Fun in the Sun Weddings Reviews

38 Reviews for Fun in the Sun Weddings

• Kaylan

Kaylan C. · Getting married on 09/02/2021

Professional and hilarious

Marc and his team were absolutely fabulous, so creative, so professional, and had speedy responses! My fiance can be a little up tight about photos but Marc had him laughing the entire time so it felt so natural! I cannot wait to see my professional photos!!! THEIR AMAZING

Sent on 02/28/2020

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Kaylan, we are thrilled that you loved sharing your wedding day with Marc, and that you are happy with your experience with us! We hope to see you and your HUSBAND back our way very soon :)
  • Romi

Romi · Married on 09/17/2020

Best Destination Wedding Photography You Will Find!

I can not say enough good things about Marc, Gillian and Fun In The Sun!! They answered so many questions for me, were so knowledgeable and captured our day perfectly!! Marc was kind, professional and took beautiful beach wedding photos!!! He made it so fun, has a great eye for capturing the moment, and we could not be happier with the results!! It was not easy planning our day from another country, but he helped us find a wedding planner, helped to set up a date and time, scouted a beautiful location for us, and had everything ready to go when we arrived! He even kindly went out of his way and drove us back to our resort!! We are so appreciative and blessed to have found Fun In the Sun and highly recommend them to anyone in need of capturing beautiful memories of their special day!! You can’t go wrong with Marc and Gillian!!

Sent on 10/01/2020

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Awww, Romi! Thank you SO much for your kind words, and we are thrilled that you are happy with your experience with us! Thank you for choosing us to share and capture your elopement adventure. Come back to see us soon!
  • Christie

Christie M. · Married on 06/13/2020

HIGHLY Recommend!!!

Fun in the Sun Weddings literally made our wedding the most special day! Here is our story - Due to Covid19, our wedding was cancelled twice. At the last minute, we decided to plan a small ceremony in Mexico while vacationing with my dad. We had 1.5 weeks to plan the event and then, the original photographer backed out of the contract 3 days before the event. Feeling completely defeated by 2020 and devastated by another setback, I took a chance and looked for another photographer at the last minute. I found Fun in the Sun Weddings and emailed an inquiry. Gillian responded immediately and we were on our way to the most amazing experience. We only needed a photographer, but she offered to help with other vendors, etc if we needed. She went out of her way to make me feel like everything was going to be ok. She essentially held my hand throughout the entire process which means more to me than she will ever know. I was doing everything alone, without any other women there for support. Gillian became that for me in those few days and I will be forever grateful. Marc was also absolutely amazing! He took over exactly where Gillian left off for the day. He was supportive in every way prior to the wedding and was so much fun to work with during and after the wedding. Beyond the unbelievable personal experience, the photos were numerous and BEAUTIFUL!!!! The process was seamless and the delivery of the photos was fast. I could not have imagined a more perfect event and I owe it all to Marc and Gillian. THANK YOU!! We HIGHLY recommend Fun in the Sun Weddings and hope to use them again in the future!!!

Sent on 08/30/2020

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Christie, this makes us SO HAPPY! Our own wedding experience was also setback after setback, and is the main motivation for why we do what we do now. It means the world to us that we were able to turn your wedding experience around and make it a positive one. We look forward to seeing you and Juan back our way very soon! Congratulations!
  • Sara

Sara M. · Married on 03/14/2020

Perfect Beach Wedding Photographer

Hiring Fun In The Sun Weddings was honestly the best decision I made for my wedding in Mexico. I had the choice of 2 photographers who came with my wedding package but their style and pricing was awkward and limited. I went off book and found Marc, & Gillian! If you have to pay a guest fee for your resort, JUST DO IT. This photographer is worth every penny. They made everything so easy from the beginning answering all my questions and giving me HONEST advice. Their package deals are amazing and reasonable. The day of the wedding Marc was fantastic! He is funny and made everyone feel so comfortable throughout the day. My whole wedding party was complimenting him and the team. The photos were everything my husband and I hoped for. So natural, beautiful and romantic! I definitely recommend to anyone planning a destination wedding.

Sent on 07/01/2020

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Wow Sara! Thank you SO much for your kind words! We couldn't be happier that you and Nathan loved your experience with us. We hope to see you back our way very soon!
  • Shelby

Shelby · Married on 02/01/2020

Highly Recommend!

I cannot say enough great things about Fun In The Sun Weddings! Marc, Gillian, and their team made everything so easy from the beginning answering all the questions I had and giving me advice. The day of the wedding Marc was fantastic! He was funny and made everyone feel so comfortable throughout the day. I can't tell you how many people complimented him and the team. We just got our photos back and WOW, they are all so beautiful exactly what we expected and hoped for when we booked Fun In The Sun. I would definitely recommend to anyone and hope to book with them again!

