Four Seasons Biltmore Santa Barbara Reviews

21 Reviews for Four Seasons Biltmore Santa Barbara

• W

Whitney Van Pelt · Married on 06/29/2019

Ultra-premium everything!

My wife and I recently got married at this beautiful resort. The entire process, from when we initially scoped the venue all the way until we checked out of our room the day after the wedding, was absolutely seamless. Our main point of contact at the resort was Andrea Wang. Andrea is incredibly professional and completely on top of, and thoughtful, about every single detail. She took very good care of my wife and I and made us feel very special throughout our wedding experience. We continue to receive many compliments about the Biltmore staff from our wedding guests. Ultra-premium location, venue, staff, and overall operation. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Veronica · Married on 05/08/2016

Gorgeous venue! Maria was extremely efficient with handling catering. Guests loves the garden setting, perfect for our intimate wedding.

Sent on 05/25/2016

The Four Seasons Santa Barbara was the absolute PERFECT venue for our wedding --- no one knows how to do 5 star luxury wedding planning like the Four Seasons Santa Barbara! We were SO taken care of from minute one, our on site wedding coordinator Maria Svensson is an absolute delight and one of my favorite people ever! They came through with literally every request without hesitation, and made the wedding of our dreams come to life. The food was the best food we've ever had, filet mignon and sea bass for the wedding dinner menu, are you kidding? Just amazing! IT was the best weekend of our lives and all of our guests said it was the best wedding they had been to. 5 star service from beginning to end, they know how to do weddings better than anyone and make you feel like royalty the whole process. I wish we could get married here every year!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Monika · Married on 03/21/2014

The venue was beautiful, unfortunately the weather wasnt in our favor! Hey there is always next year right?

Sent on 12/05/2014

Rose · Married on 12/28/2013

We had a winter wedding (December 28) here, but the weather was still beautiful. All my guests LOVED it. You just cannot compete with how beautiful Santa Barbara is and the exact location of the Four Seasons is hands down breathtaking! It just has this serene ambiance and makes you feel like your inside a Spanish mansion instead of a hotel. The catering manager, Maria Svenson & Akiko, were very accommodating, they listen really well to all my requests & answers all my never-ending questions right away.

The price of course is somewhat expensive, but it is worth every penny! If you want your wedding to stand out, this is definitely a venue for you to highly consider. The suite was very cozy and just too beautiful. The staff are very friendly & very nice. They will try to accommodate whatever request you have. Most of all, it is a pet friendly resort!

FOOD... delicious! They take pride on their catering. We had a three-course meal with lobster & steak. The cake they made for me was custom-designed based on how I described it to look and they did a great job. Cake was very elegant and yummy! We had an almond chiffon cake with white chocolate & toffee crunch filling!

On our wedding night, we were welcomed in our suite with a tier of chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate coated pistachios, a chocolate wrapped with an iPhone screen showing how my husband proposed to me which made it personal and special, and a bottle of champagne!

We also had a facial on the morning of our wedding day, and it worked! We both looked blooming!

We would like to make it a tradition to spend our anniversary yearly here!

Sent on 05/29/2014

Great staff and amazing location, really not much else to say but I am so happy with how our wedding tuned out.

Sent on 03/03/2013

Sahar · Married on 10/22/2011

From the moment we called the Four Seasons to inquire about having a wedding there to the moment we drove home from our wedding at the Four Seasons, it was 5 star service in every single detail. Our wedding was perfect, the hotel was beautiful and made the perfect backdrop to some amazing pictures. We felt we got a lot more than our money's worth and that goes a long way when you're getting married on a budget. Every single one of the staff from the valet guys to housekeeping to catering manager provided the best service, were very friendly and professional, and all helped our wedding to go off without a single hitch. We would recommend this hotel to all of our friends and family!

Sent on 12/01/2011

Jenny · Married on 07/10/2011

Absolute Perfection! Gorgeous grounds, impeccable service, gracious staff and amazing food! From our first meeting with the catering manager Akiko, we we couldn't imagine having our wedding anywhere else. She helped us to plan an incredible menu and a perfectly orchestrated event for a truly perfect day! She thought of everything we could possibly need and carried out all of our wishes to a T. The staff was so unbelievable...we had everything we needed promptly and with a smile! We knew there were other, bigger weddings on the same day as ours but they made us feel like we were the only ones getting married and the hotel staff was there just for us. It really was an awesome experience! We are so grateful! It was everything we dreamed of!

Sent on 07/22/2011

Paula · Married on 05/30/2010

I had my wedding reception at the Escala Garden this past weekend (May 30, 2010) and I can't stop getting praises from my guests. Kellie, Polo and his colleagues were attentive and made my special day extra special. The buffet table was set up beautifully...they even provided the center pieces. The food was delicious...I want to go back and have another reception!! This is an awesome place to celebrate your wedding....the price is high but it's so worth it.

Sent on 06/01/2010
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 09/06/2009

Our experience at the Four Seasons, Biltmore was unparalleled. Every single detail was perfectly timed. The staff was incredible, our wedding catering manager, Kellie Beardon, became part of our family (you should ask for her by name). They had every single detail, from the welcome gift bags for our guests, to the spa knowing it was my wedding day, to incredible vendor recommendations completely taken care of with perfection and finesse. The location is breathtaking, on the ocean, surrounded by unbelievable gardens. The concierge desk, incredible, full of perfect recommendations from the right sports bar to watch the game to assisting with a wine tour for 50. It was perfect.

