17 Reviews for Freethinker Ceremonies

4.7
17 Freethinker Ceremonies Reviews

We didn’t know what we wanted, but we knew what we didn’t. Chuck helped us write our own vows by providing us with some great ideas. And Chuck had the wisdom to know that there was no way I was going to make it through our wedding ceremony at the length we had written it. (We got married outside on a cold, windy, October day.) So he scaled it down and never said anything about me wanting to be my own best friend!

Profile Picture Becky, 10/31/09, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We loved Chuck's philosophy and attitude towards freedom of expression. I'm so glad we found him. He is very professional and knowledgeable. I feel that the cost for officiants is a little high, but they do conduct the most important part of your wedding day. I wish that I had gotten to know Chuck a little before the ceremony. It was a little weird to have a complete stranger perform the ceremony (We did not have a rehearsal). I think just one phone conversation would have helped to ease this feeling.

Profile Picture Lyndsay, 9/4/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Chuck Martin made my ceremony! He did an amazing job writing a custom ceremony that completely fit mine and my husband�s personalities. He was professional and easy to work with. He was there for us with anything that we needed and did an exceptional job.

Profile Picture Rebecca , 8/29/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Chuck did a good job and was extremely flexible with how we wanted the ceremony arranged. He stuttered in the beginning of the ceremony with a few of the lines, but afterward it all fell into place and I don't think anyone else noticed. He did a good job directing the guys on what they needed to do during the rehearsal and ceremony. He also helped keep the ceremony going smoothly before it started (from what I've heard - I was stuck in the limo!). He does includes mileage from Allegan with the cost. Our wedding was in East Lansing, which brought up the cost, but the price was still reasonable. Included in the cost was the rehearsal as well, which was nice.

Profile Picture Katrina, 6/6/09, 5 Reviews
3.8

Chuck was very personable and help with many valuable benchmarks when we were searching for vows.

Profile Picture Mike, 5/1/09, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We were so fortunate to have found Freethinker Ceremonies for our wedding officiant. Chuck helped us put together a wedding that truly reflected us, and it did not go unnoticed. All of our friends and family commented on what a beautiful, sincere, and loving ceremony we had. It was a pleasure to have worked with Chuck and Freethinker Ceremonies. We recommend them to any of our friends and family with absolutely no hesitation. Thank you, Chuck!

Profile Picture C, 12/27/08, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Chuck was great. When my husband messed up the vows, Chuck improvised and make everyone laugh. He was very cooperative and enthusiastic with helping us personalizing our ceremony. We would definitely recommend him.

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/6/08, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

He did a wonderful job. I just wish he would of caught and correct as I placed the ring on my husbands wrong hand.

Profile Picture Kasey , 8/29/08, 1 Review
3.3

You can tell Chuck is very new to officiating. We loved that he let us really create the ceremony based on some samples he gave us. However, Chuck didn't really act like he knew what he was doing at the rehearsal because he hadn't done too many. I had to get everybody moving and in their places. Also, on the wedding day everything was fine, but he forgot to tell everyone to sit down after I came down the aisle. I think that Chuck just needs more practice to be really good. I hate to mention this, but it was a huge deal for me changing my name... He also forgot to sign our marriage license so I had to mail a copy back to him and have him sign it to then mail back. I work full-time + some, am taking grad classes and travel a ton so this was extremely inconvenient to have it be 3 weeks after the wedding and just now getting our signed marriage license. Chuck is an extremely nice person and overall needs some work. I also thought he was a little pricey considering we figured out the whole ceremony, met him once, sent about six emails back and forth, did the rehearsal and spent about an hour on the wedding day. Although I know officiant's are expensive. For a casual wedding I would definitely recommend him, but for a more formal wedding I would go with someone with more experience. Please keep in mind that we knew he hadn't done many weddings when we selected him. I decided to take a chance because of the limited choices for a non-religious ceremony.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Courtney, 8/23/08, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Chuck performed our wedding on 8/22/08. Every part of working with him was excellent. He was flexible in allowing us to choose the content of our ceremony, but also very helpful in suggesting what to include. Our ceremony ended up exactly as we wanted it to be � simple, but beautiful and meaningful. Our family members were all impressed, and commented on how thoughtful and unique the ceremony was. We would recommend Chuck to anyone looking for an officiant!
Traci and Jason

Profile Picture Traci, 8/22/08, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Chuck from freethinker ceremonies did a beautiful job. I love the way he did our ceremony. He has us face our guests as we made our declaration. This part of the ceremony really made the day for many of our guests. I can not count how many people told us that was amazing to be included in that way. Then there is the ceremony that Chuck wrote for our day. It was incredible. I will hold his words with me forever. He did such a great job of capturing who we are and what we hope to be in our ceremony.

Profile Picture Sara, 8/15/08, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Chuck was AWESOME to work with! He sent us sample ceremonies to look over and then let us write our own ceremony. Everyone loved our wedding since it was so "us!" Even my stuffy uncle said "that's the way all weddings should be!"

I am actually a wedding photographer, so I see a million weddings every year. I wish that all officiants were as professional and easy to work with like Chuck! It would make my job much easier!

Brides, if your looking for someone to officate your wedding- look no further, Chuck is your guy!

S and T married 08.08.08

Profile Picture Sasha , 8/8/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Chuck was a great officiant, very professional, and helps you make your ceremony the way you want it. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Harmony, 7/19/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Chuck did an amazing job! The ceremony was perfect! We would recommend him to anyone!

Mike & Melissa

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/11/08, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Thanks for doing such a great job! We appreciate your flexibility as we were on a time constraint! Thank you for being a part of our wedding!

Profile Picture Candice, 6/20/08, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Chuck was perfect!! Our ceremony perfectly reflected us and our values without forcing us into other people's beleifs like many of the other officiants we had looked at. Chuck met with us multiple times and e-mailed us frequently to make sure everything was exactly as we wanted it. After the ceremony, all of our friends and family commented on how original and perfect our ceremony. They said that they could definetly see our personalities throughout. His diction was also spectacular. We were able to hear every word he said perfectly on our digital camcorder. Thanks Chuck we will definetly reccommend you!!

Profile Picture Angela, 6/14/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Chuck Martin was more than we ever dreamed. After one meeting with us, he wrote a ceremony that was so perfect and so personal that my whole family thought that I wrote it! It just had "us" stamped all over it and really captured the essence of our relationship. He was so friendly and easy to talk to. We are forever indebted to Chuck for making our wedding a delightful experience that we can remember always. We would highly recommend Chuck to any couple seeking an officiant that has a wonderfully personal manner and a talent for beautiful composition.

Profile Picture Gena, 6/1/08, 1 Review