Fort William Henry Hotel & Conference Center Reviews

41 | Lake George, NY

41 Reviews for Fort William Henry Hotel & Conference Center

Fort William Henry Hotel & Conference Center 1
Fort William Henry Hotel & Conference Center 2

One of the biggest problems couples deal with for their wedding is planning for inclement weather, but with the fort's White Lion Room you just might decide to have your ceremony inside rain or shine.

Dawn Bennett is the best wedding coordinator around.

Sent on 08/28/2014

Beth · Married on 07/19/2014

My wedding reception at Fort William Henry was amazing. Dawn, the wedding coordinator, was fabulous. She was attentive and helpful tying up any loose ends. For the cocktail hour we had a musician set up on the deck and our guests were able to relax outside listening to music, playing corn hole and shuffle board. The food was delicious and the reception was incredible.

Sent on 08/22/2014

Alicia · Married on 06/21/2014

Amazing venue. Broken down dollar for dollar it's not at all expensive for what you get. I did not have to worry about a single thing. I told Dawn what I wanted and her and her team made it happen.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Christina · Married on 02/08/2014

I already did a review on the reception location, this is for the food.

DELICIOUS!!!! The meals were served on time and fresh. No complaints of dry food or cold, just everything was delicious! We are so happy with Christine and her staff at FWH. We hope to spend many anniversaries up there with them =)

Thank you Christine!
    ~A & C Benamati

Sent on 08/29/2014

ERIKA · Married on 10/12/2013

My husband and I got married on October 12th of this year and had our reception at Fort William Henry. We began our process working with Roberta and were upset when she retired, but we had absolutely nothing to worry about. Christine is amazing! She promptly responded to all of our questions and concerns, was so flexible with what we wanted to see for our big day, set up the room BEAUTIFULLY, and the whole staff made sure that the entire evening went smoothly and wonderfully. We threw seemingly everything at them - our homemade centerpieces, multiple vendors dropping things off, a cigar bar, different instructions for various tables..... and everything was perfect. This was somewhat of a destination wedding for us, as we're from the DC area - and therefore, we thought it would be difficult to plan the wedding from afar. Although we only visited the venue a couple of times before the wedding, the incredible staff at FWH helped to make sure we didn't have to worry about anything. Thanks so much!!!!!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Nicole · Married on 09/14/2013

Our ceremony and reception was held at the Fort William. Christine Roberts was our event coordinator. She was wonderful to work with! Very detail-oriented, helpful and kind. The ceremony was at the gazebo, which was beautiful! The staff was very friendly and professional. I gave them my decorations and items for the ceremony and reception and they placed everything as I asked for. The food was served hot and we had good portions. It was delicious! Our signature drink was made perfectly. We couldn't have asked for better service! Everything went as planned!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Lori · Married on 08/24/2013

We held our wedding weekend at Fort William Henry in August and it was truly magical. It was a destination wedding for all of our 70 guests and 59 of them stayed in the hotel. They hosted a rehearsal dinner for everyone, the ceremony, reception and brunch, and it was all wonderful! They were extremely accommodating, and really went above and beyond to make sure all was perfect. Christine Roberts was outstanding in her promptness, kindness and attention to detail. My husband and I are both professional chefs, so the food was a main focal point for us. We had stations set up for two hours all around the room and our guests were blown away by it! Honestly, our friends and family have been saying it was the best food they've ever had at wedding! The service was outstanding from everyone on staff. The whole weekend just felt smooth and elegant and handled! I highly recommend Fort William Henry as a wedding venue!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Caitlyn · Married on 10/07/2011

Roberta and the entire FWH banquet staff are phenomenal. I’ve worked with them in the past for smaller events (showers and what not) so I knew that putting my wedding in their hands would be a no brainer. I can honestly say that our wedding day was everything that I could have wished for and more. My only regret falls on Mother Nature and her inability to change the leaves in a timely fashion.

