Fornear Photo Reviews

Fornear Photo 5
Fornear Photo 6
Fornear Photo 7

Bryann · Married on 10/22/2016

Matt and Krista were absolutely amazing to work with!!! They were so personable and their talent was more than I could have asked for. Matt was always quick to respond to my emails/texts and their flexibility was so relieving. As a bride from out of town, they worked so well with me to plan the perfect time and place to shoot our engagement pictures. After our engagement shoot, I was even more satisfied with my decision to work with Matt and Krista. They are an amazing team and I highly recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 02/01/2017

Karin · Married on 10/01/2016

Matt and Krista did an amazing job taking our engagement and wedding photos. They are both laid back and easy going, making us feel comfortable being photographed. We were blown away by their ability to capture our emotions in the photos. We highly recommend them.

For our engagement photos, Matt and Krista traveled to the Twin Cities so that we could be photographed where we first met. We spent a few hours taking photos and getting to know each other. Afterwords, they sent us 100+ edited photos. Rather than making us order a set package of photo prints, we were given a CD so we could print what we wanted.

Leading up to the wedding Matt was very responsive to my emails, sent a guide ahead of time to help me think about must-have photos, and arranged a week-of phone call to make sure we were on the same page.
    We opted for their all-day wedding package, which meant they traveled to Madison, WI to be with us from 9:30 am when I was getting my hair done to 10 pm. Throughout the day they managed to capture the little moments while still leaving space for us to interact naturally with our friends, family, and guests.

We've received lots of complements on our sneak-peek wedding photos (which they post a few days after the wedding) and can't wait to get the reset.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Amabda · Married on 09/10/2016

Matt & Krista are wonderful people to work with. They know exactly how to capture the moment & get the perfect shots!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Tammy · Married on 09/03/2016

Always professional and a blast at weddings!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Holly · Married on 08/27/2016

Matt and Krista are the absolute best. Not only were our pictures beautiful but we had a great time with these photographers. Matt always responded quickly with any questions I had and made our wedding day a complete breeze. They captured so many wonderful moments that my friends and family absolutely adored. I can't stop looking at our wedding pictures. I highly recommend Fornear Photo.

Sent on 12/03/2016

Jennifer · Married on 08/13/2016

They are very timely, organized, hardworking and accommodating! You will be very pleased :)

Sent on 08/22/2016
  • F

Frances · Married on 07/30/2016

I highly recommend Fornear Photo! Matt & Krista went out of their way for me on Day 1. Literally, they drove 45 minutes out of their way to meet with me before I booked with them. There was also no pressure to do book packages that I didn't want and I was able to get exactly the right package for our wedding. On the day of our wedding, Matt & Krista showed up on time, were dressed appropriately, were lovely to myself, my husband, our families, and all of our guests. My husband is not that comfortable in front of the camera and Matt was great at making sure he was relaxed, not overwhelmed. Most importantly, Matt cared about making sure that we got the photos that WE wanted, not what he THOUGHT we wanted. Oddly, this seems to be pretty rare among photographers. Our photos arrived yesterday with a USB with about 600 edited photos with 10 or so complimentary prints in a beautiful wooden box. The photos look wonderful and we are very pleased. Since you get two shooters, you can get a couple of different angles of the same moment. Unfortunately, not all vendors we booked for our wedding were five star vendors, so having Matt & Krista on board was such a relief. They do their jobs well, do not cause any stress, and were wonderful to work with.

Sent on 10/01/2016

Becky · Married on 07/09/2016

We had a great time with Matt and Krista on our wedding! It helped that we did our engagement shoot with them, so seeing them on the day of the wedding was relaxing because we already knew them. They did a great job keeping our wedding party organized and worked quickly, but never made us feel rushed. They worked to get special shots and were energetic the entire day.
    We love having an online album to share with family and friends so they can view pictures whenever they want. The package that the pictures were delivered in will be a great keepsake and totally worth it!
    Thank you, Matt and Krista! We had a great time at our wedding and your pictures truly captured the day and who we are as a couple. We will be recommending you in the future to anybody who asks!

