43 Reviews for French Creek Golf Club

Champagne Toast (1)
Liquor License (1)
Chocolate Fountain (1)
43 French Creek Golf Club Reviews

My husband and I got married at French Creek on 10/20/17, and we had the absolute BEST DAY EVER! The quality of wedding we got for the price we paid was superb! I couldn't believe that so much was included in the package for the wedding (hors d'oeuvres, dinner, cake, open bar, table and chair with basic linens, attendants, and so much more)! We even had a personal waitress who would tend to us first before serving others. She would randomly pop by our table and see if we needed anything.
The wedding event manager position changed hands while we were planning our wedding, but the transition was seamless. Every time I had a question, I could just write a quick email. Sometimes, I would have to write a second email, but it was understandable since she was getting so many from so many brides I'm sure. I was definitely one. I must have written 100 emails!
The food was excellent, the atmosphere was picturesque, and the accommodations were lovely. I cannot recommend French Creek enough. So many guests have told us that it was the nicest wedding they've ever been too! I tend to agree!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/20/17, 2 Reviews
3.9

French Creek is by far one of the most stunning spots in Chester County. Their recent addition just added to the perfect back drop for an outdoor wedding ceremony. My husband and I got a million compliments on the venue choice and the food. As much as I wish I could give French Creek 5 stars, there were a few things that I think is important to share for other brides. We were a bit disappointed with the new wedding coordinator, as that role was switched over about 8 months before our event. The new coordinator was not very responsive throughout the planning process to the point where I’d have to follow up with another email about my previous email that was never answered. I felt like she tried to be very strict with rules that only caused me more anxiety. For example, she told me she wasn’t sure that I’d be able to bring wine for a traditional part of our ceremony about a week and a half before the day and then finally followed up 2 nights before the ceremony that I was allowed to. During the actual reception, I realized the timeline was off and I found myself telling the waiters and waitresses to bring out the salad, etc. this is something as a bride you should not have to worry about, and if the timeline is off it’s not a huge deal but the coordinator should be right there trying to fix it. Another big inconvenience I ran into was at the end of the night after the reception. My siblings and I were frantically looking for my grandparents valuables that were used during the ceremony. The wedding coordinator had left around 830pm (she told us she would be there till the end and announced in the middle of the reception she was leaving) and things were not placed in a way that made it easy to find. Overall I think French Creek is worth every penny, the food, prices, and amazing scenery is outstanding. When dealing with the wedding coordinator just be prepared to be super organized and specific!

Profile Picture Kate, 10/6/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

French Creek is absolutely amazing - the staff is phenomenal, the venue is gorgeous, and the food is top notch. I really don't know where to start, but in short, Kate & Mindy made our wedding dreams come true. They were accommodating with ALL of our requests, from the smallest detail - like making sure my 95 year old grandmother got a gigantic bowl of ice cream to go with her dinner (because she was leaving early), to the major wishes - like honoring our request to do a "stations" style buffet dinner with an almost custom menu. Kate was super responsive to all of my thousands of emails, and she was a great day-of coordinator as well. When it comes to value, we were truly lucky to find French Creek when we did, shortly after major renovations to the event spaces, because this place is/will be definitely in high demand from here on out.

My last note is this - I was sure of one thing when we started looking for reception spaces - I did not want to get married at a golf club. Golf isn't my thing, and I didn't want to get married steps away from an 18th hole. This place, as a golf club, was my last choice, until I saw it. The club building has all the charm of a home featured on "Fixer Upper," with a gorgeous pond and barn surrounding the ceremony space. The golf is completely separated from the wedding venue side of the club, and it truly feels like the cozy, modern farmhouse you wish you grew up in with the space to hold a fantastic party for your friends and family.

Thank you French Creek! We had the best day of our lives thanks to you!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Hannah, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Cake, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
4.7

We couldn't have asked for a better venue for our wedding. Kate was very professional and great to work with. We were supposed to have an outdoor ceremony, but it rained at the last minute and Kate was able to flip the room in no time. There were a few glitches (the side we chose for one entree was not correct, my guests never got the programs but probably because of the last minute indoor ceremony). Besides very minor glitches that are bound to happen anyway, it was a perfect day! The inside and outside is beyond beautiful, the open cocktail area was a huge hit, and all of the food is delicious! Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture marianna, 7/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up

Loved loved loved it. Absolutely perfect and everyone was so helpful. I could not have done it without Kate helping me out the day off.

