Fort William Henry Hotel & Conference Center Reviews

Fort William Henry Hotel & Conference Center 4
Fort William Henry Hotel & Conference Center 5

Matthew Desmarais · Getting married on 02/05/2021

Awesome venue

Fort William Henry was the perfect wedding venue for us. It is beautiful, the staff were incredible and it was lower price than most other equivalents.

The wedding coordinator Dawn is great to work with. She will go way out of her way to help you get everything prepared. Throughout the dinner, the staff treated my wife and I with incredible service. I don't think I'll ever be rich or famous enough to get the service that they gave us.

Bravo to the staff and thank you for the memories.

Also, for wedding photos we took some photos with the French and Indian war reenactors; made for really cool photos!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Aimee

Aimee · Married on 08/31/2019

Best experience

We chose FWH for our 8/31/19 wedding and could not be happier!!!! Dawn is absolutely amazing to work with and went above and beyond to make our day run smoothly. From bar/package changes while planning to bustling my dress day of, she was there every step of the way with helpfulness and encouragement. She is so talented at what she does.
    The staff was kind and incredibly helpful, including the chef who accommodated MANY food allergies. The food was delicious and the portions were huge! Everyone left full and happy.
    We can't say enough good things about our choice. From the moment we stepped onto the property, we were able to just relax and enjoy our weekend. Thank you so much to Dawn and the FWH team!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Meagan · Married on 08/10/2019

Better than I could have imagined!

We had an incredible wedding day thanks to Dawn and her team. We planned our wedding from across the country and Dawn was fantastic with responding to emails and phone calls from multiple people. The staff was super flexible with times to meet with us and taste food based on when we were in town. Dawn was amazing on the day of and turned the room into something beautiful with the minimal decorations we brought. She helped pull me aside to bustle my dress and pulled my now husband and I into the reception room to give us a few quiet minutes to reflect and eat. As someone who has planned events for work, I thought I would have a hard time giving up control, but Dawn made it so incredibly easy to sit back and enjoy my wedding day. The reception room and view was unbelievable and we really heard nothing but good things from our guests. Thank you Dawn and FWH for an amazing day!

Sent on 09/10/2019

genevieve · Married on 07/06/2019

Dawn and the rest of her crew were amazing

Dawn and everyone else at fort William henry were fabulous. Price was reasonable. View was amazing. They answered all my crazy questions I always sent. They decorated the venue to exactly what I wanted. Made all my wedding dreams come true

Fort William Henry Hotel & Conference Center 6
    Fort William Henry Hotel & Conference Center 7
    Fort William Henry Hotel & Conference Center 8
    Fort William Henry Hotel & Conference Center 9
    Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 12/28/2018

Over the moon happy!

We cannot say enough about Dawn and all the people at FWH. They helped us plan a wedding in under 8 weeks, that turned out better than we could have imagined. They made everything leading up to the day so easy and the day of was just a dream. Everything went so smoothly, if there were any issues Marie and Dawn did a great job of taking care of them before I ever knew. The venue and view were picture perfect and the food and service was wonderful, all our guests kept commenting on it! They made it possible to sit back and relax on our wedding day and enjoy it all. We are so thankful and would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Sophie Guillemet · Married on 10/06/2018

Excellence

Excellent services! The staff made the day extra special and perfect! Wonderful team!

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • John

John Mathews · Married on 09/29/2018

Wonderful staff and experience

We were both blown away by our experience at Fort William Henry (“FWH”). We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception all at the FWH and everything went better than we could have ever imagined. Dawn Bennett was the hotel provided wedding coordinator and working with her could not have gone smoother. It’s rare to find someone who can be organized and take charge when needed, while also being so calm, easy going and accommodating. She was an absolute pleasure to work with, and took care of everything, big and small, allowing us to just enjoy the day. Not only was Dawn great, but the entire staff throughout the weekend kept impressing us with their customer service. Everyone went above and beyond what we would have expected. Several members of our family and friends even commented on how that was some of the best service they’ve EVER gotten. The staff ensured that we optimized our time with our guests, while still taking the time for ourselves to enjoy everything that was going on around us. We also had some special requests for our wedding that they were able to accommodate.
    We’re from Saratoga and have been to Lake George several times, and we were still very impressed with the views (both indoors and outdoors) from the FWH. Being up on the hill you have a great view of the water and mountain background and feel like you have it all to yourselves, allowing for great photos and atmosphere. We would highly recommend the FWH to anyone looking at Lake George weddings. They have a great system down.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Annie · Married on 07/22/2018

Perfect Venue!

