Fowler's Mill Golf Course Reviews

Fowler's Mill Golf Course 4
Fowler's Mill Golf Course 5
Fowler's Mill Golf Course 6
Fowler's Mill Golf Course 7

It was such a pleasure to work with Erin in the preparation of this wedding. She was well organized and helped us to focus our attention and planning as the event was coming closer. On the evening of the event the staff did an excellent job as well, handling the details so that I, the mother of the bride, could completely enjoy the evening and our guests! The food was delicious and the venue was beautiful. One of the decorations that seemed to make a huge difference was the up-lighting provided by the D.J. I was also very pleased to see the way Erin had placed our many votive candles around the room, making the evening seem even more magical. Initially, I was concerned about the fact that we had so many people coming to the event that we needed to put the dance floor in the grill room. As it turned out, I believe that having the dance floor and music in there made it a much better party! I think more people danced since there was no reason to feel self conscious that the people at the dining room tables were watching them. The dance floor was full all evening, with the guests not wanting to leave when the music stopped. Having the dance floor in the grill room also had the added benefit of allowing those who did not feel like dancing the opportunity to stay in the dining room and talk without having to shout over the music for dancing.
    We had a beautiful and fun wedding reception with excellent service and food at Fowler's Mill Golf Course! I recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 12/10/2015
  • W

Wendy · event on 11/08/2015

From the first meeting with Erin and Kaitlyn I knew my event was going to be awesome. They were very willing to make sure all of my ideas became a reality. The day of the event their entire staff worked hard to make sure everyone in attendance was well taken care of. The room was set beautifully and I could not have been more pleased with the way everything came together! I have planned many corporate, non-profit and private events, and Fowlers Mill was easily one of the best venues I have dealt with.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Linda · Married on 10/10/2015

As the mother of the groom, I was more than thrilled with the services and quality of Fowlers Mill as a location for my son and daughter-in-laws outdoor wedding, cocktail hour and reception. Every detail was perfect. Erin was extremely professional and always responded to questions, no matter how trivial the questions may have been; she NEVER made us feel less important or that we were bothering her. She responded to all emails and phone calls promptly and was always polite and a pleasure to work with.

The room set up was perfect and Erin's expertise in allowing for a functional flow of guests was certainly appreciated. She worked with us to help the bride and groom's vision of their special day become a reality and it certainly was PERFECT in every way imaginable. From planning to set up to helping to accommodate last minute requests, Erin and the other employees made this planning a breeze.

The food was delicious and prepared exactly as the couple requested. We received many, many compliments from guests, and even after 3 months continue to hear positive feedback, regarding the location, facility, food, decorations and quality of the service staff.

I have recommended Fowlers Mill to many friends and family verbally and through social media as I believe this is a hidden gem in Geauga County. I will certainly use Fowlers Mill for future events as needed.

My only recommendation . . . the bathrooms, although clean, could use a bit of updating.

Sent on 01/26/2016

Chrissy · Married on 08/15/2015

Awesome venue for a great price!!! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Ally · Married on 05/23/2015

My husband and I had both our wedding ceremony and reception at Fowler's Mill and we can't describe how perfectly everything turned out. Erin and Kaitlyn are absolutely amazing! On our wedding day, it seemed like they were always one step ahead of me and took care of so many things that I didn't even ask them to do. The outdoor ceremony site was beautiful and the food was absolutely delicious! Our guests gave us endless compliments and we would recommend anyone to check it out for a wedding or any other special event.

Sent on 05/26/2015
  • User5076310 · event on 05/10/2015

I have scheduled several events at Fowler's Mill, including my company golf outings as well as a bachelor's party. The service, experience, and price simply can't be beat. Over the last seven years I have tried various courses, and everyone at my company has decided that we'll just stick to fowler's. The golf and course condition are fantastic, staff is very reasonable, food is excellent, and planning the event is very hassle free.

Sent on 05/14/2015

Alfreda · event on 05/09/2015

Everything was OUTSTANDING about having our surprise birthday party at Fowler's Mill! The staff is EXCEPTIONAL to work with, even helping with details in pulling off the "surprise" part of the event :) You can tell the staff really works as a team. I can't stop raving about the quality of the food! We had a buffet that featured the prime rib. I've never tasted anything better! All of our guests commented on the quality of the food as well! We -- and all of our guests -- had such an enjoyable experience!

Sent on 05/13/2015

My Husband and I had to change our reception venue three months before our wedding. Although it was very stressful, it was a blessing in disguise. Erin was so easy to work with and so helpful. She saved us in so many ways. The golf course is beautifully manicured so I highly recommend taking pictures there. The food was amazing and space was beautiful and everything turned out better than we could have imagined. Everyone we talked to had a great time. The prices are very reasonable compared to other golf courses and venues in the Cleveland area. You will not be disappointed if you decided to have your Wedding and/or Reception at Fowler's Mill.

