52 Reviews for Fresh Foods Market Catering

Cocktail Reception (1)
American (1)
Nut Free (1)
Vegetarian (1)

They did an amazing job helping me with every step involving with the food and rentals! Everyone at the wedding kept saying how good the food was!

Profile Picture Tara, 5/21/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings
4.7

Fresh Foods Market Catering was wonderful!
Being from Ohio but having our wedding in South Carolina, we wanted our out of town guests to bet able to sample the amazing cuisine of Charleston. Fresh Foods Market Catering did just that. We started out working with Sarah, who was the reason we chose them as our caterer. She asked us what we liked to eat when we visited Charleston and she said that their chefs would make them for us and our guests for our wedding. This set them above the rest who seemed annoyed that we hadn't decided everything by the time we were looking for a caterer. Mark took over after Sarah relocated and delivered what Sarah had promised us.
Our tasting was wonderful and my parents were able to join us. Everything was delicious!
My only regret is that my husband and I didn't get a chance to eat everything on our wedding day, but several people warned us about this. All of our guests commented that the food couldn't have been better! The only change that I would have made is that I would have eaten more!
THANK YOU!!!!

Profile Picture Kendra, 9/10/15, 15 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Southern, Nut Free

Our food was phenomenal. To this day we still have people asking who did our food. I wish I would have had an appetite the next day to eat it or even the day of to eat it. I would definitely recommend them for a wedding or an event.

Profile Picture Haley, 8/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, American, Southern

Sarah was so easy to work with - she made the process of catering and event rentals fun. We worked on a menu to fit our budget, then did a delicious tasting with her and the chef. Her team made the whole process seamless from beginning to end. Our guests raved about the food weeks after the wedding. I'd use Fresh Foods Market Catering again without question.

Profile Picture User3854969, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Perfect Charleston cuisine for our wedding! Great local options and traditional, local flavor!

Profile Picture allyse, 4/5/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Sarah and Fresh Foods Market was exactly what our wedding needed. Sarah was so easy and flexible to work with, even when I was teetering back and forth on some things, she was always willing to help! The food was great, the employees were very capable and pleasant to deal with! I'm very happy we chose them.The reviews from my guests were great though! My only regret: that I didn't eat more of it!

Profile Picture Michelle, 3/15/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Service , professionalism , amazing! Set up and clean up!! Temperature and taste ... AMAZING!! Frogmore stew, BBQ, homemade sauces... WOW! Pimento cheese cornbread!! Salad and AWESOME dressings ! Highly recommend for any occasion . Everyone raved over the food . Thank you for making our sons rehearsal so effortless on our part.

Profile Picture Debi, 12/19/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used Newton Farms for our rehearsal dinner (more of a welcome party with 90 people in attendance) and had a fabulous experience. We did a "biscuit bar" which was a huge hit and had some fantastic sides to go with it. All of our guests commented on how great the food was. Their service was impeccable and they were constantly refilling food when things ran out. Overall Newton was great to work with throughout the process and I would highly recommend them for any event or wedding.

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/11/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

There are not words to how amazing Fresh Foods food is! As a self-proclaimed foodie, my husband and I were very particular that we had amazing food with quality presentation at our wedding. Megan from Ooh! Events set up a food tasting with Fresh Foods - after one sample I knew we were booking them! No only is their food amazing, but their professionalism and presentation was outstanding. They were always checking on me throughout the reception to make sure I was able to get every dish since they knew I would be moving around a lot talking to everyone. I would absolutely recommend fresh foods for catering any event!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/5/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Fresh foods Market Catering provided an incredible culinary experience for our Charleston wedding! We spoke with a few caterers before meeting with Sarah, but once we met her we just knew we had to work with her! Sarah is such a doll to work with! She is incredibly knowledgeable, quick to respond with updated quotes and recommendations, and just an overall great person! The food at our tasting was absolutely superb – my husband and I were even worried that it may be too good to be true… But to our delight, the food the day of our wedding was just as good if not BETTER! The end product was SO great – we got more compliments on our food and the service than anything else. Everything was delicious and perfectly presented, and the waiters and waitresses were top notch. My husband and I have both worked in the food industry in the past, and we know how difficult it is to pull off such a large event, and we were both blown away by the quality of the food and the service! Choosing Fresh Market Foods was one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding, and we would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for exceptional catering for their wedding, party, or event!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/4/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

