FreshTracks Entertainment Reviews

FreshTracks Entertainment 5
FreshTracks Entertainment 6
FreshTracks Entertainment 7

Diana · Married on 04/05/2018

My now hubby & I were married on top of MM April 5th , not only did Rick provide music he looked steller in his grey sporty suit & snowboard boots lol our guest were impressed with his passion for his music & desire to please our crowd ! That parlayed over to the reception at the Village !!!! I to didn't think we had a big dancing crowd , I was proved wrong haha . Rick has so much enthusiasm & energy to give a crowd and they responded until the end of the night !!!!! My husband isn't a big party person or drinker & when I saw him singing & dancing along side his friends it put a smile on my face all night long ! I don't think I've ever seen him have so much fun & partisapate the way he did that night !!!! Thank You Rick for giving us such wonderful memories ❤️ I personally don't remember all of it as brides get caught up in hugs & kisses & greeting friends & family ! But.... I do know I was not worried our friend & family were not having a fabulous time . Best night , Best music !!!!! Memories of the heart for a lifetime ! Thank You my dear new friend !!! Hope to do some riding with you next year hehe I hear you shread hehe

Sent on 04/14/2018
    FreshTracks Entertainment 8
    FreshTracks Entertainment 9
    FreshTracks Entertainment 10
    FreshTracks Entertainment 11

Yea Diana and Johnny,

Diana looked amazing in the fur shawl and her and Johnny slashed down the mountain following their ceremony! I almost lost a few fingers that day playing the processional in my Grey suit and snowboard boots. If these pictures don't tell the whole story winds were touching 40mph and temps were at the 30 degree mark. I will always remember the crowd singing and swaying and embracing one another for a few separate tracks as the night came to a close. Amazing wedding! Yes Diana you and I should catch some FreshTracks on the slopes on day!

Don · Married on 03/11/2018

What can we say about Rick? He was amazing. He brought our wedding to life. We initially told him that we expect the reception to be more of a cocktail hour vibe because we felt our guests were not much of dancers - us included. He proved us wrong. With his energy and song choices, we and 95% of our guests were on the dance floor. We had an amazing night. Rick was friendly, accommodating, and organized. I highly recommend FreshTracks Entertainment and their services.

Sent on 03/27/2018
    FreshTracks Entertainment 12

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

When Don and Christie contacted me we talked about the laid back cocktail vibe and a mellow elegant evening. Things don't always go according to plan and you have to stay open to the moment. I could feel the energy in the room during the early hours of the event, I knew we could get it lit. We got it going on and this intimate white winter wedding was inspired on the dance floor.
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/07/2017

Rick was the perfect DJ/MC! Super fun to work with, high energy, positive, and most importantly, really excellent at what he does!
    From the beginning, I knew that Rick was the right choice for us. He has such a great working knowledge of the different music genres and was extremely organized with his music mapping software. All of these factors came together to make the music planning process less of a chore and more of something that we actually had a great time doing. Rick was easily accessible by phone and knows the Convict Lake venue better than any other DJ. He's your man.

We had some unique music requests from Rick for our wedding and he handled them with ease. His timing with music is so on point and he made the crowd laugh with his occasional musical interjections during funny parts of the toasts. I ended up wanting my own recording of a classical piece to be included in the wedding ceremony, and Rick was able to accommodate easily. He also helped me work and figure out how to interface with the movie projector so that I could connect my own computer at the reception site for a slideshow. Basically, his technical knowledge of things "technology-related" will be a huge asset to you.

During the actual reception, I could not believe how many people remained on the dance floor. DJ Rick was consistently keeping the tracks "fresh" just like his namesake. Again, we have a pretty diverse genre list of things that we like ranging from country to latin/hip-hop beats. Rick was also fantastic at taking requests from the crowd and gauging the types of songs that would keep the most people on the dance floor. I haven't seen a wedding in a long time with that many people dancing and I attribute that to the upbeat and fresh tracks from our awesome DJ. Rick also had so much energy during the night and our guests who interacted with his during the night complimented his high energy style and overall fun vibe that he brought to the night. Thank you Rick!!!

