Frosted Reviews

107 | Dayton, OH

107 Reviews for Frosted

Melissa at Frosted was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was perfectly professional, wonderfully helpful, and exceptionally accommodating. The cupcakes that we ordered were delivered promptly, set up beautifully, and were absolutely delicious! Nearly a year later we still hear people raving about the cupcakes! The value for money was fantastic, and the peace of mind afforded us by a the confident and competent professionals at Frosted made the desserts one of the simplest and smoothest aspects of the whole wedding day. We cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 04/28/2014
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 05/26/2013

Melissa is fantastic! Our wedding cake couldn't have been better!! So delicious and incredibly reasonable pricing.

Sent on 09/30/2013

Linda · Married on 05/18/2013

We had a great experience with Frosted as our wedding cake vendor! Our cake was delicious (we had the yellow cake with buttercream icing and strawberry filling) and beautiful! Melissa made the cake just as we discussed in terms of decorations and everyone commented on how beautiful it was! I also felt that it was reasonably priced. In addition, Melissa was extremely easy to work with and always returned my emails/phone calls promptly. I can't even express how excited we were to come back from our honeymoon and find out that the top tier of my wedding cake had not been cut into at our reception, so we had extra cake after all! (It didn't my husband and me long to devour it!) I can't wait until next year when Melissa makes us a small cake for our 1st anniversary!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Carla · Married on 04/20/2013

I loved my cake! I made last minute changes and everything turned out wonderful! Frosted was great when letting me try flavors and fillings. I would recommend them!

Sent on 05/29/2013

Andrea · Married on 12/30/2012

We had used Frosted for my brother's wedding cake a year prior to my wedding. I knew there was no other person I would go through. The cake is delcious and the choices seem unlimited. We went with three different flavors, each with a different filling. My husband and I both wish we would have gotten more cake but the guests really enjoyed it. I had people weeks later telling me how they were craving it. Amazing job! We did just regular frosting with a paisley piping on it. It looked beautiful and elegant and was such a great price. Overall experience with Frosted was amazing, once again!

Sent on 01/10/2013

Maggie · Married on 11/03/2012

Not only was my wedding cake delicious, but it was gorgeous as well! It matched our vision exactly and we received many compliments from our guests. Melissa was professional, timely, organized and a pleasure to work with. I would recommend Frosted for any of your cake/cupcake needs.

Sent on 04/16/2013

Kimberly · Married on 10/27/2012

My cake from Frosted was amazing! Melissa is so easy to work with and very helpful. I told her what I wanted. She was able to come up with the price as we sat at the consultation. Which was great. We were able to sample 3 cakes and 3 fillings and were able to pick from all the options on her website. We met a few weeks before the wedding. I was able to show her a picture of elements on my cake that I wanted. We chose red velvet with Bavarian cream, strawberry with strawberry filling and chocolate chip cake with chocolate ganache. The cake was so good! I was eating it for days after the wedding. It was fresh and moist. And the design came out great. I trusted her to include the elements I wanted and she did an awesome job. She was also very helpful because I wanted take home boxed for my guests, so she called the cake supply store, got the pricing and picked up the boxes for me and dropped them off with my cake. I can't wait to order another cake from Frosted.

Sent on 11/15/2012

Frosted's reply:

Thank you Kim! It was a pleasure working with you - Congratulations, we look forward to hearing from you again!

Jeanette · Married on 10/20/2012

Frosted was AMAZING. The cake was more than what I could have ever imagined and it was the best cake I have ever had. I have had so many guests ask who did our cake because it was the best cake they had ever had as well. Even my wedding ceremony coordinator asked me who made it because she wanted to recommend them to the next brides she worked with!! I would HIGHLY recommend Frosted. Melissa is awesome and so easy to work with, not to mention she had a good way of understanding what I wanted even when I couldn't explain it to her very well.

Sent on 12/05/2012

Frosted's reply:

Thank you Jeanette - it was a pleasure working with family!

Celeste · Married on 10/12/2012

We used Frosted for our daughter's wedding cake. Our daughter lives out of town and she and her fiance were not available to attend the initial tasting. Melissa at Frosted let my husband and I attend the tasting, and then held a second tasting for our daughter and her fiance so they could choose the cake flavors. Melissa did an outstanding job - the beautiful design of the icing resembled the lace on the bride's wedding gown. Our guests ate everything! Some guests tried more than one flavor!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Frosted's reply:

Thank you Celeste - we loved the cake stand you picked out - it was perfect! Best Wishes!

Abby · Married on 04/14/2012

I bought a white cake with raspberry filling and white icing. I received so many compliments at the reception and everyone wanted to know where it came from. It was also beautiful to look at, the scroll work was very professionally done and visually appealing.

