FreshTracks Entertainment Reviews

FreshTracks Entertainment 5
FreshTracks Entertainment 6
FreshTracks Entertainment 7

Melissa · Married on 07/07/2017

Rick is by far the best DJ I could've ever hired. He did amazing from the time I first spoke with him until the wedding. All my questions were always answered. If I wanted a recommendation for a song he always sent a full playlist of recommendations. The day/night of the wedding went perfect. No hiccups at all. He keeps the crowd going all night long & is very upbeat & down to earth. I would highly recommend hiring him! He's the BEST & he will make your night run smoothly.

Sent on 09/06/2017

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

Melissa and Brian! The Style and Flow on this wedding was so unique and beautiful. This couple was in madly in love and their story was so apparent throughout their day. the Grooms vows made me laugh and Cry! THE DANCEFLOOR was insane! So much energy with this hot young crowd, and the father of the groom was a dance floor wild man, so much fun.

Jessica · Married on 07/01/2017

Rick is amazing!!! We had him DJ our wedding in July 2017 and had an amazing time. All of our guests had a blast. Rick was so patient with us, we didn't finalize some of our songs until the day before the wedding. He was incredibly responsive to emails and eager to hop on the phone if necessary. Highly recommend FreshTracks!!!

Sent on 02/14/2018

Max · Married on 06/17/2017

Rick was the best wedding DJ anyone could ask for, and certainly the best I’ve ever seen! He kept people dancing all night without a single lull in the action. Months later, guests are still mentioning how great he was and asking whether he does events down in SoCal. He takes such obvious joy and pride in his work, and the result is an incredible time for everyone!

Sent on 12/24/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/10/2017

DJ RICK!!!! He is the man! We had heard rumors from various wedding planners in the Mammoth Lakes area that DJ Rick was the best, so we snagged him as soon as we could and we are very glad we did. We had multiple face-to-face meetings with him in the months before our wedding, and we also talked over FaceTime and email, so we knew that he was committing a lot of time to really customizing the wedding music for us. He is very responsive to email and we found it was very helpful to shoot him a quick message whenever we thought of a song we'd like to hear.

The music was perfect. We had a country-themed wedding and DJ Rick found a good balance between country music and classic wedding hits everyone loves. The dance floor was definitely rocking.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Yea Rachel!
    Your wedding was all time, a most amazing couple! Professionally your wedding exemplified everything I strive for in custom music. I'm not naturally a huge country music guy. "Play Something Country" was the drop of the night for me, so RAD! Through our communications and meetings we really got to know one another. I felt like because of that I was able create a musical energy and timing that really fit you and Andrew. One my challenges with having a wedding go wild like that so early in summer, we set the bar. I'm so joyed to have been a part of your love story, thank you for the kind words. Kick your Boots up!

Melissa · Married on 06/03/2017

Richard was awesome. I was planning my wedding from out of state and he was more than helpful. He was willing to do extra trips to the venue to check it out for us. He made the wedding flow so smoothly and had everyone on the dance floor all night. He made sure to play the songs we requested at the perfect times. The DJ was a huge deal to me and have never experienced him in person I was super nervous when we booked but he did NOT disappoint. I would pay to have him travel to DJ your events! GREAT EXPERIENCE!!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Lara · Married on 01/28/2017

From the moment I heard Rick's voice on the phone I knew he was going to be perfect. High energy, positive vibe, and a great knowledge of all types of music - even the rarest of stuff. My wedding attendees and myself mostly hail from NYC and LA, and I was worried I would have trouble finding a musically savvy DJ. This was not an issue.
    We spoke on the phone, and then he sent me a music mapping outline, where I could include as much - or as little - as I wanted. He took this outline and not only did what I asked, but picked up my style and musical taste and made it even better. He was able to drop an exact moment of an exact song I wanted right after the first kiss, and all while standing outside in the middle of winter (yes, I had an outdoor winter wedding, and he still pulled it off for us).
    He met with us the day before the wedding, and made everything very personal. He really got to know us in that short time, and I can tell he did because his music literally blew my mind. He fed off the crowd hour to hour, he modified what he was playing as the night went on to fit the energy, and I got more questions about "where I flew my DJ in from" than imaginable!
    Besides the music, he kept our wedding on track and basically ran the whole thing - grand entrances, seating, first dances, introductions, speeches - he was a complete professional.
    As a group of people who REALLY take our music experiences seriously, everyone was impressed by him. I am not trying to boast about my own wedding, but I am pretty sure my wedding had the best music I have ever heard. And my guests agreed.
    Overall, if you have Rick as your DJ, it doesn't matter if the flowers are gorgeous, if the linens are white, or if the cake gets delivered - your wedding is going to be amazing, just like mine was. He truly was the key and most central element to what turned out to be the best day and night of my life. And I will always be thankful to him for that. The. Very. Best.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Monique · Married on 01/20/2017