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It's been a few months since my May wedding and I still don't have the words to describe how perfect French Creek was. We still hear compliments about our perfect day. There are few venues in this area that have both gorgeous grounds and a modern/ ballroom. We were lucky enough to have pouring rain the entire day of our wedding, but French Creek is so pretty, we didn't even mind. They decorated the ballroom to create the perfect ceremony space, it was unbelievable. Kate was the best wedding coordinator I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, from pre-wedding planning to keeping our parents and bridal party in line throughout the big day, she didn't skip a beat! I can't say enough about the venue but I need to pause for a moment and discuss the food...the cocktail hour was beyond and the dinner was fantastic. My parents are very tough critics and they still RAVE about the filet and crab cake. French Creek takes the cake for an understated, elegant, luxurious venue that is also reasonably priced. Can you tell I'm in love?

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/13/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking

My husband and I had our reception at French Creek and loved it! French Creek is the definition of simple elegance, and that was the feel I was looking for! Janet, the wedding coordinator, is extremely thorough, efficient and responsive. She even created us a personalized packaged based on our budget. The staff is friendly and professional, and venue and golf course is beautiful and our wedding day went so smoothly thanks to all of their hard work! I would recommend French Creek to any bride looking for a stress-free reception and beautiful location!

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/19/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

We booked French Creek for our wedding reception venue 17 months in advance for our date of 10-15-2016. It was the third venue we saw in person, and I knew immediately that it was the perfect one for us. We had barely gotten home from seeing it when I was ready to call them and officially book our date. The setting is absolutely beautiful. The outdoor patio was quite a selling point for me- it overlooks water which was important for my husband, and I fell in love with the oak tree and spring house. It doesn't hurt that our wedding date landed on a sunny, warm autumn day, but I wasn't concerned with the weather to begin with since the patio is covered and has big sliding glass doors so that our guests would have had terrific views of the scenery regardless of the weather conditions. Due to the natural beauty and character found both inside and outside of this venue, I knew I only wanted to contribute minimal decorations for the reception so that our guests wouldn't be distracted from all of the elegance that French Creek offers. The service provided by the staff and wedding coordinator, Janet Ruben, exceeded our expectations. They enthusiastically accommodated our personal touches and encouraged us to personalize and develop our dream wedding reception. Thank you for making it the best day ever!

Profile Picture Alison, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Check it out...simply a wonderful venue, outstanding food, and courteous and professional staff. Definitely would not hesitate going back for an event or highly recommending it for one. Please see the email below to Janet at French Creek GC following the event.

Hi Janet. I hope all is going well.

I just wanted to let you know you and your staff did absolutely a wonderful job with Kelsey & Scott's wedding reception. It couldn’t have been run better. Everyone top to bottom delivered fantastic service and provided the utmost care in every aspect we could have hoped for. All the guests raved about the venue and the food (from the hors d’oeuvres to the dinner courses) was just awesome ! Mary Ann and I could have not been happier. Thank you so much for all your efforts and please pass this message on to your staff. Additionally, please forward this to French Creek Club owners, they were so involved. We definitely would have no hesitation recommending French Creek to anyone and would genuinely encourage them to consider the venue for their event.

Thanks again and have a great summer (what’s left of it !),

Tom

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User6992534, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The venue is beautiful. Best wedding food I ever had and service was like at a 5 star restaurant. This was perfect for my son and new daughter-in-law. She said it turned out to be the wedding of her dreams.

