Fortunate Farm Reviews

11 | Caspar, CA

11 Reviews for Fortunate Farm

• F

Frank · Getting married on 03/15/2019

Fortunate Farm is the place on the Mendocino Coast for new life and new starts, from its history to its current incarnation growing flowers and food. We all love going here for inspiration on farming and from hard working and innovative young people. Events are handled professionally, but the atmosphere is a true farm, never rush, rush. The grand old main barn has a history back to the early days as Fort Bragg, to a new life in the counterculture to its rebirth as the organic and natural farming center of the Mendocino Coast. You can enjoy the growing operation, the people and be a quick jaunt to the ocean. I did not have a wedding here, but thought it was a GREAT place for anybody to be married, a win-win for sure.

Sent on 03/04/2017

Fortunate Farm's reply:

Thank you Frank for your kind words, it is always a pleasure having you and Linda out on the farm for our community events!

Liz · Married on 03/15/2017

I got married next door at Jug Handle Creek Farm in 2015. I am not from the area so it was important to me and sometimes a challenge to find local vendors to help me craft my dream wedding. I was struggling to find flowers close to the farm. There are some great growers along the coast such as Coastal Posies, but I wanted flowers grown even closer. It was an absolute delight to discover that there was a farm just next door that I could literally walk to and pick my flowers at! The name Fortunate Farm couldn't be more appropriate. Gowan and her interepid crew were amazing to work with. I loved that they gave me a tour and shared the wonderful story behind the Farm, how it came to be, what they did to get it where it was on my visit and their dreams for future expansion. The dahlias I picked were a dream to hold during my ceremony and festoon our feasting tables with.

I love following the progress of the farm on Facebook and Instagram. The work they do to sequester carbon back into the soil, serve their local community and ecosystem is so very important. I'm forever impressed by the sensitivity and depth of these beautiful farmers. Fortunate Farm is a true gem that sparkles brighter every day.

I love seeing photos and stories pop up in my social media feeds and cherish seeing those Bed Head Dhalias in my wedding photos. Thank you so much for all your hard and joyful work Fortunate Farmers!

Liz Simpson Chin

Sent on 03/14/2017

Fortunate Farm's reply:

Thanks Liz, be sure to come back and visit. More Dahlias than you can dream of!

Erin · Married on 03/09/2017

My family and I attended an event at Fortunate Farm last summer. The location is beautifully tucked into the trees, protected from sea winds. It is a minutes walk from the cliffside. The highlight of early summer is certainly the abundance of color as the farm grows hundreds of zinnias and other vibrant flowers!

Sent on 03/07/2017

Fortunate Farm's reply:

Thanks Erin! We are excited for that pop of color to brighten our fields here at the farm. Be sure to stop by and visit!

Laurie · Married on 03/01/2017

My spouse and I attended a gathering of gay/lesbian/queer farmers at Fortunate Farm and what a memorable day that was! A bountiful food feast was served in the beautiful rustic barn with gorgeous farm-grown produce and flowers all around. After watch several terrific farming films, we had a lively discussion and then Gowan took us on an amazing tour of the gardens and farm. Rows and rows of squash, pumpkins, greens and flowers were all surrounded us and I think everyone there was truly inspired by the love, creativity and passion happening at Fortunate Farm. I can imagine what a magical place it would be for weddings, parties and all sorts of occasions and events. Thank you Fortunate Farm for the love, inspiration and for introducing us to your gorgeous Mendocino Coast farm and homestead. We’ll be back!

Joe · Married on 09/29/2016

Beautiful and authentic space lets you feel connected to the earth without requiring you to get your hands dirty (unless you want to). The Barn is a magic space with a great balance of old and new, connected and remote, run by folks who live this dream every day. This is not just a pretty space - they actually are putting carbon from the air into the ground - every day. I had an event for 48 guests for lunch and they were completely charmed by this space. My caterers found it functional and efficient and I accomplished all my objectives. It is top of my list for repeat affairs.

Sent on 03/08/2017

Fortunate Farm's reply:

Joe you and the brewery crew are always welcome to host lunch, brunch, dinner!

George · Married on 06/02/2016

Our experience at Fortunate Farm was fantastic. The property is incredibly beautiful and the service was fantastic. Adaptability of the staff was great. I could imagine any number of wonderful events taking place on the farm.

Megan · Married on 07/31/2015

Fortunate Farm is a beautiful farm by the sea, with carefully tended beds of vegetables and flowers, wandering herds of sheep and the sweetest, rustic barn perfect for any gathering. In partnership with Fortunate Farm, I hosted farm-to-table dinners in their barn -- a perfect pairing of fresh produce from the farm, and a romantic dinner under a full moon. Highly recommended.

Vicki · Married on 02/13/2015

Beautiful location on the Mendocino Coast. Rustic, natural, very warm and friendly multigenerational family farm. Barn can accommodate a large group. Interesting landscape, farmed areas are fascinating. Staff are knowledgable and considerate. Flowers and food are top of the line in beauty, quality and nourishment for body and soul. Queer friendly, queer celebratory. A wonderful, special place. If I was getting married again, I would book here in a second.

Sent on 03/10/2017

Thanks Vicki!

Kyle · event on: 09/01/2016

Fortunate Farm is an absolutely picturesque coastal farm complete with sheep, barns, rolling hills filled with heirloom vegetables and the sweet smell of the Pacific. The windbreak of pines surrounding the property kept it sheltered even though it was an extremely windy day on the coastal headlands nearby. The close proximity to town, yet its seemingly quietude & remoteness make it a perfect ceremony destination!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Thanks Kyle!

Tim · Married on 08/27/2016

My wife and I were married here last August. It was our first pick for our venue: 1 for the price 2 for the location. We were married in between their olive trees and had our reception in the large barn. The local rental shop provided everything that we needed as far as chairs and equipment and the farm provided such a peaceful, calm and family oriented atmosphere. Gowan, the farm manager, handled all flower arrangements and they turned out absolutely beautiful. My wife's bouquet was one for a magazine cover. Ellen and Jef were so welcoming and let us tell them what we wanted and they did their best to make it happen. It's a very rare thing to see such an vibrant and functioning farm open it's arms for such a busy day with guests and activities, they even let our guests go check out the sheep! There are a lot of details that I am leaving out due to reviewing the farm and not a biography of our wedding! All in all if you are looking for a rustic farm wedding, which I've heard it very popular now, put fortunate farms on your list.

Sent on 03/09/2017

Fortunate Farm's reply:

Aw, thank you, Tim! It was our honor!

Scarlett · Married on 09/07/2016

Fortunate Farm is a lovely, lovely place and the flowers grown there will transform any space or event with their colors and beauty!!