Forward Fig Events Reviews

Forward Fig Events 6
Forward Fig Events 7
  • Kenly

Kenly · Married on 11/10/2018

No brainer! simply the best!

Andrea and Carol with Forward Fig are absolutely amazing. Hiring them was the easiest decision we made while wedding planning! They both complement each other so well and truly want you to have the wedding of your dreams. After sitting down with them for only 5 minutes, my mom and I instantly knew we needed them. They are so professional, attentive to details, and the best resource for any soon to be bride! Carol is fantastic with her vision - she is so creative and will help bring your dreams to life. Andrea is the books girl - she manages the money and makes sure you stay within budget. One of the toughest parts of wedding planning is coordinating between all of your vendors and managing a minute by minute timeline on the big day. It's so overwhelming to think about, but Andrea and Carol handled it all with ease. The day went by without a hitch and my mom and I could not be more thankful for their help and expertise!

Not only are they fantastic wedding planners but also so fun to be around! They will keep you laughing and make things as stress free as possible. No joke - hire them immediately!

• Cheryl

cheryl · Married on 10/20/2018

Best wedding planets ever!

I was hesitant to use a wedding planner, and inquired with several, still hesitant if i wanted to use one. When I met with Andrea and Carol I was instantly blown away by their genuine personalities and compassion as wedding planners. They also do a tremendous amount of volunteer work in the community. These 2 ladies were so prompt on every question And always offered options for things i was not sure about. There are so many things, from small details to larger that as a bride, you just dont think about, even if you have been in several weddings before. The absolute best part is that those 48 hrs before the wedding were stress free! No vendors calling, no follow up calls, etc. there might be a milkion fires they are putting out and you will never know. They do so much work for thier bride and families. Its really unbelievable how you dont feel like a job tk them- they are genuine and care ans truly want you to have the best day and not worry- and they made that happen! I had no issues and not one complaint on my wedding day! Even with rain, they made if happen cleaning chairs and getting my outdoor wedding to take place waiting til that very last minute before calling the final shot! With positive vibes and smiles- these ladies make your day, week, month and/or year of planning stress free and FUN! Best part - my wedding day was full of enjoying time with my girls, the moms and pampering while all the magic was being set up- zero interruptions and more time to be present in moments with my family with no worry! I would not have enjoyed the planning or any of this nearly as much without these 2 ladies. I absolutely highly recommend Carol and Andrea to any bride or couple! Best investment out of any vendor you get! Best team in the business!! Best hearts you will find!!

Forward Fig Events 8
    Forward Fig Events 9
    Forward Fig Events 10
    Forward Fig Events 11
    Forward Fig Events 12
    Forward Fig Events 13

Melanie · Married on 09/29/2018

First of all, these women are amazing! They are extremely talented and passionate about what they do. From my first meeting with them, I felt extremely comfortable and I knew they were going to help me plan my perfect wedding, and that is exactly what happened! Throughout the planning stages, they helped me stick with my budget by helping me find vendors and decorations that were amazing without breaking the bank. The day of my wedding, was extremely stress free because of these wonderful ladies. It POURED down rain and stormed for my outdoor wedding, and Forward Fig was AMAZING and handled the transitions of where to have the wedding and all of the guests with ease. I had no idea what was going on because they had everything covered. My wedding guests and friends have also all raved about how they handled everything on my wedding day. You will not find anyone more skilled and talented than Forward Fig! In a heartbeat, I would hire them again!

Brenda · Married on 05/19/2018

One of the best decisions we made was having Andrea and Carol as our wedding planners for our daughters wedding. They went above and beyond to make Ashley’s wedding perfect. They are awesome ladies and they are wonderful at what they do. From day one they were always there for us. They were very prompt getting back to us through phone calls, text, and emails. They worked with all the vendors to make sure we received the best pricing and also helped us find lines and discounted items we needed to purchase. I never worried about anything because they were always on top of things. The one thing they always said to me was not to worry about anything, that’s why we hired them. And they were right!
    Unfortunately, it rained a lot the week of Ashley’s wedding. Andrea and Carol had been watching the weather everyday and made phone calls to secure a tent the week of the wedding. That saved the day because we had to move the wedding ceremony under the pavilion at Chapel in the Woods. Andrea and Carol had a rain plan put in place very quickly. They decorated the pavilion to make it feel and look like a church setting. It was absolutely beautiful! After the ceremony they turned the pavilion into the reception in no time at all, at it was still as beautiful as ever! These ladies are remarkable at what they do. We could not have done this without them. They were with us every step of the way. They are the hardest working women I have every known and I am so happy to have met them and now call them my friends. Thank you Andrea and Carol from the bottom of my heart!
    Brenda Wall

