50 Reviews for French Creek Golf Club

Champagne Toast (1)
Liquor License (1)
Chocolate Fountain (1)

4.3

As soon as my husband and I visited French Creek Golf Club, we knew that it would be the perfect venue for our wedding. We were immediately impressed by the outdoor ceremony space, the patio used for cocktail hour, and the ballroom for the reception; each aspect of this venue is unique and absolutely breathtaking. We also loved the new barn and were very happy to have a backup option in case of bad weather. On our wedding day, we had a severe rainstorm and ended up having our ceremony in the barn. While it was a beautiful backdrop, the rain hitting the tin roof of the barn caused such a loud noise that we actually had to stop and pause in the middle of our ceremony while the storm passed. While our wedding day was still a dream come true, it was disappointing that our guests had trouble hearing the most important part of the day, and some even complained that they got wet through the barn roof. Apart from the ceremony, we enjoyed the food and found Kate and Shelby to be very helpful. Overall, we would recommend French Creek Golf Club, but be aware of the barn’s tin roof.

Profile Picture Christina, 8/11/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Parking, Indoor

BEST DAY EVER! No need to think twice about hosting your wedding here! We got married here on August 18 2018. We live in Maryland, about an hour and 20 min away and with no hesitation at all, we KNEW from the moment we stepped foot on the property that this is where we wanted our day to unfold. We, along with our guests, could not say enough nice things about this venue. Every inch is stunning, and hosts SO many beautiful opportunities for breathtaking photos. Not to mention the ladies and all the helpful staff involved in the planning process. Kate and Shelby were literal angels with the most spirited and positive attitudes - SO accommodating. They made EVERYTHING from day one a breeze and went above and beyond expectations. Kate even jumped in and helped bustle my dress before our entry to the reception! The food was amazing, the desserts were amazing. Our guests could not stop talking about our day. I would recommend this venue a million times over to anyone in question.

Profile Picture Laura, 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughter was married here last weekend and it was a perfect experience. No words can explain the beauty of this venue and the professionalism of the entire staff. They employ a full time gardener and it shows. The gardens, the entry space, every direction was beautiful and well maintained. The expansive views off of the terrace and the cocktail space was picture perfect. You literally have multiple options for wonderful pictures. Kate H., the wedding coordinator is EXTRAORDINARY, very responsive, enthusiastic, accommodating, from our first contact to the event. No question was too much and I wish I could bottle her energy. Her assistant Shelby was wonderful to work with as well. Kate and Shelby were there from when we entered the bridal suite to when we left. They stuck to the timeline and kept everyone updated and informed. Even one of the owners of the club checked in with us to make sure everything was perfect. When the ceremony had to be moved into the newly renovated and beautiful barn due to possible rain, that was an easy transition. The chosen preferred providers were excellent and Kate coordinated with them as well. The food was superb, every guest mentioned how great the food and the servers were. Every server could not have been more helpful, getting special requests, water glasses always filled and even getting me 2 slices of cake so I could try both varieties and I didn't even ask for that. The cocktail space is lovely and they were able to open the full wall of windows onto the terrace. Guests reported very short lines coming in after the ceremony as they provided 3 bars. Literally not one complaint or hiccup and that is almost unheard of. Cannot recommend for your wedding or event any more highly. If you want a 5 star experience, book it asap. It is worth every cent for a remarkable and memorable wedding!

Profile Picture Maureen, 8/3/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

French Creek Golf Club was the perfect place for our wedding!!! Our guests and even our band couldn’t stop raving about the beautiful property, the food, and the overall venue. Kate and Shelby were such incredible coordinators and helped us get every single detail of the wedding perfect. We are so happy with the way our wedding turned out!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As soon as we walked into French Creek, we knew it was perfect for us! The venue and the grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Kate and her team were flawless. Attentive to all details, responsive to emails and could not have been any better the day of the wedding. She made sure, I as the bride, did not have to deal with any of the monotony of the day and took care of any 'drama' without me having to know about it. I have heard nightmares from friends about the wedding coordinators at their venue, so I was a bit skeptical relying on someone to do a lot of work. You will not be disappointed in FCGC, or the service they provide - Kate is a rockstar! Highly recommended!!!!