Sent on 09/10/2016

Ana · Married on 05/28/2016

Matt and Krista were wonderful to work with. Their package was inclusive and had no time limit, which was perfect for us because we had a four hour gap between the ceremony and reception. It also included an engagement shoot, where we got to know them on a more personal level. It was well worth it, as I feel the time we spent during our engagement shoot made us more confident with Matt and Krista on our wedding day. Matt and Krista documented every important part of our day. They were professional , courteous, prompt, and just a delight overall. They responded promptly to all of our emails and they also worked very hard to get all of the shots we requested. We really enjoyed getting to know them throughout the process and we were so happy with our engagement and wedding photos. Our wedding photos were delivered in a beautiful package. I truly am impressed by them and I hope to work with them in the future.

Sent on 08/08/2016

Alyson · Married on 05/21/2016

I want to say not only did we love our photos, we made new friends too! Matt and Krista are so talented and fun to be around. Our wedding was spectacular and they captured every moment without having to pull myself and the groom away from our guests, dancing, or dinner.

The photos are so spectacular, my friends and family (who will be getting married soon) wondered if they travel for weddings, and they do!!! My husband and I highly recommend them to everyone! They are great at getting the kids smiling too! I'm not a person of many words, my experience was amazing and if you have them as your photographers, I'm sure your will be too!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Theresa · Married on 04/01/2016

Most Amazing experience ever! Great photos, awesome creativeness, great people, open minded, definitely will recommend to anyone that asks for about a good photographer!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Sarah · Married on 02/13/2016

Matt and Krista did an exceptional job on our engagement shoot! They helped incorporate everything special and unique about our relationship into our photos. They were professional, made us feel comfortable, and made it an enjoyable experience. They definitely exceeded our expectations and provided us with wonderful memories for years to come.

Sent on 06/10/2016

Matt and Krista did an outstanding job shooting our wedding. The photos turned out great, and the overall experience in working with them was wonderful. They were professional and truly worked the entire event. They hit on everything in our wish list, and then some. There was a non-stop flash of pictures being taken. In fact, we would be hard pressed to find 15 minutes during our entire day where they were not available to take pictures and capture memories. On top of that the turn around on delivering our photographs was fast. It took only a few short months from our wedding day to when our final pictures arrived. If you place a high importance on pictures, we highly recommend Fornear Photo. We would not hesitate for a moment to hire them again!

Sent on 01/27/2016

Sent on 01/27/2016

Matt and Krista are the best! They put together a photo package that has amazing value. No hidden costs or limits on number of photos, just an unlimited package with a free engagement shoot for a shockingly low price. Despite the great value, they take amazing photos! I've only seen a few of the wedding photos so far, but the engagement photos were fantastic and our friends and family raved about them. I'm so excited to see the rest of the wedding shots! Matt and Krista are a joy to work with. They have great ideas for photos and take your suggestions and photo wish lists very seriously. Finally, the Fornears are just enjoyable to be around. I've read in wedding magazines that you should like your wedding photographers since you will be spending your big day with them, which is why you should hire Fornear photo! We had so much fun at our engagement shoot that I invited them to the rehearsal dinner just to hang out with us. You will not regret hiring this vendor for your special day.

Sent on 10/10/2015

Rachel · Married on 09/19/2015

Fornear Photo provided the best service we could have asked for. Right from the start Matt and Krista were very responsive to meeting with us for our engagement shoot. We live in the Twin Cities and they are from Eagle River, so we met in between. We also have 3 dogs and they made the photo shoot work with them too! The wedding photos are unique and beautifully shot. Matt and Krista really took the time to know what shots we were looking for on our wedding day. They made them all happen! Thank you Matt and Krista!

Sent on 11/21/2015

Michael · Married on 09/06/2015

Wedding (and engagement) photography through Matt and Krista of Fornear Photo is an incredible value, and makes one part of the hectic process of wedding planning a breeze. Matt and Krista were with us for the entire day, well over 8 hours, with no complaints, and they provided hundreds of quality pictures to help us relive our wedding day. We can't thank them enough!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Deanna · Married on 08/14/2015

Fornear Photo was recommended to us from another couple that we are friends with and we are very happy that we chose Fornear Photo! Working with Matt & Krista was a dream! They listened to everything we wanted in our photos and helped capture all of our special moments. We loved working with Matt & Krista; they were both very creative and made taking pictures a dream. They were both responsive to what we were looking for and helped us answer any questions that we were having. The photo booth was a great touch and all our guests were raving about the photo booth. Our pictures turned our beautifully and I am so happy I chose these two to photograph our wedding. I would highly recommend them to any couple planning a wedding.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Luke · Married on 08/14/2015

