Fun in the Sun Weddings Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Justyna B. Married on 02/19/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Photographer in Quintana Roo! :)

I recently had my DREAM wedding at Dreams Tulum in Mexico. During the planning process, Gillian from Fun in the Sun Weddings was the first person I reached out to for guidance based on all the wonderful recommendations she had given me when we were planning our visit in 2021 for our engagement shoot. She definitely steered me in the right direction as always, and luckily for me, also attended the wedding and even ended up doing one of the church readings. Gillian definitely helped me to relax and go with the flow during the day, especially when the priest was over an hour late!

Upon our decision to have a destination wedding in Tulum, it was a no-brainer that Marc from Fun in the Sun Weddings would be our wedding photographer. We had such an amazing experience shooting our engagement photos with him in 2021 (with amazing outcomes), I knew he was someone who would make us feel comfortable and jubilant during a highly stressful day! As soon as he arrived in the bridal suite while I was getting ready I breathed a sigh of relief and my anxiety came down a few notches. Throughout the day, Marc and his crew including another amazing photographer and videographer created many beautiful moments all while making all the people being photographed laugh and feel at ease. Our family and friends loved him!!

I can't wait for another reason to work with Marc and Gillian again! Maybe a vow renewal in the not so distant future :)

Highly highly recommend this amazing team!!!
    Amanda M. Married on 11/05/2021

Amazing wonderful

Amazing people to work with him would definitely recommend for anybody getting married Or who needs a photographer fun in the sun is the one love love love the work and they very cool people to be around

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Amanda, we are so happy that you and Steven loved your experience with us, and that you love your wedding photos! We wish you the best in this next chapter as husband and wife.
    Kaylan C. Married on 09/02/2021

Professional and hilarious

Marc and his team were absolutely fabulous, so creative, so professional, and had speedy responses! My fiance can be a little up tight about photos but Marc had him laughing the entire time so it felt so natural! I cannot wait to see my professional photos!!! THEIR AMAZING

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Kaylan, we are thrilled that you loved sharing your wedding day with Marc, and that you are happy with your experience with us! We hope to see you and your HUSBAND back our way very soon :)
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Alex L. Married on 04/30/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing wedding photography experience!

My husband, Kyle, and I recently got married on Isla Holbox in Mexico and were fortunate enough to work with Marc and Gillian of Fun in the Sun Weddings. I found Marc and Gillian by conducting an online search for wedding photographers in the area, and came across the Fun In the Sun Weddings website. What immediately stood out to me was their 5 star reviews across the board from all of the clients with whom they have previously worked. I was extremely impressed by the thorough presentation and information on their website from the testimonials, to the package and price breakdowns, to all of the articles written by Gillian about destination weddings, how to plan, weddings during COVID, etc, and also the video of Marc talking so passionately about wedding photography, and his demeanor in general. After our initial phone call with Marc, Kyle and I knew he was the photographer for us. On the administration side, Gillian was absolutely excellent to communicate with over the course of the months leading up to the wedding. She was responsive via email and WhatsApp, helped us coordinate with the videographers, and the payments were made very simple for us (which isn’t always the case when planning anything in a foreign country). The process was smooth and easy and we knew we didn’t need to worry about anything photography or videography wise.

Fast forward to April 29 and 30, 2021, and our wedding on Isla Holbox. Marc took pictures for us at our welcome party as well as our wedding. We both had significant amounts of stress, as brides and grooms do during a wedding, and Marc immediately put us at ease. During the welcome party, he moved around taking pictures with us and our guests seamlessly and easily. During our wedding, he and Gillian gave us a very clear timeline breakdown to help keep us organized, which was incredibly helpful during moments of perceived chaos. We knew exactly what we were supposed to be doing and when from the moment Marc arrived, to the moment he left. He was also very clear about when to time our photos to capture the perfect sunset, which is key for destination wedding photos! Marc was calm, collected, and organized, even once the party started! Most importantly, Marc was so fun to work with as he made us laugh, was easy to talk to, and told great jokes when we were posing for pictures. He knew exactly what to say to put an otherwise camera-shy couple at ease to capture posed and candid photos on this very important day. We couldn’t be happier with our experience. Marc and Gillian are the epitome of professional, but also just great people with whom we would love to hang out over a cold beer or pina colada! We can’t recommend them highly enough.

