9 Reviews for Fripp Island Golf & Beach Resort

Glassware (1)
Linens (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
9 Fripp Island Golf & Beach Resort Reviews

We searched far and wide for the perfect destination for our wedding and when we found Fripp we just fell in love.
Over the course of a year and half of wedding planning, Merissa and the team became an extension of our wedding party! Every email and question we had was answered with professionalism, kindness and excitement about our nuptials. This team will go above and beyond to make your unique wedding dream come true. From beginning to end, Merissa, Shannon, Kathy and Nicole, made our every request a reality. I cannot say enough about the exemplary service we received from Fripp - they made planning our wedding easy and fun and specific to us as a couple.
The island had so many venue choices it was hard to decide where to have our events! The price was so great that we were able to have 3 days of wedding activities for what we would have paid for just the wedding and reception at other venues. We had an oyster roast for our welcome reception that our guests loved! We had a beautiful ceremony on the beach club lawn, a reception at the ocean view room that had incredible views of the Atlantic at sunset and a farewell brunch that was just spectacular! We even added a sunrise yoga session with the bride and golfing with the groom, because there is so much to do on the island, we wanted our guests to take full advantage of everything it had to offer. Your guests will love the beach, the wildlife, the individual rentals, riding around in golf carts and the incredible amenities the resort provides. The island is a perfect piece of paradise and we will continue to vacation there as often as possible, because Fripp Island has become not just where we were married but our home away from home for our entire family!

Profile Picture Karen, 4/21/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Clean Up, Set Up, Wheelchair Access, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Nicole and the staff at the Fripp Island Golf and Beach resort were professional and exceptionally accommodating. The venue is beautiful and perfect for a small intimate wedding. Our family and friends rented multiple houses and all were impressed. If a gorgeous view, a quaint community and fabulous staff are what you're looking for, then Fripp Island is for you!

Profile Picture Shelly, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The staff at Fripp was beyond amazing and were super helpful when our wedding day was interrupted by a tropical storm pre-season. Great value. Great food. Great service.

Profile Picture Jami, 5/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Merissa with Fripp Island Resort was absolutely amazing! I contacted her almost a year and a half in advance and she stuck by me and helped with the entire wedding planning process from start to finish. From the beginning she worked within our small(ish) budget and gave us every possible option (even when we panicked a month before about the weather and our outside venue). On the day of the wedding, she went above and beyond and turned the dinning room of our rented beach house into a real wedding venue buffet complete with food, desert, decor, servers, etc. (I also want to compliment the catering at Fripp Island. Every single one of our guests raved about the food! ) It made our wedding day spectacular! If anyone is contemplating a beach wedding...this is absolutely the best place to do so!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I highly recommend using Fripp Island Resort as your destination wedding venue! Or if you're from near by (like me) it makes you feel like you're a million miles away from home. It is a one stop shop for your wedding venue, food, accommodations, and activities for your guests. There was so much for our friends and family to do I wasn't worried about anything.The staff at the resort is very friendly and accommodating. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding venue. My friends and family are still talking about the wedding!!

Profile Picture Merissa, 10/18/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Ellen Starling is amazing! Through out the planning process, she went above and beyond to make sure that my questons and concern were addressed. As the day drew near, i would email her daily. She was responsive and meet all of our needs.
Her staff members were truly "top-notch" professonals. When there was a mix-up with the rental company, her staff went into action and made sure I had what I needed. They kept an anxious bride stress free!
The venue is beautiful and the scenery memorable! We were on a tight budget and got the place at a "steal" because it was last minute. The only caution i would offer is to read the fine print and make sure you are clear on the taxes, and island fees and additional charges. I'd also encourage future brides to follow through with the menu tasting because if we would have had time, we probably would have made some changes to our selections.

Profile Picture Tracy, 10/20/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Fripp Island was a beautiful place to have a wedding and reception. Everyone in the office was so nice and so happy to help, when you could get in touch with them. I asked them to make changes in the contract, and they were very accomodating. They made sure everything went off without a hitch!!

Profile Picture Martine, 4/17/10, 6 Reviews
3.1

Fripp Island Resort was a fabulous place to hold a wedding. We rented two houses for the Ceremony and for the Reception. Other family and friends rented as well. The one glitch was the desk and security apparently did not know of our wedding and its location. Our caterer got lost and one guest drove in circles on the Island to find her quarters. Otherwise the Island was an ideal spot with abundant wildlife and many things to do.

Profile Picture genny, 4/25/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)