pamela · Married on 04/28/2018

Carol and Andrea worked with us the year leading up to the big day, helping us pick our vendors, review contracts, and get our details straight. We (my new husband and I ) had little wedding - participation experience so had no idea what to do or expect! We were so overwhelmed at first but Carol and Andrea kept saying “don’t worry about anything” and I was like “WHAT DO YOU MEAN? That’s crazy, there’s SO much to worry about!” Well turns out we really didn’t need to worry about anything!!! Our wedding was a dream come true and everything ran so smoothly- except for Aaron accidentally leaving his fly down for the entire ceremony! I even got compliments from my guests, during the wedding, that they couldn’t believe how well the coordinators were making things happen and keeping the event running so smoothly. They were on top of everything from getting me in the right place at the right time to making sure all of our leftover food and the decor we brought got home after the wedding so that Aaron and I didn’t have to worry about any of that. Everything was packaged up - not a single broken glass, and even all the little lighters we had brought for the Sparkler Send Off were put back in the original package! I don't know how they did it! We are so grateful!

Forward Fig Events 14
    Forward Fig Events 15

Eileen · Married on 12/16/2017

OMG, these gals were amazing! I hired them for my corporate event and it was my most successful event ever. They thought of everything and executed the event flawlessly. They were creative, innovative, hardworking and great to work with. They saved us money too by actually taking on some the DIY projects I didn't have time for and negotiating amazing deals for the venue and food. I would hire them again in a heartbeat. Can't wait to use them again!

Forward Fig Events 16
    Forward Fig Events 17
    Forward Fig Events 18
    Forward Fig Events 19

Cindy · Married on 11/25/2017

Andrea & Carol of Forward Fig Events went above and beyond my expectations for my daughters wedding. They were always prompt and professional. They were in constant contact with us through the entire planning process. Always available for questions and they could see my daughter's vision of what she wanted for her wedding. They took her ideas and made them reality. The day of the wedding was like a dream come true. There was not one thing for me to do except enjoy the day. Carol & Andrea handled all the details. The wedding ran like clockwork from beginning to end. They worked with all the vendors, most of whom they suggested, like a well oiled machine. Hiring Forward Fig Events was the best decision I made regarding my daughter's wedding. It was well worth every penny! We could not have planned this gorgeous wedding without them!

Gwen · Married on 11/12/2017

Using Forward Fig to plan our daughter's wedding was the smartest decision we made. Carol and Andrea are the nicest, most caring wedding planners. They are enthusiastic, organized, creative, and devoted to making the day as special as can be for the bride. As out of town parents, it was comforting knowing that all the pre-wedding arrangements were in such capable hands. From the minute we arrived at the venue on the wedding day to the time we left, they gave their personal attention to every little detail. Everything was absolutely beautiful and our daughter said the day was everything she hoped it would be. Carol and Andrea are outstanding and clearly love what they do.

Amy · Married on 11/12/2017

Carol and Andrea could not have been friendlier or easier to work with, and I don't know how we would have planned our wedding without them. They made what can be an overwhelming process really easy for us from beginning to end, and we were extremely happy with all the vendors that they helped us find. They also did a great job with day-of planning and set-up, going the extra mile to make sure every detail was just right. When the weather for our outdoor ceremony turned out colder than expected, they were ready with nice blankets for each guest. And as the night was wrapping up, they made sure all our things and all the leftover food were nicely packed in our car and ready to go. We're so happy we chose Forward Fig!

Nan · Married on 11/04/2017

Our event went so smoothly. As parents of the groom, we could relax and enjoy every minute!

Mitchell · Married on 10/13/2017

Couldn't be happier with our choice to go with Forward Fig Events to plan our wedding! As soon as we met it was clear that they wanted to get to know us personally in order to ensure that they planned an event that really matched our personalities. They did a wonderful job with all the standard details - timeline, budget, venue options, communications, etc but where the Forward Figs shine is in their attention to YOU, your family and friends as well as an equal attention to your event.

