Fox Hollow Catering, Hotel & Restaurant Reviews

294 | Woodbury, NY

294 Reviews for Fox Hollow Catering, Hotel & Restaurant

Krisja · Married on 05/22/2014

Fox Hollow has gone above and beyond for us! From David Gerin who we initially met with to Jessica who was our planner and Michael the director of operations! These 3 people definitely made our experience more than memorable! They did not let is down once and everything was so magical and perfect we couldn't have been any happier! It truly was a perfect day. The Sommerly js an outstanding room, so gorgeous and so perfect, how could one be disappointed! We elected to do the new menu that goes with this room and everyone loved it. The food was delicious, all of it! Fox Hollow thank you so much for everything and for having a part in making our day a more than perfect one!!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Amy · Married on 05/10/2014

Everything was so beautiful, I couldn't have asked for anything more! The staff is way more acommidating than I would have ever expected! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Joanna · Married on 05/02/2014

First, let me tell you that any venue run by the Scotto Brothers is going to be great. They run their venues fabulously. And their food is ALWAYS delicious. We got married at the Fox Hollow's newest room, the Somerley. I think they described it as "English Chic". It's new. It's bright. It's an updated, beautiful room with a fireplace, glass ceilings, beautiful 'wall sculpture' (that what my husband called it). It's huge! And the cocktail hour room is gorgeous! Beautiful fireplace with candles. You just need to see it for yourself. The grounds are just stunning. And like I said, the food was amazing. Our guests had 7 choices for their entree. Most people were stuffed from all the food they had at the cocktail hour (including a homemade mozzarella station). My bridal attendant was spectacular. She made sure we were where we were supposed to be. She made sure we had drinks. She fed us. She bustled my dress. Just amazing. And every time I called the Fox Hollow, there was always someone there to answer my questions. These people have been in business for a long time. They know what they're doing. Get this room if you can. It books up fast.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Melissa · Married on 04/26/2014

As soon as I went to the fox hollow I fell in love with the Somerlay. The whole crew at the fox hollow was amazing and very accommodating. If we had any questions we would call and leave a message and they would get right back to us. The whole night of the wedding, the workers were so nice, and always there for both myself and my husband. Booking the fox hollow was one of the best decisions we made. We were extremely happy and satisfied.

Sent on 04/29/2014

Victoria · Married on 04/24/2014

I was not big on having a wedding on Long Island, but from the minute I drove into Fox Hollow, I knew my husband and I had to get married there! I was in awe at the beauty and affordable of the place. A lot of things did not go according to plan on my wedding day, but my Bridal Attendant Noelia and Maître D Samir made sure everything ran smoothly, and seamlessly! Our Pastor was late so we had to push the Cocktail Hour before the ceremony (accidents happen); everyone is still speaking about how amazing Cocktail Hour was, and how inventive it was to do it before the ceremony (they had no idea what chaos was behind the scenes), but Samir made it seem normal, like we requested it to be that way! Noelia was absolutely amazing, she not only put my veil on for me, but bustled my dress and helped me change into my reception dress. She also made sure I ate, and had time alone with my husband after the ceremony. Samir took care of us, not just my husband and I, but also my bridal party and vendors! Everyone LOVED the food, and the experience at Fox Hollow, so much that one of my newly engaged friends are looking into booking them for her wedding!

Thank you Samir and Noelia for a memorable day!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Kristine · Married on 04/11/2014

Best night of our lives. We where married in the Wintergarden Room, our reception was in the same room as well. All my dealings with the Fox Hollow were professional and positive, except for one. On the morning of my wedding I was told I could drop off some items, seating chart and centerpieces, and decorate the cake. When I arrived with my brides maids the receptionist was rude and not helpful. She told me I was mistaken and could not drop anything off unless a manager was there and nothing could be done.

Thankfully my brides maids where there to handle the situation, I was a mess of emotion and started crying. Approximately 5 min later a manager came outside, apologized for the confusion and resolved the situation immediately.

Everything else was perfect. The room looked gorgeous, my matre'de and bridal attendant anticipated all of our needs made us feel beyond special. All of the wait staff worked together to make my night unfold effortlessly, all the food was brought out on time and tasted delicious too.