Profile Picture Kate , 5/11/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We fell in love the minute we looked at French creek. The venue is breathtaking. From the ballroom to the pond to the barn.. it is absolutely amazing. We had so many compliments from our guests saying it was the best venue they have been to. Kate and Shelby made the wedding process stress free. It was absolutely the best day of our lives

Profile Picture Kimberly, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

French Creek is incredible. You will not regret choosing this as your wedding venue. The location is stunning, the building is current but classy, and the coordinators (Kate & Shelby) are incredible. Everyone (hopefully) enjoys their wedding day, but these ladies take the stress out of the planning process. They make it enjoyable from start to finish. The actual wedding reception was absolutely perfect - great atmosphere and delicious food - which we heard in echo from our nearly 200 guests. Zero regrets and countless memories.

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at French Creek on 10/20/17, and we had the absolute BEST DAY EVER! The quality of wedding we got for the price we paid was superb! I couldn't believe that so much was included in the package for the wedding (hors d'oeuvres, dinner, cake, open bar, table and chair with basic linens, attendants, and so much more)! We even had a personal waitress who would tend to us first before serving others. She would randomly pop by our table and see if we needed anything.
The wedding event manager position changed hands while we were planning our wedding, but the transition was seamless. Every time I had a question, I could just write a quick email. Sometimes, I would have to write a second email, but it was understandable since she was getting so many from so many brides I'm sure. I was definitely one. I must have written 100 emails!
The food was excellent, the atmosphere was picturesque, and the accommodations were lovely. I cannot recommend French Creek enough. So many guests have told us that it was the nicest wedding they've ever been too! I tend to agree!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/20/17, 2 Reviews
3.9

French Creek is by far one of the most stunning spots in Chester County. Their recent addition just added to the perfect back drop for an outdoor wedding ceremony. My husband and I got a million compliments on the venue choice and the food. As much as I wish I could give French Creek 5 stars, there were a few things that I think is important to share for other brides. We were a bit disappointed with the new wedding coordinator, as that role was switched over about 8 months before our event. The new coordinator was not very responsive throughout the planning process to the point where I’d have to follow up with another email about my previous email that was never answered. I felt like she tried to be very strict with rules that only caused me more anxiety. For example, she told me she wasn’t sure that I’d be able to bring wine for a traditional part of our ceremony about a week and a half before the day and then finally followed up 2 nights before the ceremony that I was allowed to. During the actual reception, I realized the timeline was off and I found myself telling the waiters and waitresses to bring out the salad, etc. this is something as a bride you should not have to worry about, and if the timeline is off it’s not a huge deal but the coordinator should be right there trying to fix it. Another big inconvenience I ran into was at the end of the night after the reception. My siblings and I were frantically looking for my grandparents valuables that were used during the ceremony. The wedding coordinator had left around 830pm (she told us she would be there till the end and announced in the middle of the reception she was leaving) and things were not placed in a way that made it easy to find. Overall I think French Creek is worth every penny, the food, prices, and amazing scenery is outstanding. When dealing with the wedding coordinator just be prepared to be super organized and specific!

Profile Picture Kate, 10/6/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

French Creek is absolutely amazing - the staff is phenomenal, the venue is gorgeous, and the food is top notch. I really don't know where to start, but in short, Kate & Mindy made our wedding dreams come true. They were accommodating with ALL of our requests, from the smallest detail - like making sure my 95 year old grandmother got a gigantic bowl of ice cream to go with her dinner (because she was leaving early), to the major wishes - like honoring our request to do a "stations" style buffet dinner with an almost custom menu. Kate was super responsive to all of my thousands of emails, and she was a great day-of coordinator as well. When it comes to value, we were truly lucky to find French Creek when we did, shortly after major renovations to the event spaces, because this place is/will be definitely in high demand from here on out.

My last note is this - I was sure of one thing when we started looking for reception spaces - I did not want to get married at a golf club. Golf isn't my thing, and I didn't want to get married steps away from an 18th hole. This place, as a golf club, was my last choice, until I saw it. The club building has all the charm of a home featured on "Fixer Upper," with a gorgeous pond and barn surrounding the ceremony space. The golf is completely separated from the wedding venue side of the club, and it truly feels like the cozy, modern farmhouse you wish you grew up in with the space to hold a fantastic party for your friends and family.

Thank you French Creek! We had the best day of our lives thanks to you!

Profile Picture Hannah, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Cake, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
4.7

We couldn't have asked for a better venue for our wedding. Kate was very professional and great to work with. We were supposed to have an outdoor ceremony, but it rained at the last minute and Kate was able to flip the room in no time. There were a few glitches (the side we chose for one entree was not correct, my guests never got the programs but probably because of the last minute indoor ceremony). Besides very minor glitches that are bound to happen anyway, it was a perfect day! The inside and outside is beyond beautiful, the open cocktail area was a huge hit, and all of the food is delicious! Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture marianna, 7/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up

Loved loved loved it. Absolutely perfect and everyone was so helpful. I could not have done it without Kate helping me out the day off.

