24 Reviews for Friendly Hills Country Club

Specialty Wine (2)
Aisle Runners (2)
Decor (2)
Scenic Views (1)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Wireless Internet (1)
Dessert (1)
Liquor License (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Lighting (1)
Chocolate Fountain (1)

On May 19th, we held our wedding ceremony and reception at Friendly Hills. From our first meeting with Taylor, we felt very confident we were in good hands. The entire process was seamless and well coordinated. The ceremony on the terrace, cocktail hour, followed by dinner and reception flowed perfectly. Both guests and Vendors were impress by the venue, quality and service we received.

Hats Off to the entire Friendly Hills Staff for making our day special

Profile Picture lonnie, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was on May 12, 2018. And our experience from beginning to end at FHCC was just amazing! Jessica Tan was always VERY helpful, kind, patient and very responsive to all our multiples emails/ questions/ requests! She was always very organized and paid very close attention to details. The day of the wedding went very smoothly at FHCC. Every single guest loved the entire ambiance of the venue. And of course, we all loved the view of the beautiful golf course and waterfall. We’ve been to many weddings at different venues, so have our guests. And we were very happy to hear all of our guests (including my husband and myself) LOVED the food! Many of our guests joked, “Okay can we have seconds?” If we could have, we would have loved to meet the chef and the staff and personally thanked them :) I can genuinely say, FHCC made our wedding a dream come true. We were truly blessed to have Jessica there guiding us throughout all the planning. I will most definitely recommend this venue to family and friends for future events. Thank you for everything FHCC!

P.S. The day of our wedding, FHCC gifted us with a bottle of wine sitting at our sweetheart table with a congratulatory note. We were very touched! Thank you again!

Profile Picture Chloe, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine, All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, Chocolate Fountain, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

This place is a hidden gemstone, absolutely beautiful! The venue coordinator, Brittany Kuramoto, was so helpful and patient. She made my life as the bride easier (I didn't hire a wedding coordinator). Thank you, Friendly Hills, for making my big day beautiful!

Profile Picture Doris, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Friendly Hills Country Club is the best ever. We had our wedding there on January 21, 2018. The venue is amazing. Great location for outside wedding, on the golf course. My friends and family enjoy themselves and also the food was great. The staff there was great as well, thank you so much Brittany K. our day was amazing and I want to thank you for all your hard work.
Mr. & Mrs. W

Profile Picture Lashell, 5/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Tastings, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Aisle Runners, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor

I was the wedding coordinator for a wedding here back in November of 2015. Brittany and her staff were incredible. They had two events going on that day, but everything was so seamless that it did not even seem like it. Once the first event was over, they transitioned within a blink of an eye and it was like the reception had been set up the entire morning. They were all more than willing to help with anything that I needed whether it be water, light changes, trash, etc. Brittany was always asking if I needed help and kept checking in to make sure that everything was okay. I would definitely recommend anyone looking for a wedding venue to come check out this beautiful golf course. Not only for the aesthetics, but that you will be taken care of very well for you wedding day!

Profile Picture Jenny, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Indoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Specialty Wine, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

The team at Friendly Hills Country Club helped make our day super special! Christine, the wedding coordinator guided us through the process of booking and setting up our ceremony and reception. Christine did a great job getting me ready to walk down the aisle and reminded me of all the important things you forget to do when you are nervously excited (like breathe...and smile). My husband and I as well as ALL of our guests raved about the perfectly cooked filet minon and beautifully seasoned prawns. Though I was in a bridal fog, I noticed as well as all of our guests how quick and tentative the wait staff was. They catered to all of our guests needs while quickly serving hot food. The entire experience at Friendly Hills Country Club was perfect!

Profile Picture Erin, 7/5/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was a great venue! The service was impeccable and Christine the coordinator was always responsive and flexible. You definitely get your monies worth here with a gorgeous view. I had the bottom room and all the guest raved about the view. They were happy to be able to enjoy the view from the patio.