The venue itself couldn’t possibly have been more beautiful. I can’t even express how many compliments we received on our choice. Everyone loved that we had both the ballroom and the tavern available to us for the reception. It gave our guests room to spread out which they all really seemed to appreciate. The food was AMAZING! Our hor d’ouerves were delicious and our entrée selections were phenomenal. We’ve had countless guests tell us that their meals were by far the best wedding food they’ve ever had.

In short, Fort William Henry made our wedding day the amazing event that it was. Without the help of Roberta and her staff, we would have never had the incredible time that we did. Many of our guests have said that our wedding was the best wedding that they’ve ever been to and I know that the FWH staff is to thank for that.

Sent on 10/17/2011

Shannon · Married on 09/16/2016

Great staff, so helpful !!!! Nice venue

Sent on 12/06/2016

Beautiful venue. Convenient location

Sent on 04/27/2014

Janel · Married on 05/20/2006

3.5

We were very happy with everything from start to finish. The food was delicious, the staff was friendly and helpful, Roberta (our wedding planner) was great, the outside ceremony was gorgeous, the function room was beautiful. Everything was perfect. It had been very rainy the weeks prior to us checking in the day before the wedding and my room had a very musty smell. They hotel staff went out of their way to change my room and made sure that my new room was okay. I would highly recommend a wedding at Ft. William Henry!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Patti · Married on 08/27/2016

Our special day at Fort William Henry went as planned thanks to Dawn and her staff! We were pleased with the wait staff and the presentation for dinner.

Sent on 12/07/2016

We had a June wedding reception at Fort William Henry and we could have not have been more pleased with the setting and the quality of the support provided by the staff. The location is one of the best in Lake George both for convenience and the great view down the length of the lake. The Blue Lion room gives you a great view and removes any logistical concerns about an outdoor event. The food was excellent and set up and pick up all went smoothly with no hitches. Dawn, who coordinated for the hotel was a great help from original selection of options, through planning layout, to directing vendors and running things the day of the wedding. We literally had no issues and actually could enjoy our special day (what more can you ask for). We strongly recommend FWH for anyone considering a Lake George wedding.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Amanda · Married on 05/30/2015

3.5

My husband and I chose Fort William Henry because we were overwhelmed with the beauty of the location. The lake and Adirondacks made a perfect background for our spring wedding. The value for the level of service and attention we received was great. The staff was very courteous and attentive, helping us every step of the way and the day of (thank you Maria for the drinks right after the ceremony - they were very much appreciated!). We got many compliments on the decor and the food too.

Being an out of town bride has many of the same challenges of a normal bride, but amplified by distance. Working with Dawn Bennett and her staff was fantastic and put both me and my husband at ease with their calming presence during the panning and the day of. Thank you so much for making our special day that much more special and memorable :)

Sent on 06/01/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/05/2010

4.2

We blocked off a set of rooms here. Went out of their way to help when the groom forgot to book rooms for his groomsmen!

Sent on 06/08/2010

Courtney · Married on 08/08/2009

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

Roberta was my wedding coordinator for my event. She was very professional to me and very responsive. I think she did a fabulous job with the set up and execution of my wedding, ideas, and items.

The reception room was set up beautifully and I didn't have to do a thing on my wedding day (which was fabulous).

The Food was also fantastic.

I was displeased with the check in process at the hotel (this has nothing to do with Roberta) but the hotel was very unprofessional in this aspect. When booking your room at the hotel they charge your card upon booking. When I went to check in the tried to charge me again, and I explained the them that I already paid it months ago. It was a big problem for many of the guests. I was upset that not only did my guests get hassled about this, but that I did as well. Being the Bride, we spent thousands of dollars to have our wedding there and that never should have happened to me or any of the guests.

overall, the room thing got worked out and the wedding and reception was beautiful. Roberta did a great job pulling the wedding together and envisioning my dream and making it a reality.

Sent on 08/21/2009