Function 1 Entertainment Reviews

45 | North Richland Hills, TX

45 Reviews for Function 1 Entertainment

April · Married on 06/22/2013

Darin was great! I met him at a bridal show and my mother, now mother in law, and myself thought he was a perfect fit! Very easy to work with and responds to calls/emails quickly. The night before the wedding, we decided to change the timeline that we had previously met with Darin to set. I emailed him at the rehearsal dinner and the morning of the wedding with the changes, and he made sure to update his timelines and keep everything moving at the reception. I would recommend Darin 100%! He made my reception a great celebration for us and all of our friends/family!

Sent on 06/29/2013

Darin was completely awesome to work with! It was an easy decision to hire him for our wedding because of his many years of experience, but also because of his well priced rates. His song selection is extensive as is his knowledge and ability with what he can do with the music. He got my wedding guests onto the dance floor and had them dancing all night long! Without a doubt I would hire him for any function requiring a DJ!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Debbi · Married on 04/06/2013

Darin was absolutely wonderful. He was easy to work with, very responsive to any questions we had during the planning of the wedding and reception and had wonderful suggestions for songs when we were stumped. Darin also put together a timeline for the events during the wedding and kept everything on track and flowing smoothly which was a huge task with our crowd. We will definitley recommend him to friends and family.

Sent on 04/09/2013

Amanda · Married on 04/06/2013

Phenomenal job!!! The Right DJ can either make your event memorable, or a boring night where the crowd drifts away early. Darin had everyone enjoying themselves until the lights were turned off- we almost had to make people go home sine they didn't want the night to end.

This DJ knows music and is the first I've seen who plays to the crowd with selections for everyone. He knows how to get everyone on the dance floor having a great time. He plays the best music because he asks the right questions, knows what is next on the agenda, serves as the Master of Ceremonies with ease, engages the crowd, and has the perfect suggestions for what to play from the cocktail hour to cutting the cake. I've recommended him to my friend in NY as I know he will do an incredible job for them.

Darin finds songs that we hadn't heard in years and has everyone there reminiscing and thoroughly enjoying themselves. He plays what current, too. The compliments from the crowd said everything - all night long folks asked me how I found the DJ and he was the best they've heard!

Thanks, Darin- for doing such a sensational and superb job! Our wedding was the BEST ever, because of you!

Sent on 04/10/2013
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 03/17/2013

DJ Darin is amazing and Function 1 Entertainment is classy and as the kids say "legit". He knows what he is doing and you can trust that what you want to happen, will happen. You have no surprises as to "is he going to talk too much?" - is he "one of those flashy annoying DJ's who think they are cool"...He is the quintessential DJ and I highly recommend Function 1 Entertainment for your party/wedding/event need. As a matter of fact, several of my engaged friends have already booked him for their upcoming wedding. I have been in the service industry for almost 20 years and customer service industry for the same, which means I have very high expectations for people in the same industry. I will recommend Darin and Function 1 Entertainment to anyone and everyone and I know 100% that they will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/14/2013

niki · Married on 10/06/2012

Darin did such an amazing job. He adds little touches that not everyone would think about and he pays attention to detail. The sound quality was great and he does a wonderful job of feeling the crowd out to keep the party going. I will absolutely use him again and recommend him to others.

Sent on 10/09/2012
  • Megan & Levi

Megan & Levi · Married on 10/06/2012

Darin was by far the most wonderful last minute addition to our wedding. We had previously considered having a friend DJ to save some money, but that would have been a serious mistake. Darin was worth every penny and more! The music is the life and blood of any party, and ours would not have been the same without his expert services. He was so easy to work with, and very helpful in helping us decide how to make our reception something people would be talking about for a long time. Good Job Darin!!! We could not be more pleased and would recoomend you to anyone hosting an important event. Thank you for taking the stress and burden off of us! You pretty much saved the day, and we will always be grateful you were available :-)

Sent on 10/17/2012

Kenny · Married on 09/15/2012

Darin definately is skilled and talented at his craft. Darin was flexible and able to assist with matters beyond just the deejaying duties. I would definately reccomend and use Darin's services in the future.