Sent on 09/15/2009

hilary · Married on 05/16/2009

The property is beautiful. The service is incredible. The food was outstanding. No detail was overlooked. Perfect Wedding. Highly recommended.

Sent on 06/02/2009

Lindsay · Married on 04/17/2009

La Pacifica Terrace and Ball room are AMAZING

Sent on 08/17/2009

Jessica · Married on 10/03/2008

There is no other venue in Santa Barbara as fabulous as the Four Seasons Biltmore. The service is unmatched! They replaced the grass the morning of my wedding at my ceremony site because it was a little wet. This place goes above and beyond in providing incredible service. The food was outstanding - there was not one guest at our wedding that did not comment on how amazing the food was. The venue is expensive, but it is just magical!! The grounds are amazingly beautiful and they take such good care of you!! You will not be disappointed if you book this site!!

Sent on 10/28/2008

Eryn · Married on 09/12/2008

We could not have asked for a more perfect location for our wedding! It was exactly where we both wanted to have it and we are incredibly pleased that it worked out! Of course, the service was perfection (it is a Four Seasons) but to have our ceremony in a garden that looks towards the ocean and the have your guests only walk 10 steps (literally) to the reception made the day incredibly fun and even relaxing! Maria, who was our contact at the Biltmore, worked closely with Lindsey, our coordinator, and I tell you the day couldn't have been more perfect. We had a sit-down dinner and the service was impeccable! My husband and I laugh about being treated like royalty that day!

Sent on 11/12/2008

Elizabeth · Married on 04/12/2008

My friend just got married here, and it was amazing and beautiful. If you can afford a venue such as this one, do it. There really isn't a more gorgeous setting and the hotel is five-star.

Sent on 06/04/2008
  • W

Jennifer · Married on 09/02/2007

Couldn't have asked for anything more! Fabulous!

Sent on 09/04/2008
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 08/27/2006

The Four Seasons Biltmore is probably one of the most beautiful venues I have ever seen. We had our ceremony in a lush intimate garden and the reception in a beautiful room overlooking the pacific ocean. Our guests were blown away by the atmosphere and ambiance, many remarking that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. The staff at the Biltmore are equally as impressive, displaying remarkable professionalism and courteousness rarely seen these days. I cannot say enough good things about this venue, in fact, my husband and I have already vowed to return for at least a week on our 10-year anniversary. You cannot be disappointed by this venue--it's simply the best!

Sent on 03/27/2007

Lesley · Married on 07/12/2014

We absolutely loved getting married in the Mariposa Garden facing out over the ocean. The scenery was just stunning.

Sent on 09/11/2014

Lyndsey · Married on 07/25/2009

It was the perfect place to get married. Right on the beach with such beatiful greenery. The staff was very nice and took care of everything that was needed. My son was also 1 at the time and the were very accommodating, they gave him a polar bear beanie baby and it is still his favorit

Sent on 04/28/2010

Erin · Married on 10/05/2010

We had an amazing experience at the Four Seasons. Our wedding was stunning and every detail is considered by the staff. We corresponded with Maria, who was an absolute pleasure to work with. She is calm and thoughtful and my husband and I loved our interactions with her. On the wedding day, Mark, our on-site manager was top-notch. He was so attentive and made sure everything ran exactly to plan. I couldn't praise the staff of the Four Seasons enough.

The hotel is excellent about helping you design a perfect menu, but this does, of course, come with a price, hence my slight down-grading on the price. And I would have liked to have the option of asking people what their choice was before the wedding. I understand this results in a lot of changes on the day, but given I had 62 guests, I think it could have been ok. This was a very minor detail, though.

I would certainly recommend this venue.

Sent on 10/12/2010

Danielle · Married on 10/25/2009

4.2

For the most part I was really happy with the Four Seasons Biltmore. Throughout the planning process they were accommodating, flexible, and very friendly. The only problems we encountered were on the weekend on the weekend (not a good time for problems to pop up). When my family and I arrived at the hotel the day before the wedding for the rehearsal we were informed that nobody's rooms were ready for check-in even though we had requested an early check-in. Then we discovered that they had entirely lost my husband's reservation and his best man's reservation and since they were entirely booked up they could not do anything to fix the situation. My husband and his best man ended up having to find a room at a nearby motel, which made things a little more difficult on the wedding day since they did not have a place on site to get ready. When I tried to discuss these issues with the catering manager who was handling my wedding I was informed by the front desk staff that she was too busy to come talk to me! Eventually, her assistant came down and said she was sorry, but they could not help us with the room problems. I ended up not being able to check into my room until after my rehearsal dinner, which was also a headache.

Things on the day of the wedding went better for the most part. However, I was assured that they would not water the lawn of my ceremony site the day before or the day of the wedding so the lawn wouldn't be mushy. Well, the lawn was very mushy for the ceremony and most of the women wearing heels had a lot of problem walking on the grass because they kept sinking in. My mom tripped going down the aisle because her heel got stuck in the wet grass. After the wedding had concluded, my rented chairs were sitting on the grass waiting for the vendor to pick them up. Apparently, they forgot to turn off the sprinklers again because the rental chairs got watered and were soaking wet. Fortunately, the vendor was very nice and did not charge me for any damage to the chairs.

Sent on 04/28/2010