Sent on 11/03/2017
    FreshTracks Entertainment 13
    FreshTracks Entertainment 14

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

Raf and Em's wedding this fall, one of my favorite sets all year! We really connected on a some musical tastes and this crowd was down for a wild ride. We got the energy high! Raf is a true renaissance man, a pleasure to work with he and I coordinated some fun dramatic moments throughout the evening and got some laughs and tears along the way. So grateful to work with couples like Raf and Em.

Valerie · Married on 09/17/2017

You will not go wrong with Rick! He provided sound bites on the spot during our wedding reception speeches. I mean, you can't beat that. He is so fun to work with and provided a fun atmosphere and entertainment for the night. My guests loved him! I can't recommend him enough!!! 10/10

Sent on 10/17/2017

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Valerie. The chicken story during the speeches was hilarious. Glad I could contribute with some comedic timing. Kevin's breakdancing and boyband background surely proved amazing!

Timber · Married on 09/08/2017

Rick was so easy to work with from the early planning stages through the end of our wedding reception. Rick went above and beyond to make sure that everyone at our wedding was having an amazing time. I was constantly receiving compliments from our guests about how great Rick was and how much fun they had at our wedding. He set the bar for the quality of entertainment! 10/10, I would most definitely recommend Rick to anyone who wants their event to go flawlessly.

Sent on 09/26/2017

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

"It's going down, i'm yelling Timber" My man! Timber's wife works in weddings and she has a rad style. She knew exactly what she wanted and I was stoked she chose FreshTracks. We connected musically during our meetings right away and they were very organized. On their wedding day this dance floor was ready to go... I felt the energy coming from the crowd like a tidal wave during the cake cutting! We had the dance floor literally jumping during the cake cutting! Party went so hard off the gates we had to put a cooler on to get into the parent dances. We got into some deep Hip Hop moments, I thought the dance floor lights were a fun add with this crowd. Beautiful Couple, Fun friends and family, Thank you so much.

Abby · Married on 08/25/2017

Best. DJ. Ever.

DJ Rick is not only a legend in Mammoth (I legitimately didn't book my venue until I confirmed he was available), but he's perhaps the best wedding DJ in the world. How do I know? 1) My very international guests could not stop talking about his fresh tracks, often asking "where did you find him?!" and 2) the entire evening culminated with everyone on the dance floor, jumping up and down and dancing like I had never seen them dance before (my husband included!). Thanks to DJ Rick, my wedding turned into a giant dance party and the best night of our lives.

Beyond his insane spinning skills, Rick is hilarious, responsive, organized, thoughtful, and incredibly adaptable. He was an absolute pleasure to correspond with and incredibly timely in his responses. He had a clear plan of what songs we needed to choose for what parts of the day, he had an excellent strategy for managing energy flow throughout the many hours, and he was able to strike an incredible balance between generations of music and my husband's (country/coffeehouse) and my (hip hop/dance) varying tastes in music.

We also rented a photo booth from him (I think this is a new business for Rick) and our guests seemed to love it! We never made it to the booth, though- too busy dancing. :)

Rick provided all of the above at a great price.

If DJ Rick is available, book him immediately. You will never regret it.

Sent on 09/06/2017

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

I can't say enough about Abby and Josh and this amazing and inspiring Double Eagle wedding. I recall the first time Abby contacted me so clearly, I knew they were my "ideal" client. Our communications were always such a joy and left my day for the better. Our communications were plenty. With guests online song requests included (well over 100) Abby, Josh and I had over 220 communications in total.
    I got to know Abby and Josh. I got to know their guests and their music through those requests. Our tastes in music and overall mountain style created a perfect parallel. On their wedding day it may have been the finest set I've ever played. From the ceremony and guests asking "what was that song"? The speeches and the Best Mans San Francisco stories. To the deck rattling, Bride stomping Zedd closer, WOW. I will be forever grateful to Abby and Josh for choosing my services on their wedding day.

Chelsea · Married on 07/29/2017

It was super important to us to have a good dance party at our wedding, and it was very hard to convince my husband to hire a DJ to take the reins. But once we met Rick, we knew it was a perfect match! Rick was super responsive to us throughout the process, and always happy to hop on a call or FaceTime to help us plan the flow of events and give thoughts on music selection. He can curate the whole day for you, or take what you give him and run with it. He also has a fun music request function, which my friends took advantage of (sometimes to a problematic extent...who needs that much Janet Jackson??)