Rick was AMAZING!! From the first day we spoke with him on the phone until the last song at our wedding. He is super helpful , thorough and responds super quick to any questions you have! I had many amazing venders the day of my wedding but,Rick really reached and stretched the entire time to make it exactly what we wanted. He was a party starter and his energy never reached low. We had a blizzard extreme weather wedding and he still managed to get all his equipment up on the gondola, in the snowy blizzard and did it will enthusiasm! If your looking for your wedding dj search no more! Rick is a ROCKSTAR!!!

Sent on 01/27/2017

M&M · Married on 12/10/2016

Look no further! Rick is your man for your wedding DJ! Definitely 5-stars across the board! Rick worked with us on every detail to make our wedding the way we envisioned. He was on time, on point, worked with us closely, and knew exactly what we wanted. Rick was flexible with the details and worked with us even on such a short time-frame. If there was music or sound bits he didn't have, Rick went out of his way to get them so that we could have the wedding reception as we wanted. His enthusiasm and professionalism was consistent since the first day we met and he was very easy to work with. He was quick to respond to emails and overall a great person to work with. Hands down the best! You will not regret booking Fresh Tracks Entertainment for your wedding!
    As huge fans of The Office, it was ironic that Rick is from Scranton, PA. which served as a great marker for the little gifs we wanted to incorporate in our wedding and he was on top of it by reading our sense of humor. Beyond that he was a great resource for other services as well. Two days before the wedding our photo booth guy canceled on us and we reached out to Rick for resources in the area. He first tried to contact that vendor himself, and when that did not work he immediately jumped on an idea he had been contemplating of buying a photo booth service to go on as a package for his DJ service by buying the business off of a friend and thus providing us with the photo booth service as well so that our ideal wedding would be complete. Rick was able to go above and beyond and his passion for music and celebration was evident by the reviews our guests gave us the next day.
    Rick was personable from the get go and even when we ran into him the next morning he was super stoked about the outcome of the wedding and introduced us to his family.
    Rick, and his wife who worked the photo booth at the last minute, are a service you need to have at your wedding!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Kelly · Married on 11/06/2016

Our wedding was almost a year ago and Rick is still memorable to us and all our guests. When it came to planning our wedding after the venue the most important thing to us was the dj. I can't say enough to how amazing Rick was; he kept the flow of our wedding constantly going, knowing when to have an upbeat song or slow down the mood. By far the best wedding dj I've seen in action. I would recommend Rick to any wedding or party in mammoth or within the traveling area. He was definitely a key aspect to our wedding being all we could have asked for.

Sent on 09/05/2016

Bryan · Married on 10/15/2016

DJ Rick is the best! From music during the ceremony to dancing late into the night at the reception DJ Rick never missed a beat. I don't think the dance floor was vacant at any moment from 7pm to midnight. Prior to the big day there is so much interaction with him so he knows how to make everything perfect for you. Thank you Rick for making this day amazing and memorable!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Amy · Married on 10/14/2016

I would have to agree Rick is the best! He can accommodate the most eclectic music tastes I was able to think of. We had him play everything from oldies, outlaw country, 90s hip hop to my favorite Die Antwoord! If your going to go with a dj then just stop looking and hire Rick.

Sent on 03/30/2017

Amy · Married on 10/10/2016

Rick was so awesome! Completely flexible with the songs we really wanted to hear, knew how to read the crowd and when the 90s hip-hop should be switched up for some old time songs to make the older generation happy, and kept the entire wedding on the dance floor the whole night. It was an absolute blast and I highly recommend him!!

Sent on 10/27/2016

This is from an email we sent Rick after our beautiful wedding:

"We wanted to write and thank you so so much for making our wedding day absolutely perfect! From the beautiful ceremony to the spot on music choices throughout the evening to the final culmination of one heck of a dance party, we couldn't of asked for anything more. I have truly never been to a wedding where so many varieties of people were up on the dance floor for so long. The "DJ Rick" program is truly a winner ;). We even heard a story or two of you lending/swapping out a tie with one of our not so careful guests. Perfection!