Sent on 05/18/2015

Lisa · event on 01/18/2015

Erin did a wonderful job taking care of everything that we needed. I just dropped stuff off and have basic instructions on where I wanted some things and she took care of the rest. The room looked great and the food was awesome!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Nicole · event on 11/23/2014

Thank you Erin! I can't tell you how many people complimented the party. I've heard about how beautiful the place was, how good the food tasted, and many have said it was a first rate or top notch event. Thank you, the chef and the rest of the staff very much!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Shawn · Married on 10/31/2014

Everyone was very nice,flexible and available, food was GREAT!!! And there was plenty of food also.
    We didn't want for anything everything was taken care of from begining to end.

Sent on 12/03/2014

Caryn · Married on 10/18/2014

My husband and I are lost for words on how wonderful and beautiful our wedding turned out. All the staff, especially Erin, were amazing to make our day memorable. Everyone went above and beyond and we couldn't be anymore thankful. We will definitely think of Fowler's Mill for any other large function! Thank you again!!!

Sent on 12/02/2014

Dustin · Married on 06/14/2014

Our previous wedding venue fell through, so we were scrambling to find a new venue. Fowler's mill happened to have our date open, and it was the best thing that could have happened. Erin (the event planner there) was absolutely incredible. She was an event and wedding planner in one.
    We were a little hesitant about the price at first because it was more expensive than our original plan, but with how everything turned out, it was an absolute steal. I would recommend anyone to have an event at Fowler's mill.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Fowler's Mill was a wonderful venue to have a wedding reception at. Geoff did an awesome job helping us make our wedding reception exactly how we wanted. He even went so far as to arrange to have a specific craft beer available at our request. Everyone helping us at Fowler's Mill was organized and extremely patient as we agonized over certain details. Some of our favorite things....1) The food was DELICIOUS! Our relatives still rave about the chicken! 2) During the reception, guests had access to the back patio to hang out on. It was nice for guests to be able to step outside and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the golf course and to get some fresh air. 3) Speaking of scenery, it is beautiful at the golf course! It made for amazing wedding photos and a scenic venue. 4) Golf Carts. For the pictures we were able to ride around the golf course in golf carts. I think it made taking wedding pictures more bearable for the groomsman....and my husband. Overall, the staff and facility were both outstanding! We highly recommend this venue for wedding receptions!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2012

I had my wedding reception at Fowler's Mill Golf Course. Sandy did an awesome job of putting together my dream wedding. I couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out. The food was awesome as well!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Jackie · Married on 07/07/2007

At first I didn't know what to expect because I had never been to a wedding at Fowler's Mill, but the staff was AMAZING! They were SO helpful with every step of our day! They let us choose which tee we wanted to be married at and did an amazing job setting up the ceremony site and appetizer display and the food was INCREDIBLE!! We are still receiving comments about how GREAT the foods was---I would go back and pay to eat the same food again! The staff was just great!

Sent on 01/24/2008

Chelsea · Married on 11/25/2017

Jennifer was absolutely amazing! She was so helpful throughout the entire process - it was amazing! I couldn’t have asked for a more friendly and hard working staff :) On top of that, the venue was absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Kimberly · Married on 07/21/2018

Communicating with Jen was wonderful! She did a great job! If you chat regularly or email your concerns/questions she can help! She gave us lots of pointers that we didn’t think about and was ready to do whatever she could to make the day special and run smoothly.

Sent on 08/01/2018

Monica · Married on 10/09/2010

3.5

Loved Fowlers Mill it was kinda hard to get someone to get back to you or to email you something they told you they would email you! But my wedding was perfect! Shannon was a huge help with the setting up of the room! she was also the chef and did an great job on the food i got comments all night about how good the food was! If we had to do it over again i wouldnt change a thing! Price was great too!!

Sent on 11/04/2010

julianne · Married on 10/22/2011

0.0
      2.5
      0.5

The setting is beuatiful but my experience with the reception was less than favorable. The decorations were just what we requested but the staff was still setting up the cocktail room when the guests started to arrive. The food was served luke warm to cold and the dessert table that was requested was not provided. "I forgot" was the reply when asked where it was. We provided a dessert to be passed out and had to ask for it or that would have been forgotten also not to mention that the coffee was taken away early, was filmy and had coffee grounds in the bottom of the cups. The initial quote was far less than the actual bill. I feel an updated price list should have been sent and would have been appreciated. We also would have liked the bill prior to the event but that request was ignored. Would I recommend Fowlers Mill as your wedding venue? The answer is NO unless you thrive on unneeded stress.

Sent on 10/25/2011