Formals of Litchfield Reviews

213 | Litchfield, IL

213 Reviews for Formals of Litchfield

Kelsey · Married on 07/30/2016

I visited Formals of Litchfield with my three sisters and two neices for my bridal appointment. Lisa and Paige went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and welcomed. We loved the ambiance of the store, complete with chocolates and a variety of hot drinks for us in the lobby! Paige was excellent in assiting me in finding a beautiful dress that was well within my budget. This store is far superior than most other bridal stores I have visited, including several in the Chicago area, and I would certainly recommend Formals of Litchfield to other brides!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Formals of Litchfield's reply:

Kelsey, thank you so much! You are super sweet, so happy we helped to make you and your family feel at home here at Formals. Paige does an awesome job of helping our brides, and we appreciate your recommendation to other brides! We love spoiling our customers with chocolate and hot drinks, congrats on your upcoming July wedding! Tag us on Facebook so we can see pictures. Thanks again, Lisa & Katy & Paige :)
  • Hope

Hope · Married on 06/26/2016

Formals was amazing! They were available at the time I wanted to come in. When I got there they showed me how to read the tags so that I could look through the dresses myself. I loved that bc I'm very picky and it went much faster than another dress store I went to where they picked them out for me. I found my perfect dress quite quickly with the help of Stephanie. Stephanie was incredibly friendly and helped make it one of the best experiences I've had through wedding planning. I highly recommend formals.

Sent on 05/29/2016

Formals of Litchfield's reply:

Hope, we believe in an informed bride is the best! So happy you found your gown and enjoyed working with Stephanie. Please enjoy your special day coming up in a few weeks, send us pictures too!! Happy Wedding day!, Lisa & Katy

They helped look for a dress that for my budget, along with everything I wanted in a dress. She didn't pressure me into a certain dress. If I didn't like it, she'd say moving on until we found one I loved. I'd recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Holly · Married on 06/18/2016

Amazing service and selection!!! They made finding the perfect dress fun and easy!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Formals of Litchfield's reply:

Holly, love the kind words about our store! Short, simple and sweet. :) Congrats on your engagement, hope your wedding is everything you dreamed of! Thanks again, Lisa & Katy

Kaylin · Married on 06/11/2016

This was my first time trying on wedding dresses and I had no idea what I was looking for. Stephanie made sure I found exactly what I didn't even know I was looking for!

Sent on 09/30/2015
  • User5020946 · 2+ years ago

Stephanie was fantastic. She was really easy to work with, and was the first bridal consultant where i didn't feel pressured into trying to like something. She made it easy for me to be comfortable while trying on dresses, and kept searching and until she found something I liked.

It was a great experience and I would recommended Formals of Litchfield to anyone looking for a relaxed atmosphere, great selection and friendly staff!

Sent on 07/23/2015

It was the best service! After visiting two other bridal shops, this one by far was the most helpful and professional.

Sent on 03/26/2015

kristi · Married on 05/28/2016

The staff was very friendly and helpful with all my needs. the owner of the store even took time to introduce herself to me and checked on me while trying on wedding dresses.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Kirsten · Married on 05/21/2016

As a bigger bride I was extremely nervous to try on dresses. I was afraid that I would never find that perfect dress and i would go home in tears hating myself (which is how most shopping trips end for me) however.... i loved the entire experience with Formals of Litchfield. The staff was so friendly and made me feel very welcome. Not only did I find a dress I felt amazing in, I fell in love with the first one the consultant thought would be perfect for me. These ladies really know what they are talking about!!I can honestly say that on my wedding day I really felt beautiful for the first time! I will recommend them to anyone looking for wedding or prom!

Sent on 06/04/2016

Formals of Litchfield's reply:

Kirsten, first of all, Congrats on your wedding and we wish you much happiness in the many years to come!! And secondly, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for saying such nice words about your experience with us here at Formals. I too am a plus size woman and can totally relate, so I am especially happy to hear that we not only found your perfect gown, but that the Experience was Perfect too! Thank you for your referral and many blessings on your marriage. All our best, Lisa & Katy
  • User5197935 · 2+ years ago

I am a plus size bride who has been to five dress stores and was getting anxious about dress shopping. When all you have to try are sample sizes, it gets frustrating when they do not fit and you basically have to guess. Formals of Litchfield sell "off the rack" which is nice because it's no guessing as all...what you see is what you get! Plus they only encourage you to try one what they believe will fit, so you are being squeezed into a dress that is 3 sizes to small. They also were the least pushy place I went to which I greatly appreciated. They let me think it out and come to my own decision.

But please take note that (again) they are off the rack, so if you like it you might want to buy it then because it might not be there in the future.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Formals of Litchfield's reply:

As a plus size woman myself, I totally understand about not wanting to be "squeezed" into a gown that isn't the correct size. At Formals we try so hard to make sure we have a great selection of gowns in All Sizes and Budgets. So happy you didn't feel pushed into buying your gown. We love taking care of our brides and are so happy you are a Formals Bride now!! Happy Wedding planning, thanks, Lisa & Katy
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 05/07/2016

Going into my dress shopping, I had what I thought was a pretty decent dress budget. After the first two dress shops I visited, I began to think I was being unrealistic. Luckily, I talked to Paige at the Bridal Expo in Springfield and she told me about their fantastic sale that was starting: 40% off most of their inventory. That would potentially put the dresses I had like just under my budget. I booked my appointment for a Monday afternoon, 8 months before my wedding. I had high hopes, but realistically thought I would not find what I was looking for. I had a specific style in mind, and Stephanie found the dress for me. She made sure everything I tried on was around my budget. It made a world of difference to try on dresses in my actual size. Stephanie was very fun and knowledgeable, and gave me advice and tips I hadn't thought of before. I left with the perfect dress, just under my budget. The fact that it's my size, and thus will require less alterations than I expected, is just the icing on the cake. Just a really fantastic experience!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Formats was excellent in all aspects of my experience. I went in during a busy time without an appointment and they were able to assist me. I found an amazing dress and came back the next day with friends and family to finalize my purchase. Paige was amazing!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Crystal · Married on 12/26/2015