You are very good at what you do and we are honored to have you be a part of our special day."

Sent on 10/19/2016

Kari · Married on 09/24/2016

I don't even know where to begin with DJ Rick. From our very first meeting he was professional, charismatic and totally pumped to DJ our wedding. After meeting him, it was no question that we would be hiring him for our wedding. Another appealing aspect was his package types, you could choose from just the reception to the full package of ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and after hours (which is what we did). DJ Rick has a fantastic "Music Mapping" system that covers everything from your first dance to which genres you like to get down on the dance floor to or even which songs are "vetoed". And if you don't know what song you want to cut the cake to, Rick can give you suggestions or you can leave it up to him. One of the features that my guests and I loved is the online song requests. My guests were able to request whichever songs they wanted to dance to and had a great time hearing them at the wedding. When it came to the actual day of, everything went so smoothly. The ceremony music sounded great, cocktail music was perfect and when it came time to dance, my husband and I were on the dance floor for most of the evening! You know you have a great DJ when the dance floor is never empty! One of my favorite parts of the night was when the Best Man coordinated with Rick for some musical sound bites during his toast. He had the entire wedding tent rolling with laughter! We paid for the "after hours" music as well and kept the party going until midnight. For the price we paid, DJ Rick was a steal! I would recommend him to anyone getting married in the Mammoth Lakes area. Not only was he a great DJ but a great person to work with, putting in the work to make our day as special and fun as it could be.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Carly · Married on 09/15/2016

Rick was amazing!!! He made our wedding day run seamlessly. We would recommend him to our closest friends and will definitely use him again in the future! Love him!!!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Breezy · Married on 09/03/2016

Loved Rick!! Very easy to work with! We met a couple times throughout the year and had lots of phone calls. He really tried to understand what we wanted. We had an amazing time at our wedding and so did our friends and family! I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. He blew us away. We asked for s good time and we had more than a good time!! Thanks so much Rick for being a part of our wedding!! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Caitlin · Married on 09/01/2016

I'll admit it, the DJ was the most difficult vendor to find... until we met Rick. He is the reason our wedding was so perfect, from start to finish. All of our guests couldn't stop raving about how much fun they had, and how great the music selection was! He had the whole place dancing! Rick was on top of it. He responded right away when we had any questions, and has so much amazing positive energy! If you have ANY event in the Mammoth Lakes area, Rick is your man!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Alyssa · Married on 08/06/2016

DJ Rick was a huge part of why our wedding was so perfect and why our guests had so much fun!!!

We were planning our wedding in our favorite place, Mammoth Lakes, from a different state, so it was tough not meeting any of our vendors beforehand, but let me tell you, DON'T worry about that with Rick. He was super responsive to our phone calls and emails, he sent us helpful documents to help plan our wedding music, and he was even the one who really convinced us to go with our stunning venue - Kerry Meadow!

Not only was he great in helping us prep for the wedding, he KILLED IT on our wedding day. Everyone loved him and the music! His energy was amazing - he got people to dance who "don't dance," he took requests from our guests all night, and him coming out to jam to the "Call Me Maybe" request was one of my favorite things of the reception.

BOOK HIM - YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

Sent on 08/19/2016

When my wife and I first started planning for our wedding, we didn’t know how to start, nor where to begin. I was assigned with finding and interviewing a DJ to help plan our wedding.

I discovered Rick during my research, and I must say, that he is such an amazing person to work with! Starting from the beginning, he was a very easy person to communicate with. He was always responsive to my calls and emails, and always had my questions answered. He made me and my wife feel like his only customers! He worked very closely with us throughout the whole wedding planning process, arranged in person meetings as well as phone meetings to ensure that we are all aligned on the playlist, timing, event announcements, etc…
    Rick’s personality is outgoing, energetic, and fun. During our wedding, he seamlessly transitioned the music from one event to another, and was able to read the crowd perfectly. Rick made it easy for our guests to requests songs before the wedding, and even during the wedding. He’s great with names and speaking publicly without reading any notes. I remembered when he was walking with a microphone, without any notes, and was able to applaud and announce everyone’s names after their speeches about me and my wife.

