ForeverFiances Plantable Invitations Reviews

125 | San Diego, CA

125 Reviews for ForeverFiances Plantable Invitations

Eric · Married on 05/20/2008

Foreverfiances is a great company. We were intrigued by their company story but more importantly; their products and service. Competitive prices and easy. We'd rather shop here than some giant wearhouse online cause the selected items and the user-friendly site makes for better experience.

Thanks.
    Eric and Diane

Sent on 06/19/2008

Caitrin · Married on 07/07/2018

We totally recommend ForeverFiances! I wanted to design my own plantable sustainable wedding invitations. The team was super communicative as I planned the artwork and they did an amazing job printing it. We also used their envelop-printing service, which was amazing ... but I accidentally sent them a file with messed up address information - eeek! By the time I realized what I'd done, I had already sent out the invites - half of them with the wrong city printed on them. I was beside myself, and after crying my eyes out for an hour I called them frantically asking if I could resend the file and get a re-print of everything (not for free, of course, since it was 100% NOT their fault). They are a small operation and really didn't have the capacity to fit me last minute, but somehow they made it work, and a few days later I had replacements in-hand. I really owe the team at ForeverFiances a huge thank-you for pulling through!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Linda · Married on 05/30/2015

We ordered our invitations from ForeverFiances and we love them! Initially we requested samples of about 10 different styles. The one we were leaning most toward was not included in the packet due to a mixup, but when I contacted their rep she sent the last sample right away. It arrived on the plantable paper, but we chose to order it using the recycled paper instead, without seeing a sample like that. We also converted the RSVP card into a postcard, which was a simple change. Everything came out exactly as we had hoped and it was very easy communicating with their design team through the proofing and ordering process. The invitations were exactly what I'd wanted in terms of sturdiness and printing quality, and we felt good about our choices to use an environmentally friendly printer. The only issue we have encountered since is that the RSVP postcard gets a little torn up on its return in the mail to us, probably from their sorting machines. Regardless, we would definitely recommend this company to someone looking for high quality, environmentally friendly, and affordable invitations.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Hannah · Married on 08/18/2014

For the "green"-minded bride and groom, you'll absolutely love this company. They provide a huge array of choices for invitations, stationery, save-the-dates, thank you cards... you name it! There's also a great deal of room for personalization, as you get to work with your assigned designer and get proofs along the way... so you can make sure you get just what you want! The environmentally friendly papers are beautiful to see and touch, and you can even order seeded paper in various colors -- so all the beautiful paper won't go to waste but can instead be easily planted and grow into wildflowers! Invite your guests AND give them the gift of planting flowers!
    We love them, and our guests have never experienced the seeded paper before and are so excited by the concept...

Sent on 02/23/2014
  • Betsy

Betsy · Married on 05/14/2011

This was a great company to work with! Pricey, but worth it. They sent me two proofs for review before final copy, and also made suggestions that would better suit my color choices. I received the invitations in a timely manner. I was extremely satisfied with the final product, and got rave reviews from my friends and family.

Sent on 05/31/2011
  • madcrystal

Crystal A. · Married on 09/26/2010

I LOVED my invitations from Forever Fiances! We were really trying to do something eco friendly and "us" and also keep the cost down and this company was perfect for that. We got the green "herb" plantable paper so that our friends and family could plant it and that fit well with us since my husband is a chef and we were having planted lavender on the tables.
    I love that you get three reviews of the invite and the people at the company responded VERY quickly! We got such a great response from people about the invites. I highly recommend using this company because they have a lot of cute designs and variety of papers to order- plantable and recycled and regular too I think.

Sent on 10/20/2010

Sarah · Married on 09/21/2013

3.5

Forever Fiances is awesome. Just awesome. Their paper was unique and high quality, the printing was flawless, and their customer service was impeccable. I'm a graphic designer so they worked with me to set up my custom design, and they rewarded me for knowing how to properly set up artwork for offset printing and removed their regular setup charge. My only complaint is that they were pricy, but hey, you get what you pay for, and their invitations are worth every penny.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Nadalie · Married on 06/15/2013

I had a minor issue with my order but the way it was handled is the reason I would recommend ForeverFiances to other soon-to-be brides! I cannot tell you how many compliments I've gotten on my wedding invitations! And the best part is, you can GO GREEN at the same time!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Lauren · Married on 03/16/2013

After much hesitation(I don't often order things I can't see and feel for myself) I ordered forget me knot invitations for my wedding in Australia. It was a great decision as the product was beautiful, elegant and exactly what I wanted. I received many compliments and the idea of plantable invites is so unique. The Proofs looked a little different to the invitations due to the printing over the seeded paper but they still looked great and I can't complain at all! Only thing was that shipping to Australia and add on extras made them a bit more expensive than originally anticipated. Overall definitely worth the investment for overseas brides. Getting them through custobs was no problem :) thank you so much.

Sent on 01/08/2013

Chad · Married on 08/11/2012

We had made a mistake on our invitation even after multiple reviews of a few different drafts and they caught it as they were printing it. It was going to be $70 to fix, so I decided it really wasn't that big of a deal but they did it anyway for us! Wonderful!