Sent on 03/25/2020

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Yay Shelby! We are thrilled that you and Josh loved your experience with us - and especially that you LOVE your wedding photos. Come back to see us again soon!
  • Ginnie

Ginnie S. · Married on 01/18/2020

Very helpful from start to finish and stunning photos

Gillian and Mark were essential in planning our destination wedding in Tulum, Mexico. Gillian is very responsive via email and extra helpful- sharing her contacts in the region. We were blown away by our photos- the were gorgeous and really captured organic moments which is what we most wanted!

Sent on 02/28/2020

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Oh Ginnie! We are SO happy that you and Reaves are happy with your experience with us. We wish you the best and hope to see you back our way very soon :)
  • Lauren

Lauren M. · Married on 12/07/2019

Perfect Destination Photographer

Got married in Playa del Carmen at the Valentin December 7th, 2019. I highly recommend Fun in the Sun Weddings if you are considering hiring a destination wedding photographer. From initial contact, questions and booking they made it so easy and I felt very taken care of comfortable. Our resort had an in-house photographer but from what I saw online I was convinced I wanted Fun in the Sun and it was well worth the hotels outside vendor fee. On the special day I was immediately comfortable with the photographers (Marc & I forgot the second photographers name but she was the best) as was my husband and our guests. We received our photos ahead of schedule and could not be more pleased with them! It was EXACTLY what I wanted. Job well done!!! If I had to do it all over, I'd book them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 01/28/2020

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Lauren, we are SO happy that you and Zach are happy with your experience with us! Thank you for sharing, and we hope to see you back our way again very soon :)
  • Natalie

Natalie M. · Married on 02/24/2019

I'm so happy, I could HUG them!!

Fun In the Sun are simply AMAZING! We found them on Pinterest, and loved their vibrant, fun style of photography! But, they really are more than photographers. From the beginning through to the end they offered endless support, advice, and they create such a relaxed and fun atmosphere! On the day itself we felt comfortable and confident, and it was like having two friends there with you! Their experience and professionalism shines through, allowing you to relax and have the best day! We got our first round of photos through this week and couldn’t be happier with the results, they are seriously talented and genuinely love what they do! Since posting our 'sneak peek' photos on social media, so many people have commented that these photos look like they should be 'in a magazine', or that they're some of the best photos they've ever seen - It truly is mind boggling just how fantastic these photos are. I keep staring at them in disbelief!!! (and in amazement) If you’re thinking about booking Fun In the Sun for your wedding , DO IT!!! You won’t be disappointed. They have captured memories we will cherish for a lifetime! I'm so excited to see the rest of them!!

Sent on 03/16/2019

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

WOW! We are just thrilled that you and Matt are so happy with your experience with us Natalie. Thank you for choosing to share your day with us, and for trusting us with such precious memories!

Nadine K. · Married on 01/10/2019

Highly Recommended

We used Fun In The Sun Wedding in January. Choosing them was one of the best decisions. Not only did Ryan and I love his fun, energetic personality, but our guests loved him too! He has us laughing the whole time. He ensured we got every shot we wanted, timing was coordinated and we were having a good time. Our photos still have us speechless, and we couldn’t be happier. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 02/21/2019

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Nadine, thanks SO much for your kind words! We are thrilled that you and Ryan are so happy with your experience with us. Come back to see us again soon!
  • Kim

Kim M. · Married on 12/08/2018

Husband wife dream team!

Marc and Gillian were exceptional on the day of our wedding, as well as everything leading up to it! They actually helped me so much with finding/recommending other vendors as well. They are Canadian and definitely hold a standard of Canadian professionalism!
    Marc had as laughing all day and worked so hard to get the best shots! (i.e. running around, climbing on chairs, moving things around, touching up makeup/hair)

Sent on 12/13/2018

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Kim we are SO happy that you are happy! What a beautiful wedding and you were such a stunning bride. We wish you and Lev every happiness in this next chapter of your lives. See you again very soon!
  • Lacy

Lacy S. · Married on 10/03/2018

Best Wedding Ever!!!

AMAZING husband and wife team! We couldn't have pulled off our wedding without them! They went over and beyond to help us with things more than just the photography service. We are forever in Marc and Gillian's debt. The pictures were more beautiful than we could have imagined. Marc caught every moment and emotion throughout the service. I would recommend anyone to use them. Great customer service. They were always quick to respond to emails. They delivered the pictures in the time frame they had promised. Just thinking of them puts a smile on my face. Thanks again for everything!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Awww! We are thrilled that you are SO happy with your experience with us, Lacy! It has been a true pleasure sharing such a special time in your lives, and thank you for choosing us. We hope you will be back our way very soon :)
  • Reia

Reia · Married on 07/08/2018

You can't go wrong!!

