonderful series of events for our daughter. Couldn't ask for more !!!

Sent on 01/16/2015

We received excellent service and value. They were very flexible with the special diatery needs of several of our guests. Many of our guests told us how wonderful the food was. Thank you for making our day extra special.

Sent on 11/16/2014

Laura · Married on 09/20/2014

Their food is amazing! We are very picky about food and how it's cooked. Our tasting was okay and we were not impressed with the steak at the tasting but the day of, it was perfect. Every guest commented on how delicious the food was. I wish I could have eaten more!

Sent on 10/14/2014
  • Z

Zohra · Married on 05/18/2014

We had our son's Valima at Foxchase and the food was from Gala Cusine. Each and every guest of ours loved food, from appetizers to main course to dessert . Everything was delicious.

Sent on 05/30/2014

Anyone who has arranged an Indian wedding knows fully well how daunting and nerve racking the task can be – so many vendors, so many steps and guests who are not easy to please. So when time came for our younger son’s wedding in 2014, we launched our search to find a better way – an all-inclusive package.
    Starting point in our search was the Washingtonian Magazine’s Wedding Guide which listed details and phone numbers for all major wedding venues in D.C. metro area. Very few offered an all-inclusive package for Indian wedding. Those which did, wanted an outrageous price for the convenience. This was until we called the Fox Chase Manor. The General Manager Sammy was very knowledgeable about Indian weddings, answered all our questions and offered us an all-inclusive package at a very good price which included all vendors plus the services of two professionally trained wedding planners (Imagine that).
    We only had 10 weeks to plan the event but with Sammy and his staff with us every step of the way, it was easy. As a client of the Fox Chase Manor we received a very positive and accommodative treatment with each vendor. Within the broad guidelines given by Sammy we were able to select everything upscale. Because of the all-inclusive package, there was no effort to nickel and dime us or to sell us additional things.
    The best part was that children under 5 were free and they get a chair. As Indians we know how precious children are in any of our event.
    The choice of our vendors for the March 2014 wedding at the Fox Chase Manor was as follows: Bombay Tandoor and Gala Cuisine for food, Stylish Click for Videography, photography and DJ, Party land for decorations and Indorama for cake. The wedding and reception were a grand success, flawless. Our heartfelt thanks to Sammy and his associates, and the vendors for their hard work and cooperation for a job well done. Thank you Sammy!!!

Sent on 07/29/2014

This place is absolutely gorgeous Foxchase Manor was always a venue I had wanted to use and when we met with Paty we didn't have the need to search anywhere else. I could have not been happier with their services because from the start Paty was always a step ahead of me with all the details. Plus at the tasting, I was FLOORED at how amazing the food was. I am someone who generally thinks of wedding food as being barely tolerable.. Paty became our event coordinator, and from when I started working with her, she was genuinely interested in to making our day less stressful and happy memory. When I would write her an email asking a specific question she would answer all my questions right away or even called me back. The day before the wedding I would contact her making some requests and she still fulfill them.

The night of the wedding, my husband and I and the bridal party snuck into the ballroom and they had appetizers and drinks in the room for us. The rest of the guests were in the cocktail room closed behind the curtains. We got to look at everything before everyone. The wait staff was very attentive and accommodating all night long. Food was really important to me, and it was even better then the tasting. Everyone still compliments how good the food was and the fact that everyone decided the amount of their serving size and could also have seconds. Throughout the whole night Paty made sure the entire event ran smoothly, I can’t say one thing went wrong because I would be lying. Even after the wedding they took care of all the cleaning and packed leftover food that was nicely packaged, leftover liquor, and any remaining items that were found to be picked up the next day.

If you want an amazing location with the best staff I would DEFINITELY recommend speaking with Paty.

Sent on 04/14/2014
  • User3382045 · 2+ years ago

I don't know how to thank Sammy and his staff from Foxchase Manor for everything they did for us. They truly made our wedding dream come true. Without them our wedding wouldn't have been as wonderful as it was. Foxchase was actually the first venue we went to look at for our reception and after speaking to Sammy and his amazing and sweet personality we didn't need to look further more. They are highly professional, responsive, and work with everything and all your needs. I value and respect their work a lot. There was a possibility of snow for that weekend and they were already thinking ahead for us for back up plans in case things were going to be bad. It was something we hadn't even thought about with all the stress of planning. The venue is spacious and gorgeous with open windows. No hotel can beat it. We catered our food from them as well and every single guest of ours (350+) said how amazing the food tasted and majority asked us where we had catered our food from. I would highly highly highly recommend them and if I have any future events I know who to go to. I already have a couple friends who are planning to have their events at Foxchase and cater from Gala Cuisine.

Thank you Foxchase and Gala Cuisine and Staff for making my wedding the best and making my dream come true.

Sent on 03/06/2014

Anas · Married on 10/25/2013

The team and owner did a wonderful job making sure my wedding went as planned. the Owner was with us one step at time covered all the basic plus adding a new flavor to the wedding. I really appreciated the owner time he gave my wife and I 100%! of his time to walk through. appetizer and buffet at my wedding was absolutely amazing, everyone loved it. price was great it fit the budget. Thanks for making my wedding one of the best day of my life

Sent on 12/16/2013

ashley · Married on 09/22/2013

(Please see my review on Rose Hill Manor-- Gala is owned by them and the reviews overlap!)