At least from what I experienced, being a DJ seems like a great fit for Rick. He truly is passionate about the work, and about the music he plays. He seems so natural in what he does, and he’s genuinely a very friendly and funny person. He is very approachable, and is someone you can trust. My wife and I had a pleasure working with him, and we highly recommend him for any DJ services you may need!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Nicholas · Married on 05/29/2016

Look no further! Finding a DJ that fit exactly what we wanted was a top priority in our reception planning. We knew that we were bringing a large group that loves to party, and we needed a Dj capable of matching that energy. DJ Rick absolutely crushed it! The dance floor was packed the entire night. He managed to play all of our must play songs, mix in tons of our guests requests and never skipped a beat. Seriously the best dance party we could have hoped for. A huge thank you to DJ Rick for taking care of such an important part of our night, you are the man!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Laura · Married on 05/27/2016

Rich was awesome - he spent time getting to know us, and played exactly what we wanted. He did a great job of getting the party going, without being too heavy on the mic. Loved him!

Sent on 06/14/2018

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

Laura got after it on some TLC, legend!

Tessa · Married on 05/14/2016

DJ Rick is one of the best choices you will make for your wedding. To start, we were planning a destination wedding in Mammoth and had no idea where to even start for a DJ. We were given a recommendation for Rick and once we had the initial meeting, we knew that Rick was the right choice for our wedding. We have a pretty big group that loves to dance and had no doubt that Rick would be the guy to keep our guests dancing simply based off of his positive energy and passion about what he does. A great bonus is that he is a Mammoth local, so he knows the venues and has some great suggestions for other vendors!!
    Once we booked Rick, he made the entire process seamless. Not only was he very responsive over email and phone, which was a huge help when planning a destination wedding, but also met up with up with us when we went up on vacation just to hang out and brainstorm some song choices.
    Fast forward to the day of...Rick couldn't have been better. He was super organized, but more importantly kept the dance floor packed! His energy and planned song choice never let the party die down; it was awesome to have all ages love the song choice and want to dance the night away. Rick did a great job capturing our us through the music!
    If you are looking for a great DJ and a great person to work with, DJ Rick is your guy. Thanks for an amazing wedding and awesome party, Rick! See you in Mammoth!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Kellie · Married on 05/01/2016

My husband and I planned our wedding in Mammoth from out of town, on a rather tight schedule. We didn't have any recommendations for a dj, so I started calling from a list provided by our venue to see who was available. From my first conversation with Rick, I instantly trusted him and knew he would be a good fit for us. Rick's positive personality and strong music background helped make planning our wedding ceremony and reception music so much easier.

My husband and I live about 6hrs from Mammoth, and we didn't have much availability to come to town to plan our wedding. Rick readily worked with us over the phone and via email, and he also made time to meet with us on a quick visit to assure we had just the right mix of music (since my husband and I have differing tastes in music!). Rick offered awesome suggestions when we were unsure of how to build the mood/ atmosphere we wanted to create at our wedding, and he helped it turn out even better than I could have imagined!

Rick's positive energy, upbeat personality, and willingness to work with a variety of music created the perfect mix for our wedding. He helped me plan several details that I was unsure of, and assured that we had exactly the right music for all the special moments of the ceremony. Our guests had a great time, spoke very highly of Rick, and the dance floor was hopping all night! Rick's energy and dance mix encouraged dancing from both young and old.

When I made some last minute music changes for important songs, Rick said "no problem!" and flawlessly incorporated my changes. I would highly recommend Rick as a wedding dj, his positive personality and enthusiastic approach were greatly appreciated!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Cori · Married on 04/08/2016

Having Rick as our DJ was one of the best decisions we made. Professional, fun and creative he made the daunting task of choosing the right music to not only represent us but shape the feel and mood of our wedding easy and fun. Loved his enthusiasm, suggestions and prompt responses whenever we had a question or idea, you could tell he loves what he does. Many of our guests came up to us and said how much they loved his energetic, bubbly personality, I'd use his services again in a flash and recommend him to my friends and family.

Sent on 04/21/2016
  • Adriana

Adriana Hickman · Married on 03/08/2019

Life of the party

Oh my gosh, DJ Rick made our vow renewal such a fun event. He made it so we didn't have to remind him of anything. The night's activities proceeded smoothly. His super fun, high energy, personality was appreciated by all our guests.

Sent on 03/16/2019

Sonidito!
    Thank you Adriana and Brian! You are a very organized bride, much fun and easy to work with.
    Yours was a most moving ceremony, Brham is amazing.
    I feel so honored to be there at your wedding day and to be a part of your epic love story. Cheers to you and Brian and 27 kids!