FGF Reviews

34 | Dallas, TX

34 Reviews for FGF

It's three weeks out from our wedding and people are still talking about our food.
    Three weeks out.

Their service is wonderful and they will customize your menu, take care of your special dietary needs and provide amazing service. We were so impressed with the quality and quantity of food provided that we hope to get invited to an event that they cater again.

Sent on 10/20/2014

My husband and I were very pleased with our food at our reception. We had appetizers (Fried Green Tomatoes) and a cheese, fruit, cracker display during our cocktail hour. Our reception meal was DELICIOUS! One of our sides was an amazing baked macaroni and cheese dish that had everyone raving!

We worked with Matthew through our vendor and he was very professional, listened well and worked very hard to make us happy. He offered suggestions when we were struggling with decisions, but was never pushy. His guidance helped make our reception a hit! THANK YOU SO MUCH MATTHEW!!!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Angela · Married on 05/15/2010

We had a brunch wedding and we had the most spectacular food created for us by Food Glorious Food. It was delicious, decadent, and looked like a work of art. The catering staff were the loveliest people who seemed to be foodies, just like us! The serving staff at the wedding were beyond attentive and professional. Our food was one of the most memorable aspects of our wedding, and for people to continue to talk about the food months later, you know it was incredible!

Sent on 09/07/2010

Crissie · Getting married on 08/04/2023

They were on time,respectful, awesome food, looked sharp

I would totally go with them again. Great service provided!!!!!!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Amazing food! We were a bit upset to learn our venue required only this caterer but in the end they were so flexible and delicious! We had a strange menu as I am vegetarian but eat cheese and my husband is Muslim and my family is Jewish so we needed kosher, halal, and vegetarian! It all turned out amazing and everyone was talking about how good it was. I was only sad they didn't let us take doggie bags home!

Sent on 04/11/2014

3.5

-We could not find any catered menues less expensive per head than this option
    -The food was tasty, but nothing exceptional.
    -Presentation was great.
    -Service was wonderful.
    -Staff was all very professional.

Sent on 07/19/2013

3.5

Our food was delicious! We received so many compliments on how good the food was from our guests. Michelle Hope was great. She worked with us and our tight budget. We ended up going with the Union buffet #2.

The only issue I had was that we didn’t get a chance to have a tasting beforehand as they prefer to do larger group tastings.

Sent on 05/05/2013

Rao Tayi · Married on 11/03/2018

2.8
      3.0
      1.0

If you are looking for them to take responsibility when things go south don't count on them

I am the father of the Bride. My daughter's wedding took place this past November of 2018. They recommended that we get a tent erected to accommodate our guests for the reception. They promised that the tent can be made weather proof - in the sense, in case of rain we won't be interrupted. It costed ovr $18K and over $50K for food. The tent was put up without the side panel to prevent the rain. At least they had the top. The tent construction is done by just one firm. They had contracted with that company to build. But was not adequately supervised, to ensure that the side panels were put up. The invoice had a line item for the side panels and also in the contract with the tent company.

thunderstorms rolled in as predicted for few days during the reception. We contracted them to give two wine pours. First pour was done and the main course was being served the thunderstorms came and disrupted the rest of the program. No second pour took place. They did try to serve food inside, but quite a many of the guests could not eat because it was plated dinner needing fork & knife and there weren't enough tables.

The $18K+ for the tent was a total waste also nearly $8K of decorations & accoutrements were a waste. They took no responsibility. They pretty much said SCAT happens and blamed us saying the contract was between us and the tent company. The manager who later claimed to have been at the wedding but didn't even bother to introduce himself - quite the liar.

It is a den of thieves, as we found out. While we were discussing how they would compensate us for the economic damages, they put through a charge for $37+K thru the credit card company, fraudulently charging my credit card we used to put up the deposit a year earlier. Always cancel your card after the deposit. I mistook them to be honorable, but they are frauds & thieves. We did not even get a chance to review the final bill. Additionally they did not even return the security deposit of $1,000 they took a year earlier - which was supposed to be returned. I am talking to Dallas county prosecutor's office to press charges.

Sent on 02/25/2019

2.0
      2.5
      2.0
      3.0
      1.5
      1.0

I was so disappointed with the service I received from FGF. The food was great. But, unfortunately, the catering manager at the Hall of State was rude and unprofessional. I am not even sure she realizes how rude she comes across as. Maybe if you hire a wedding planner (I did not b/c she told me she was a certified wedding planner), she will listen to him/her more.

Sent on 10/17/2012