On the day of, Rick got the party started. He was able to weave in oldies, disco, 80's pop, 90's hip hop, and indie music seamlessly to create a rocking party. The night ended with our friends and family swaying in a circle around us as we danced, followed by a conga line (DJ Rick joined in of course). I highly recommend this guy for your music and entertainment--you'll have everyone talking about what a fun party it was!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Melissa · Married on 07/07/2017

Rick is by far the best DJ I could've ever hired. He did amazing from the time I first spoke with him until the wedding. All my questions were always answered. If I wanted a recommendation for a song he always sent a full playlist of recommendations. The day/night of the wedding went perfect. No hiccups at all. He keeps the crowd going all night long & is very upbeat & down to earth. I would highly recommend hiring him! He's the BEST & he will make your night run smoothly.

Sent on 09/06/2017

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

Melissa and Brian! The Style and Flow on this wedding was so unique and beautiful. This couple was in madly in love and their story was so apparent throughout their day. the Grooms vows made me laugh and Cry! THE DANCEFLOOR was insane! So much energy with this hot young crowd, and the father of the groom was a dance floor wild man, so much fun.

Jessica · Married on 07/01/2017

Rick is amazing!!! We had him DJ our wedding in July 2017 and had an amazing time. All of our guests had a blast. Rick was so patient with us, we didn't finalize some of our songs until the day before the wedding. He was incredibly responsive to emails and eager to hop on the phone if necessary. Highly recommend FreshTracks!!!

Sent on 02/14/2018

Max · Married on 06/17/2017

Rick was the best wedding DJ anyone could ask for, and certainly the best I’ve ever seen! He kept people dancing all night without a single lull in the action. Months later, guests are still mentioning how great he was and asking whether he does events down in SoCal. He takes such obvious joy and pride in his work, and the result is an incredible time for everyone!

Sent on 12/24/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/10/2017

DJ RICK!!!! He is the man! We had heard rumors from various wedding planners in the Mammoth Lakes area that DJ Rick was the best, so we snagged him as soon as we could and we are very glad we did. We had multiple face-to-face meetings with him in the months before our wedding, and we also talked over FaceTime and email, so we knew that he was committing a lot of time to really customizing the wedding music for us. He is very responsive to email and we found it was very helpful to shoot him a quick message whenever we thought of a song we'd like to hear.

The music was perfect. We had a country-themed wedding and DJ Rick found a good balance between country music and classic wedding hits everyone loves. The dance floor was definitely rocking.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Yea Rachel!
    Your wedding was all time, a most amazing couple! Professionally your wedding exemplified everything I strive for in custom music. I'm not naturally a huge country music guy. "Play Something Country" was the drop of the night for me, so RAD! Through our communications and meetings we really got to know one another. I felt like because of that I was able create a musical energy and timing that really fit you and Andrew. One my challenges with having a wedding go wild like that so early in summer, we set the bar. I'm so joyed to have been a part of your love story, thank you for the kind words. Kick your Boots up!

Melissa · Married on 06/03/2017

Richard was awesome. I was planning my wedding from out of state and he was more than helpful. He was willing to do extra trips to the venue to check it out for us. He made the wedding flow so smoothly and had everyone on the dance floor all night. He made sure to play the songs we requested at the perfect times. The DJ was a huge deal to me and have never experienced him in person I was super nervous when we booked but he did NOT disappoint. I would pay to have him travel to DJ your events! GREAT EXPERIENCE!!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Lara · Married on 01/28/2017