We had a wonderful experience working with Marc and Gillian owners of Fun in The Sun Weddings. Our experience from start to finish was remarkable. They were able to meet our specific needs around time and cost, assisted us in locating other local vendors and on the wedding day Marc delivered. He was on time, calm and fun to be around. He helped us with awesome poses and captured everything we wanted and more, including some precious candids. I absolutely love our photos, and I am so happy that we chose Fun in The Sun weddings. I am very picky about photographers, and it is hard to choose one from far away, however my expectations were met and exceeded. Thanks again for capturing one of the best days of my life!!

Sent on 05/13/2020

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Reia, we are thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations! It has been so fun sharing your wedding adventure! Come back to see us again soon :)

Melissa · Married on 06/02/2018

Selecting a wedding photographer is a very difficult task, but I couldn't be more thrilled with our choice of Marc and his team at Fun in the Sun Weddings. Our guests loved him and his charismatic personality - he made everyone at ease and had us laughing throughout the day. He also worked extremely hard - he literally was running around and moving furniture, in incredibly warm temps I might add, to make sure we got the best shots possible. Our photos are outstanding and I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend - I promise you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Tania · Married on 04/06/2018

Gosh where do i start!? Fun in the sun weddings was amazing for the beginning , i was very nervous trying to find a photographer for my destination wedding as i had no clue how to start this process. First thing i looked online and saw the reviews on fun the sun and looked at their profile i loved the pictures and decided to contact them, Gillian was very helpful and answered all my concerns and question i felt comfortable right away and very excited to start everything with them. On the wedding day Mark was fantastic he made everyone feel relaxed he was professional and fun at the same time, he listened to exactly what we wanted! And pictures tuned out just beautiful and amazing ! i recommend Fun the sun weddings to all who are planning a destination wedding great service and amazing people behind it

Sent on 05/18/2018

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Tania! We are thrilled that you are so happy with your beautiful photos, and with your experience with us! That amazing smile of yours made it an extra treat to capture yours and Umberto's special day. We hope you will come see us again soon :)
  • Y

Yuri · Married on 03/03/2018

Choosing Fun in the Sun as our photographer was one of the best decisions my husband and I made while planning our wedding.

Marc and his team were amazing to work with and really made our special day so memorable.

From the beginning, they made it so easy to feel comfortable in front of the lens and had a great time in the process!

They were always so quick on their feet capturing every special moment of our wedding day!

We just received our pictures and I cannot stop looking at them!!!

Sent on 04/11/2018

Fun in the Sun Weddings's reply:

Hooray! Yuri, we are just thrilled that you and Adolfo are SO happy with your photos and your experience with us. It has been such a treat sharing in your wedding adventure, and we can't wait for your anniversary session :)

Harry · Married on 10/28/2017

In the months leading up to our wedding in Riviera Maya, we knew we needed to find an amazing photographer to capture one of the most important days of our lives. My now-wife searched and searched and stumbled upon a picture she loved. She found that it was taken by Marc with Fun in the Sun Weddings so she sent an email inquiry and got a response almost straight away from Gillian. The next few weeks, we went over the details and we were sure we had made the right decision to hire Marc to photograph our wedding. The big day came and everything was such a blur. With so many things going on, it was impossible for us to focus on all the details. Marc was fantastic in his organisation, professionalism, and sense of humour. He knew exactly what needed to be captured and how best to accomplish it. He was so much fun to work with and was able to set everyone at ease. Fast forward a few weeks to when we received the pictures and we were blown away! We were obviously already fans of Marc's style but the photographs went far beyond, even our expectations. There is no way we could've chosen a better photographer. Despite the day being a blur for us, we will always have these incredible images to look back on to remember what an amazing day we had. To anyone getting married or just needing family pictures taken, we cannot recommend Fun In The Sun Weddings enough.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Amber · Married on 11/19/2016

We used Fun In The Sun Weddings for photography at our beach wedding at Finest Playa Mujeres in Cancun. We did the Sandy Toes package + an extra hour and it was perfect. Marc was such fun to work with, he's casual but professional and immediately made us all feel comfortable. He already knew the best photo ops at the resort and we loved his photography direction! Marc and his wife Gillian are quick to respond and were both very helpful during the planning process. They ask the right questions to understand your style and preference upfront which I really appreciated. I highly recommend using them for a wedding in the Cancun area!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Michelle · Married on 09/26/2016