I can't begin to tell you HOW happy I am with the service and quality of food the Fresh Foods Catering provided for my wedding. First of all, you can't ask for a better sales coordinator than Sarah. She is such a pleasure to work with...responsive, friendly, understanding and flexible with budgets and changes of plan, and she was really helpful with little pieces of advice that I desperately needed. But the FOOD was the star of the show...we had a buffet that included the best shrimp and grits in Charleston (trust me I've tried them all) and seriously better pork bbq than any I've ever had (and again-being from Eastern NC I have tried 1000)...the sides were also really good (mac and cheese, jicama slaw and a great salad). We decided against appetizers based on our wedding size but originally had them in for the tasting and everything I tried was also very good. I was 100% invested in having the best possible catering...all my guests are big into delicious food as am I and Fresh Foods delivered hot, fresh, and delicious food with great service. Thanks Sarah and Chef P!

Profile Picture liz, 9/28/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Sarah is amazing! I can't say enough great things about Sarah and how helpful she was with planning our menu for my wedding and sticking to budget. She was very knowledgeable, coordinated with all of my vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page, checked in with me on a regular basis, and just really went above and beyond for my husband and I. She reassured me on serval occasions and made me feel comfortable with communicating long distance. Not only was Sarah amazing but the food was incredible! You could tell the ingredients were fresh. All of our guest loved the southern food and raved about it afterwards and how it was no where close to your typical wedding food. Sarah made sure we were sent home with left overs and the food was just as delicious the next day as it was the night of the wedding. Her team was amazing and on top of making sure everything was set up and taken care of before the guest arrived. They were professional and very polite. Everyone and everything about this company was wonderful!

Profile Picture Christine, 9/21/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

We worked with Sarah and she was great! She worked closely with us to help us stay in our budget and helped us book our rentals. Additionally, the food was delicious! We had so many compliments on the Southern food (new to many of our New York friends) and I would definitely recommend Sarah and Fresh Foods Market Catering.

Profile Picture Katie, 8/16/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Working with Newton Farms was an absolute charm. Our contact person was Sarah and she was great-always responsive and ready to make recommendations, but she never changed anything without our approval (a problem we ran into with other vendors). We got a traditional Southern menu of fried chicken, Lowcountry Boil, Mac & Cheese, Green Beans, etc. Everything was absolutely scrumptious and my guests raved about the food. When we went to our first meeting Sarah was able to suggest changing our bread from rolls to corn bread something we didn't know was available as it wasn't listed on their website. Great change that bolstered our food theme. Also, we originally went with She Crab Shooters (I mean it is so Charleston) but later realized that would be too hot for a June wedding. In less than 20 minutes she had made some other suggestions, switched us over to crab cakes, and emailed us a new quote. Super easy. I can't have asked for a better experience and will recommend this catering company to any future brides.

Profile Picture Kayla, 6/28/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Working with Newton Farms Catering for our wedding was an amazing experience. We had a number of guests that were vegetarian and we also wanted to serve a family-style meal instead of the traditional buffet or plated meal options, both of these proved challenging for most Charleston caterers. After our initial meeting with Sarah Coffey at Newton Farms, she understood our needs and vision and compiled a suggested menu. We were absolutely blown away during the tasting of our proposed menu and knew we had to select them as our caterer. After discussing with Sarah Coffey about budgeting, she worked with us to slightly modify our menu to stay within our budget.
Additionally, Sarah Coffey’s level of customer service was well above my expectations. She was available to answer any questions that came up and wanted to be kept in the loop as our wedding day drew nearer. She also coordinated with our bar service and the rental company to make sure we got all the rental equipment we would need for the wedding day. She even arranged our onsite meeting with the rental company to make sure everything was lined up and taken care of for the wedding.
During and after the wedding, our guests couldn’t stop raving about how good the food was. We would highly recommend Newton Farms to anyone getting married in Charleston. It was such a great experience working with them throughout the entire process.

Profile Picture Kimberley, 5/17/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

We did tastings with three different caterers before selecting Newton Farms. We found their food to be the best - and very \fairly priced. Having been coming to Charleston regularly for 14 years, we have had a lot of shrimp and grits - but these were amazing! The staff worked well with our wedding coordinator and took all the worry off my shoulders. The food at the reception was delicious and beautifully presented. Newton Farms provided enough staff so that all our guests were well cared for. Choosing Newton Farms to cater our daughter's wedding was a great decision.

