Forever DJ Events Reviews

Forever DJ Events 1
Forever DJ Events 2
  • Sabrina

Sabrina · Married on 07/20/2019

DJ Kevin J. Rice is Spectacular!! BEST Wedding DJ!

Kevin J. Rice at Forever DJ Events was one of the BEST decisions we made when it came to our wedding! Now, first things first. I love to dance, and I know a good DJ when I hear one, but it’s been rare in my life when a DJ is so good, I feel like I’m back in my college days, jumping up and down every time a song transition occurs and I find myself blurting out “Omg I love this song!”. Well, that was me, from the beginning to the end of my wedding, jumping up and down in my wedding dress, giddy like a little girl. Kevin’s experience as a DJ is evident within the first few songs from the way he mixes the music, to the smooth transitions, to the way he assesses the crowd’s preferences and creates the most beautiful positive energy! Kevin knew that my fiance’ and I have a unique love story. We were each other’s first loves back in high school and we lost touch for 17 years until we reconnected. Because of that, our ceremony was romantic, emotional, and elegant and Kevin did such an incredible job of capturing the sentiment that we wanted. We got to select the music that we wanted playing as people were arriving for the ceremony. We selected classical pieces that were really meaningful to us when we dated in high school. I remember getting ready to walk down for the ceremony in my wedding dress and hearing Smaointe’ by Enya playing, and I started to cry. It meant so much to me that Kevin let us select that music. I walked down the aisle to Nessun Dorma, from the opera Turandot, the song I dreamt of walking down the aisle to since I was a little girl. And right as we went in for the kiss, I had asked Kevin to fade in the most powerful part of that song before the recessional at the end of the ceremony. It couldn’t have been more perfectly timed. He was so on point! We had decided that for the reception we just wanted to have cut loose and have fun! The most impressive thing about Kevin’s ability to move the crowd is that our wedding was a 100% alcohol-free event. As a bride, one of the greatest joys of that night was seeing my loved ones so happy and dancing and full of life without being under the influence, and Kevin made that happen! I will never forget that. When we had our first dance, there was some miscommunication about the length of the song, and it was cut short, so afterwards I spoke to Kevin about it, and he apologized and told me we would replay our first dance song again later in the evening and he would play the full song (I picked a very long version). His sincerity meant so much to me. He truly cares about his clients and making sure their special day is what they envisioned. So we got to have a second “first dance” under the stars. Again, that is a moment that I will never forget. We had a technical malfunction with the slide show that evening, and Kevin came to the rescue to make sure that we had excellent sound quality. Kevin is extremely professional, but also brings so much heart and dedication to his craft. From day one, he took the time to hear our entire story and took careful notes during meetings on what we were looking for. Perhaps the most valuable part of Kevin’s approach is his exceptional organization and attention to detail! He has a whole online planning format where you can enter everything and all your song selections, etc. as you’re in the wedding planning stages. Whenever I needed to touch base with Kevin or I had a question or needed guidance he was always available. When it came to our wedding day, Kevin delivered on the most magical wedding I could’ve imagined. I highly recommend DJ Kevin J. Rice for any special event! You will not be disappointed. In such a competitive industry it is difficult to find people who truly care, and that’s Kevin!

Sent on 08/08/2019
    Forever DJ Events 3
    Forever DJ Events 4

James Carroll · Married on 09/08/2018

Best dj ever!

Kevin was the best decision we made for our wedding day! We had no idea what a "Good DJ" was. We have never seen a dance floor so packed all night long! We had many guests come up and tell us the DJ was the best they have ever seen.
    Kevin was very helpful in helping us figure out the vibe for our wedding and building the timeline. He was easy going but very detailed in the planning process which helped make the day perfect. We also had the photo booth option that all our guests really enjoyed. I would not recommend another DJ for your wedding, Kevin is the best!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2018

Kevin was fantastic! He did such a wonderful job at our wedding and brought such a great energy to the day. We are so glad we booked him! Kevin always responded to my emails and questions very quickly and he has some very helpful online planning tools as well. Another helpful thing was that when we gave Kevin a list of songs we liked and wanted to hear, he was able to find similar music to complete the whole night with awesome music. What a great DJ!!

Sent on 06/12/2018
  • I

Ivy · Married on 08/26/2017

Hands down, Kevin is the DJ you want for your wedding!! From start to finish, he was so easy to work with. Kevin uses this really detailed online tool that helps the bride and groom through every step of the process, not to mention, he's got an extensive list of songs!! He can also get songs if he doesn't have it! My husband and I had a small intimate wedding and Kevin was definitely a crowd pleaser- everyone complimented his style and choice in music. Kevin is friendly, flexible, professional, and a talented DJ and MC! Kevin really took care of us. We are so happy and grateful that we chose him for our wedding - our guests all agreed as well!!!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Marla · Married on 09/17/2016

We booked Kevin for our wedding, overall he did a fantastic job and we are really happy that he was our DJ. A few things we loved about Kevin...

- Our wedding had technically 4 different locations (ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, dancing), Kevin really did an excellent job setting up in all the location and making the transition feel seamless.

- His overall demeanor and personality is awesome. This one I think it important because the DJ really sets the tone for the wedding. We talked to other DJs who were really cheesy, Kevin is not cheesy at all. He's positive, fun, outgoing, but also laid back and approachable.

- Related to the above note we really didn't want a DJ that would MC too much or be too "announcer-y," Kevin was great at that. He gave our guests direction and encouraged them to participate but didn't over do it, was just the right amount!