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Alex, we are thrilled that you enjoyed working with us as much as we did with you! Your Holbox wedding, and the awesome group you brought with you, will always be a happy memory for us. Thanks SO much for choosing us to share the adventure!
  • Romi
    Romi Married on 09/17/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Destination Wedding Photography You Will Find!

I can not say enough good things about Marc, Gillian and Fun In The Sun!! They answered so many questions for me, were so knowledgeable and captured our day perfectly!! Marc was kind, professional and took beautiful beach wedding photos!!! He made it so fun, has a great eye for capturing the moment, and we could not be happier with the results!! It was not easy planning our day from another country, but he helped us find a wedding planner, helped to set up a date and time, scouted a beautiful location for us, and had everything ready to go when we arrived! He even kindly went out of his way and drove us back to our resort!! We are so appreciative and blessed to have found Fun In the Sun and highly recommend them to anyone in need of capturing beautiful memories of their special day!! You can’t go wrong with Marc and Gillian!!

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Awww, Romi! Thank you SO much for your kind words, and we are thrilled that you are happy with your experience with us! Thank you for choosing us to share and capture your elopement adventure. Come back to see us soon!
  • Christie
    Christie M. Married on 06/13/2020

HIGHLY Recommend!!!

Fun in the Sun Weddings literally made our wedding the most special day! Here is our story - Due to Covid19, our wedding was cancelled twice. At the last minute, we decided to plan a small ceremony in Mexico while vacationing with my dad. We had 1.5 weeks to plan the event and then, the original photographer backed out of the contract 3 days before the event. Feeling completely defeated by 2020 and devastated by another setback, I took a chance and looked for another photographer at the last minute. I found Fun in the Sun Weddings and emailed an inquiry. Gillian responded immediately and we were on our way to the most amazing experience. We only needed a photographer, but she offered to help with other vendors, etc if we needed. She went out of her way to make me feel like everything was going to be ok. She essentially held my hand throughout the entire process which means more to me than she will ever know. I was doing everything alone, without any other women there for support. Gillian became that for me in those few days and I will be forever grateful. Marc was also absolutely amazing! He took over exactly where Gillian left off for the day. He was supportive in every way prior to the wedding and was so much fun to work with during and after the wedding. Beyond the unbelievable personal experience, the photos were numerous and BEAUTIFUL!!!! The process was seamless and the delivery of the photos was fast. I could not have imagined a more perfect event and I owe it all to Marc and Gillian. THANK YOU!! We HIGHLY recommend Fun in the Sun Weddings and hope to use them again in the future!!!

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Christie, this makes us SO HAPPY! Our own wedding experience was also setback after setback, and is the main motivation for why we do what we do now. It means the world to us that we were able to turn your wedding experience around and make it a positive one. We look forward to seeing you and Juan back our way very soon! Congratulations!
  • Sara
    Sara M. Married on 03/14/2020

Perfect Beach Wedding Photographer

Hiring Fun In The Sun Weddings was honestly the best decision I made for my wedding in Mexico. I had the choice of 2 photographers who came with my wedding package but their style and pricing was awkward and limited. I went off book and found Marc, & Gillian! If you have to pay a guest fee for your resort, JUST DO IT. This photographer is worth every penny. They made everything so easy from the beginning answering all my questions and giving me HONEST advice. Their package deals are amazing and reasonable. The day of the wedding Marc was fantastic! He is funny and made everyone feel so comfortable throughout the day. My whole wedding party was complimenting him and the team. The photos were everything my husband and I hoped for. So natural, beautiful and romantic! I definitely recommend to anyone planning a destination wedding.

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Wow Sara! Thank you SO much for your kind words! We couldn't be happier that you and Nathan loved your experience with us. We hope to see you back our way very soon!
  • Shelby
    Shelby Married on 02/01/2020

Highly Recommend!