Allison · Married on 10/07/2017

We cannot express our thanks enough for Carol and Andrea from Forward Fig on our big day! Since the beginning of our wedding planning, they have been very organized and responsive. They always went out of their way to meet with us and be flexible with our busy schedules. Our wedding was at home, and they were amazing at getting together all the vendors that a home/barn wedding requires. The day of the wedding was absolutely saved by Carol and Andrea as it was POURING rain! They set up a beautiful outdoor arrangement, and everything came together despite the weather. As a bride, I didn't have to stress out about the accommodations since we had them there. As an added bonus, Forward Fig was able to coordinate donations from our vendors to Alzheimer's Association which is near and dear to our hearts. I would highly recommend Carol and Andrea to couples in the area, especially if you want to build a great working relationship with 2 fabulous funny and professional women.

shea · Married on 09/02/2017

Learning about Forward Fig Planners was a true blessing for my daughter’s wedding. Carol and Andrea are both such professionals but also have hearts of gold. Planning a wedding can become overwhelming very quickly. Carol and Andrea were always right there to help with details, answer questions, suggest ideas, keep in touch with vendors and keep us on track. They not only provided help for months before the event but worked so hard the weekend of the wedding to make each detail perfect. The result was a dream wedding come true. I cannot say enough about these two ladies and highly recommend them for planning a wedding event.

• Kari

Kari · Married on 05/28/2017

Hiring Carol and Andrea was the best decision we made for our wedding. When I say these ladies did an amazing job, it's an understatement. I, admittedly, was a bride who thought she could do everything herself. I had already planned out most of our wedding and I figured how hard can it be to make sure everything comes together? I can't tell you how wrong I was and how happy I am that I came to this realization before, and not after the wedding. I spoke with a few wedding planners, all were lovely, but Carol and Andrea at Forward Fig stood out. They sold me. They asked me questions in our initial phone call that I didn't even know were things that I needed to think about. My husband and I live in Los Angeles and got married in Raleigh. It was so helpful to have Carol and Andrea local to our venue. Planning a "destination" wedding isn't the easiest when it comes to meetings, but they were always available and flexible when working around the time difference and being on opposite coasts. Every email, phone call, and text was immediately answered no matter how small the detail. We hired Forward Fig for day of coordination - but they went above and beyond. They booked our lighting for us, planned our rehearsal dinner, and represented us at our final planning meeting. I felt so comfortable with them stepping in for us because we had talked so much that they knew every detail I had in my head. The day of our wedding was FLAWLESS. Carol and Andrea were at our hotel rooms bright and early the morning of the wedding. They helped setup some of my DIY projects, made sure our hotel room changes ran smoothly and that Ryan and I didn't accidentally run into each other. These ladies even got us a complimentary upgrade to the presidential suite for our wedding night (um, hello?!). I can’t recommend Carol and Andrea enough. They felt more like friends and less like wedding planners. Our families loved them and they rolled with every joke our goofy wedding party threw at them.

Ashley · Married on 12/17/2016

Thank you Forward Fig! My husband and I were married this past December and we were lucky enough to have Carol with us as our Day Of planner, although she was much more than that! Forward Fig helped us out from the beginning, and thanks to them, the day was flawless. They helped me plan from afar and make a down-to-the-minute timeline for both the rehearsal and wedding day that was spot on! They were very easy to stay in touch with and rememebered all of the small details that went into planning our big day. Carol ran the rehearsal in a timely fashion and made sure everyone knew exactly what to do and where to be. Our wedding day was perfect, thanks to Forward Fig taking care of all of the behind the scenes aspects (like making sure my husband and I had time alone to eat dinner). They are very on top of it and great problem solvers! Thank you for helping make our dreams come true!

• Chryschia

Chryschia · Married on 12/10/2016

I am so glad I have found Carol and Andrea! I was a little hesitant to use a vendor that was fairly new to the industry but after meeting with them, trust me, you wouldn't think they are just getting started in the world of wedding planning. Carol has been an event coordinator for a non-profit organization for years (and she still is). Andrea have a strong background in management and all things "financial" (how much more detailed can you get???) and she too, have experience under her belt when it comes to event planning. After meeting with them and discussing my wedding plans and advising what I was needing help with, it was no surprise we were a good match. They are so easy to talk to, they offer valuable insight and information on so many other details that I haven't thought about, very flexible and very timely with schedules and deadlines. The thing I loved most about these two phenomenal ladies is their passion for giving back to their communities. With this passion being incorporated into this new venture, there's no question I want to be a part of something that gives back even in the smallest of ways. So far, Forward Fig has been nothing short of amazing of their promise to deliver. They've already assisted me with so much wedding planning and looks like my December wedding is already headed to a good start! Can't wait to see the conclusion of our valued partnership! if you want a worry-free and stress-free wedding planning, these are the ladies you'd want to have on board.