Sent on 04/18/2012

Erin · Married on 10/01/2011

Melissa was absolutely wonderful to work with! I gave her a picture of my cupcake wedding idea and it turned out exactly like the photo.....stunning! Melissa also made sure my day worry free. I didn't have to worry about any details in terms of delivery and set up she took care of everything! I would without any hesitation recommend Frosted as your wedding cake vendor you won't disappointed!

Sent on 10/10/2011
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 09/24/2011

From the initial wedding cake consultation to the actual wedding day services, my husband and I couldn't of been more pleased with Frosted! The cake flavor choices and availability of options in itself are great!! Not to mention how yummy and delicious the cake actually is. Our guests kept asking us all night where we got our cake from : )

Sent on 10/14/2011

Kelly · Married on 06/12/2011

Frosted was amazing!! Melissa was so nice, helpful and responsive. We went to other cake places but picked Frosted because we liked Melissa the best and the cakes were great. We gave her an idea of what we wanted and she did exactly what I wanted and beautifully! She gave me advice on the size and number of flowers I would want for my size cake which helped tremendously. I even love that she reminded us to consider that the bottom layer is the layering you feed to each other (i.e. don't pick chocolate if you have a white dress and are smashing on each others faces!). She responded to every request quickly, was easy to work with, and gave us confidence that she would get the job done right. She kept every single commitment to us. Everyone commented how beautiful and delicious the cake was!! I'm excited for our anniversary so we can eat the top! This was a very no hassle aspect of the wedding for us which was amazing. Pick Frosted and you won't regret it!!

Sent on 06/28/2011

Michelle · Married on 04/30/2011

This is by far the BEST baker I have met. Her cakes are delicious and fresh. Our cake was perfect and exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 05/13/2011

Jennifer · Married on 02/19/2011

Melissa provided us with an amazing wedding cake. She was able to capture our vision and worked within our budget. We received many compliments about how delicious the cake was. We will remember Frosted for future events.

Sent on 06/27/2011

Hteaher · Married on 02/12/2011

Frosted was amazing! Melissa made my wedding cake and not only was it BEAUTIFUL, but tasted amazing! She was very helpful the whole process and reponded quickly and fully everytime I had a question. I would recommend her to anyone needing a cake for a special occasion! :)

Sent on 02/22/2011

Amanda · Married on 12/18/2010

Melissa was awesome to work with! I lived in hawaii while planning my wedding in dayton so we did everything through email. I showed her my colors and style and she designed a gorgeous cake. Their cakepops were very tempting but my husband is so traditional, he wanted cake. The price was amazingly reasonable as well. And of course the cake was delicious. There are a number of things I would change now looking back on my day, but Frosted igs definitely not one of them.

Sent on 01/29/2011

Janelle · Married on 12/11/2010

Frosted was FABULOUS!! The cake was everything we wanted, and even when the top layer was served at our wedding, they were willing to make us another top layer to have ready for pick up when we dropped of the stand!! I would highly recommend Frosted for any event!!!

Teresa · Married on 10/31/2010

We had a Halloween wedding which a lot of people found to be out of the ordinary and Frosted did a great job of capturing that feel with the cake. We also had a groom's cake done that had video game characters on it and the job they did was great. The figures looked so much like the real thing it was amazing. Melissa at Frosted was very helpful in giving us ideas as to what would work on the cake and when we saw the cake at the wedding you could tell they put a lot of thought and care into it.

Sent on 02/28/2011

Kati · Married on 10/30/2010

I absolutely loved working with Melissa at Frosted! She made the most amazing cupcake tower for our wedding. Not only were the cupcakes delicious but they were huge! Melissa was very flexible and willing to help us out with anything we needed throughout the planning process. She even helped us find a florist that worked with Frosted to provide discounts when you booked with both. I would definitely use Frosted again for future cakes and would highly recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 11/06/2010

Kristen · Married on 09/04/2010

I had compared a few local bakers and Frosted by FAR had the best prices for the quality of cake.. It was absolutely delicious AND looked better than anything I imagined!

Erin · Married on 07/24/2010

We were so incredibly pleased with Frosted! Our Cake was GORGEOUS and their professionalism was off the charts!

Sarah · Married on 07/10/2010

Melissa provided me with great services and the most beautiful wedding cake. She exceeded my expectations and I couldn't have been happier with my cake. Not only was it amazing to look at but my guests raved about how good it was too! I would strongly recommend using Frosted for your wedding.

Sent on 07/22/2010

Lindsay · Married on 05/23/2010

Gorgeous and equally delicious cakes-- huge variety of flavors. Loved the Reese's Cup themed grooms cake. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/29/2010

Leah · Married on 05/22/2010

FROSTED cake was wonderful. They made exactly what I wanted and it tasted perfect! I wish I could of ate the whole thing! We did not get any grooms cakes or anything else, just the wedding cake. It was yummy yummy yummy! and very professional looking!

Sent on 06/29/2010