For the Love of Mackinac! Reviews

83 | Mackinac Island, MI

83 Reviews for For the Love of Mackinac!

For the Love of Mackinac! 1
For the Love of Mackinac! 2
For the Love of Mackinac! 3
For the Love of Mackinac! 4
For the Love of Mackinac! 5
For the Love of Mackinac! 6
For the Love of Mackinac! 7

Jill · Married on 07/01/2017

We really can't put into words how invaluable Carole and her team were to our wedding day. Carole spent countless hours with us starting over a year in advance planning our dream day. We had a lot of ideas of how we wanted our wedding to be and she really brought those ideas to life. She kept us organized and on top of all aspects of our planning and gave us advice or input when needed. The day of the wedding, Carole's team was on top of EVERYTHING! There was not a single detail that was left or forgotten. There was not a single issue that even came up (that we know of!). She kept us on schedule, calm, and enjoying every moment of the day. I would recommend her to ANYONE getting married on Mackinac Island. Her love, attention, and passion shines through in her work! Thank you, Carole and For the Love of Mackinac for the best day of our lives!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Kelly · Married on 06/23/2017

Carole truly made our wedding day the best day of our lives. Without her I wouldn't have been able to sit back and enjoy the day. I was not stressed out at all. She was very on top of everything. She made sure everyone involved in the wedding was where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be. She set up our reception exactly as I asked her to do. She made great suggestions when necessary and also gave recommendations on people/places to get in touch with on Mackinac Island. Our wedding was a destination wedding on Mackinac Island and putting a wedding together when you live hundreds of miles away is not easy. Carole made it so much easier for us though with all her insight about the Island. She very much care about your special day. I definitely would recommend Carole and For The Love Of Mackinac to any future brides and grooms getting married on Mackinac Island. Our wedding day was so perfect and beautiful. It was like a fairytale. We owe a lot of that to Carole. Thank you!

Sent on 06/30/2017
  • F

Forest · Married on 10/01/2016

Carol Erbel is a top notch professional who is an absolute necessity for planning your wedding. She's well connected, highly organized, and managed our wedding with grace and ease. There's no way our wedding could have been anywhere close to how perfect it was without her.

–Forest Evashevski

Sent on 12/11/2016

Elisa · Married on 09/17/2016

We are so thankful to have worked with Carole in planning our wedding on Mackinac Island! She helped turn what seemed like a daunting task into a fun and low stress experience. She was always ready with advice, answers, and options whenever we had questions. She listened to what we wanted and helped make it happen. We knew we wanted cupcakes at our wedding and Carole convinced our wedding cake vendor (who no longer was doing cupcakes) to make them just for us. When we had an issue with customer service at a hotel, Carole stepped in and took care of the issue for us. Along the way Carole was always responsive, friendly and professional. Anytime I emailed her a question I would hear back within a few minutes. Carole seemed more like a good friend by the time our wedding came along and we were very happy to have her be a part of our special day. Our wedding day was a perfect fairy tale experience thanks to Carole's expertise. She coordinated the day down to the minute and was always in the right spot making sure everything went smoothly. I would 100% without a doubt HIGHLY recommend Carole to any bride and groom. We can't thank her enough for all of her hard work for our special day!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Jane · Married on 09/09/2016

Carole was absolutely AMAZING! My husband and I are from Ohio, and Carole found all of our vendors and facilitated working with them to meet our needs. Everyone that she found and all of the work that she did herself was professional and more than we could have ever hoped for. There were constant changes when planning our wedding and Caroly happily and skillfully managed each one. She made the day of the wedding flow as seamlessly as possible. There was no stress or any worries because she took care of everything. Carole goes above and beyond to make sure her customers have the perfect wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone interested in getting married on Mackinac Island. She was perfect in every way!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Alana · Married on 08/19/2016

You won't find a better planner than Carole. You can rest assured everything will be handled efficiently and correctly...not to mention she is a genuinely wonderful person.