Profile Picture Marita, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
3.7

So FCGC was an exceptionally beautiful venue, the location was beyond picturesque. The pictures of the day were beyond measure for the value of the venue. Sharon Hegney was very sweet and easygoing, staff treated us really well. Price point blew anything else away as far as location, setting and taste (food was excellent! ) HOWEVER, there was a few disappointments. The filet plates were supposed to be a combo filet and crabcake and the day of the wedding not a single one was served with a crabcake so essentially half the meal was missing (subbed with greenbeans and mashed which were good but a huge price difference that was glazed over). Our entire event was handed off from Sharon to Chris after the ceremony and there was absolutely NO guidance as far as timing and help with cake cutting, tosses ect..my photographer had to step in AND guide us as no one else was around.we also had am incident where my (the bride) mother and brother were told "no, these are for the wedding party" which I had not one of the passed hors d'oeuvres. I was EXTREMELY displeased about that! ! In all it still was a breathtaking venue, FCGC staff were curteous and the "extras" like the staff set up and breakdown, they even decorated and put together the centerpieces for us , cake, linens all inclusive all made this Venue a beautiful, economic choice that easily made it look high class and more expensive than it actually was!!! LOVED IT!!!!

Profile Picture Desiree, 4/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at FC on Nov 7. I didnt want a standard country club setting, but we were on a budget that wouldnt allow for a Philly ballroom. French Creek was a perfect medium with elegant features and an affordable price. They recently made upgrades to the property which were completely in line with our vision. We had our cocktail hour on the patio, which was perfect for our guests to mingle under the stars. We had a band who blew the roof off; every waiter/waitress was walking around dancing along to the music. Sharon is wonderful to work with, Mina and Sophia took care of every need on the day of, and "the Joe's" delivered an amazing meal - every guest raved about the food! Overall it was a terrific party and a day I would relive over and over!

Profile Picture Erica, 11/7/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up

When my husband and I visited FCGC a few years ago I knew immediately this is the place where I wanted us to get married. I can’t even begin to explain how easy and fun planning our wedding was with the staff. Sharon, the event planner was on top of everything we requested and just made our visits so much more comfortable and about us. The golf course alone is breath taking and with the new add features in the ballroom just makes this place more unique. All my guests complemented on how amazing and perfectly cooked entrees were. I highly recommend French Creek and can’t wait until our next visit.

Profile Picture zaina, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Barware, China, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Jackie Hogan and the crew at French Creek made my wedding completely stress-free and gorgeous. People told me how stressful wedding planning was going to be, and I was so worried. I experienced virtually no stress and it is all due to the employees at French Creek. They are helpful, generous, kind, and willing to meet your needs. They are flexible and are a great group to work with. Our reception and ceremony were both there, and the grounds were beautiful. Our pictures turned out great mostly due to the amazing scenery we had. French Creek is a perfectly picturesque place to get married with a top notch staff there to help. DEFINITELY go there!!!

Profile Picture User4580742, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at French Creek Golf Club on October 17, 2014. French Creek cannot be more beautiful. The grounds are very well maintained with seasonal landscaping, manicured golf greens, and amazing trees in the background. The interior feels warm, comforting, and not overlly stuffy. It feels modern, but still very classic.
Our wedding couldn't have been better! The bridal party stayed separated on different floors of the building, both rooms stocked with snacks and drinks for our entire day. My bridesmaids, myself, and my mom all had our hair and makeup done in the bridal suite at FC- it was comfortable all day. Jackie, and all the staff at FC, were friendly and so helpful. Weeks before the wedding Jackie gave me her personal cell number to contact her, which made me feel very well taken care of. She made me feel like I was her only bride, even though this is a venue that caters to many different weddings and events throughout the year.
If we could do it all over again, we would definitely choose French Creek again. We received many compliments on our venue.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/17/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

French Creek Golf Club was an amazing wedding venue! They always had everything under control, and were extremely flexible so that I could have everything I wanted to make my wedding day special. No one had to lift a finger day of - French Creek took care of everything from setting up to tearing down - which let my family and friends relax and enjoy themselves. The ceremony area outside is beautiful, the food is amazing, and the staff is just exceptional - always there when you need them but never in the way. And best of all I was never surprised with extra costs and fees! I just can't say enough about French Creek!

Profile Picture User4516710, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Oh my gosh-where to start with French Creek Golf Club. We had our wedding reception at French Creek, an amazing venue! First of all, the location is beautiful. The ballroom is equally as beautiful! Jackie Hogan and her staff were wonderful to work with. I was so impressed with their attention to detail. I dropped off so many boxes of items for the reception. Jackie took the time to look thru everything with me. I appreciated the tjme she took to make sure all was set up as I had planned. She made this bride feel as relaxed as possible:). The champagne greeting was a wonderful start to our night. The coffee station to go was so nice to offer our guests! And the food- wow! It was so incredible! The service was top notch! My guests could not stop talking about the food! A big Thank you for helping to create the time of our life! I highly recommend French Creek Golf Club as a wedding venue! You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/11/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jackie and her staff were amazing on my wedding day, couldn't have asked for a better venue. I travelled from out of state and everything went as smooth as if I planned everything up there!