The workers there did great in helping me find a dress for my wedding plus the shoes and a tiara. They were amazing of making sure what I got was in my price range and over all just amazing at helping me find my wedding dress! :)

Sent on 07/06/2015

tarah · Married on 12/20/2015

I went to 6 shops, hands down my favorite place! Found my perfect dress!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Katelyn · Married on 12/19/2015

Absolutely loved my time at My Formals. After going to two other franchise dress shops, My Formals was a completely different experience. They pampered myself and my entourage with hot and cold beverages, treats, and no other prices compare to the deal I got with my dress! It was much more glamorous than the other store's options at 1/4th the cost. Paige was the absolute best at helping make the day special. Can't wait to wear my gorgeous dress!

Sent on 06/19/2015

These ladies are so organized and welcoming! I was blown away by the environment at My Formals. They have an amazing system to allow brides to pick multiple dresses and keep it all organized! There were so many dresses in each and every size and no two looked alike. If you are looking for a steal of a deal for a very unique dress, My Formals is where you belong. I went to so many other shops before My Formals and I walked away feeling like just another person they were juggling to get into a dress before the next person was ready to get out of theirs. My Formals assigned me a stylist and she was so encouraging and hilarious!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Formals of Litchfield's reply:

So happy to hear that you had a great experience. Our staff strives so hard to make sure everyone feels welcome and special. After all, it's not every day you get married! Thank you for your kind words, and glad to hear that you enjoyed working with your consultant. Please send us pictures of you in your gown, and blessings on your special day! thanks, Lisa & Katy

Formals is great!!! This was not my first experience with them and I was excited to go back! They were incredibly helpful and very energetic! My consultant pushed me to try on different types and styles of dresses that I wouldn't normally have tried but in a very courteous way. I ended up getting a dress that I would have never picked out myself. The value was great and I really liked being able to buy off the rack. It was really helpful to try on dresses that fit me, as opposed to dresses that were way to small or way too big. Thanks Formals for another great experience!!! :)

Sent on 01/20/2015

Formals of Litchfield's reply:

Thank you so much for giving us your feedback! We love to hear how we are doing. It's hard to know how far to "push" a bride to try on gowns outside their ideal look, but when it all comes together in an Amazing Look for Our Brides, it's so Exciting! So happy that you had another great experience here at Formals of Litchfield. Our staff loves to help brides dreams come true! Sincerely, Lisa & Katy

tonya · Married on 10/31/2015

Stephanie was an absolute wonderful consultant! ! Could ask for better consultant! ♡ thank u so much Stephanie :)

Sent on 12/01/2014

Formals of Litchfield's reply:

Tonya, we agree! Stephanie is awesome, she loves when she is able to help a bride find her dream gown. Send us pictures after your big day! Thank you, Lisa & Katy

Great place!! Staff is extremely nice & explain everything to you, loved that you buy right of the floor so no worry of "is my dress going to be in in time!" Great prices & awesome deal when buying brides gown & bridemaids dresses!! Highly recommend formals!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Formals of Litchfield's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, everyday we hear from our brides how much they love our huge selection of In-Stock gowns, ready for each bride to purchase and take home. Please make sure you send us pictures after your wedding! Lisa & Katy.
  • FutureMrsSchaake

Ally · Married on 10/24/2015

Paige was AMAZING! I could not have a better experience with finding the perfect wedding dress if I wanted to. I would gladly recommend her to anyone and everyone who is newly engaged! Litchfield Formals has always been great to us!

Sent on 04/01/2015

Formals of Litchfield's reply:

Ally, we AGREE! Miss Paige is Awesome! So happy to hear that she helped you find the perfect gown. And we truly appreciate you trusting us to come back for your wedding gown. Our customers become Our Family, so happy to have you in our Formals Family! Make sure we see pictures of your wedding, have a fantastic wonderful wedding! Thanks, Lisa & Katy

Katie · Married on 10/24/2015

Paige and the staff was so amazing helping me find my perfect wedding dress. Paige really listened to what I had to say and found the dress I loved and would never have picked for myself. It was the best experience I could have asked for and my family loved it too! So happy I chose this place. Plus the prices were hard to beat!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Kelsey · Married on 10/10/2015

Formals was a wonderful place to get a wedding dress. I found a dress I fell in love with but it was a bit too small. After a lot of confusion, they were able to get my dress. They figured out a way to get it and seemed like they really cared and wanted me to have my dream dress. They were wonderful to work with and I would highly recommend them. I just wish they had more of a special way to "say yes to the dress".

Sent on 03/19/2015

Formals of Litchfield's reply:

Hi Kelsey, So happy you found your gown, you are going to look AMAZING! You and your family were so patient with us and we loved helping you find the right gown. Thanks for the kind words. Thanks for suggesting about a special way to "say yes to the dress", it's got us thinking, we hope to have something in place very soon. Have a beautiful wedding! thanks, Lisa & Katy

Paige did an amazing job helping me pick out my wedding dress! I was stuck between 2 dresses and she helped me picked my amazing gown! I would recommend this vendor to any of my friends. They are professional and make dress shopping less stressful and relaxed! I can't wait to finally get to wear my gorgeous gown!

Sent on 03/24/2015

Jacy · Married on 10/03/2015

Great service! Made finding that special dress even better!

Sent on 07/05/2015

She was a great help made me super excited for my wedding day

Sent on 01/11/2015