From the moment I heard Rick's voice on the phone I knew he was going to be perfect. High energy, positive vibe, and a great knowledge of all types of music - even the rarest of stuff. My wedding attendees and myself mostly hail from NYC and LA, and I was worried I would have trouble finding a musically savvy DJ. This was not an issue.
    We spoke on the phone, and then he sent me a music mapping outline, where I could include as much - or as little - as I wanted. He took this outline and not only did what I asked, but picked up my style and musical taste and made it even better. He was able to drop an exact moment of an exact song I wanted right after the first kiss, and all while standing outside in the middle of winter (yes, I had an outdoor winter wedding, and he still pulled it off for us).
    He met with us the day before the wedding, and made everything very personal. He really got to know us in that short time, and I can tell he did because his music literally blew my mind. He fed off the crowd hour to hour, he modified what he was playing as the night went on to fit the energy, and I got more questions about "where I flew my DJ in from" than imaginable!
    Besides the music, he kept our wedding on track and basically ran the whole thing - grand entrances, seating, first dances, introductions, speeches - he was a complete professional.
    As a group of people who REALLY take our music experiences seriously, everyone was impressed by him. I am not trying to boast about my own wedding, but I am pretty sure my wedding had the best music I have ever heard. And my guests agreed.
    Overall, if you have Rick as your DJ, it doesn't matter if the flowers are gorgeous, if the linens are white, or if the cake gets delivered - your wedding is going to be amazing, just like mine was. He truly was the key and most central element to what turned out to be the best day and night of my life. And I will always be thankful to him for that. The. Very. Best.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Monique · Married on 01/20/2017

Rick was AMAZING!! From the first day we spoke with him on the phone until the last song at our wedding. He is super helpful , thorough and responds super quick to any questions you have! I had many amazing venders the day of my wedding but,Rick really reached and stretched the entire time to make it exactly what we wanted. He was a party starter and his energy never reached low. We had a blizzard extreme weather wedding and he still managed to get all his equipment up on the gondola, in the snowy blizzard and did it will enthusiasm! If your looking for your wedding dj search no more! Rick is a ROCKSTAR!!!

Sent on 01/27/2017

M&M · Married on 12/10/2016

Look no further! Rick is your man for your wedding DJ! Definitely 5-stars across the board! Rick worked with us on every detail to make our wedding the way we envisioned. He was on time, on point, worked with us closely, and knew exactly what we wanted. Rick was flexible with the details and worked with us even on such a short time-frame. If there was music or sound bits he didn't have, Rick went out of his way to get them so that we could have the wedding reception as we wanted. His enthusiasm and professionalism was consistent since the first day we met and he was very easy to work with. He was quick to respond to emails and overall a great person to work with. Hands down the best! You will not regret booking Fresh Tracks Entertainment for your wedding!
    As huge fans of The Office, it was ironic that Rick is from Scranton, PA. which served as a great marker for the little gifs we wanted to incorporate in our wedding and he was on top of it by reading our sense of humor. Beyond that he was a great resource for other services as well. Two days before the wedding our photo booth guy canceled on us and we reached out to Rick for resources in the area. He first tried to contact that vendor himself, and when that did not work he immediately jumped on an idea he had been contemplating of buying a photo booth service to go on as a package for his DJ service by buying the business off of a friend and thus providing us with the photo booth service as well so that our ideal wedding would be complete. Rick was able to go above and beyond and his passion for music and celebration was evident by the reviews our guests gave us the next day.
    Rick was personable from the get go and even when we ran into him the next morning he was super stoked about the outcome of the wedding and introduced us to his family.
    Rick, and his wife who worked the photo booth at the last minute, are a service you need to have at your wedding!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Kelly · Married on 11/06/2016

Our wedding was almost a year ago and Rick is still memorable to us and all our guests. When it came to planning our wedding after the venue the most important thing to us was the dj. I can't say enough to how amazing Rick was; he kept the flow of our wedding constantly going, knowing when to have an upbeat song or slow down the mood. By far the best wedding dj I've seen in action. I would recommend Rick to any wedding or party in mammoth or within the traveling area. He was definitely a key aspect to our wedding being all we could have asked for.

Sent on 09/05/2016

Bryan · Married on 10/15/2016

DJ Rick is the best! From music during the ceremony to dancing late into the night at the reception DJ Rick never missed a beat. I don't think the dance floor was vacant at any moment from 7pm to midnight. Prior to the big day there is so much interaction with him so he knows how to make everything perfect for you. Thank you Rick for making this day amazing and memorable!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Amy · Married on 10/14/2016

I would have to agree Rick is the best! He can accommodate the most eclectic music tastes I was able to think of. We had him play everything from oldies, outlaw country, 90s hip hop to my favorite Die Antwoord! If your going to go with a dj then just stop looking and hire Rick.