Profile Picture Chris, 5/10/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

We loved working with Sarah and the team at Newton Farms. Newton Farms had a delicious, creative menu that somehow managed to be in our price range. Sarah went above and beyond what I expected from a caterer - she helped coordinate with our rentals and bar, and gave great suggestions. I didn't end up eating much at the wedding, but guests were raving about the food all night. At the end of the night my new husband and I got back to our hotel and found a basket of our food that Newton Farms had put together for us - we devoured it. We would definitely hire Newton Farms for another event.

Profile Picture Arielle, 4/26/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

My daughter's wedding was this past Friday night. I cannot think of enough wonderful things to say about Sara and the staff. The food was wonderful, everyone commented on it. They were so very professional and polite. They took care of every detail perfectly from helping us plan to helping us clean up after the wedding. They were exceptional!

Profile Picture Brenda, 4/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Oh my gosh... the food is GOOD! Of course, the taste is the best part - but the staff was just as superb. Sarah was the most flexible and courteous vendor we worked with and made sure everything was perfect. She created an excellent menu within our budget and we received so many compliments after the wedding. (My Granny said it was her favorite meal on her week-long trip in Charleston... if you know how great the food is here, you know the weight that statement carries!) Our favorite foods were the Charleston inspired appetizers (shrimp & grits, she crab soup shooters, fried green tomato/pimento cheese stacks) and the pasta bar.

Profile Picture Ginny, 3/9/14, 15 Reviews
Category: Catering

We could not have been happier with the food at Newton Farms. We worked with Sarah to put together an amazing menu - she was accommodating to our changes and helped recommend the different options. She helped us to select items that would be in season and fresh for our fall wedding, the butternut squash ravioli was a huge hit with vegetarian and carnivores alike! We loved the food and the service that we received from Newton Farms & Sarah!

Profile Picture New User, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food was amazing. Sarah was really flexible, and helped us find a menu that fit into our budget. She didn’t say anything when we changed our minds on stations and sides several times. The food turned out perfect and we received numerous compliments from our guests. The bar service was great a well, every time my drink was almost empty I found them replacing without me even having to go to the bar! Sarah was quick to respond to email and changes in menu (even when she was on vacation!). They even made plates for my husband and I so we could socialize! They were very attentive and I couldn’t have asked for better food!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/5/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Newton Farms is awesome and the food is awesome. We worked with Sarah, who was very responsive, and who gave us advice on not only what menu items to include but also gave us advice on other vendors and our setup, too.

We had a tasting before the wedding where my parents and husband were able to try everything off the menu. Everything was delicious and we got to enjoy it again our wedding night. I highly recommend them - they're reasonably priced, easy to work with, and have great food.

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/4/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Sarah Coffey... you are THE BEST. As the mother of the groom from WAAAYYY out of town (we are from Panama, Central America) finding a caterer to provide food and rentals for the rehearsal dinner my family was hosting proved to be an act of faith. And faith is what we had in Sarah and we were proved right. Sarah not only answered every little question in minutes, she also helped by serving as link with the furniture rental company. Everything was on time and exactly as we ordered it. Her staff was efficient and helpful in every possible way. Eve our "day of the event" coordinator was great. And oh! the food! What can I say about the food to be true to what we got... Delicious, well presented, nice servers, plentiful... great representation of low country cooking. Newton Farms... you made our night. Thanks.

Profile Picture Julieta, 10/3/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths
4.2

Our food was absolutely amazing. We had so many compliments and it went above and beyond the typical, boring wedding buffet. Everything was delicious and turned out exactly as it was during our tastings.

The day of manager was great to work with. His wait staff boxed up some of the food for us to enjoy the next day which was great because we definitely did not have a chance to the day of the wedding. However, Sarah was very difficult to get a hold of throughout the planning process and at times could be condescending when her vision did not match ours.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 6/22/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Sarah Coffey at Newton Farms Catering is a gem! As soon as I spoke with her I knew I wanted to work with her. She answered so many of my emails and phone calls that I lost count. I actually planned my wedding from 3 states away and she made it so easy for me. And the food, oh my goodness, the food, was DELICIOUS! Everyone kept raving that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. And I must say that I wholeheartedly agree. The slider station was a real crowd pleaser. I'm still dreaming about the Fried Green Tomato BLT. She also helped arrange all my rentals and it ended up exactly as I had envisioned. My wedding would not have been the same without Newton Farms!

Profile Picture Andrea, 6/9/13, 8 Reviews