A · event on 06/16/2012

Great Job. Kept the crowd entertained

Sent on 10/29/2012

Daniel · Married on 04/14/2012

Darin, @ Function 1 Entertainment, provided a relaxing atmoshere during Dinner @ my wife and I's reception. When it was time to dance, he had everyone on the dancefloor having a good time! He was professional, and exciting. There were several people asking him to come and DJ an afterparty as well. They did not want the music and good times to stop. Darin was also versitile and flexible with the Music. He was able to play all the songs we chose and he filled in excellent songs at key moments to add to the dignity and ambiance of this special occasion. He was expirienced and knowledgable with Weddings Receptions and he gave excellent advice and pointers that added to our enjoyment and our guests enjoyment.

I would not only recommend Darin and Function 1 Entertainment to my friends, and family, but I will no doubt be looking to use him at all partys, anniversaries, graduations and events that I plan in the future. I feel like I still owe him for a job so well done! Excellent DJ & EMCEE!

Sent on 04/09/2013
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 03/31/2012

Darin was the PERFECT DJ! He is so professional and organized! Darin has a lot of experience and it shows in his work! I will and have referred him to everyone I know! I can definitely say I got the bang for my buck! I had so many people come up to me at the wedding and tell me this is the funnest wedding they had been to and I believe I owe that to Darin! He kept my dance floor moving and grooving :)

Sent on 04/16/2012

misty · Married on 03/10/2012

He is the best! Played good music for the group there. Had a variety and kept everyone entertained and dancing. Very funny too! :) Even had people commenting on how good my DJ was and wanted his info. Defintley would recommend!

Aaron · Married on 01/14/2012

The music was great. He played everything we asked. All our guest were satisfied they loved the dj. I've recommended him to other people.

Miranda · Married on 10/25/2014

Darin did a awesome job at my wedding he was very helpful and when thinks needed to be changed he was prompt and flexible.

Sent on 12/03/2014

Kaley · Married on 03/26/2016

Darin of Function 1 Entertainment was everything we were looking for in a wedding DJ and more. He came referred to me by my best friend, who had hired him for her wedding as well, so we knew firsthand Darin's talent, professionalism, and experience. He was incredibly knowledgable, had excellent ideas and recommendations, and kept the party going throughout the entire reception. He played all of the ceremony music to a T as well, including the altered beginning of the song I walked down the aisle to. He was on cue, the selections were on point, and he remained extremely friendly and professional throughout every meeting and crazy question I had :) In Darin, you not only get a skilled DJ, you get a hard-working coordinator and MC, too.

In addition, my dad had secretly recorded a song for me to be played during our father/daughter dance and Darin helped him coordinate and pull off the surprise perfectly. He also expertly handled the worries and concerns of the very stressed out Father of the Bride, probably getting himself quite the un-needed ear full, but remaining calm and hopefully realizing that the stress wasn't directed towards him, it was just the accumulation of a very chaotic, nerve-inducing morning ;)

I couldn't recommend Function 1 Entertainment enough. I got nothing but rave reviews and Darin was an absolute breeze to work with!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Darin was amazing!!! Very helpful, professional, detailed oriented and a true problem solver! Our wedding reception had a great flow and he was able to play music in both English and Spanish! Our guest had a great time, but most importantly, the bride and groom had a blast! We highly recommend Darin.

Sent on 11/23/2015

Scott · Married on 05/03/2014

Darin did an amazing job with our wedding, a few hiccups in the beginning with sound/song track issues, but that was quickly resolved without hesitation. He has a great selection of various song titles and themes. Overall performance was outstanding and we highly recommend his services.

Sent on 06/13/2014
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 10/01/2011

Darin was positively awesome! He met with my husband and I, had meetings with all of our vendors, set up and made sure everyone had a super great time. I was really particular about not wanting a "cheesy" experience and Darin made my wedding feel classy, and kept people dancing all evening. He was really organized and made the day flawless. One of the things I really liked, is that he worked with us on a timeline for the evening and made sure everyone stuck to it. He was great!

Sent on 10/12/2012

3.5

Darin was just great!! Handled everything with such professionalism. He played the music that most of the guests just loved, especially the younger ones. He tailored the songs for the occasion and kept the place moving and dancing. My only wish is that he'd brought the slide projector for the instance pictures. I highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a hip, cool DJ for their party.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Darin was an awesome DJ and helped make our wedding reception perfect. We received many, many compliments on our DJ and the music he played. He fulfilled all of our song must-haves and guest requests, and then chose comparable music to fill out the reception and provide the perfect experience. His professionalism and attention to providing everything we would want in a DJ was clear from our very first meeting. He also provides a much better price than many other DJs in the area without skimping on the value. Highly recommended to everyone searching for a wedding DJ.

Sent on 03/01/2016