- All of our guest said he music was great. Kevin did a nice job of understanding my husband and I's taste in music (which is very different) and providing a nice balance of songs. I like more "drag-queen" and my husband is more "rock/hipster." Kevin did a good job having both types of music and gauging when the crowd did or didn't like a song.

- I was a very "hands on" bride (schedules, lists etc.) Kevin was really great about reviewing everything, doing pre-wedding check ins etc.

- The uplighting he did was AMAZING, highly recommend it and really brought the room together!

Overall we definitely recommend Kevin!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Kendra · Married on 07/30/2016

I hired Kevin for our wedding at La Cuesta Ranch after he was referred to me by family members who knew him. Kevin's online wedding program made it so easy for us to plan and choose songs! It was so fun to see the barn and dance floor PACKED with our guests dancing and enjoying themselves! I didn't even know until the next day that Kevin had been sick for our entire wedding day. Thank you for your professionalism and making our day perfect!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Erica · Married on 06/18/2016

Kevin was very responsive! The online music tools were super helpful as well!

He was very flexible on the day of and helped with our processional schedule in terms of recommending another song so there weren't any awkward pauses.

He kept the music going all night and all of our guests were dancing the night away!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Kevin was one of our favorite vendors at our wedding. Leading up to the wedding, he was very flexible with our schedule, working with us to set up an in-person meeting. His experience and eagerness created for a thorough planning process, which gave my now husband and myself the confidence and trust to completely hand over the MC duties and music to Kevin. On the day of the wedding he was an integral part in helping to keep the day running smoothly. He communicated with us which helped us to stay on track with timing. In addition, his ear for music and ability to read the room's mood is incredible. Many of our guests came up to us throughout the night, impressed with the music. Overall, Kevin did an amazing job! It is vendors like him who help make your wedding one of the greatest days of your life, because not only do you get to marry the love of your life, but you get to truly enjoy the day rather than needing to worry about the details on the day of the wedding.

Sent on 01/19/2016

Dustin · Married on 10/03/2015

Very professional, organized and talented.

Sent on 01/20/2016

Ariana · Married on 09/26/2015

Kevin was a wonderful DJ for our wedding, we are so happy that we selected him to be a part of it. He was very helpful, patient, accommodating and professional. He had great music and had all of us dancing till the very end :)

Sent on 01/13/2016

Meagan · Married on 06/27/2015

Kevin did an excellent job DJing our wedding reception. He made sure the event ran smoothly and kept us on target for our time frame. We picked our top favorite songs and then Kevin did a good job adding songs to extend the playlist! He also had great recommendations for special songs that was very helpful. The final touch was when he played a great version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" when a rainbow appeared at the end of the evening.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Natasha · Married on 05/17/2015

Kevin is a really professional guy, very easy going and played the music that WE wanted to hear at our wedding reception. His ability to gauge the crowd and play the right songs made his work (that he clearly enjoys) a wonderful part of our wedding ceremony and reception. Thanks Forever DJ Events! Thanks Kevin! Our wedding was PERFECT! :)

Sent on 05/30/2015

Alexa · Married on 04/17/2015

Kevin was an amazing DJ. He really is organized and helped our wedding to flow smoothly and he also had great unqiue ideas! Very personable, very professional. So glad we chose him to be our DJ!

Sent on 04/30/2015

Steven · Married on 12/31/2014

Kevin was hired to DJ our New Years Eve party that was thrown at a empty warehouse. Kevin supplied his open air photobooth along with all the lighting that turned the empty warehouse into a something amazing. It was a smaller group of about 60 guests and everyone very impressed how Kevin kept it Rockin all night! I would highly suggest hiring Forever DJ Events for your next event!! He truly understands what it takes to keep everyone moving and showing off their awesome dance moves. :-)

Sent on 01/02/2015

My husband and I used Kevin for our wedding in September of last year (2013). We were on a pretty tight budget and we weren’t sure that we would even be able to afford a DJ. We were within weeks of our wedding and were still trying to figure out what we were going to do. That’s when we found Kevin. He went the (major) extra mile to work on one of his rare weekend days off to provide the music and MC for our wedding. He was more than accommodating with us on our budget (something that no other DJ was willing to do), and gave us an awesome “Sunday Discount” (our wedding was on a Sunday). He was quick to respond to email correspondence and was sure to set up a meeting right before the event to ensure that he had every song we wanted to hear on our special day and to go over the exact time line for each detail of the day. He was extremely organized and timely. He worked with the wedding planner for our venue to ensure that everything was exactly how we wanted it. On our wedding day, we received (and still receive) several compliments on Kevin. Great music, great presence, professional, friendly and approachable. After months of planning and working tirelessly at maintaining a budget, my husband and I both agreed that having Kevin be a part of our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. Our event was so much more memorable and special because of the service he provided. He has a way of feeling out what the crowd is responding to and keeping the energy flowing in the room. We just celebrated our first anniversary and while we reminisced about our day, we found that most of our favorite moments happened simply because of a song Kevin was playing. I would highly recommend using Kevin for your entertainment in whatever event you are planning!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Kevin was awesome from the get go. He met us on sight for the walk through and was totally cool when we changed his setup location weeks after the walk through. The day of he was there early, didnt hand the mic over to any unauthorized guests and stayed an extra 1.5 hours because the party didnt want to end!

Sent on 01/19/2016