Friends Farm Reviews

80 | Belews Creek, NC

80 Reviews for Friends Farm

Christy · Married on 10/22/2017

I loved the laid back atmosphere of the venue. I didn't care for having to vacate the girls cabin when the hay tractor came to pick us up. I was under the impression that we had the cabin all day, just like the venue. That's the only thing I would have changed if I could. It was stressful trying to empty the cabin out while in formal dresses.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Ashley · Married on 06/13/2015

3.5

Overall our experience with Friends Farm was amazing! It's a lovely farm owned and run by a lovely family. They responded to all of our needs promptly through out the entire wedding process and especially the day of the wedding. We encountered minor issues with the venue such as no air conditioning in the grooms area; so they were sweating as they were getting ready for the wedding which was miserable. The cabin area for the bridal party to get ready was very small so we had to get our hair and makeup done in the salon which made the wedding run late. The cabin also is in definite need of some cleaning and dusting. The owners were very kind and assisted in any way possible to help make the day go smoother. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 07/05/2015

Kirsten · Married on 06/23/2018

4.2
      3.5

My groom and I immediately fell in love with Friends Farm. We toured while it was brown in February and still knew that it would be perfect for us. Overall, we had a great experience, but there were a few things that could have gone more smoothly. We had our DJ switch on us 2 weeks before the wedding (Derrick was great though!), and my parents had to do a lot of the day-of coordinating and set up. Mary & Pat guided us to the altar and set up the table decor/aisles, but other than that my parents did quite a bit.

There was a scare with me forgetting the marriage license, and that could have been handled better by Mary. She put me in a panic and even told my groom that if I looked stressed, that’s why. You have 10 days to submit everything- it wasn’t a big deal, but she made it one.

Mary was very flexible with letting us visit whenever we wanted, all throughout our engagement and the before the rehearsal dinner! Very helpful. She answered our questions very quickly too!

All inclusive brides: lighting is at additional cost and is not incl. with the DJ. Budget accordingly! I also had to get my own knife for the cake and items for the ring bearer/flower girl (these have been left here now-don’t worry future brides!) I felt like those should be included with the all inclusive. We chose Friends Farm because of the beautiful venue and pricing, but please understand that you get what you pay for. All in all, we had an unforgettable & beautiful night despite the hiccups! Thank you!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/22/2018

4.2

It was great working with Friends Farm for my special day!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/22/2018

MaryLynn & her husband have a beautiful venue and were a great help for our special day!

Sent on 10/02/2018