Marc and Jillian are both AMAZING! It was the name that originally got my attention, from the very first email, you know that you are good in hands, with the polite and quick responses. Marc has an incredible talent and really makes you feel comfortable and ensures you are having FUN on your big day - you can feel is excitement from the moment he walks in! I just received my photos back - and all I can say is WOW - I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. There are so many beautiful moments and fantastic facial expressions captured naturally - looking through them brings me back to that special day. I STRONGLY recommend Fun in The Sun for the most amazing experience!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Kelly · Married on 07/23/2016

We got married in Cancun in July 2016. Marc was absolutely amazing. His fun personality made the whole picture taking experience a blast. He is so funny but very professional. He makes you feel like you've known him forever! He fulfilled every request I had, and even remembered all of my pinterest board ideas I wanted. He was very good at telling you how to pose or what to do in the shot. He also got a lot of candid photos which we wanted. He has a great eye, a beautiful talent, and gift which you can tell photography is his passion-which clearly reflects in his work. His wife Gillian is very diligent on responding to emails in a timely manner and addressing all questions/concerns. We received so many compliments on our photos and everyone loved Marc. All of our guests thought he was so much fun. We've had multiple professional photos taken and hands down this was by far the best experience and best results. I wish they lived in the USA so I could use them again! We would definitely refer them to anyone who is looking for beautiful photos and a fun time doing it at a very reasonable price. We cannot thank Marc enough for capturing such beautiful moments of our wedding. If I could give a 10 star I would!!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Sophie · Married on 07/12/2016

We hired Marc to work with our family friend as a second photographer. They worked so well together and made our day absolutely incredible. We had a couple issues getting ready and he was great at getting all our photos of the dress done while I needed to organize myself. It was very relaxed but still lots of fun!

The ceremony was amazing, and my father in law said that he was incredible at getting the photos we needed but still making the ceremony sacred and not distracting our guests from the ceremony itself. It was especially impressive because the church was so tiny!!!!

Our creative photos were fun and romantic! And we had a wonderful time!! We felt very comfortable and we had a lot of laughs while getting some beautiful photos.

Marc and Gillian went above and beyond for us, meeting us over skype and being available at the specific time we requested. We would recommend Fun in the Sun Weddings to any couple looking to get beautiful photos, have a good time and feel very relaxed while it all happens!

Thank you Marc and Gillian!!!!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Shane · Married on 06/23/2016

Fun in the Sun Weddings was recommended to me by my wedding planner and after looking at their website and photo gallery, I knew they would be a perfect fit for the vibe we wanted! So happy we went with them! Choosing a photographer for a destination wedding can be tricky and Gillian and Marc are the perfect team to make you feel at ease. Gillian was always quick to respond to any questions and we had an great time with Marc the day of the wedding as he was taking pictures of us getting down on the dance floor. People can't stop gushing over how awesome our pictures turned out (with the help of mother nature and those storm clouds!) and I have to agree. :) Thanks Marc and Gillian for everything!!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Jot · Married on 06/11/2016

We highly recommend Fun In The Sun Weddings. They took amazing pictures of our wedding. Marc was super energetic and worked really hard to get the best pictures. If you are having a wedding in Mexico, use these guys.

Sent on 08/01/2016

My husband and I used Fun In The Sun Weddings as the photographers for our wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Our travel agent recommended Gillian and Marc, after viewing their work we decided to hire them to capture our special day. Initial contact was quick and easy, I always received a timely reply and had any questions and concerns answered. Gillian also made me feel at ease about any wedding day concerns I had. On the day of our wedding my husband and I along with our family and friends were so impressed with the service. They truly made us feel at ease and were so fun! Marc had great ideas for poses, locations around the resort etc and the photos are stunning! We could not be any happier with the final product, our photos are beautiful and creative. We are 100% satisfied and would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 06/19/2016

You cannot go wrong booking Fun in the Sun Weddings for your wedding photos. We live in the United States and planned a destination wedding in the Riveria Maya. It was a bit nerve racking to book something so important based on emails and a website but Fun in the Sun Weddings does not disappoint. They are simply outstanding. Communication throughout the whole process was superb. We felt comfortable with them from the minute we met. Within a week of returning from our vacation our sneak peak was ready and within two weeks we had our online gallery. Marc and Shari captured moments from that day that I have not seen in anyone elses portfolio. There are so many "real" moments that are documented from our big day and they take me right back to that special place and time. I can only hope that we will return to the Riviera Maya again some day and will be able to work with them again on another special life moment. You guys rock!

Sent on 03/15/2016

Dara · Married on 02/01/2016

We couldn't have been more pleased with the job Fun In The Sun did with our wedding photos. They were very professional and captured some amazing shots that we will treasure for the rest of our lives. They were a pleasure to work with, and a lot of fun too! Highly recommended :)

Dara & Evan