Sent on 03/30/2017

Amy · Married on 10/10/2016

Rick was so awesome! Completely flexible with the songs we really wanted to hear, knew how to read the crowd and when the 90s hip-hop should be switched up for some old time songs to make the older generation happy, and kept the entire wedding on the dance floor the whole night. It was an absolute blast and I highly recommend him!!

Sent on 10/27/2016

This is from an email we sent Rick after our beautiful wedding:

"We wanted to write and thank you so so much for making our wedding day absolutely perfect! From the beautiful ceremony to the spot on music choices throughout the evening to the final culmination of one heck of a dance party, we couldn't of asked for anything more. I have truly never been to a wedding where so many varieties of people were up on the dance floor for so long. The "DJ Rick" program is truly a winner ;). We even heard a story or two of you lending/swapping out a tie with one of our not so careful guests. Perfection!

You are very good at what you do and we are honored to have you be a part of our special day."

Sent on 10/19/2016

Kari · Married on 09/24/2016

I don't even know where to begin with DJ Rick. From our very first meeting he was professional, charismatic and totally pumped to DJ our wedding. After meeting him, it was no question that we would be hiring him for our wedding. Another appealing aspect was his package types, you could choose from just the reception to the full package of ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and after hours (which is what we did). DJ Rick has a fantastic "Music Mapping" system that covers everything from your first dance to which genres you like to get down on the dance floor to or even which songs are "vetoed". And if you don't know what song you want to cut the cake to, Rick can give you suggestions or you can leave it up to him. One of the features that my guests and I loved is the online song requests. My guests were able to request whichever songs they wanted to dance to and had a great time hearing them at the wedding. When it came to the actual day of, everything went so smoothly. The ceremony music sounded great, cocktail music was perfect and when it came time to dance, my husband and I were on the dance floor for most of the evening! You know you have a great DJ when the dance floor is never empty! One of my favorite parts of the night was when the Best Man coordinated with Rick for some musical sound bites during his toast. He had the entire wedding tent rolling with laughter! We paid for the "after hours" music as well and kept the party going until midnight. For the price we paid, DJ Rick was a steal! I would recommend him to anyone getting married in the Mammoth Lakes area. Not only was he a great DJ but a great person to work with, putting in the work to make our day as special and fun as it could be.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Carly · Married on 09/15/2016

Rick was amazing!!! He made our wedding day run seamlessly. We would recommend him to our closest friends and will definitely use him again in the future! Love him!!!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Breezy · Married on 09/03/2016

Loved Rick!! Very easy to work with! We met a couple times throughout the year and had lots of phone calls. He really tried to understand what we wanted. We had an amazing time at our wedding and so did our friends and family! I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. He blew us away. We asked for s good time and we had more than a good time!! Thanks so much Rick for being a part of our wedding!! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Caitlin · Married on 09/01/2016

I'll admit it, the DJ was the most difficult vendor to find... until we met Rick. He is the reason our wedding was so perfect, from start to finish. All of our guests couldn't stop raving about how much fun they had, and how great the music selection was! He had the whole place dancing! Rick was on top of it. He responded right away when we had any questions, and has so much amazing positive energy! If you have ANY event in the Mammoth Lakes area, Rick is your man!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Alyssa · Married on 08/06/2016

DJ Rick was a huge part of why our wedding was so perfect and why our guests had so much fun!!!

We were planning our wedding in our favorite place, Mammoth Lakes, from a different state, so it was tough not meeting any of our vendors beforehand, but let me tell you, DON'T worry about that with Rick. He was super responsive to our phone calls and emails, he sent us helpful documents to help plan our wedding music, and he was even the one who really convinced us to go with our stunning venue - Kerry Meadow!

Not only was he great in helping us prep for the wedding, he KILLED IT on our wedding day. Everyone loved him and the music! His energy was amazing - he got people to dance who "don't dance," he took requests from our guests all night, and him coming out to jam to the "Call Me Maybe" request was one of my favorite things of the reception.

BOOK HIM - YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

Sent on 08/19/2016