Profile Picture User4462552, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

French Creek was absolutely beautiful. We had our ceremony outside followed by cocktail hour with the reception in the ballroom. We received so many complements from our guests about how unique and picturesque the venue was. The staff was all so friendly and helpful, especially Jackie, the wedding coordinator. Whenever I had a question she was always there to put my mind at ease. The day of our wedding I didn’t have to worry about a thing as everything was set up and ready for us.
I would absolutely recommend French Creek and I couldn’t be happier with how magical and memorable our wedding day was!

Profile Picture Holly, 9/19/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't know where to begin....everything was WONDERFUL!!!! Jackie was fabulous to work with...the whole staff was super !! Everything from the beginning of the planning stage of our wedding to the end of the evening when we left was nothing short of excellent. The wait staff during the wedding reception was very professional. Our guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about the whole event. Thank you to everyone involved from the beginning planning stages to the end of the reception!!

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The staff at French creek were very accommodating, professional, and very experience in planing our wedding reception. It was a one stop shop as we didn't have to go and find our own cake baker and florist, as it was included in our packaged. Stress free.

Profile Picture Lucas, 8/30/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

French Creek Golf Club is a stunning venue! Everything about it is romantic and elegant. My husband and I looked at many venues before we found French Creek. We thought we were going to have to "settle" for something we thought was "okay" but French Creek surpassed all of our expectations! The staff here are all extremely helpful, accommodating, and professional. Every aspect of our wedding was perfect and my husband and I could not be any happier. The wedding coordinator Jackie, was beyond fabulous to work with. She is absolute joy to be around!! Jackie is a phenomenal person both professionally and personally. She went above and beyond to make sure I was a happy bride and accommodated all of our creative ideas and visions for our wedding. Our guests are still talking about how amazing the food was, and how beautiful the venue was! French Creek was a dream come true and they will have a special place in our hearts for the rest of our lives!!

Profile Picture April , 8/22/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved everything about my wedding. The best part, the venue!! French creek has beautiful landscaping. The staff set everything up exactly the way I wanted it. Jackie the event coordinator was great at keeping things light and easy when it came down to the wire! At first it was a little difficult to get a hold of her but she made sure everything was great.

Tara and JT
8.15.14

Profile Picture Tara, 8/15/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

First of all, Jackie, the wedding coordinator, is wonderful! She assured me that everything would be taken care of. She answered my tons of questions. She was very willing to meet my fiance and I. She kept every request, question, conversation on file. She was extremely professional and thorough. My guests could not stop raving about the gorgeous venue and the picture perfect scenery. I could not imagine a more perfect setting for the most important day of our lives. All of the food was delicious, along with the goodbye station. Apparently there were brownies that were to die for, but I missed out on them. As part of that package, they supplied sparklers for our grand exit and it was so picturesque. The venue and staff exceeded my expectations. I could not have been happier with having our wedding here. LOVE LOVE LOVE French Creek!

Profile Picture Jewel, 8/9/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Both my husband and I grew up in the area and wanted a classy, fun wedding. Since we live in San Francisco now, having Jackie and her assistants coordinate and hone in all of our wedding visions/ideas was an amazing relief. We really enjoyed developing our vision for the our wedding with Jackie. She is quick to respond to phone calls and e-mails. She goes above and beyond what we expected, she is just a saint! I actually miss her, since we worked together for over 1.5 years on our wedding! We received many compliments from our friends and family, who have pretty high standards (like my husband and I), on the food and the location! Jackie even has decorations like table numbers, votives, chargers, etc. for you to use. I didn't know this but we used the charges and incorporating some of their plain votives into our gold, navy and coral color theme. Everything was absolutely beautiful, I felt so confident and relaxed throughout the wedding! My husband and I had the best day ever and would do it all over exactly the same.... maybe in 5 or 10 years ; )

Profile Picture Kate, 6/14/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning