Fresh Baked Reviews

Fresh Baked 7
  • Future Louie

Criz · Married on 08/03/2019

Delicious!

Very easy to work with and their macaroons are to die for! I took the home the next day and ate at least 20 the next day I kid you not.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Kristin · Married on 05/25/2019

Delicious and beautiful cake

Our cake was beautiful and everything we imagined! It was delicious, all our guests raves about it! Sarah was great to work with!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful cake, just as I had described it.

My cake was perfect! It was so moist and flavorful. The buttercream icing was the best! I asked for a special coconut layer and it turned out amazing, you should add this to your flavorful ra.

Sent on 05/27/2019
    Fresh Baked 8

Fresh Baked's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! I was honored to be a part of your wedding day. Congratulations to you and your family. We wish you the best!
  • Kat

Kat · Married on 09/09/2018

We had such an excellent experience with Fresh Baked, from the tasting to the very last bite on our wedding day! Sarah was professional, flexible and eager to please us. We were so impressed by the look and taste of our cake and it was everything we had hoped for on our wedding day! We can't wait for our year anniversary to bring out the Red Velvet topper!!! Highly recommend Fresh Baked!

Sent on 09/25/2018
    Fresh Baked 9
    Fresh Baked 10
    Fresh Baked 11

Fresh Baked's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are so happy to have been part of your wedding day! Congrats to you both :)

Stephanie · Married on 08/25/2018

HOLY COW! Sarah from Fresh Baked KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK!! If I could give her 10 stars, I would. We had cakes on all the tables as our center pieces. She did an amazing job. All the cakes tasted so fresh and delicious. We got so many compliments on them. The decorating was just what we were hoping for. She even make gluten free cakes (that you couldn't even tell were gluten free!!). She was so accommodating with our budget and changing of table numbers. I could go on and on. Bottom line: Hire Fresh Baked and you won't be disappointed. ***beautiful pictures coming soon***

Sent on 08/28/2018

Fresh Baked's reply:

WOW! You are so wonderful and thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review. You guys were awesome to work with and I am so happy to have been a small part of your big day! Best wishes :)

Laura · Married on 06/16/2018

Sarah was so easy to work with for our wedding cake! The complimentary cake tasting was delicious which only made our decision harder, haha. She had amazing flavors! And her designs are gorgeous. She also provides delivery services and offers to loan cake stands out for no additional charge if you are able to return it the next business day.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Fresh Baked's reply:

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. We loved working with you guys! Best of luck with your future :)

Mindy · Married on 11/11/2017

Sarah exceeded our expectations with an absolutely gorgeous wedding cake and super cute grooms cake! The flavor selections are vast and SO delicious!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Lindsey · Married on 11/04/2017

We ordered two custom cakes for our wedding and both were amazing. We were particularly impressed with the hand-painted details on the groom's cake! We received many compliments on both the artistry and flavor of both cakes. You can't go wrong with Fresh Baked!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Henry · Married on 10/21/2017

Sarah was INCREDIBLE to work with and designed the PERFECT wedding cake for our special day! Sarah was very flexible with our tight schedule and made the cake selection process so easy and fun! We thoroughly enjoyed the variety of her cake flavors and the simplicity of her pricing. Her confidence was a pleasing sign of her experience, and the final product was exactly what we had hoped for! Numerous compliments from the guests about our cake and we had the perfect amount for everyone to try multiple flavors without running out. We are so pleased with Fresh Baked and will recommend Sarah to anyone we know getting married in the Roanoke Valley!

Sent on 11/17/2017

ashley · Married on 10/21/2017

Sarah and her team, were truly amazing! Sarah helped us with every detail with the cake, and had lots of options for us! She even checked in with us to make sure it was still the design of the cake we wanted, and triple checked with us about how many people would be there! The cake was delicious and everyone had nothing but compliments from the cake! Sarah and her team at Fresh Baked Bakery are amazing and I highly recommend them!!!!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/07/2017

YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH SARAH & FRESH BAKED! Working with Sarah was amazing. She was accommodating from the very beginning (fitting us in for a tasting) and all the way through the process. She made the out of town partnership painless and easy. I am the type of person who asks a LOT of questions all through the process. Sarah is very responsive and never once made it seem as though my questions were a bother. I came in to her shop with very specific ideas of what I wanted for a wedding cake and she delivered 100%! My cake was the most beautiful cake I have ever seen and my guests raved about the flavors! Sarah’s cake and icing (EVEN FONDANT, PEOPLE) are delicious and her personality is even better. Due to miscommunication, my cake ended up being throwing away at the end of the night, and sadly, my husband, my wedding party and I had not gotten to eat our slices due to everything going on. When Sarah found out about this she offered to make me a smaller cake in the same flavors as my wedding cake. She goes above and beyond for her clients. Look no further for your bakery. Please, please, please contact Sarah with your cake/dessert needs whatever they may be.

Sent on 10/19/2017
    Fresh Baked 12

Taylor · Married on 09/30/2017

Sarah is very easy to work with and easily reachable by e-mail or phone! Her cakes are DELICIOUS and gorgeous. She hand makes every cake and hand paints everything. She is a true artist and a master of her craft! She also does cakes for occasions other than weddings. She made my mother's birthday cake one year and everyone was pleased to know she was also making our wedding cake! Look no further for you wedding cake and wedding desserts. She takes your vision and works with it to create a master piece!

Sent on 10/29/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/16/2017

Our cake was gorgeous and so delicious. It looked exactly how we wanted it too. Sarah was very nice and easy to work with. Definitely recommend her!!

Sent on 10/05/2017
    Fresh Baked 13

Fresh Baked's reply:

Thank you so much Whitney we loved being part of your wedding day!

Sara · Married on 09/02/2017

I was extremely happy with my decision to have Fresh Baked to our wedding cake. Sarah did a wonderful job with the tasting and gave us a full sampling of all she could offer. The cake was perfect. Exactly what we ordered and more. We ended up running out of fake flowers for decorations for her to use, but had some leftover fresh ones there and she just ran with it. Looking back I can't believe we were going to use anything but fresh! Fabulous job, thank you very much!

Sent on 11/20/2017
    Fresh Baked 14

Christine · Married on 07/01/2017

Sarah knows her way around fondant. We were thrilled to find her in downtown Roanoke. She was responsive and super-reliable. Her cake is a little on the firmer side but very delicious. Her buttercream fillings are to die for. We had a small wedding and a very small cake shaped like a Tiffany box. Sarah just did a great job.

Sent on 08/23/2017

Fresh Baked's reply:

Thank you so much Christine, we had a blast creating your cake!

Rikki · Married on 06/17/2017

Just wanted to say thank you Sarah for all the work and effort you your staff put into our wedding cake. It was beautiful!!! I almost hated to cut into it :) And it tasted so delicious! I really did not want to share! Keep up the good work and good luck to all of your future endeavors! Next time we are in the Roanoke area, we'll stop in!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Fresh Baked's reply:

Thank you so much for this lovely review. We loved being a part of your beautiful wedding at Sundara!

Morgan · Married on 06/17/2017

Sarah with Fresh Baked made the absolute best wedding cake I have ever had. My husband and I aren't even big cake people and the cakes that we tasted were AMAZING!! Sarah took our vision and went above and beyond expectations to make the absolutely perfect wedding cake.

Sent on 12/10/2017
    Fresh Baked 15
    Fresh Baked 16

Elizabeth · Married on 06/03/2017

Sarah was great to work with! She was responsive and flexible and was great at providing suggestions on what we needed in terms of numbers and flavors. Most importantly, the cake and cupcakes were delicious on the day of! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Hello Elizabeth!

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to complete a review. I am so happy you enjoyed your cake experience with Fresh Baked Bakery!