Profile Picture Ravyn, 5/25/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are no words that can describe my amazing wedding experience this past weekend at Friendly Hills Country Club! I found this beautiful gem on http://WeddingWire.com and so very blessed that this was the one for me! I want to acknowledge Christine Bobadilla and her phenomenal staff for their hard work, professionalism and services in supporting us in creating our vision for our wedding. Christine is hands down the most amazing woman I've met as a coordinator. I never hired a wedding coordinator but she was very attentive, present, on point, supportive and most importantly understanding. My experience for the past 15 months of planning our wedding was a roller coaster of emotions while my husband was on deployment overseas with the Marine Corps. Christine was my rock and listened to my needs, created space, was patient and most of all supported me throughout this journey. She was there every time I called or emailed for the littlest details and answered immediately. She took time to meet with me and my girls in person to coordinate and offer feedback. She is very driven and passionate about her career as a catering director. Thank you Christine!
Friendly Hills Country Club gave me the most amazing experience I could ask for. Their tranquil and private setting accommodated our guests in every which way for an elegant evening filled with fun! The feedback that we received from our guests was that they found this to be absolutely breathtaking and beautiful. It was perfect and we highly recommend this venue to all soon to be brides! Heartfelt Thanks to all Staff! Deborah & Daniel Black

Profile Picture Deborah, 5/4/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue and ceremony site was beautiful, the club house up-to-date and renovated with plenty of parking and a picturesque driveway leading to the club house (unlike a few country clubs we checked out). Christine and the rest of the staff were on it; very nice and accommodating, answering all our questions, letting my bridal party take pictures on the green and giving us use of the golf carts to reach the General Manager's suggested favorite location in the course so the hubby and I could be photographed there. Christine was very flexible with my vendors, letting them set up as early as they needed. The packages offered were reasonable with no fine prints of minimum requirement over the package prices and they didn't nickle and dime you on unnecessary add-ons (I'm looking at your Altadena Country Club and your requirements to hire a valet service and spend at least 40K!)
The food was delicious! Through several opportunities for menu tastings, there wasn't anything that wasn't good (making it surprisingly difficult to finalize our menu), and they met the same level of quality the day of our wedding. The alcohol flowed freely at the full size bar, offering a respectable liquor option for our open bar. And they didn't rush us out even when the party lasted a little longer than expected. Our wedding looked like it was on a higher scale than what our budget really was!

Profile Picture Roselyn, 4/6/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved friendly hills !!! It got the best view for ceremony among all country clubs! The catering manager Christine was super helpful . I had tons of questions but Christine was super patient with me and willing to work through my concerns in which made my whole planning process so smooth. Every guests loved the food and gave great compliments on how good the food was and how amazing , great view it has for wedding. Everyone took alot of pictures here ! During cocktail hour I have specially ordered a mashed potatoe martini bar ; it is actually a mashed potato with assorted vegetables put in a martini glass and top with mini lamb chop! It was the best thing ever! It is not on the menu but I saw it during bridal show event one time that friendly hills hosted. It was too good and I didn't have to add alot of money to it. But I was so happy to hear how My guests love it even after the wedding ! For what friendly hills has to offer, I loved everything about this place- the view, the food, the service , the flexibility, and most importantly the price point was so affordable! It is definitely a place to go if you want the most out of your dollar and a great wedding.

Profile Picture Angela, 11/4/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are not enough words to express how impressed I am by this venue and its staff. The location is absolutely beautiful! The event coordinator, Christine, was straightforward and comfortable to work with...she definitely knows how to organize events! She was always responsive to my many concerns and showed much enthusiasm. We received many compliments on the food and the staff was extremely attentive. This was the BEST decision we could have made for our special day!

Profile Picture katrina, 5/27/12, 2 Reviews

Where shall I start…

This Venue is lovely…from the drive up to the beautiful view of the lake/pond. The inside of the club is warm and intimate – it’s Whittier’s hidden venue! I had no idea it existed.

We had been searching for a wedding venue for months before we visited FHCC. I had started to get a little frustrated (as you all brides know things can a little hectic when you first start planning a wedding). We made an appointment to visit the club and met with Christine Bobadilla. We were greeted by the friendly country club staff and had an extensive talk with Christine about the club, their rules, fees and menus. They were professional and helpful from the start. We decided to go with this venue for our wedding because it all seemed perfect (from the menu to the pricing).

Christine was awesome to work with. I received prompt responses to any and all questions I had (and trust me…I had a lot of questions throughout the year).