I cannot say enough great things about Fun In The Sun Weddings! Marc, Gillian, and their team made everything so easy from the beginning answering all the questions I had and giving me advice. The day of the wedding Marc was fantastic! He was funny and made everyone feel so comfortable throughout the day. I can't tell you how many people complimented him and the team. We just got our photos back and WOW, they are all so beautiful exactly what we expected and hoped for when we booked Fun In The Sun. I would definitely recommend to anyone and hope to book with them again!

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Yay Shelby! We are thrilled that you and Josh loved your experience with us - and especially that you LOVE your wedding photos. Come back to see us again soon!
  • Ginnie
    Ginnie S. Married on 01/18/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Very helpful from start to finish and stunning photos

Gillian and Mark were essential in planning our destination wedding in Tulum, Mexico. Gillian is very responsive via email and extra helpful- sharing her contacts in the region. We were blown away by our photos- the were gorgeous and really captured organic moments which is what we most wanted!

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Oh Ginnie! We are SO happy that you and Reaves are happy with your experience with us. We wish you the best and hope to see you back our way very soon :)
  • Lauren
    Lauren M. Married on 12/07/2019

Perfect Destination Photographer

Got married in Playa del Carmen at the Valentin December 7th, 2019. I highly recommend Fun in the Sun Weddings if you are considering hiring a destination wedding photographer. From initial contact, questions and booking they made it so easy and I felt very taken care of comfortable. Our resort had an in-house photographer but from what I saw online I was convinced I wanted Fun in the Sun and it was well worth the hotels outside vendor fee. On the special day I was immediately comfortable with the photographers (Marc & I forgot the second photographers name but she was the best) as was my husband and our guests. We received our photos ahead of schedule and could not be more pleased with them! It was EXACTLY what I wanted. Job well done!!! If I had to do it all over, I'd book them again in a heartbeat!

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Lauren, we are SO happy that you and Zach are happy with your experience with us! Thank you for sharing, and we hope to see you back our way again very soon :)
  • Natalie
    Natalie M. Married on 02/24/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I'm so happy, I could HUG them!!

Fun In the Sun are simply AMAZING! We found them on Pinterest, and loved their vibrant, fun style of photography! But, they really are more than photographers. From the beginning through to the end they offered endless support, advice, and they create such a relaxed and fun atmosphere! On the day itself we felt comfortable and confident, and it was like having two friends there with you! Their experience and professionalism shines through, allowing you to relax and have the best day! We got our first round of photos through this week and couldn’t be happier with the results, they are seriously talented and genuinely love what they do! Since posting our 'sneak peek' photos on social media, so many people have commented that these photos look like they should be 'in a magazine', or that they're some of the best photos they've ever seen - It truly is mind boggling just how fantastic these photos are. I keep staring at them in disbelief!!! (and in amazement) If you’re thinking about booking Fun In the Sun for your wedding , DO IT!!! You won’t be disappointed. They have captured memories we will cherish for a lifetime! I'm so excited to see the rest of them!!

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

WOW! We are just thrilled that you and Matt are so happy with your experience with us Natalie. Thank you for choosing to share your day with us, and for trusting us with such precious memories!
    Nadine K. Married on 01/10/2019

Highly Recommended

We used Fun In The Sun Wedding in January. Choosing them was one of the best decisions. Not only did Ryan and I love his fun, energetic personality, but our guests loved him too! He has us laughing the whole time. He ensured we got every shot we wanted, timing was coordinated and we were having a good time. Our photos still have us speechless, and we couldn’t be happier. You will not be disappointed!

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Nadine, thanks SO much for your kind words! We are thrilled that you and Ryan are so happy with your experience with us. Come back to see us again soon!
  • Kim
    Kim M. Married on 12/08/2018

Husband wife dream team!

Marc and Gillian were exceptional on the day of our wedding, as well as everything leading up to it! They actually helped me so much with finding/recommending other vendors as well. They are Canadian and definitely hold a standard of Canadian professionalism!
    Marc had as laughing all day and worked so hard to get the best shots! (i.e. running around, climbing on chairs, moving things around, touching up makeup/hair)

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Kim we are SO happy that you are happy! What a beautiful wedding and you were such a stunning bride. We wish you and Lev every happiness in this next chapter of your lives. See you again very soon!
  • Lacy
    Lacy S. Married on 10/03/2018

Best Wedding Ever!!!