There are so many other positive things I could say, little moments that made this truly the best party I have ever been to. We want to do it all over again next year!!!!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Shanika · Married on 03/27/2014

I had my wedding at Fox Hollow in the Winter Garden room. From the beginning when we booked the venue, to our wedding day, the people at Fox Hollow were professional and went above and beyond for my husband and I. Our Maitre D' Samir, and Noelia the bridal attendant were top knotch and helped everything run very smoothly. Our guests raved about cocktail hour, and had seven entree's to choose from for dinner. To top it off, we were given a free room at their hotel next door for our wedding night. I would definitely recommend Fox Hollow for anyone looking for a beautiful venue, professional staff and great value.

Sent on 04/12/2014

Christine · Married on 03/01/2014

When my fiancé and I were viewing venues for our wedding I was extremely picky and he liked everything and anything I did. It didn’t make it easy. When we saw fox hollow we were both in awe by the beauty of the place and what they had to offer. I thought there was no way we were going to afford this place. To our surprise we got an amazing price and I was able to have the wedding of my dreams! Everyone told me don’t be upset if something doesn’t go according to plan on your wedding day because it’s inevitable that something will go wrong. With the fox hollow staff taking care of everything, everything was beyond perfect! Natalie, our bridal attendant was just a doll and absolutely amazing. She made me feel like a queen! She even helped me fix my hair after I tried to take off my veil by myself. Samir was the behind the senses coordinator. He was always moving but yet always made sure my husband and I were taken care of. They were just amazing! My husband is in the Army and we live in Texas where he is stationed. I thought planning my wedding from out of state would be a disaster, but with fox hollow, they made it so easy to have my wedding be a day that I will never forget!

Sent on 03/19/2014

heidi · Married on 02/14/2014

Absolutely beautiful, wonderful service! Thanks to all for a perfect wedding <3

Sent on 02/19/2014

Vanessa · Married on 02/08/2014

Fox Hollow was the only place my husband and I looked for our wedding. We had our wedding reception in the new Somerly room. It's got a private entrance hall, a beautiful, modern-look cocktail hour space, and the bridal suite may be bigger than some apartments! Everything we asked for, we were able to have--a giant raw bar (the seafood boat) in our cocktail hour, all the stations, the fireplaces! Our room looked amazing--we had about 170 people, but it fits 220. The dance floor is huge, and there's a small lounge off the dance floor--walk between both bars to get to it!--where people could go to chill, relax away from the music. It's also where our Viennese hour was held. The food was to die for, you get 7 entrée choices right off the bat, and the cake and the desserts are STILL being talked about. Samir was our maître'd, He's professional and just fantastic! Noelia was my bridal attendant, and she anticipated every move I needed to make, whether it was food from the cocktail or a glass of water. DEFINITELY look at Fox Hollow if you're looking for an amazing space.

Sent on 02/16/2014
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 01/18/2014

from the second I walked into Fox Hollow and saw the new Somerley room I knew our wedding would be here. now we had day of coordinators so I could be wrong but to me as the bride we had a perfect wedding. nothing went wrong. the food was amazing and I was even shocked by it. I mean weddings don't usually have food that good. and the martini bar we got was well worth it. I only wish I got to drink more lol. if you are still shopping around for a wedding reception hall this is your place. and I know people say wedding factory but not even once did I feel like I was just another bride or even felt like another wedding was going on anywhere else. and my friend who went to a wedding earlier at Fox Hollow said ours was 1000x better in the somerley room lol. plus nighttime weddings are always more fun as people get crazy.

also I didn't see it but I'm sure our photographer got pictures of it, the seafood boat people could not stop raving about. I also got a bag of our exit station cookies which again I didn't expect much but they were delicious!

Sent on 01/21/2014

Lisa · Married on 01/18/2014

So happy with my wedding on 1.18.14 at Fox Hollow, everything was amazing. Samir (maitre d) and Claudia (bridal attendant) were simply great (amazing!!) and everything runs very much like a well oiled machine there. The somerley room was gorgeous. Had no glitches, and was so happy they kept everything on track and scheduled!!! So happy with the whole day.

My one con I can think of, I wish I didn't have purple uplighting (read a bit cheesy). I would've changed this but was too crazed the day of I didn't ask.

