Fonthill Castle Estate Reviews

34 | Doylestown, PA

34 Reviews for Fonthill Castle Estate

Kathy · Married on 06/09/2018

I can't say enough about Maria and Seedling & Sage! When we originally booked Fonthill for my daughter's wedding reception, they had a different caterer; we were thrilled that Seedling & Sage became Fonthill's new caterer. As soon as they took over, they communicated quickly and answered any question that popped up. But the best part was working with Maria, who was absolutely wonderful!! She emailed my daughter and me regularly just to check in, she was patient and helpful when we asked her questions or for advice, and she really listened to us. She made some great suggestions and went with us to meet Darlene at BucksMont Party Rental to pick out the tablescape items. The guests all raved about the wonderful cocktail hour in the Carriage House with the delicious food, about how beautiful the tent was, and how the dinner was 5-star restaurant quality rather than banquet-like food. We loved that the food was farm-to-table and that during our tasting at Seedling & Sage several months before, Maria and their amazing chef listened so carefully to and followed through with our little tweaks. Throughout the reception, Maria was there, serving meals, checking on the people sitting at the bride & groom's table to see if we needed anything to drink, taking many, many pictures (which she sent to us), and then making sure she and her crew got together everything from the reception that we had brought and needed to take home. Bottom line - there is no way that we and our guests could have had such a fun time without Maria & Seedling & Sage. She allowed us to be guests at our own party, and we are forever grateful to her.

Sent on 07/12/2018

Leah · Married on 07/01/2017

I don't even really know where to begin with this one.

The moment we first met Jack at the castle we knew that we were in good hands. After months of planning with him and Cathy, our day finally came last week. I can not even begin to find the words to express my gratitude for the fun, friendly, professional staff that we had, and for the outcome of everything. All of our guests RAVED about our food.
    Cathy really did an outstanding job making all of my ideas come to fruition and made our day absolutely perfect. From planning through execution, I am so blown away. I have not one single bad thing to say about Memorable Affairs and their staff. I would 100% recommend them for any occasion. Thank you all so much, from the bottom of my heart for making our day so great!

Special shout out to our bartender, Jon. Everyone has said nothing but amazing things about you and your service. Also - thank you for climbing back into the van to get me one last drink! You're the best! :)

Fonthill Castle 7/1/17

Sent on 08/12/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/10/2015

It was always a dream of ours to have our wedding reception at Fonthill Castle and we were thrilled to have it exceed our expectations! From the very beginning, Memorable Affairs took care of anything and everything we needed for our day. From my constant questions (big or small), to the reception tent set up and organization, to the beautiful food, to museum regulations, everything was truly perfect. We could not be more happy with how our wedding reception turned out and how attentive the staff was to our many details and involved set up. We simply dropped off boxes with directions and they set up everything perfectly for us! They knew how important our theme and decor was to us and they did a wonderful job of making our vision come alive! We also had some unique items come up that we want to have (cigar bar, popcorn bar, signature drinks, and a vintage car display) and they were more than happy to work with us and make them happen! Our guests were blown away with the reception, venue, and food. We are still receiving so many compliments because it was such a unique and beautiful experience. With Memorable Affairs having such great experience with Fonthill weddings, it was reassuring knowing that we were in trusted hands with helpful advice.

Additionally, the food as well was exceptional. They worked with us to craft the perfect meal that our guests are still raving about! Both the appetizers and plated dinner were phenomenal quality and unique dishes. There were so many delicious options to choose from that made our plated dish stand out from other weddings in a big way. The wedding cake also was included in our package which came from one of our favorite local bakeries. The cake quality and decoration was also amazing and we cannot wait to defrost it on our one year anniversary and have it again!

Overall, we are over the moon with how beautiful and glamorous our reception was and we could not be more grateful with how it all turned out!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Stacy · Married on 09/05/2015

Our wedding on Sept. 5, 2015 could not have been more perfect. Jack and Cathy were so amazing to work with and they made the whole planning process super easy. The food was excellent, the staff was excellent and the location was beautiful. We came with 2 carloads of decorations that they set up for us and as the bride they assigned me my own personal assistant for the day to help me out with whatever I needed. People are still talking about how awesome everything was. We had such an amazing day and couldn't have asked for anything better.

Sent on 12/09/2015

Libby · Married on 09/05/2015

The staff was very professional and a lot of fun!