Sent on 08/23/2016

Julia · Married on 07/30/2016

Carole and her team at For the Love of Mackinac made planning a long distance wedding truly a breeze! My friends and family commented on how relaxed I was, but it was because I knew that For the Love of Mackinac had everything covered, from setting up our photo table at the beginning of the day to packing up our personal crystal toasting flutes at the end of the night. Not only did they make sure that I was taken care of and the rest of the bridal party, but the guests as well, which allowed for everyone to enjoy the day.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Christine · Married on 07/29/2016

Our wedding day would never have turned out to be as perfect as it was without Carole and For the Love of Mackinac! We worked with her starting 16 months out and she was attentive and helpful every step of the way! She made sure everything was flawless both leading up to and on the big day! I would never do something like this without her :) She's truly the best!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Erika · Married on 07/17/2016

Carole was fantastic. She was extremely professional and courteous throughout the planning process. She was a huge help finding the various vendors required for the wedding - all her suggestions were home-runs. Where she really shined was the day of. Unfortunately, rain showed up for our outdoor wedding but Carole did a speedy job of reorganizing the entire setup to the tent (reception location). Despite the tent ceremony, she and the hotel staff did an awesome job of decorating the location so the ceremony felt cozy and inviting. She also did a great job of keeping everything on track the day of so that we could enjoy one the best days in our life.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Susan · Married on 07/02/2016

Carol (and vendors) handled our 4 day long wedding weekend on Maxkinac Island. If you are looking at this website for a review of Carol's service..... STOP......pick up the phone and call her to save your date!!! Hurry! If you miss out on having her (and all her vendors) plan and complete your wedding, you risk not experiencing the wedding of your dreams! She is impeccable in everything thing she does. Communication, attitude, knowledge, friendliness, budgeting, professionalism, respect, privacy.........we could go on and on to sell you on her. If you are planning a wedding on Mackinac Island.....she knows everyone & everything.....don't make the mistake of not having her help you! It's too big of a risk! Contact us anytime suniejones@yahoo.com. Susan & Lance. Furthermore .......she is one of the nicest people God ever put breath in! ??????

Sent on 08/08/2016

Carol · Married on 06/25/2016

If you want to have a wedding that is flawless planned, and during the event all the details are taken care of, this is the vendor for you. From the manicures on Thursday through an extra reception on Sunday, our only task was to relax, enjoy the event, and all our guests.

Sent on 07/27/2016

Katie · Married on 06/25/2016

If you are planning a wedding on Mackinac Island, Carole Erbel at For the Love of Mackinac is a must! She will help you coordinate and execute all of the details for your special day. No matter how much you prep, plan or organize, no one can prepare you for the overwhelming joy, love and emotions that you will experience on your wedding day. Carole was an indispensable asset, allowing us to take in every moment without having to worry about details. She kept everyone happy and made small adjustments as needed, to keep everything flowing smoothly. I would highly recommend For the Love of Mackinac and could not imagine planning and executing my wedding weekend with out Carole Erbel.

Sent on 07/29/2016

Karen · Married on 06/17/2016

Our wedding day was perfect because of Carole! After first trying to plan our Mackinac Island wedding on my own, from a distance, I decided I needed some help. I called "For the Love of Mackinac!" and spoke with Carole and she couldn't have been more helpful! She asked what we were hoping for and then gave me suggestions that I had not even thought of...she seemed to know better what I wanted than I did! I highly recommend Carole Erbel as your wedding planner...she was amazing! Her attention to detail, prompt response and wonderful suggestions put my mind at ease. She turned our wedding into our DREAM wedding! My husband was so happy with the suggestions and said he would not have changed a thing!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Adrienne · Married on 09/19/2015

Our wedding was the most perfect day I could ever imagine. Carole was a blessing to have, especially in the day of! She was extremely knowledgeable about everything Mackinac Island wedding. She even set upan opportunity to take some pictures with my favorite breed of horse! Having our wedding on Mackinac was an absolute amazing experience and we would totally recommend Carole to anyone who wants a spectacular stress-free day!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Melissa · Married on 08/15/2015

Carole was amzing! It allowed myself and my mother to relax and enjoy the day. Everything was done preferly and beyond what I could have imanaged. My weddig would not have happened with out Carole.

Sent on 08/22/2015

Denise · Married on 08/15/2015

My daughter's wedding was absolutely perfect, and Carole was most definitely the key element. Besides providing invaluable assistance in the planning stages, Carole made sure the entire event from rehearsal to reception ran flawlessly. Carole was professional, personable, and passionate ensuring everything ran according to plan. Because of Carole's attention to detail, I was able to focus on my daughter on her special day, and I am grateful. Thank you, Carole!