Melissa · Married on 05/20/2017

Sarah is THE BEST in the valley for all your sweet treat needs!! My fiance and I met Sarah at small bridal show. At the time, she was still doing business out of her home. Sarah met us at our local coffee shop one afternoon and to our surprise, without any payment or prompt, brought samples of all her cake and icing flavors. They were all phenomenal. We booked with Sarah quickly. Her cakes are extremely dense, moist and flavorful. Her icing is absolutely delightful. Our hardest choice was narrowing down the flavors!! So much so, we had to get another sample tray! Sarah was extremely easy to work with and quick to respond to any questions, comments or concerns. My fiance and I love sweets, so we opted for a 3 tier cake and dessert bar. Our dessert bar consisted of an assortment of cookies, cupcakes, brownies, and miniature pies. Our dessert bar was PERFECT. We originally planned for 250 people and completely forgot to correct the number (210 actual) when finalizing everything, but that didn't stop our dessert bar from completely disappearing! And that wasn't because she didn't calculate right, it's because our guests COULD NOT GET ENOUGH of it!!! There is no limit to the money I would have payed to have the experience I did with Sarah, but that's most impressive part ... she is completely reasonable with her prices! I honestly think she should charge more than she does!! During my wedding process Sarah grew her business and was able to open up shop at the Patrick Henry. I visited often and love the sweet treats she sells there as well. Her responsiveness to her customers was never interrupted while opening her business and I can't say how impressed I am with her!! As a result of my wedding experience, two co-workers have booked with Sarah for their weddings. I will shout her name to anyone looking for sweet treats, whether it's for a wedding, birthday or other special event. She really is absolutely wonderful!!! Can't wait to use her again ... baby shower maybe :-)

Sent on 06/05/2017

Fresh Baked's reply:

Oh my gosh Melissa! You are the sweetest and I was so honored to be part of your wedding day. I wish you and Jason many, many, many years of happiness!

Danielle · Married on 05/06/2017

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful (and super, super, super delicious)! We received so many compliments. Sarah also made the entire ordering/design/delivery process exceptionally easy. My husband and I are both looking forward to stopping in to see her other Fresh Baked cakes super soon. Thank you, Sarah!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Fresh Baked's reply:

Thank you so much Danielle! We loved your unique cake stand and beautiful wedding at Bernard's Landing! Thank you for taking time to write a review ;)

Rebecca · Married on 01/07/2017

Amazing! Our cake was so perfect! It was beautiful and looked exactly how I imagined! It's hard to find a cake that is beautiful and delicious, but this girl can do it! Flavors and quality of cake was awesome! Tall cake with icing layers inside.

Sent on 01/20/2017

Fresh Baked's reply:

Thank you so much Rebecca!

Christina · Married on 10/01/2016

Fresh Baked VA provided us with immediate responses and helped us choose the best cake flavors for our wedding! Sarah provided a tasting and created our cake to our specifications. She delivered the cake safely to Powhatan, VA on those windy roads! I would recommend Fresh Baked VA to anyone who loves cake so much it can't be too sweet because her cake was amazing!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Terri · Married on 09/17/2016

Most beautiful, best tasting cake EVER! Sarah has been a joy to work with and made my daughter's wedding day very special. From our first meeting to where we tasted some of the best cake I have ever had, to the day the cake was delivered, Sarah was very professional, helpful, and responsive and one of the nicest people I have ever met! Thank you!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Brittany · Married on 09/10/2016

I met Sarah at a Bridal Show, I had been to quite a few and tried many different cakes, my brother and sister also got married a yr before I did, so trying cake was nothing new. But as soon as her cake hit my mouth I was in heaven I knew she had to do my cake. Unfortunately I couldn't afford her price with my high budget, so I continued my search. No matter what though my taste buds compared everything to her cakes! So I talked with Sarah told her I could not go without her cake and we came to a great price and enough to feed my guests! I couldn't have been happier with Sarah and her amazing cake! Her response was excellent, she hit the design of the cake spot on, the taste was amazing, and I never saw her the day of and payment was a breeze. The cake was the hit of the night besides the bride! weeks later and I still get asked about my cake not only for the look but the taste! Well worth the price I'd pay it 100 times over! I cant wait for my anniversary to order another cake!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Lesley · Married on 09/10/2016

Sarah of Fresh Baked VA provided us with our amazing wedding cake! Sarah worked with us prior to the wedding date to find the best flavors and we chose the chocolate espresso and vanilla for our cake. Our guests couldn't stop raving about the look of the cake and the wonderful taste -- it was moist and delicious! Thank you so much Sarah for making our day special and our guests happy and full! :-)

Sent on 09/24/2016