Our wedding day was perfect. We had a problem with another vendor (a vendor I hired) and Christine eased my nerves and contacted the vendor so I didn’t have to worry about it on “My Day”. The staff was seriously AMAZING and very attentive the evening/night of the wedding. The room looked perfect and all went just as planned. Our ceremony was held outside overlooking the lake and small waterfall (which made a great backdrop for pictures), and cocktail hour was moved inside the banquet room as it got dark at 5pm (I would have preferred my guests to hang out outside for that hour but it turned out well). The food was really good and best part is that no one complained about their food being cold.

We received tons of compliments for the venue choice, food and service. Christine and the staff took care of nearly every detail they had promised to handle.

5 Stars to Christine and the FHCC Staff!!

Profile Picture Emma, 11/26/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

without a doubt . the absolute best venue for a outdoor wedding. the scenerary was beautiful....... Christine is by far the best you will ever find. She made everythgin go perfect. we were both so nervous that something would go wrong and she made sure that nothign did. The reception was fantastic. the meal was on par with 5 star restaurant. the staff took care of our every need. The best part is it was within our budget and no place we looked at came close the what they offered and the price

Profile Picture warren, 9/6/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Friendly Hills Country Club is the most amazing place for a wedding ceremony and reception!! The views of the waterfall and golf course as the backdrop for the event was breathtaking!!!! The food and service was by far outstanding. All of our guests were amazed at how gorgeous the wedding was and how delicious the food was. The vendor the country club used for the cake was fantastic!!!
Christine Bobadilla the catering director was kind, professional and made sure our wedding was all we dreamed of. She wasFANTASTIC!!!! I can not say enough wonderful things about her. Our wedding was amazing and elegant. Antonio the bartendar kept the drinks flowing and our guests happy.

Profile Picture Angela, 7/25/09, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was beautiful! The coordinator was very professional and everything was put together very well. The staff was extremely friendly and also very professional. The grounds are beautiful and the food was delicious. I have no complaints!

Profile Picture Alyson, 9/29/07, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

THANK YOU, FHCC!!! Last month we had our wedding and chose FHCC to be our venue, and we’re so glad we did! First of all, if you’ve ever been to this country club, you know how gorgeous the venue is. We looked at several venues and FHCC by far was the most stunning given our desired location. We had our reception take place on the second floor with a GREAT view of the golf course and 17 foot high ceilings where we were able to hang drapes and twinkle lights from. From the very beginning the events team had been accommodating, especially given our short wedding timeline of 3 months! Brittany was our point of contact and at every turn she was kind, calm, and professional. You can really tell she loves what she does and has been doing it for a long time. There were no surprises and everything was explained to us clearly, streamlining the process. Even when we made last minute changes, she made every effort to accommodate. And when she couldn't, she tried to find the next best solution for us. (Country Clubs have reputations for being overly strict with rules/policies, so we were surprised when Brittany came up with alternative solutions that worked out well!) Everyone loved the food, and the service team was on point. The only thing that was a bit unfortunate was that we were unable to extend the time of our reception. There was a car show that created a LOT of traffic near the venue on our wedding day, causing us and all of the guests to be late by over an hour. We had to rush through our program and cut out certain parts we had planned just so we could finish on time. However, this wasn’t a deal breaker on how much we enjoyed our day, but something we wished could’ve been worked out... but we understand!!

Either way, we would recommend this venue to anyone thinking of hosting their reception with a team of professionals (thank you, Brittany) and a beautiful location around Whittier, CA.

Profile Picture Lesley, 2/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The food is amazing, the view is gorgeous, parking is convenient for guests, and the value can't be beat. The staff was so on top of things on the day of the wedding and Brittany (events director) was a complete pleasure to work with leading up to the Big Day. We are so happy we went to FHCC for our wedding reception and would choose it again if we had to do it all over again!

Profile Picture Garrett, 11/12/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Parking

It was love at first sight! After looking at this place I knew my fiancee and I had found the one! The reception room is very spacious and the ceremony place is sorrounded by green grass, but the actual place where the ceremony takes place is a trail so it is very convenient for all your female guests and yourself if wearing heels since you won't have to worry about your heel sinking in. Christine the coordinator is very helpful as well!

Profile Picture Helyn, 4/23/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is gorgeous! When first looking for a venue, we had one other place in mind that we were actually favoring based on their website. After visiting both sites there was no comparison. The ceremony site it picturesque, the reception hall was more than spacious enough for our 140 guests, the food is delicious (one of our big key points), and there is an air of exclusivity to the entire location that makes you and your guests feel extra special. Another major selling point is the price. I feel like with the ambiance of the whole place, our wedding looked and felt like a million bucks for actually only a fraction of that.