Sent on 12/20/2015

Shantel · Married on 05/02/2015

My husband and I got married on May 2, 2015 at the Mercer Museum. We used Memorable Affairs for our catering and site rental. They took care of all of the details for our big day! We were beyond pleased with their professionalism and attention to details. Our friends and family are still talking about how amazing and fun our wedding was 7 months later!

Sent on 12/08/2015

When searching for a wedding venue we were looking for something unique yet within our budget. After finding the Fonthill Castle it quickly moved up to the top of our list and I'm glad it did. The grounds of the Castle looked great, Jack and Cathy of Memorable Affairs were incredibly responsive and professional, even to our occasional constructive criticisms and they did their best to accommodate our requests. The tent for the reception is very flexible and large enough while still having an intimate feeling. The inside is lined with some chandeliers hanging giving it a formal feel. The food was terrific and even though the bar was BYOB none of our guests would have ever known as we had great bartenders and a signature cocktail on top of everything else.

The Fonthill Castle provides a charm and feel that is distinctive of the typical rustic, country club or formal ballroom weddings that have become an annual spring event for many of us in our late twenties. And while there are certainly venues that are much more and much less expensive, for us the Fonthill Castle was 'just right' and we couldn't be happier.

*Disclaimer* It seems that most everyone thinks their wedding was 'perfect' and 5 out of 5 stars. I've done my best to include some specific details and to be constructive. If you're looking for something different and willing to accept the Fonthill Castle for what it is I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Sent on 06/05/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2013

Our wedding day was everything I wanted and then some! I continue to receive feedback about how nice the wedding was, how great the food tasted, how much fun people had. Exactly the kind of feedback you wish and hope for when in the planning phases. Jack & Cathy were so accommodating, attentive and quick to respond whenever I had a question or concern. I am so glad we chose Fonthill & Memorable Affairs specifically to host our wedding. I can't say enough about how great it was. Mary, whom works for Jack & Cathy will never be forgotten by myself, my husband or our family. She catered to us from the moment we arrived at 2:30 in the afternoon, until we left around 11 at night. Bringing me water, food, champagne, whatever I needed, Mary was on it!! I also must compliment Cathy and her staff on their organization the weeks leading up to the wedding as well as the day of. It was an awesome day, thank you Memorable Affairs so much!!

Jenn & Sean

Sent on 02/12/2014

Casey · Married on 09/29/2012

We loved hosting our wedding at Fonthill Castle. Our guests really enjoyed taking the museum tour during our cocktail hour and couldn't stop talking about how unique the venue was. We were thrilled to get married at such a historical and cultural landmark…it will be a great story to tell our children one day!

Sent on 11/18/2012

Stephanie · Married on 07/13/2012

Fran and Cathy made the wedding prep easy. They are so friendly and truly care to make it the best day ever. And it was. The serving staff worked their butts off. No one wanted for anything. Thr entire Memorable Affairs experience was amazing.

Sent on 08/02/2012

Shannon · Married on 06/24/2012

We had a fantastic day!! The staff was very helpful, and attended to us the whole night. All of our guests enjoyed the venue, and are still talking about it!!!! Awesome place for a wedding!!!!

Sent on 08/01/2012
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2012

This was the only venue we looked at. As soon as we got one glimpse of the grounds and Castle I was sold! Our wedding day was simply stunning! We loved every minute of our day! Our guests had a great time. Everyone thought it was beautiful! Memorable Affairs is their exclusive caterer, who were amazing. Fran with memorable affairs took care of everything for our day and made sure we stayed on schedule! She was fantastic and we can't say enough about how much we appreciated her.

Sent on 07/27/2012

Lara · Married on 10/28/2011

Everyone is still talking about the wedding! The food was exceptional; it was fresh and there was so much of it. Fran was awesome and very professional which made my part as a bride very easy. You guys made the process very easy, very affordable, and stress free! Honestly thank you for making our day incredible!!

Sent on 05/15/2012

connie · Married on 10/14/2011

This was my son's wedding. The staff went above and beyond, the food was wonderful and the grounds beautiful. Cathy was great to work with, very knowledgeable and helpful. Fran made sure everything went smoothly. Couldn't have asked for more.

Sent on 05/15/2012

Jaime · Married on 10/02/2011

My husband and I got engaged in September 2010. We had originally planned to get married in October 2012, but started researching venues anyway. We were looking for someplace where we could have an outdoor ceremony and reception, which wasn't easy to find. After a few months of internet searches, we found Memorable Affairs and Fonthill Castle Estate. We went to an open house in February 2011, and knew right away that this was our ideal venue. Pat from Memorable Affairs was hosting the event and totally won us over (which wasn't hard!). It was exactly what we wanted and we booked it immediately for August 2011.