Sherice · Married on 07/16/2016

Carol and Andrea are truly an amazing pair who are willing to go above and beyond to ensure you have the wedding day that you have always wanted. My experience with Forward Fig was nothing short of amazing. I had originally hired a coordinator who was not following through with planning my wedding. She was not returning my calls or emails and not attending any of our scheduled meetings. I was in tears thinking about how close it was to my wedding date and how little was getting accomplished. I called Carol and right away she made me feel at ease. From that point forward, Carol and Andrea were there every step of the way. I hired them as “day of” planners but received full planning services. They met with me in person whenever I requested it. They texted me throughout the week to make sure I was staying on task with my to do list. We also talked on the phone numerous times to share ideas and discuss details. I was most impressed when Carol and Andrea produced a wedding timeline 18 hours after our initial meeting. The timeline included an hourly schedule of what would be going on during the wedding weekend (from Thursday evening through Saturday night, wedding was July 16, 2016). Carol and Andrea also stayed in contact with all of my vendors to make sure they knew the details of the wedding and stuck to the timeline. My husband and I could enjoy every moment of our wedding because Carol and Andrea handled every little detail that day. If there was a problem, I didn’t know about it. At the end of my wedding I was able to leave the venue without any worries. Carol and Andrea stayed to help clean up the venue and pack up our personal belongings. These ladies are amazing and they really made my wedding weekend very special!

Ashlie · Married on 06/25/2016

My fiancé and I choose Forward Fig as our Month/Day of coordinators. We couldn’t be happier with our decision. We met with at least five other Month/Day of coordinators but none of them got us as excited about our wedding as Forward Fig. Another reason why we choose Forward Fig was because we were very impressed that they remembered so many details from our initial email, such as our wedding date and how to spell our names. In addition, my fiancé and I were on the fence about getting a coordinator but when we met with Andrea and Carol we knew we needed a Coordinator. They asked us so many things that we never thought about and gave us so many awesome ideas. Carol and Andrea really gave us the impression that on our wedding day we can count on them to be there and do everything we need to make sure our day is perfect. Our wedding is in June 2016. Since hiring Forward Fig, our stress level has decreased immensely. They have helped us with our rehearsal dinner by securing a room at a discounted rate, and have given us tons of catering menus to choose from. In addition, they respond back to emails quickly and make sure to answer all question asked. I’m very impressed with the work by Forward Fig. I would recommend them to anyone that is looking for fun, energetic, knowledgeable, and organized coordinators.

David · Married on 06/25/2016

Honestly, I can’t express just how wonderful of a job they did for us on our wedding. It was absolutely the best day of my life and that was largely due to their hard work. Many of my guests even commented on how efficient, organized and focused they were on making everything so perfect for us. On our wedding day we had a couple of issues arise that could have been a disaster but Andrea and Carol were able to promptly resolve the issue. One of the issues was that the white vegan cake we had ordered was completely wrong which totally flustered me. However, Carol quickly explained that she would handle the situation and I was not to worry about it. Carol and Andrea were able to get in touch with the bakery and got us the correct cake. In addition, they had another one lined up in case the second cake was incorrect which was a huge relief was for me. We also had an issue with our DJ not playing the correct music during the reception. When we told them about the DJ, they immediately took our music selection list over to the DJ which solved the problem. When we first started planning our wedding we thought that we didn’t need a wedding planner but now I know that is not true. We could never have had a perfect wedding without Forward Fig. If you are on the fence about hiring a wedding planner or a day of coordination I would highly recommend Forward Fig because they will give you a stress-free wedding day. Hiring Forward Fig allowed me to enjoy my wedding day because my only responsibility for the day was to get myself ready for the wedding and enjoy it.

