From Brooklyn With Love Reviews

9 | Brooklyn, NY

9 Reviews for From Brooklyn With Love

Caitlin · Married on 08/27/2016

Annie was absolutely amazing. We met a few months prior to discuss preliminary plans and while we had some ideas, Annie really helped us configure things that we weren't sure of. Prior to the big day, Annie was easily accessible and very responsive with some last minute questions/details we had for her. On the day of the wedding, she arrived early and got right to work. She knew exactly what she was doing and while we did have a structured plan of essential shots to take, Annie was very easy going when there was something else we wanted to get as well. She made everyone feel comfortable and we had so much fun taking the pictures throughout! Even in the following days of our wedding, all of our guests were complimenting her work, her professionalism, yet her easy goingness that helped set the tone for our big day.

Sent on 08/31/2016

Maddy · Married on 06/11/2016

Annie was incredibly helpful, conscientious and easy to work with during our engagement photo shoot in Central Park! We met EARLY in the morning and Annie was right on time and waiting with a smile. She made sure that my fiance and I were happy with how the process felt and how the photos turned out. Annie gave us options for poses, but also made sure to capture candid moments as well. The photos were sent to us really quickly and in two file sizes, which made printing them for save the dates a snap! Annie even held our gargantuan balloons when they weren't needed in the shot. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Christopher · Married on 05/29/2016

We were extremely pleased with the photographer, Annie; she was a pleasure to work with, super fun and took some really amazing photos. She even happily accommodated our idea of taking funny photos of the guests with props during the party, rather than just taking the usual unflattering pictures of sweaty dancers. She had an excellent knowledge of ideal shot locations in Brooklyn and was quite proficient at shepherding the cumbersome wedding party between locations. We highly recommend FBTL and Annie to any future couples.

Sent on 08/18/2016

Doug · Married on 09/20/2015

I have never been comfortable in front of the camera...ever; I often produce a nervous smile and an awkward pose that seems to devalue the picture, no matter if I'm the only subject or not. So once engaged and preparing for a wedding, I knew that it would be impossible to avoid this anathema. At first, my fiancé and I were not interested in doing engagement photos but then decided that in order to help me with this problem, we would have them done. We hired Annie based on a friend's recommendation and headed to Governor's Island/Brooklyn Bridge Park. She was such a pleasure to work with - very easygoing yet professional and knowledgeable on how best to present ourselves in these photos (more so myself, since my soon-to-be wife photographs very well and doesn't need any extra help). Annie had the utmost patience and experience in working with guys like me who do not necessarily enjoy having their photo taken. After our session was complete, I found that I had enjoyed the whole experience and was more relaxed than I thought I would be. We were especially pleased after we received our photos from Annie. She definitely has a couple of great eyes and sees opportunities with natural light that I didn't even consider myself while in the moment. We would fly her out to Hawaii for our wedding if she wasn't already booked for the same weekend! At least I can now look forward to taking our wedding photos and not look at that part of our special day with trepidation.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Victoria · Married on 09/20/2015

Annie shot engagement photos for my fiance and me about 6 weeks ago. While we loved the idea of having photos to celebrate this special time in our life, we did not really have a grander vision than that. Annie was instrumental in helping us choose a location based on our personalities, our history together and her knowledge of NYC. Our photo shoot started with a ferry ride to Governor's Island (Annie sweet-talked the ferry operators to give us 10 extra minutes of the ferry alone each way), a stroll around the island (the location of our first date and engagement) and ended on a pier at Brooklyn Bridge Park. Annie went above and beyond to make the whole experience fun, natural, loving and special. Her photos are genuine and honest. Her ease at connecting with us enabled my fiance and me to feel able to be ourselves and completely trust her. Her professional knowledge and understanding of light truly made for romantic, playful and sincere photos. I could not have envisioned a more pleasant experience. Throughout the whole experience, including pre- and post-shoot, I felt comfortable reaching out to Annie about any questions I had, whether it was about location, timing, hair, attire, etc like I was reaching out to a good friend. So grateful Annie could capture such amazing photographs. My fiance and I will treasure them for a lifetime.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Arsix · Married on 07/04/2015

Annie is a great photographer, technically avid and with a great eye for composition. She was able to capture the essence of our day, perfectly balancing a non-intrusive photographic style while able to spot those great moments that seem to fly by. There was one instance where my wife's hair was coming apart, and Annie took a bobby pin out of her own hair to fix the strays - that's dedication to the moment (and a connection consultants rarely make) which only made us feel more comfortable - making even better photos.
    I would hire Annie in an instant, highly recommended, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/09/2015

Danielle · Married on 10/12/2014

As I think about my wedding, and how fast it went, I am so grateful that I chose a photographer who was not only skilled and experienced enough to take the most amazing and interesting photographs of me, my husband, and the people we love, but who was also the kind of person I would be proud to call my friend. I can be rather camera shy, so Annie and I met up a few times before the wedding to make sure our personalities worked together and that we would be comfortable working together, and through this process, we got to know one another. When it came time for the big day, I felt like I had a friend by my side...from getting ready in the hotel room to the goodbye at the end of the night. My sunset ceremony was delayed, and we ended up having very little light to work with, but Annie handled the situation with the most impressive humor and swiftness. There were also a number of children in the wedding that Annie directed and captured the most sentimental images of with grace and ease. I can't say enough! Hire her.... you will be so thankful you did.

Sent on 11/13/2014
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/04/2014

My husband and I hired Anne to take our first anniversary photos. Anne was such a pleasure to work with! My husband and I are not very comfortable having our photos taken but Anne immediately put us at ease. As a result our photographs look natural; not forced at all.

Anne was so easy to work with and was very accommodating. It was very important to me that we recreate a shot from our wedding. She was amazing at directing the shot so that it mimicked the original but still gave it her own unique flair. I cannot wait to hang it next to the original photograph.

Last Anne was extremely professional. She arrived early for our 7am Sunday appointment with a smile on her face and a great attitude (and all without coffee. How is that possible?).

I would highly recommend Anne, and From Brooklyn with Love, to any couple looking for a photographer. I cannot wait to work with Anne again on our future anniversary photographs!

Sent on 01/04/2016

Steven · Married on 05/25/2013

Annie is amazing. Very friendly, open to suggestions, attentive to details (even the littlest things), and displays great artistic ability in taking awesome pictures. Annie helped us capture those special moments for our wedding as well as for my wife's first pregnancy. I'm definitely looking forward to working with Annie again when my wife becomes pregnant with our second child.

Sent on 04/30/2016