Sent on 09/02/2012

With your invites they send a personalized plantable thank you for choosing them

Sent on 05/06/2014
  • MM510

Megan · Married on 05/10/2014

3.0

Amazing quality! The people at Forever Fiances will work with you until you get the product you are looking for. They are a tad pricey, but IMO totally worth it!

Sent on 05/17/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/26/2013

3.5

I took a look online at their website and saw a design I liked so I requested a sample. The sample came and looked great so I continued to order. Unfortunately, the company did not make it clear that the sample I received was NOT what I would be getting once I ordered. They failed to clarify that normal 5x7 wedding invitation sizes are an additional $99 upgrade, which, had that been made clear, I would have gladly paid for. So now I'm stuck with ridiculous mini wedding invites and the company has only offered a slight discount on a new order which I do not believe to be fair. I feel the samples they sent me were deceptive and I do not appreciate the added stress during an already stressful time.

**UPDATE** Tim, the VP called me even though he was on vacation! He offered to help me resolve my issues and I am so thankful for his help. Looking forward to getting my new invites! The product really is great and was so bummed at the misunderstanding but thrilled to get it all worked out. THANK YOU TIM!!! I would recommend this company to everyone based on the service I have received.

Sent on 07/22/2013

ForeverFiances Plantable Invitations's reply:

Hi Jessica, So sorry to hear about your disappointment. Our invitations can be customized in a million ways and when you placed your order you chose the eco size in the size drop-down. In each proof you received, we specified the size 5.5"x4.25" of your invitations ordered. At no time, we intend to deceive our brides. We create millions of invitations each year and bring joy and wonder to our couple's guests. I will have our customer service manager give you a call back to find a solution and bring back peace in your heart.

Pamela · Married on 07/20/2013

I love my invitations! They had just the woodland theme I wanted for my destination wedding in Alaska. Having a wedding in a spectacular natural setting makes the environmental aspect of the products even more appropriate.

As an interior designer, it was important to me to have interesting and unique invitations. I cannot tell you how many compliments I received on mine. One of my designer friends is even blogging about them! I am happily sending you many referrals because everyone asks me where I got my beautiful invitations.

Thank you!

Pamela O'Brien
    Pamela Hope Designs Interiors
    www.PamelaHopeDesigns.com
    Houston, TX

Sent on 07/09/2013
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 08/04/2012

I did seeded all-in-one invitations for my wedding, and they came out great. I found the staff to be very responsive to any question I had, and they were very fast and efficient. They are a bit pricey, but for what you get, I think the value is worth it. I had some issues finding the perfect design, but with the help of the staff, was able to get exactly what I wanted. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/27/2012
  • aaRon&aliSon

Alison · Married on 06/25/2011

4.2
      3.5

The invitations we sent out were a simple flat card about 5.50" x 4.25" (w x h) on 100% handmade plantable paper, embedded with herb seeds. Recycled envelopes were included and Forever Fiances donated 1% of the proceeds to the planet. Oh and the invites were made in the USA. Invites can be very costly but we scaled down to using 1 post card size product and saved a lot of money in doing so. I would definitely use this company again for any kind of formal announcement (that couldn't be sent online.) :) Go Green!

Sent on 09/19/2011

3.5

I got the all in one invites to make it easier for my guests. While they weren't the cheapest invitations in the world, I loved that they were 100% recyclable and were a big success with all of my guests.

Sent on 08/20/2014

ForeverFiances Plantable Invitations's reply:

Thank you for your feedback! We loved making your invitations!
    Many blessings!

3.0

my husband and I got our wedding invitations from this company. Overall they were very beautiful and our family and friends love them. We are an eco-friendly couple, so the plantable aspect of these was what drew us in. The invitations were moderately expensive but we figured it would be worth it to send such memorable and unique invitations.

Sent on 07/31/2013
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 03/24/2012

2.5

We used Forever Fiances for our wedding invitations, and the invitations were stunning. We chose the all-in-one invitations and they looked like a page out of a children's storybook. They were whimsical and sweet and (in my opinion) the most unique and lovely invitations I've ever seen. Unfortunately, after we sent out the invitations, we received many of them back in the mail because the top layer of the paper (with our guests' addresses) had been sheared off (I guess in the Post Office machines) and were undeliverable. When I initially ordered the invites, I asked for the clear envelopes to send them, but I was assured by Forever Fiances that they were unneccessary and that the invited could be sealed with clear stickers and sent. After the invitations started coming back undeliverable, I called the company and the customer service at Forver Fiances was wonderful and within a week I had a new set of invitations to send out (although I had to hand address the new batch and they didn't look as nice as the ones I had paid to have printed). Overall, I would recommend these invitations and this company, but I would absolutely advise anyone ordering the all-in-one invitations to send them in the clear envelopes. It was very stressful and disappointing to have to deal with invitations coming back after we sent them out. Not to mention the double postage we had to buy.

Sent on 04/21/2012

ForeverFiances Plantable Invitations's reply:

Thank you Kristin for your feedback. We understand that the reason why your invites bounced back, is because you used $0.45 stamps versus $0.65 as instructed in our faq. We truly appreciate your business and wish you a fantastic wedding day! Thank you again.