Sent on 02/01/2014

Amazing service! Everyone was helpful from start to finish. The food was delicious and the venue was beautiful.

Sent on 01/10/2015

Michelle · Married on 01/04/2014

It was really difficult choosing a venue for our wedding but finally we chose Fox Hollow.
    The staff was incredible (even helped me get a stain out of my dress 45 minutes before crunch time!)
    Food was excellent, and the vendors they recommended performed even better than expected.

Thank you so much for making our wedding day, a delight!

Michelle and Alex.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Michelle · Married on 01/04/2014

Fox Hollow was wonderful, service was beyond great. we were never rushed, and took care of all our concerns we had. The Value was great and still got top notch service.

Sent on 02/02/2014
  • User2742016 · 2+ years ago

Two words - TOP NOTCH! These guys sure know how to throw a party!! It was a dream come true night in the brand new Somerly Suite. Ask for Semir - he ran the night like clockwork. Natalie was the best bridal attendant, had things for me before I even needed to ask.

Got married there on Dec 7th, and all our family and friends are still raving about what an amazing time they had.

Don't hesitate - book them now!!

Sent on 12/26/2013

catherine · Married on 11/22/2013

Fox Hollow was absolutely amazing. My husband & I are from the Bronx & Westchester. We liked that it was different from everything in our areas. We first met with Bruce. He was great. He made us feel very comfortable during the whole process. The whole planning process was seemless. We had about 150 people & were in the Garden Terrace room. We had about 15-16 round tables. It was set up perfectly.
    When my husband & I arrived, we were greeted by the staff & were introduced to Samir, our maitre'd, & Rene, our bridal attendant. (At our final drop, Mike let us know we had a man named Samir as our maitre'd. He said we were lucky, that he was the absolute best.) We CANNOT say enough good things about these two people. They were about 20 steps ahead of our every move. They knew where to direct us, how to help us, had water & drinks waiting for us, I really cannot explain to you how epic these two were. Rene fixed the bustle of my dress that kept coming down & even brought my husband & I a ton of food for our cocktail hour (& covered us in table cloths so we wouldn't get dirty!) & let my husband & I have some private, chill out moments that were incredibly rare that night. Samir helped my husband's friends set up a cookie station for exiting guests, he even packed up two extra dinners & cake slices & cookies for my husband & I for afterwards, as he knew we didn't get to eat too much.
    The next month, we attended a friend's wedding at Fox Hollow. They didn't have Samir. We actually left the room, asked the staff for Samir. He came out of the wedding he was working & greeted us. We needed to tell him personally how amazing he was & how much we appreciated everything he did for us. It was nice to know that Samir remembered our names, our wedding, everything. He was great.
    We loved Fox Hollow & would recommend them.

Sent on 01/04/2014

Siobhan · Married on 11/15/2013

Awesome place for my wedding. Meghan the bridal attendant was the best!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Alison · Married on 11/10/2013

We booked The Somerley with Dave Guerin at an insanely great price because we booked it when only the room was finished. Everything else was still in blueprints. The second we walked into that room we instantly knew it was for us. It literally took my breath away. While everyone we dealt with was good, we met Samir (he came in on his day off to meet with us) and knew we had to have him as our maître d. When I say he is a professional, that doesn't even come close to explaining the kind of service he provides. Our wedding day was absolutely flawless and Samir did everything to make it this way. He put me at ease and made me completely confident that everything as taken care of. He even helped me escape the photographers to be able to eat our dinner. He has such a bubbly, outgoing personality it would be hard not to like him. Our food was outrageous, they provided everything for our ceremony which was beautiful and the staff made our reception room look spectacular. My bridal attendant Claudia also went out of her way to make sure anything we needed was taken care of immediately. She also made all of our stuff appear in our suite at The Inn next door so we didn't have to worry about cleaning up anything or taking anything back with us. I feel so lucky to have booked with fox hollow and have such a great staff taking care of us!!!! We had the most beautiful day ever and so many people told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Laura · Married on 11/08/2013