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It's been a few months since my May wedding and I still don't have the words to describe how perfect French Creek was. We still hear compliments about our perfect day. There are few venues in this area that have both gorgeous grounds and a modern/ ballroom. We were lucky enough to have pouring rain the entire day of our wedding, but French Creek is so pretty, we didn't even mind. They decorated the ballroom to create the perfect ceremony space, it was unbelievable. Kate was the best wedding coordinator I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, from pre-wedding planning to keeping our parents and bridal party in line throughout the big day, she didn't skip a beat! I can't say enough about the venue but I need to pause for a moment and discuss the food...the cocktail hour was beyond and the dinner was fantastic. My parents are very tough critics and they still RAVE about the filet and crab cake. French Creek takes the cake for an understated, elegant, luxurious venue that is also reasonably priced. Can you tell I'm in love?

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/13/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking

My husband and I had our reception at French Creek and loved it! French Creek is the definition of simple elegance, and that was the feel I was looking for! Janet, the wedding coordinator, is extremely thorough, efficient and responsive. She even created us a personalized packaged based on our budget. The staff is friendly and professional, and venue and golf course is beautiful and our wedding day went so smoothly thanks to all of their hard work! I would recommend French Creek to any bride looking for a stress-free reception and beautiful location!

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/19/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

We booked French Creek for our wedding reception venue 17 months in advance for our date of 10-15-2016. It was the third venue we saw in person, and I knew immediately that it was the perfect one for us. We had barely gotten home from seeing it when I was ready to call them and officially book our date. The setting is absolutely beautiful. The outdoor patio was quite a selling point for me- it overlooks water which was important for my husband, and I fell in love with the oak tree and spring house. It doesn't hurt that our wedding date landed on a sunny, warm autumn day, but I wasn't concerned with the weather to begin with since the patio is covered and has big sliding glass doors so that our guests would have had terrific views of the scenery regardless of the weather conditions. Due to the natural beauty and character found both inside and outside of this venue, I knew I only wanted to contribute minimal decorations for the reception so that our guests wouldn't be distracted from all of the elegance that French Creek offers. The service provided by the staff and wedding coordinator, Janet Ruben, exceeded our expectations. They enthusiastically accommodated our personal touches and encouraged us to personalize and develop our dream wedding reception. Thank you for making it the best day ever!

Profile Picture Alison, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Check it out...simply a wonderful venue, outstanding food, and courteous and professional staff. Definitely would not hesitate going back for an event or highly recommending it for one. Please see the email below to Janet at French Creek GC following the event.

Hi Janet. I hope all is going well.

I just wanted to let you know you and your staff did absolutely a wonderful job with Kelsey & Scott's wedding reception. It couldn’t have been run better. Everyone top to bottom delivered fantastic service and provided the utmost care in every aspect we could have hoped for. All the guests raved about the venue and the food (from the hors d’oeuvres to the dinner courses) was just awesome ! Mary Ann and I could have not been happier. Thank you so much for all your efforts and please pass this message on to your staff. Additionally, please forward this to French Creek Club owners, they were so involved. We definitely would have no hesitation recommending French Creek to anyone and would genuinely encourage them to consider the venue for their event.

Thanks again and have a great summer (what’s left of it !),

Tom

Profile Picture User6992534, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The venue is beautiful. Best wedding food I ever had and service was like at a 5 star restaurant. This was perfect for my son and new daughter-in-law. She said it turned out to be the wedding of her dreams.

Profile Picture Marita, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
3.7

So FCGC was an exceptionally beautiful venue, the location was beyond picturesque. The pictures of the day were beyond measure for the value of the venue. Sharon Hegney was very sweet and easygoing, staff treated us really well. Price point blew anything else away as far as location, setting and taste (food was excellent! ) HOWEVER, there was a few disappointments. The filet plates were supposed to be a combo filet and crabcake and the day of the wedding not a single one was served with a crabcake so essentially half the meal was missing (subbed with greenbeans and mashed which were good but a huge price difference that was glazed over). Our entire event was handed off from Sharon to Chris after the ceremony and there was absolutely NO guidance as far as timing and help with cake cutting, tosses ect..my photographer had to step in AND guide us as no one else was around.we also had am incident where my (the bride) mother and brother were told "no, these are for the wedding party" which I had not one of the passed hors d'oeuvres. I was EXTREMELY displeased about that! ! In all it still was a breathtaking venue, FCGC staff were curteous and the "extras" like the staff set up and breakdown, they even decorated and put together the centerpieces for us , cake, linens all inclusive all made this Venue a beautiful, economic choice that easily made it look high class and more expensive than it actually was!!! LOVED IT!!!!