The only negative (which would be true of any country club I'm sure) was that the course was supposed to close early enough for any lingering golfers to be gone by the time the ceremony started. This didn't end up being the case and there were actually quite a few golfers hanging out, even stopping to watch the ceremony. In the excitment of the day it didn't really matter and I'm not the kind of bride to fret about small stuff like this but just a heads up if you are, you might want to rethink getting married on a golf course.

Profile Picture Stacey, 9/10/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is lovely...the prettiest setting for an outdoor wedding. I only found one other country club venue that compared to this place and it was double in price. it has the nicest backdrop for a wedding, with a lake, bridge, flowers, and green hilly grounds. i have no complaints about the ceremony site. it is absolutely beautiful. as for the reception, the room is a little bit elongated with a couple of load bearing pilars in the center, so it's not my ideal setup. guests had to get out of their seats to see the events happening on the dance floor. but other than that...the place is quite nice...new, modern-looking with high ceilings and a nice big fireplace with floor to ceiling windows where you can look down onto the golf course/lake area. you don't need to add much decor to make this place nice. the food is okay....not bad...but not the greatest...it's a little too saucy, which in my opinion makes it a little less fancy. but it's decent for the price you're paying. the prices here are unbeatable!

Profile Picture jaime, 5/22/10, 5 Reviews
4.7

It was an absolute pleasure working with Christine and Brittany at Friendly Hills Country Club. After a long, extensive search for a golf Course setting in Orange County, we were about to give up because we couldn't find anything that was remotely affordable. At the suggestion of two friends who got married at Friendly Hills, we decided to check it out. I am sooooo happy that we did. It's Whittier's best kept secret. The grounds are gorgeous and well-kept (perfect for photos). The staff was professional and attentive. The food was great. Best of all--- it was extremely affordable! The only downfall is that it is a "Member's Only" club. There were certain restrictions, such as the time that we were allowed to setup our reception area. Also, there were still members sitting outside where the ceremony took place-- which I thought was a little weird. Overall, I had a great experience and would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/7/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Planning, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

It all started out great with Brittany! Met person onsite. Great rapport. Then, after booking, Brittany ended up leaving FHCC. Overall, it was a struggle to ensure everything was met with the new contact. We had to renegotiate all items on the contract. If we had to do it over again, we'd still do it there, but would definitely want to work with Taylor. She was our saving grace and without her, we'd have had even worse of a time. For food - amazing / For drinks - amazing / For wait staff - amazing / For tables, chairs, etc - amazing / For setup - 4 stars as they could have been setup sooner and things went missing at the last minute but were found even after exhaustive planning / For venue contacts - 2.5 stars as they really need to work on this

Profile Picture Allen, 7/7/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Aisle Runners, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Tastings, Uncovered Outdoor, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Catering, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Parking, Wheelchair Access
3.4

Overall, I find this place a good place to hold a reception. The meals were very good - most of the people commented on how the food did not taste like the typical wedding meal.

However, our contact person went on vacation the weekend of our wedding (which we were aware of, going into the planning session), leaving her assistant to organize the seating arrangements. This assistant called my fiance on our wedding day, 10 minutes before he was set to leave for the church to ask for clarification on the seating arrangement. Since he was nowhere near the computer, he called me as I was finishing my make-up. I had to rush to email the seating arrangment to the assistant and when we arrived, our seating arrangment was nowhere like we had planned. My best friend and very good friends were seated in the farthest table from me!

Also, as we were planning the wedding, we saw the pricing list - and wrongly assumed that tax was already included in the price. It was not. We went in to make our final payment, only to be hit with a $3,000+ tax fee. Now, this may be standard practice, but I believe they should have been a bit more clear on this point.

Finally, once we figured out that the tax was going to dramatically deplete our funds, we decided to go one tier down in our meals and instead use some of our deposit towards wine during dinner. Initially, our contact person was ok with this but when my fiance called to confirm, she changed her tune leaving us scrambling to figure out a way to provide wine at our dinner. In the end, she relented and agreed to her initial agreement of using our deposit towards the wine, but this was after many calls.

So, you take the good with the bad I suppose. They do have a beautiful piano in the lounge area which was great! We hired a pianist and it was one of the highlights in our wedding.

Profile Picture Gabriela, 11/28/09, 2 Reviews