Sent on 08/22/2015

Julie · Married on 08/08/2015

Carole made our dream wedding a reality! Her attention to detail is second to none. She is also a joy to work with. We received so many compliments on how smoothly our wedding day flowed. Carole had the day scheduled perfectly which took the stress off of our shoulders so we got to actually enjoy ourselves and take lovely pictures around the island, eat and drink with our guests and dance the night away. Our happy memories of our magical Mackinac Island Wedding will last a lifetime!
    If you are interested in getting married on Mackinac Island you need Carole, For the Love of Mackinac!?
    -Julie & Adam 8/8/15

Sent on 08/24/2015

Carole always responded to my emails in a timely manner. I chose everything I wanted for the wedding but Carole connected with vendors for me. She also shared with me that a previous bride had a bad experience with the hair salon and didn't want me to have that same experience. So last minute we switched and got right into another salon. I appreciated that so much! She took care of everything the day before and day of. That was awesome so I didn't have to worry and just enjoy the day. She just wanted us to take it all in. She knows everyone at Mission Point and has relationships with all the vendors. That was helpful and reassuring. She is also very kind and professional. She knows how to handle difficult situations and different personalities.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Rachel · Married on 08/01/2015

Carole is the absolute best. She takes care of the client from beginning to end ensuring every detail is in place. My wedding day would not have been as perfect and seamless without her. She went above and beyond to take care of the bride and groom and wedding party, managing unforeseen complications in a timely manner and providing breakfast to the bride and bridesmaids while getting hair and makeup done. Carole truly cares about the client and all the details of the wedding. Highly recommend her services.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Carole was amazing. she provided everything we needed to plan our destination wedding from the photography to an officiant. She was incredibly organized and may our wedding day exception. There is no one more connected or a better planner for a Mackinac Wedding

Sent on 08/23/2015

Carole at For the Love of Mackinac was great to work with. She was very responsive and provided direction whenever it was needed. Ultimately, everything we wanted was made possible for us. It was nice to have Carole working for us, as we live in Florida and were having our wedding on Mackinac Island. Carole surpassed our expectations on the day of our wedding. She took care of everything, down the smallest detail. We are very thankful Carole was there for us. Our wedding turned out better than we could have ever imagined.

Sent on 08/25/2015

I highly recommend Carole! I planned my wedding from out of state and she made it so easy. Her friendliness put me at ease from our first conversation. She responded promptly to any questions and gave detailed instructions for everything I needed to do at my end. I couldn't, and wouldn't want to, have tried to plan my wedding without her!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Barbara · Married on 09/20/2014

As soon as my now husband and I got engaged, we knew we had to book Carole immediately. Planning a wedding on Mackinac Island while living in Denver made things a little more complicated. Before getting down to business, I was able to speak with Carole over the phone to get to know one another--she is so kind, knowledgeable, fun, and made planning the wedding seem so easy! She immediately recommended vendors such as photographers, DJ, cake makers, florist..etc just to name a few. She thought of everything, even down to carriages we needed to take our guests to the reception. The day of the wedding, everything was set up exactly how we had imagined, and our parents, my mom especially, was able to relax and enjoy the day. I don't use this word too often, but when asked how our wedding day was, our answer is simple: absolutely perfect! I would recommend Carole and For the Love of Mackinac hands down. Not only was the planning and day of amazing, but we gained a new friend also.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Melissa · Married on 09/13/2014

Thanks to Carole all my Mackinac Island wedding dreams and wants all came to life. I had the most amazing and stress free wedding weekend thanks to Carole. Through the planning process Carole kept me on track and recommended excellent vendors such as DJ, ferry, carriage and even the minister. She is very prompt and reassuring through the entire planning process making you feel so comfortable, we had some great laughs along the way. I even think Carole made the rain stop and sun come out right on time ensuring I got my wish to get married outside. Right after a few pictures it started sprinkling again. I can't say enough about how pleased you will be to work with Carole. Hiring Carole was the best wedding present I gave myself and she will always hold a special place in my heart.

Sent on 09/26/2014

Kathy · Married on 08/09/2014

When our daughter decided she wanted a Mackinac Island wedding, the first thing we did was hire Carole Erbel. Best decision we made. I can’t imagine planning a wedding on Mackinac without her. The knowledge and experience she has is invaluable -- and she recommended things we never even thought of. We followed all her suggestions and they all exceeded our expectations. Venue, photographer, video, DJ, florist, cake, favors, pianist, vocalist, ferry line, rehearsal dinner -- all were recommended by Carole and all of them were exceptional. Mackinac is a unique, magical place for a wedding and Carole made sure that every detail was attended to. With our daughter’s wedding in Carole’s capable hands, we were free to enjoy every moment of the event. I can guarantee that if you hire Carole to coordinate your wedding day YOU will not have a single problem. Because if a problem arises, it’s CAROLE’S problem. AND SHE'S ON IT! Priceless.

Sent on 08/19/2014