AMAZING husband and wife team! We couldn't have pulled off our wedding without them! They went over and beyond to help us with things more than just the photography service. We are forever in Marc and Gillian's debt. The pictures were more beautiful than we could have imagined. Marc caught every moment and emotion throughout the service. I would recommend anyone to use them. Great customer service. They were always quick to respond to emails. They delivered the pictures in the time frame they had promised. Just thinking of them puts a smile on my face. Thanks again for everything!

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Awww! We are thrilled that you are SO happy with your experience with us, Lacy! It has been a true pleasure sharing such a special time in your lives, and thank you for choosing us. We hope you will be back our way very soon :)
  • Reia
    Reia Married on 07/08/2018

You can't go wrong!!

We had a wonderful experience working with Marc and Gillian owners of Fun in The Sun Weddings. Our experience from start to finish was remarkable. They were able to meet our specific needs around time and cost, assisted us in locating other local vendors and on the wedding day Marc delivered. He was on time, calm and fun to be around. He helped us with awesome poses and captured everything we wanted and more, including some precious candids. I absolutely love our photos, and I am so happy that we chose Fun in The Sun weddings. I am very picky about photographers, and it is hard to choose one from far away, however my expectations were met and exceeded. Thanks again for capturing one of the best days of my life!!

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Reia, we are thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations! It has been so fun sharing your wedding adventure! Come back to see us again soon :)
    Melissa Married on 06/02/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Selecting a wedding photographer is a very difficult task, but I couldn't be more thrilled with our choice of Marc and his team at Fun in the Sun Weddings. Our guests loved him and his charismatic personality - he made everyone at ease and had us laughing throughout the day. He also worked extremely hard - he literally was running around and moving furniture, in incredibly warm temps I might add, to make sure we got the best shots possible. Our photos are outstanding and I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend - I promise you won't be disappointed!
    Tania Married on 04/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Gosh where do i start!? Fun in the sun weddings was amazing for the beginning , i was very nervous trying to find a photographer for my destination wedding as i had no clue how to start this process. First thing i looked online and saw the reviews on fun the sun and looked at their profile i loved the pictures and decided to contact them, Gillian was very helpful and answered all my concerns and question i felt comfortable right away and very excited to start everything with them. On the wedding day Mark was fantastic he made everyone feel relaxed he was professional and fun at the same time, he listened to exactly what we wanted! And pictures tuned out just beautiful and amazing ! i recommend Fun the sun weddings to all who are planning a destination wedding great service and amazing people behind it

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Tania! We are thrilled that you are so happy with your beautiful photos, and with your experience with us! That amazing smile of yours made it an extra treat to capture yours and Umberto's special day. We hope you will come see us again soon :)
  • Y
    Yuri Married on 03/03/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Choosing Fun in the Sun as our photographer was one of the best decisions my husband and I made while planning our wedding.

Marc and his team were amazing to work with and really made our special day so memorable.

From the beginning, they made it so easy to feel comfortable in front of the lens and had a great time in the process!

They were always so quick on their feet capturing every special moment of our wedding day!

We just received our pictures and I cannot stop looking at them!!!