Perfect venue, delicious food, amazing views, and the most lovely, caring staff! Dawn the wedding coordinator was so patient and kind during the planning process, and SO detail-oriented the day of. She ensured everything was perfect, beyond what I could have imagined. Thank you, Dawn! Thank you to everyone at The Fort!

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 07/15/2018

Got married here on 7/15/18 and Dawn and her staff at the FWH were AMAZING! They were very professional and super responsive to all of my questions. They were also very flexible with our set up and took my idea and ran with it. They made sure we were fed the entire night (and sent food up to our room post event, food was delicious!). They handled all communication day of with vendors and helped everything run extremely smoothly. Even when there were changes last minute (people dropping out....) they were incredibly helpful and made changes so fast, i didn't even know what happened until after! Wonderful, wonderful staff.

Sent on 08/06/2018

Ryan · Married on 06/16/2018

Beautiful location Amazing Staff!

Dawn and her team made our wedding perfect! They were so flexible and accommodating to make our vision really come a reality. Dawn really takes the time to sit with you and make sure everything is exactly how want. All of our guests had so many good things to say about all the staff! We love the Fort and definitely suggest having a wedding or any event there! We will definitely be back.

Sent on 01/09/2019

Jackie · Married on 05/31/2018

Amazing from start to finish

The wedding coordinator, Dawn, was absolutely amazing to work with from start to finish. Her dedication to her customers and her willingness to do everything she can to accommodate your special day was exceptional. She was more than willing to talk through every detail as many times as I needed to make sure everything was perfect. She made sure our wedding was everything we wanted it to be and made sure I had no worry at all... even down to bringing my visions to life with the decor. The staff was great, the food was delicious and the views were beautiful. I have zero complaints about this venue. I give 5 stars to every aspect of Fort William Henry

Sent on 11/13/2018

Ellen · Married on 10/15/2017

My husband and I had an absolutely beautiful wedding at Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center. The location is breathtaking and the staff were so friendly and accommodating. The food was also incredible!!! I never felt stressed about anything because their wedding team had everything taken care of. Couldn't have picked a better place to spend my special day :)

Fort William Henry Hotel & Conference Center 10
    Sent on 12/12/2017

Trudy · Married on 10/14/2017

From the moment we walked into FWH we knew we didn't need to look any further for our wedding venue. From the start Dawn was amazing. She was quick to respond to my questions and was easy to work with during the months leading up to our wedding. We stopped in several times without an appointment and Dawn always took the time to talk with us. We arrived a couple days before the wedding. Dawn had everything under control, and put my mind at ease as we had a couple special requests. Dawn and her staff were beyond wonderful. From the moment we came down until the moment we left the reception hall, the staff were more than attentive. They brought us drinks after the ceremony and made sure everything we wanted or needed was taken care of. We didn't have to worry about a thing because everything was taken care of from the start to finish of our wedding. The staff took care of all the stuff we brought for the wedding and packed it up for us to get in the morning. The only small issue we had was with the check in. Our guests were supposed to get welcome bags from us and there was some confusion and the lists were wrong. We had to ask our guests if they had received their bags at check in, and direct those who didn't back to the lobby to get them. There were several weddings going on that weekend.

We had our wedding on the lawn overlooking the lake and everyone commented on how gorgeous the views, and the venue were. Food was amazing and we got numerous compliments on the appetizers, and meal.

Sent on 10/16/2017

sharon · Married on 09/22/2017

Everyone was so helpful and was on top of there game!!!! My wedding day is a day my husband and I will never forget!!!!! Thanks again to everyone how made our special day so AMAZING!!!!

Fort William Henry Hotel & Conference Center 11
    Sent on 09/28/2017
  • I

Ian · Married on 09/16/2017

Our day went perfectly! Couldn't have asked for better! Many compliments from our guests on the facility and staff. Dawn is always on top of things, and made everything run very smoothly.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Marci · Married on 09/15/2017

Gorgeous venue, amazing staff, and delicious food our guests raved about! Couldn't have been more perfect!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Kendra · Married on 08/25/2017

The staff at Fort William Henry were just amazing for our wedding. Dawn is the best and easiest to work with, she will make sure your day goes exactly as you have planned, I can't say enough things about her or the banquet staff! We had our ceremony and reception here, it really is a beautiful venue. I was pleased with both set ups, from our centerpieces to the emerald green napkins we requested. The food was delicious, we had a lot of compliments from our guests. Thank you for making our special day so wonderful!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Jacquelyn · Married on 06/30/2017

Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center was the perfect spot for our wedding. The staff and scenery were exceptional. Not only did we enjoy, but our guests are still raving about our celebration! Dawn and staff were willing to go above and beyond to meet all our needs. Our wedding day was more than we ever dreamed of!

Sent on 07/05/2017
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 06/25/2017

I am so glad that I chose to have my reception at the Fort William Henry! Dawn was fantastic to work with! She answered all of my questions throughout the wedding process and was very helpful and personable. The food, the venue, and the service was incredible! Our guests raved about the food. In fact, some guests were still talking about the food days after our event! I have never been to a wedding where the staff was so nice and accommodating. Thank you for helping us have the reception of our dreams!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Nicole · Married on 05/13/2017

If you are looking for a wedding venue in Lake George, FWH needs to be an option.  The best thing, Dawn Bennett. Dawn is the wedding coordinator who will make your vison come true! She is thorough and meticulous and will guide you through one of the best days of your life.  Myself and my family are so thankful for her.

The venue in itself is great! The White Lion Room held my reception and was beautiful.  The outside area is perfect for guests to mill about all night if they choose. The food was delicious. I was passed along compliments all night on the food.

You and your guests can all stay in one location at the hotel.  The rooms are nice. Not only is this convenient, but smart!

I loved Fort William Henry. The staff, venue, food...all lived up to our expectations.

Sent on 05/19/2017

Katelyn · Married on 11/11/2016

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful! The staff at the Fort William Henry made our rehearsal dinner an unforgettable experience, and we couldn't ask for a more beautiful and perfect wedding! The ceremony and reception were everything we imagined. The staff were extremely friendly and flexible through everything and made our day everything we could have hoped for and more! Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/18/2016

sarah · Married on 10/08/2016

Highly recommend!!!! Fort William Henry made our dream wedding a reality. So fun.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Kathryn · Married on 09/24/2016

The location was absolutely gorgeous, and Dawn, the wedding coordinator, was warm and accommodating. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Kimberly · Married on 08/06/2016

Fort William Henry staff went above and beyond to make our day everything we hoped it to be. It poured the day of our wedding which no one ever wants on their wedding day but fort william henry made everyone feel comfortable proving towels to guests who had gotten wet on their way in. We had planned to have the ceremony out on the lawn with a beautiful arbor my husband built but due to the rain it was not letting up. So the staff went out in the pouring rain to bring in the arbor and we had the ceremony in the tanker tavern. It was so beautiful everyone was huddled together close which made us feel close to all our family and friends it was absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Mike · Married on 10/11/2015

When we got engaged we knew right away that Fort William Henry was where we wanted to have our special day. We planned a long engagement (2 years) knowing we would need some extra time to plan a wedding 3.5 hours from home.

Dawn Bennett and her team were nothing less than amazing. Marie was our server for the tasting and for the reception and was such a great person to take care of us. The White Lion Room looked amazing and it was so great to have the Tankard Tavern and the deck outside for people to pull away from the party for a breath of fresh air. We had our ceremony outside on the lawn overlooking the lake with the foliage of the Adirondacks in the background. It was breathtaking.

The food was excellent. We had selected the platinum package for our wedding and the amount of food was perfect. We heard from so many of our guests how much they loved the spread during cocktail hour and that they were actually full after dinner!

There is one thing that stood out above the great servers, wonderful bartender, and beautiful venue; Dawn Bennett. She went above and beyond for us. Being 3.5 hours away was not easy. She was so great to help make this process go so smoothly for us.

Fort William Henry was such a great choice for us. Many times over the week after our wedding we heard our guests raving about how this was the best wedding they have ever been to. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding day such a memorable experience for us and the other 113 crazy Bostonian's.

Sent on 10/18/2015