Fornear Photo was wonderful to work with. Matt and Krista have a lot of awesome ideas to make the special day one to remember. They were there from the time the my wife started getting her hair done all the way until the last person was on the dance floor. If I could give them more than 5 stars I would. After getting the photos from the engagement session and also the wedding I could not be happier. We will definitely recommend Fornear to every person we know getting married.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Rachael · Married on 08/08/2015

Matt and Krista went above and beyond to make our special day memorable. They went out of their way to be accommodating to us, since we lived far away. They even traveled 5 hours to take our engagement photos in the location we wanted! Fornear Photo took the time to get to know my husband and I prior to the wedding day in order for everyone to feel more comfortable. Their photography also looks so natural, which I love! Thank you Fornear photo for capturing our wedding day and making it a day we will never forget. I would highly recommend Fornear photo to anyone!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Caitlin · Married on 07/17/2015

Matt & Krista are wonderful to work with. It was 90 degrees on our wedding day and we still have the most beautiful pictures! They truly care about capturing all of the special moments of your wedding. They give a lot of direction while photographing, which I was glad of, because I've recently been in weddings where the photographers weren't helping to establish the shots. They are extremely organized, but were also able to improvise unique pictures at our wedding venue. All throughout, they were very polite and professional to us and all guests, even when I was admittedly a little grumpy because of how hot it was! Everything promised on their site and in our contract was delivered, and we even got our pictures back earlier than I thought we would. At the end of the day, we have all of our wedding memories beautifully documented and by two of the nicest ,most genuine people we've met. I also have to say that I did a lot of research and price comparisons, and for what Matt and Krista offer, their prices are a steal! We will definitely be calling them to document future life events as well!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Rachel · Married on 12/06/2014

Matt and Krista did a wonderful job capturing the happiest day of our lives. They were wonderful to work with, professional, and always pleasant. I could not recommend them enough! Our photos were absolutely perfect.

Sent on 02/17/2015
  • F

Felicia · Married on 11/08/2014

If you are looking for photographers that are fun, talented, professional, with absolutely reasonable prices, then look no further!

I spend a lot of energy looking for photographers, because I hate having my picture taken. So photography was a major point of anxiety for me. However, once I met Matt and Krista, I knew that I didn't have anything to worry about anymore. They were laid back, fun, and great at working with us. They were super flexible, traveling to the Chicago area twice (once for an initial meeting, and once again to do an engagement shoot) then to Madison, WI where our wedding was. I highly recommend doing the package with the engagement shoot because it gave us time to get to know one another which really put me at ease on my wedding day. They also got some really fabulous pictures, and I was surprised to find I had fun! I'd never had fun having my picture taken in my life before that day. Seriously. It was a torture to be endured for the sake of my mother, usually.

What I love about how Matt and Krista take pictures is that not only do they do a wonderful job at capturing how everything looked (not always an easy task for a wedding, I imagine) but they also captured how everything felt. When I look at our wedding pictures, I feel the same kind of joy as I felt when my husband and I got married. I also loved how they get plenty of great pictures of my groom and I, the wedding party, and our families, but they also caught sweet little moments of our guests enjoying themselves, and being with their spouses, children, and friends.

I can't recommend Fornear Photo enough. Finding them was one of the best things that happened during my wedding planning process, and I feel so lucky. I'm so pleased with and grateful for all the work they did for us.

Sent on 02/03/2015

Nikko · Married on 11/08/2014

Matt and Krista were both excellent! Friendly, professional, easy going. And the pictures we received were gorgeous!

We don't live near Matt and Krista (we live in Northwest Indiana) but they still traveled down to meet with us and do an engagement shoot well before the wedding. That really helped my wife and me see how dedicated they can be to making their customers happy. Of all the vendors we worked with, they stood out as the most interested in our special day.

Their instructions for helping us help them in knowing what kind of photos to take were concise and clear and that really put us both at ease as the day approached. We never once worried that we wouldn't be getting exactly what we wanted. And even after the wedding, they've been so forthcoming with answering any questions we had about our prints.

We were very happy with Fornear Photo throughout the entire experience.

Sent on 11/08/2015

Kaitlin · Married on 10/04/2014

Matt and Krista were wonderful to work with! They went out of their way to visit our cabin to take engagement pictures. They were very organized, contacting the church and reception hall ahead of time so they could plan the wedding day accordingly. They were flexible and creative, taking into account the shots that we wanted. They were fun to work with and we enjoyed having them around. We love our pictures, they are AMAZING :)

Sent on 03/08/2015