7 Reviews for Food for the Southern Soul

Bartender(s) (1)
Open Bar (1)
Tables (1)
7 Food for the Southern Soul Reviews

When we began planning our wedding, my now-husband asked, jokingly, if we could go really laid back and serve his favorite food at our wedding – pulled pork. He seemed surprised when I thought that was the best idea ever and suggested we make it a backyard bbq – pulled pork, lowcountry shrimp boil, mac&cheese, red rice, grilled chicken, and biscuits. Our planners suggest Food for the Southern Soul to accomplish this, and they hit the nail on the head. If you are looking for amazing food for your wedding – this is the way to go. From the first tasting, we knew that we were in for something memorable. FFTSS was professional and so nice, and we were able to meet the owner of the company during our tasting – love local companies! We wanted delicious, simple, no-frills food that people loved, and FFTSS delivered. The passed hor d’oeuvres at cocktail hour seemed to be a huge hit – I got to have the bacon wrapped scallop and deviled egg, and they were on point. We decided to do stations at the wedding, so all of our guests could try everything. I loved seeing so many friends as they stopped by our table on their way to get second and third helpings! We received so many compliments on how amazing it all was. The only bummer was that I did not get to eat MORE of it.

If you want guests to absolutely love the food served at your wedding, FFTSS is the way to go. Thank you for helping to make our night so perfect!!

Profile Picture Claire, 11/6/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Southern, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations

The food was amazing!! We were impressed with these guys right from our tasting! Our first tasting with a caterer did not go so well so we were a little nervous going into this one. They had pimento cheese with bene wafers waiting for us upon arrival. We were then served two huge plates of pulled pork with Mac and cheese and red rice. Everything was delicious and they even boxed up what we didn't finish so we could take it home! Their amazing service continues into the wedding! The food was amazing and they kept it coming until everyone had eaten as much as they could. The staff was very polite and very helpful. I couldn't have been happier with our choice of caterer!!

Profile Picture Lis, 5/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We knew going into our wedding that food was one of the main things that sticks in guests' memories, so we wanted some good grub. FFTSS did not disappoint! The brisket and chicken were both moist...not always an easy feat for buffet style dinners. But, the dish to die for was the SHRIMP AND GRITS! The workers were polite and efficient in their set up. They also provided our bar service, customizing the drinks for what we wanted, letting us make it our day. I would recommend FFTSS to anyone wanting that traditional lowcountry buffet at their wedding!

Profile Picture Chelsea , 1/16/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Tables, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Tastings, Southern

Food For the Soul did an amazign job catering our wedding. The food was super good and they even came during the middle of a hurricane. I would highly recommend their services to anyone.

Profile Picture Casey , 10/3/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

They were such a pleasure to work with. Our tasting was wonderful. The food was set up and ready to go when we needed it to be! Very professional. On the day of our wedding, I was running around going crazy, but I do know that the gentleman on hand (I believe his name was BJ) was SO helpful and did everything asked of him. We really appreciate him being a good sport about our dog nipping at his ankles and helping our wedding planner put together and setup our fire pit.

They went above and beyond our expectations!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 8/18/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Tidewater helped make our laidback BBQ rehearsal dinner awesome. An amazing value for what you get. The food was more than enough, and it was all great the entire night (we had a buffet with mac and cheese, chorizo rice, chicken, bbq pork, rolls, banana pudding, benne wafers & pimiento cheese). Linely did a great job problem solving and noticing the details- making sure we had serveware for another vendor's item, etc. She also made sure things were running the way we wanted and checked in with us frequently enough to not be a nuisance. It made it easier for us to enjoy ourselves knowing she was there, and knowing everyone had to have been loving the food bc it was excactly what we wanted!

Profile Picture Liz, 10/9/11, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

Tidewater was the caterer for my rehearsal dinner. There BBQ brisket and ribs were the BEST I have ever tasted (and I live in Austin, TX - so that is saying A LOT.) The food was absolutely delicious! It was delivered on time and everything looked wonderful. I definitely recommend working with them!

Profile Picture Beth, 9/10/11, 16 Reviews