Profile Picture Desiree, 4/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at FC on Nov 7. I didnt want a standard country club setting, but we were on a budget that wouldnt allow for a Philly ballroom. French Creek was a perfect medium with elegant features and an affordable price. They recently made upgrades to the property which were completely in line with our vision. We had our cocktail hour on the patio, which was perfect for our guests to mingle under the stars. We had a band who blew the roof off; every waiter/waitress was walking around dancing along to the music. Sharon is wonderful to work with, Mina and Sophia took care of every need on the day of, and "the Joe's" delivered an amazing meal - every guest raved about the food! Overall it was a terrific party and a day I would relive over and over!

Profile Picture Erica, 11/7/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up

When my husband and I visited FCGC a few years ago I knew immediately this is the place where I wanted us to get married. I can’t even begin to explain how easy and fun planning our wedding was with the staff. Sharon, the event planner was on top of everything we requested and just made our visits so much more comfortable and about us. The golf course alone is breath taking and with the new add features in the ballroom just makes this place more unique. All my guests complemented on how amazing and perfectly cooked entrees were. I highly recommend French Creek and can’t wait until our next visit.

Profile Picture zaina, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Barware, China, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Jackie Hogan and the crew at French Creek made my wedding completely stress-free and gorgeous. People told me how stressful wedding planning was going to be, and I was so worried. I experienced virtually no stress and it is all due to the employees at French Creek. They are helpful, generous, kind, and willing to meet your needs. They are flexible and are a great group to work with. Our reception and ceremony were both there, and the grounds were beautiful. Our pictures turned out great mostly due to the amazing scenery we had. French Creek is a perfectly picturesque place to get married with a top notch staff there to help. DEFINITELY go there!!!

Profile Picture User4580742, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at French Creek Golf Club on October 17, 2014. French Creek cannot be more beautiful. The grounds are very well maintained with seasonal landscaping, manicured golf greens, and amazing trees in the background. The interior feels warm, comforting, and not overlly stuffy. It feels modern, but still very classic.
Our wedding couldn't have been better! The bridal party stayed separated on different floors of the building, both rooms stocked with snacks and drinks for our entire day. My bridesmaids, myself, and my mom all had our hair and makeup done in the bridal suite at FC- it was comfortable all day. Jackie, and all the staff at FC, were friendly and so helpful. Weeks before the wedding Jackie gave me her personal cell number to contact her, which made me feel very well taken care of. She made me feel like I was her only bride, even though this is a venue that caters to many different weddings and events throughout the year.
If we could do it all over again, we would definitely choose French Creek again. We received many compliments on our venue.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/17/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

French Creek Golf Club was an amazing wedding venue! They always had everything under control, and were extremely flexible so that I could have everything I wanted to make my wedding day special. No one had to lift a finger day of - French Creek took care of everything from setting up to tearing down - which let my family and friends relax and enjoy themselves. The ceremony area outside is beautiful, the food is amazing, and the staff is just exceptional - always there when you need them but never in the way. And best of all I was never surprised with extra costs and fees! I just can't say enough about French Creek!

Profile Picture User4516710, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Oh my gosh-where to start with French Creek Golf Club. We had our wedding reception at French Creek, an amazing venue! First of all, the location is beautiful. The ballroom is equally as beautiful! Jackie Hogan and her staff were wonderful to work with. I was so impressed with their attention to detail. I dropped off so many boxes of items for the reception. Jackie took the time to look thru everything with me. I appreciated the tjme she took to make sure all was set up as I had planned. She made this bride feel as relaxed as possible:). The champagne greeting was a wonderful start to our night. The coffee station to go was so nice to offer our guests! And the food- wow! It was so incredible! The service was top notch! My guests could not stop talking about the food! A big Thank you for helping to create the time of our life! I highly recommend French Creek Golf Club as a wedding venue! You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/11/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jackie and her staff were amazing on my wedding day, couldn't have asked for a better venue. I travelled from out of state and everything went as smooth as if I planned everything up there!

Profile Picture User4462552, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews