For Goodness Cakes Reviews

68 | Norcross, GA

68 Reviews for For Goodness Cakes

Stacey · Married on 09/17/2010

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! Melonie did a fantastic job creating the perfect wedding cake for us. She took my desire for a simple design and made it quite elegant. She did an even more amazing job on my husband's groom's cake. She made a very realistic fire helmet! It was incredible! We couldn't believe the detail that went into making it. The guests are still talking about her magnificent creation. I highly recommend For Goodness Cakes!

Sent on 10/04/2010

m · Married on 04/05/2010

I was refered to for goodness cakes by a friend who have use Mel's services for several different cakes. The price was great for the cake, I was glad because I got a couple of prices before deciding but the cake was beautiful for the design, quality, taste etc. Mel was very professional, flexible. When we went for our tasting with her, it was hard to choose a flavor because they were so good. I did call and change the flavor and it was no problem.
    On our wedding day, she made sure I was satisfy with everything before leaving. Her store is beautiful she really know how to design cakes. She was a breath of fresh air after the quote I recieved. She was on time and set everything up before leaving.
    I would recommend and use her services again.

Sent on 05/27/2010

Rebecca · Married on 07/05/2008

For Goodness Cakes had the most flavorful and moist cake I have ever had. After tasting many different cakes and being less impressed each time, finding For Goodness Cakes was meant to be. Melanie has a wide selection of flavors that are all over the top yummy choosing was the hardest part! Melanie was so warm and friendly, even after having to reschedule a few times; we finally had our tasting late after she normally sees people. She never hurried us to choose and even helped narrow down a design. After tasting her cake it was so hard to wait until the wedding to have more. Sadly Mark and I only got two bites each. We saved our top out of tradition, never believing we would enjoy eating it a year later. I'm thrilled to let you know that one year later the cake had just as much flavor and moistness on our wedding day. I believe that not only was it the directions given to us on how to preserve our cake, but also Melanie's talent and care she put into the cake which made our one year anniversary better.

Sent on 07/14/2009

For Goodness Cakes did an amazing job! I showed them a picture of a cake I wanted and they were able to duplicate it exactly like we wanted, the best part is it tasted amazing!
    Also there prices were so much more reasonable than a few other places my husband and I looked at.

Sent on 08/28/2014

The cakes turned out beautiful! I am exceptionally happy with the Groom's cake (because I actually got to really taste his cake) - not only was it beautiful - but it was absolutely delicious. For Goodness Cakes did a wonderful job!!!

Sent on 12/31/2013

Ashley · Married on 09/08/2018

We purchased a three-tier wedding cake for our 110 guests, and it went pretty fast. My boss, who is apparently a big fan of wedding cake, says it was the best he's ever had. We ordered layers of vanilla bean and pecan with salty caramel filling throughout. It was truly exquisite. A bit pricey, but par for the area and well worth it.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Ashlee · Married on 03/30/2018

Everyone loved our wedding cake!! Guest were raving that this was the BEST wedding cake they ever had. We ordered two flavors: the vanilla salted caramel and strawberry. The cake was delicious!! I would recommend them for your special day.

Sent on 04/21/2018

Heather · Married on 11/09/2013

WOW is the first thing that comes to mind! Not only did our cake (s) look amazing but they were absolutely delicious. My husband, mother and I met with Megan at For Goodness Cakes to do a tasting and start designing our cake (YUM YUM YUM). I went to an expo and saw a For Goodness Cake a few weeks back and knew it was the one so my actual wedding cake decision was easy. What was not easy, was designing the Grooms Cake. I wanted it to be special and a surprise. Megan and her design team took a bunch of random things/ideas I had and made an amazing cake that we called "EJs favorite things" (the base was a motorcycle tire, with a superman symbol as the spokes, 3 golf balls next to it with the GSU logo on the balls and then the city, state that my husband grew up in as a map in front of the tire. Random, I know lol). We served our Groom Cake at the rehearsal dinner and it was an absolute hit. Everyone was extremely impressed!

I have already recommended For Goodness Cakes to other friends of mine and would continue to do so!

Thank you so much for the wonderful experience.

Sent on 12/30/2013

The staff here is great, however my decorator seemed a bit scatterbrained a few times. Had to ask me to re-send her some information more than once. However the delivery, design, taste, and presentation of our cake was out of this world!! Definitely worth every penny. Guests raved about the cake all night!

Sent on 12/14/2012

Christina · Married on 10/06/2012

My favorite thing about my wedding might quite possibly be my wedding cake. For Goodness Cakes took my cake descriptions and pictures and made my exact vision come to life at my wedding. The staff went out of their way to fit me into the schedule and make sure the delivery went smoothly. And as absolutely gorgeous as the cake was, it was still the best tasting cake I've ever had! Seriously, butter pecan, do it! :) I'm so happy with my wedding cake choice, and will definitely use For Goodness Cakes for special occasion cakes in the future.

Sent on 10/23/2012

Nichole · Married on 06/03/2011

Melonie was awesome! She did a fabulous job on both of our cakes. The wedding cake and grooms cake. It was delicious! Can't wait for our anniversary cake!

Sent on 06/19/2011

Ashley · Married on 07/25/2015

3.5

Our cake tasted AMAZING! Thank you so much for a beautiful cake! Everything thought it looked spectacular!!

Sent on 08/08/2015

very creative with work and willing to make it work for your special day!

Sent on 12/06/2015
  • User3711937 · 2+ years ago

Our cakes were moist and the delicious on the day of the wedding. We had many compliments and the cake tasted even better than the tasting! We ordered red velvet and champagne. Also, the tasting was enjoyable and they made it easy to pick what we wanted. We used this vendor through our reception vendor the Payne-Corley House.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Lauren · Married on 06/08/2013

I used for Goodness Cakes for our wedding cake. We didnt do the traditional cake, but went with a cake pop cake. They had never done a cake pop wedding cake before but were very excited to try it. They ordered a stand and everything for us. The cake turned out amazing and so tasty! They were very easy to work with and listened to everything that we wanted. We got many compliments on our cake and I am so glad that we used them! My only compliant was that at the last minute I was told I had to leave a $200 deposit for the cake pop stand and if I didn't return the stand in 5 days it would not be refunded, when I had already paid $50 to rent it. It turned out fine and we got the stand back but I just wish i would have been told that in the beginning. I would def. recommend them to other brides!

Sent on 06/24/2013

For Goodness Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much for your review Lauren. I apologize that you were not made aware of the refundable $200 deposit for the cake pop stand. It is a standard policy for all of our equipment that is rented, and every bride is supposed to be informed of that, so we dropped the ball on clearly communicating that with you. I'm so glad you and your guests enjoyed the cake pops and we appreciate your business! - Melonie

Tristin · Married on 04/14/2013

3.0

That cake was so good it still haunts my dreams. I think the key was that we went with a butter cream frosting instead of fondant, which was their suggestion. Fondant is very pretty, but it’s basically inedible, and I am a frosting lover, so I was all too excited when they told me that my design could be accomplished in butter cream. I barely got to eat anything at our wedding because I was so busy dancing and running around talking to everyone - BUT, I made time for cake, and boy am I glad I did! I look forward to having wedding cake, round 2 on my 1 year anniversary! (I give them fewer points on flexibility because they could not accommodate our request for a vegan cake).

Sent on 10/24/2013

Courtney · Married on 03/16/2013

Christina at For Goodness Cakes made our wedding cake (cupcake) dreams come true. She designed an incredible layout, as well as provided the most delicious cupcakes with personalized decorations on each one. Our guests were delighted and the cupcakes were fought over as favors at the end of the reception.

Sent on 04/10/2013
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 05/05/2012

2.5

Our cake turned out beautiful! However, it was very hard to get in touch with Melonie when I had questions.

Sent on 05/16/2012