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Hooray! Yuri, we are just thrilled that you and Adolfo are SO happy with your photos and your experience with us. It has been such a treat sharing in your wedding adventure, and we can't wait for your anniversary session :)
    Harry Married on 10/28/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    In the months leading up to our wedding in Riviera Maya, we knew we needed to find an amazing photographer to capture one of the most important days of our lives. My now-wife searched and searched and stumbled upon a picture she loved. She found that it was taken by Marc with Fun in the Sun Weddings so she sent an email inquiry and got a response almost straight away from Gillian. The next few weeks, we went over the details and we were sure we had made the right decision to hire Marc to photograph our wedding. The big day came and everything was such a blur. With so many things going on, it was impossible for us to focus on all the details. Marc was fantastic in his organisation, professionalism, and sense of humour. He knew exactly what needed to be captured and how best to accomplish it. He was so much fun to work with and was able to set everyone at ease. Fast forward a few weeks to when we received the pictures and we were blown away! We were obviously already fans of Marc's style but the photographs went far beyond, even our expectations. There is no way we could've chosen a better photographer. Despite the day being a blur for us, we will always have these incredible images to look back on to remember what an amazing day we had. To anyone getting married or just needing family pictures taken, we cannot recommend Fun In The Sun Weddings enough.
    Amber Married on 11/19/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We used Fun In The Sun Weddings for photography at our beach wedding at Finest Playa Mujeres in Cancun. We did the Sandy Toes package + an extra hour and it was perfect. Marc was such fun to work with, he's casual but professional and immediately made us all feel comfortable. He already knew the best photo ops at the resort and we loved his photography direction! Marc and his wife Gillian are quick to respond and were both very helpful during the planning process. They ask the right questions to understand your style and preference upfront which I really appreciated. I highly recommend using them for a wedding in the Cancun area!
    Michelle Married on 09/26/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Marc and Jillian are both AMAZING! It was the name that originally got my attention, from the very first email, you know that you are good in hands, with the polite and quick responses. Marc has an incredible talent and really makes you feel comfortable and ensures you are having FUN on your big day - you can feel is excitement from the moment he walks in! I just received my photos back - and all I can say is WOW - I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. There are so many beautiful moments and fantastic facial expressions captured naturally - looking through them brings me back to that special day. I STRONGLY recommend Fun in The Sun for the most amazing experience!
    Kelly Married on 07/23/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We got married in Cancun in July 2016. Marc was absolutely amazing. His fun personality made the whole picture taking experience a blast. He is so funny but very professional. He makes you feel like you've known him forever! He fulfilled every request I had, and even remembered all of my pinterest board ideas I wanted. He was very good at telling you how to pose or what to do in the shot. He also got a lot of candid photos which we wanted. He has a great eye, a beautiful talent, and gift which you can tell photography is his passion-which clearly reflects in his work. His wife Gillian is very diligent on responding to emails in a timely manner and addressing all questions/concerns. We received so many compliments on our photos and everyone loved Marc. All of our guests thought he was so much fun. We've had multiple professional photos taken and hands down this was by far the best experience and best results. I wish they lived in the USA so I could use them again! We would definitely refer them to anyone who is looking for beautiful photos and a fun time doing it at a very reasonable price. We cannot thank Marc enough for capturing such beautiful moments of our wedding. If I could give a 10 star I would!!
    Sophie Married on 07/12/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We hired Marc to work with our family friend as a second photographer. They worked so well together and made our day absolutely incredible. We had a couple issues getting ready and he was great at getting all our photos of the dress done while I needed to organize myself. It was very relaxed but still lots of fun!

The ceremony was amazing, and my father in law said that he was incredible at getting the photos we needed but still making the ceremony sacred and not distracting our guests from the ceremony itself. It was especially impressive because the church was so tiny!!!!

Our creative photos were fun and romantic! And we had a wonderful time!! We felt very comfortable and we had a lot of laughs while getting some beautiful photos.

Marc and Gillian went above and beyond for us, meeting us over skype and being available at the specific time we requested. We would recommend Fun in the Sun Weddings to any couple looking to get beautiful photos, have a good time and feel very relaxed while it all happens!

Thank you Marc and Gillian!!!!
    Shane Married on 06/23/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Fun in the Sun Weddings was recommended to me by my wedding planner and after looking at their website and photo gallery, I knew they would be a perfect fit for the vibe we wanted! So happy we went with them! Choosing a photographer for a destination wedding can be tricky and Gillian and Marc are the perfect team to make you feel at ease. Gillian was always quick to respond to any questions and we had an great time with Marc the day of the wedding as he was taking pictures of us getting down on the dance floor. People can't stop gushing over how awesome our pictures turned out (with the help of mother nature and those storm clouds!) and I have to agree. :) Thanks Marc and Gillian for everything!!
    Jot Married on 06/11/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We highly recommend Fun In The Sun Weddings. They took amazing pictures of our wedding. Marc was super energetic and worked really hard to get the best pictures. If you are having a wedding in Mexico, use these guys.
illustration stars