When we first had our tasting, we didn't think that the food the day of the wedding could be so amazing: but it was! All of the food was to die for. The meats were tender and bursting with flavor, and the sides were seasoned to perfect and absolutely delectable. Every one of my guests complimented on how delicious the food was. We chose to have the dinner buffet style, which was perfect with the diverse diets we had amongst our guests.

The appetizers were just as delicious. While we were getting our photos done, a server even came to bring us some on a platter, along with some drinks. When my husband described an appetizer he wanted served, our event coordinator Allison created several recipes in her own home trying to figure out what it was. We had a stationary appetizer as well as two served appetizers.

The bar set up was perfect as well. We were allowed to bring our own alcohol and they provided all the non-alocholic mixers/drinks/sodas. A coffee and tea bar was a nice touch on their part as well.

Overall, everything was perfect. The price is incredibly affordable and reasonable compared to other vendors. We paid per person for everything: appetizers, dinner, servers, cake cutting, bar tender, and not to mention: the site itself for 9 hours, tables, linens, table settings.... everything per person! It is an amazing deal at a stunning location (Rose Hill Manor).

All of my guests were amazed at the wonderful job they did with the food and putting everything together.

Sent on 09/30/2013

masuda · Married on 08/18/2013

I used Gala Cuisine for two of my events. My henna and wedding. The team and owner did a wonderful job making sure my events went as planned. There was one hiccup that I brought up to the owner and he made sure to go above and beyond to compensate for it and put me, his customer, first. I really appreciated that and the initiative the owner took to give me 110%! I also got RAVE reviews of the appetizer and buffet at my wedding! The food was absolutely amazing, everyone loved it from the sambosa to the chicken kabob to the meat and rice dishes to the ice cream and rasmalai dessert - the list goes on. Thanks for making my wedding a success with great food and great professionalism!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Rabia · Married on 08/16/2013

Food was excellent! My parents and in-laws were very particular about the food. We set up two food tastings the chef did an amazing job meeting all of our requirements. Our guests raved about the food at our wedding and all asked who was the caterer. We could not be happier with Gala Cuisine!

Sent on 12/09/2013
  • Z

Zee · Married on 08/16/2013

I cannot began to describe our amazing experience at Foxchase with Sammy and the rest of the crew. Weddings can be so hectic but Sammy made sure everything was smooth and breezy for us. He took care of everything from the decoration to the food. Both of which were excellent and we received a lot of compliments, especially on the food. We had a 3-day event, all of which we celebrated at the Manor. Even after 6 months of being married, my wife and I cannot believe what a dream wedding we had and all thanks and appreciation to Sammy.

Sent on 04/01/2014

Pierina · Married on 08/03/2013

Gala Cuisine, did a deliciously wonderful job. I recently married and my wedding menu was great. We chose a Seared Salmon & Filet Mignon roast.

The seared Salmon, was juicy, well seasoned, the way a Salmon deserves to be prepared.
    The Filet Mignon cooked medium as we asked, flavorful, tender, not dry. Delicious
    Our side courses, a penne alfredo pasta, green beans, and mashed potatoes. All wonderful

Our guests were very pleased with the passed hor dorves, the crab cakes, and chicken empanada's were a hit. Our guests indulged and kept telling us the food was great!

Highly Recommended!

You will not regret, Ask for Sammy & Allison!!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Let me just say our food was Absolutely Delicious!!! It was just as good as our tasting if not better!!! The presentation was great. I highly, highly recommend using Gala Cuisine for catering. We are still getting compliments from our guests about how good the food was!!

Sent on 12/26/2013

Juliette · Married on 05/18/2013

I have always heard that wedding food is usually mediocre, so I was so surprised at my wedding when I ate a full plate of food with my husband and we both couldn't believe how good it was. ALL and I mean ALL of my guests commented on how good the food was, and how surprised they were that it was so good! I am so thankful to Gala Cuisine that they did such a good job on the food, because the food really can make or break a wedding, and determines if the guests will really enjoy it or not. Gala Cuisine also provided a variety of drinks, so no one was stuck with just water or tea. Their service was spectacular, they were so professional and helpful, and Sami event lent me some equipment I needed. The only thing I regret is not getting any leftovers, because by the time my parents left the wedding after collecting everything they needed to bring home, they forgot to bring home the extra food, and we think it may have been thrown out. Sami was awesome, and I definitely recommend him!

Sent on 05/29/2013

sadaf · Married on 05/11/2013

I got married several weeks ago at Rose Hill Manor in Leesburg, and our event was catered by Gala Cuisine. I can'ot say enough wonderful things about Sammy, the manager/owner and his staff! Sammy is an absolute pleasure to work with. He listens and takes note of what you want and executes it on the day of. The food was fantastic (and we were extremely picky with the Persian food we wanted served), the service was great, and the staff was just beyond excellent. Whenever I have a need for any sort of catering, I will always go to Sammy and Gala Cuisine and would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 05/24/2013