Can not think of enough great things to say about Fox Hollow. From the moment we walked in the door when we first went to see the venue we were hooked. We left knowing we found the place where we would be getting married, and called the next day to put our deposit down. Everyone was incredibly professional and so willing to work with us. My husband wanted a specific beer to be served and they were able to accommodate that with no question, we even got a call the week of the wedding to confirm the correct one was being ordered. Our maitre'd and bridal attendant were 2 of the nicest people we had ever met, and they made sure we had nothing to worry about. They made it a point to make sure we sat down to eat, which was so appreciated, not only because we were hungry but because the food is so delicious! We had our ceremony there also and it was beautiful. Our family and friends are still letting us know what a great time they had. I will be making sure anyone I know of that is planning their wedding makes an appointment at Fox Hollow. Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 12/14/2013
  • Christian

Christian · Married on 10/27/2013

Beautiful place!!! We got married here the end of October. Everything was perfect! Our Maitre D and Bridal Attendant were awesome!!! No complaints!!

Sent on 11/02/2013

Samantha · Married on 10/18/2013

Fox Hollow made our wedding SO special. Every detail throughout the day for my family, friends, and my husband & I was TOP-SHELF. I recommend this venue to ANYONE who is getting married!

Sent on 11/28/2013

Rhiannon · Married on 09/21/2013

Fox Hollow was recommended to me by a friend who had been to a few events there. I checked their website and found it to be exactly what I was looking for in a wedding venue, and after I started telling people I had booked my wedding there, I found out that everyone had not only heard of it, but they'd been there and could only tell me amazing things about their experience.

Needless to say it held up to the standard that everyone had mentioned to me. Our wedding day was flawless - we had intended to have our ceremony outside, but had to change it at the last minute due to rain, and there was absolutely no hesitation between changing it from outdoors to indoors. The Maitre D and Bridal Assistant assigned to me for the day were extremely attentive and made sure that everything ran smoothly.

I had a handful of guests with dietary concerns and not only did they allow us outside catering, but they catered to the people who had allergies with no problems or questions.

They were also nice enough to let me celebrate my friend's birthday in the middle of the wedding and sent her off with her own special cake! How amazing!!

I loved this venue, the grounds are beautiful and if I could get married again I would absolutely pick this place.

Sent on 10/05/2013

Our wedding at Fox Hollow was everything we hoped for. This is what they do and they do it well. Our Matrie'd and bridal attendant was more than we hoped for, with the initiative to have a water or a drink ready for me the entire time, even forcing us to drink and eat something. They did not say no to anything we requested. The bride and groom has a complementary stay at their 4 star hotel located right next door. The hotel is perfect place for guest to share more intimate moments after the wedding.

The catering hall has every option possible for your wedding. There's 3 different reception rooms, each with their own cocktail area and ceremony that are complete isolated from another. And even tho they are able to have 3 events at one time without interfering with any other events, Fox Hollow never holds more than 2 events at one time.

We had the Somerley room, which is a newly renovated reception hall that has a connecting gally room with couches and perfect for a photobooth. Both these rooms have sky lights allowing natural light into the room, 4 Plasma screens and a drop down projector for your use. The room is beautiful and the floors are waxed and buffed every week. There are also tables of various shapes that can be used.

The food was better than expected with various cuisines available to choose from for the cocktail hour. During the entree's at the reception, the guest are allowed to choose from 8-10 different dishes, a great option compared to the usual Meat/Chicken/Fish options at other catering halls. The wedding cake is also included in the package. If you are looking for a complete package with everything available with quality to make your wedding easier and perfect, Fox Hollow is everything you need.

Sent on 01/03/2014

Nina · Married on 09/20/2013

I cannot recommend the Fox Hollow enough for your wedding. When I began searching for a venue for my wedding, my fiance and I kept on hearing back from places saying $180 a head, $230 a head... and with two large families and a ton of friends we were feeling overwhelmed. Especially when we would go to those places and they weren't all that spectacular by any means for the price. Then we went to Fox Hollow. The second we walked into the Somerley room, we knew this was the place. It was modern, and absolutely gorgeous. No matter the price, we were gonna do it. And then they gave us the price... $104 a head!!!!

We just had our wedding there this past weekend, and it was easily the most beautiful ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Everyone was in awe of the place, and the maitre'd and bridal attendant (Samir and Megan) were outstanding. My husband and I absolutely adored them.

Everything was perfect. The food was excellent. The space was gorgeous. And the staff was wonderful.

Highly highly highly recommend it. Love doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about that place.

Sent on 09/23/2013