Carol and Andrea met with us to discuss planning for my daughter's wedding. They were extremely professional and responsive to any questions that we had. While we were meeting, they took extensive notes writing down everything we had in mind. In less than 24 hours we had a completely executed plan for the wedding and a price quote for their services. I could not believe how thorough they were and how they had listed everything we mentioned in the meeting. Flexibility was not a problem for them as they were willing to go above and beyond what were the usual duties for a wedding planner. I love the fact that they will prepare the reception favors and deliver them to the venue. We do not have to worry about anything at all. It is a big relief and we could enjoy the day.

Jessica · Married on 04/30/2016

My brother and sister in law were married this past weekend and Carol and Andrea were AMAZING! !!! Everything went so smoothly! They are excellent at what they do!!!

Danielle · Married on 04/30/2016

Carol and Andrea were "day-of coordinators" for our wedding on April 30th. I say "day-of" very lightly, because these two went above and beyond what we had originally asked of them. When I called Carol, I was overwhelmed with how to make the day-of events happen (as a planner myself, i knew it was impossible to do it alone). We hit it off immediately and she helped me feel at ease about the rest of the planning from that moment on. Carol and Andrea are very thoughtful (which makes them a great partner to work with!) and extremely detail oriented with a positive go-to attitude (which also makes them a great partner to work with...especially when the clock is ticking and you only have hours before you walk down the aisle!). My husband and I are truly grateful for all of their effort, hardwork, kindness, coordination and big smiles they provided not only at our rehearsal and our wedding day, but also all the time they spent with us leading up to these special moments. Thank you both, from the bottom of our hearts. We highly recommend Forward Fig to anyone with a wedding or major event coming up!

Meghan · Married on 04/17/2016

I am so glad that I meet Carol and Andrea and the Bridal Fair in Raleigh. Talking to these ladies and pretty much telling that we had little planned they were more than helpful putting my ideas and plans together. Carol and Andrea brought things to my attention that I had completely forgotten about. They were such a great help while my finance was deployed. I could not have asked for two better people to help get everything prepared for my wedding. They were very flexible when it came to meet and they were so sweet. I would not look anywhere else if you were looking for two people to be there on your special day. My wedding went so smoothly and I was able to enjoy it and not have to worry if something went wrong. I would use Andrea and Carol again and again!

John · Married on 11/12/2015

Urban Ministries of Wake County has relied on Carol Schwartz’s event planning expertise for several years. From small, informal meetings or focus groups to very large, complex, formal affairs for hundreds of guests, we have benefited enormously from Carol’s professionalism, commitment, energy and attention to detail. Carol’s confidence and event-planning instincts impart a calm on volunteers and everyone associated with an event. Time after time, her customer service skills and ability to manage contractors and subcontractors assure a first-class experience for our guests. I have never known someone as committed to customer satisfaction as Carol, and she brings this rare and valuable quality to every client of Forward Fig. Carol Schwartz, Andrea Fulbright and Forward Fig will never let you down.

Brianna · Married on 11/04/2017

I would describe myself as an organized person and never thought I would be the person to utilize a wedding planner. At the beginning of my planning process, I found myself super overwhelmed with contacting vendors (in part due to my indecisiveness and in part due to my job that limited my ability to my personal phone/email) and was dreading planning my wedding. I wanted to enjoy planning my wedding which is why I decided to seek a full service wedding planner. Upon first meeting Andrea and Carol, they were warm and inviting. They asked so many questions about what I wanted for our wedding, and I don't think I had the answer to any of the questions, but they assured me that was ok and we'd figure it out as we went. I decided their fee for wedding planning was super reasonable (and they donate part of it to a charity of our choice!) and worth my sanity throughout the planning process. They assisted me in contacting all my vendors, setting up appointments, and attending those appointments with me to ask questions I would never even think to ask. I should note they connected me with multiple vendors I would have never found on my own that they had previously worked with and were super cost effective. They kept me on a timeline and gave me deadlines on when to have decisions made and things completed (i.e., save the dates, invites mailed, etc.). They also created a google doc that had a timeline down to the minute for the rehearsal, ceremony and reception. I did not have to worry about one thing on my perfect wedding day- they even had my parents car loaded that night! Even after my wedding, I received a final bill from my venue that was significantly different than my contract and they contacted the venue and had that corrected for me! Only negatives- sometimes took a couple days to receive a response via email and during the first meeting they said they could help with DIY decorations that I ended up doing myself or paying other vendors to do.