3.0

I was excited to order plantable invitations from this online company. We had a difficult time getting the invitations to grow, however. Out of all of my guests, only one was able to grow her invitation. The company had good responsiveness through online chatting, and the invitation was beautiful.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Kristi · Married on 04/21/2012

3.0

The only reason these guys are not getting all 5's is because my first product I recieved was missing the & symbol between our names. The customer service guy was very nice and apologetic. However, because I had already procastinated getting my invitations ordered..this put me further behind! But, once I received my product I was thrilled. We chose the plantable invitations. My guests still talk about them and I believe most of them have since planted their inviatiions. They were by far the most reasonably priced eco friendly option!

Sent on 05/16/2012

Victoria · Married on 09/25/2011

3.0

I really liked the quality of the calls. Just a tip, the invitations should be involved in a tougher pack. Avoid being crushed in handling cases bad.

Sent on 10/20/2011

ForeverFiances Plantable Invitations's reply:

Thank you Victoria for your feedback on your samples order. We have reinforced our envelopes to Brazil. The Brazilian custom is known to open envelopes and sometimes create a little mess :(.
    We truly value your feedback and wish you a truly wonderful wedding!

Katherine · Married on 05/12/2013

1.0
      1.5

we wanted super eco friendly invitations that were cute as well, so we went with plantable invitations and loved a cute "water colored" tree design that forever fiances offered, so went with them. we adore our invitations. they totally fit our day. they were a little expensive, but being environmentally friendly is so important to us, that we went ahead with them anyway. they were very good with sending samples, and helping us figure out colors. they were super fast to respond, and our beautiful invitations came right on time. they even send them with plant based see-through envelopes for mailing. our guests loved them and thought they were so original. the only thing i would say is that we planed all of our RSVPs a month ago, and we still haven't seen any flowers come up. we took pictures, so we could use the pre and post as a thank you, but we are going to scrap that idea since it looks like there may not be any flowers. just dug up our flower bed, no flowers grew, and none of our guests got flowers to grow either. i sent an e-mail to the company to let them know, and they didn't bother with a response. i could have saved a whole lot of money just getting recycled paper invitations instead of seeded ones that don't grow. money wasted and a disappointment. i know others liked their invitations (i did too) but i would be curious to hear if they grew flowers.

Sent on 05/20/2013

1.8
      1.0
      2.0

I want to make sure to share my experience so that others are well aware going in to this and don't experience similar issues. I placed a very large order (185 pieces).

Ordering: I found the process a bit overwhelming, as the online system is certainly as high-tech as some of the other invitation places you might find online these days. My first draft looked nothing like what I entered online. I'm not sure if this was my fault. I called, and we walked through what I wanted. This worked much better, and my second draft was much better.

Delivery: Wow, this was a mess. They told me 8-10 days for delivery when I placed order, then they changed that to when it would be shipped. Then, I get a call two days before they should be shipped telling me that the paper germinated and that only some of my invites could be shipped, and it might take 2 weeks longer. I told them this was unacceptable. They told me they were just very busy. It became clear they maybe just over-extended themselves. I finally had my father call, and suddenly they "found" some more paper. I got my whole shipment in two pieces, though still after the initial deadline.

Quality: My invites are not standard. Some are thinner and different colors than others. I would not say the quality is very good at all. I would complain, but I think the customer service is horrible. I would not use this company.

Sent on 03/26/2014

ForeverFiances Plantable Invitations's reply:

Thank you for your feedback.
    You ordered handmade plantable invitations, embedded with live seeds. Your invitations are really special and take longer to create than a regular machine/digital made invite.
    They were delivered on time (the first 60% actually arrived 2 days early) and we did our very best to respect our deadline. Yes, we did have an early germination incident but after talking to you and assessing the situation, we started calling other clients in production with a later wedding date, to reallocate their white seeded paper to your order. (no, we did not magically found paper). And we did it! We reallocated
    Our customer service and product have been highly praised over the years, it's really strange that you perceive us as "horrible”.
    By now, you should have received great feedback from your guests.
    We have been honored to have created your invitations. May your wedding be a truly blissful experience. Many blessings!

0.0

My invitations were late. When I called to inquire about them, I did not get a call back, instead received an e-mail saying they were sorry, but it took longer than expected for the paper to dry. I finally got them and they don't even match the proof I approved. I emailed them back explaining my frustration. I got a call from their customer service manager Tim who said there wasn't much he could do for me it being a Friday afternoon but could credit me the minimal setup fee atleast and would get back to me Monday. That same day they took the full amount out of my bank account and no one has gotten back to me. I get machine when I call and it's now Tuesday night. It's so late in the game for me at this point as our wedding is in June. I'm very upset and would not recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 04/08/2013

ForeverFiances Plantable Invitations's reply:

Thank you for your feedback. We are truly sorry not to have been more in communication with you. Our handmade paper took a little longer to dry. Is there anything we can do for you? We would like to make it up to you. Please get in touch with us.
    Many thanks.