I spoke with Cathy most frequently - she was incredibly wonderful and helpful. I didn't experience any of the drama that most of my friends have experienced while planning their weddings. Unfortunately, the weekend we picked was the same weekend Hurricane Irene decided to hit the New Jersey/Pennsylvania area and we were forced to reschedule for October. This is where Memorable Affairs really stepped up to help us. As the new RSVPs trickled in slowly, Cathy remained helpful, flexible, and positive the whole time - which was especially awesome considering some people didn't respond until two days before our new date. She was completely awesome and understanding the whole time.

When our wedding day finally arrived, everything was so perfect and amazing. Fran kept everything running beautifully and smoothly the whole night. My husband and I were free to enjoy our night completely stress-free. The food was DELICIOUS - which is a big deal since we're both incredibly picky eaters. I usually find chicken and cake to be too dry, and the vegetarian meals too salty. Not so with Memorable Affairs. Everything was fresh, moist, and expertly seasoned. We chose the chocolate chip pound cake for our wedding cake - it was amazing. We ate left overs for a week!

I recommend this place to EVERYONE.

Sent on 09/15/2012

Amanda · Married on 09/04/2010

This is a WAY overdue review, but felt I should still submit one. Jack and Cathy were an absolute pleasure to work with. They made every step of the process as easy as possible, and they work with wonderful vendors (DJs, officiants, photographers, florists, etc.). My husband and I (and our families) could not have asked for a more perfect day. Three years later and we STILL hear from our friends and family how wonderful the wedding was, and how it was the best wedding they've ever attended. After attending multiple weddings since our own, I have to agree :) Beautiful grounds, delicious food, first class service. I could not have pictured our wedding anywhere else but Fonthill. I wish we could do it again!

Sent on 09/20/2013
  • Briana

Briana · Married on 07/10/2010

Very happy with our choice.

Sent on 03/15/2011

Kelly · Married on 10/16/2009

Having tarps or some kind of mat outside leading to the bathroom trailer would be helpful, especially when it rains and it gets muddy. Also, perhaps some lighting would be helpful so guests (especially older ones) can find their way to the bathroom without falling or tripping.

Sent on 01/12/2010

Terence · Married on 09/26/2009

The entire staff was amazing, not to mention the food was top shelf. Best day of my life!

Sent on 01/06/2010

Amanda · Married on 09/04/2009

From the first contact to our wedding date, Jack, Cathy, and the Memorable Affairs team were the height of responsiveness, professionalism, class, and good taste. I work full time and live a 6 hour drive from Doylestown, and they were incredibly responsive and flexible in arranging meeting times. I preferred to do most of my communication via email, and always got a response within 1 day - often within 1 hour, and they were able to answer every question and grant any request we had. I was never made to feel that my endless questions were annoying or stupid.

Most importantly the days leading up to our big day and the wedding day itself were flawless. Everything was exactly as it was meant to be, and better, and they easily handled any last minute requests. The wedding party had our own attendant, and she was relaxed, friendly, and professional. I can not say enough about the quality of our wedding at Fonthill with Memorable Affairs. Their history in the business and excellent reputation equal an unforgettable wedding day, and a worry-free bride and groom.

Sent on 01/06/2010

Natalie · Married on 07/18/2009

Our July wedding was at Fonthill Museum in Doylestown, PA. I am a wedding professional in New York City and had high expectations. First of all, this location is so incredibly beautiful. We held our ceremony on the same property at the Moravian Tileworks (which only adds a $300 county permit to the cost). The cocktail hour is on a terrace connected to an inner room and the reception was in the tent which is beautifully detailed with a draped ceiling and chandeliers. This property has so many unbelievably gorgeous locations for wedding pictures. We loved that this venue is a historical property with a very real sense of character. There is nothing artificial or cheesy about it. Since this venue is in gorgeous Bucks County, many of our guests made a fun weekend out of the trip and visited other attractions in the area. This venue has an exclusive caterer, Memorable Affairs. I was concerned about not having a choice of caterer, but it turned out to be perfect. Please read my review of Memorable Affairs, but they delivered spectacularly both in taste and service.

Sent on 08/15/2009

Candy · Married on 05/31/2009

Memorable Affairs did a great job in catering for our wedding at Fonthill castle. Fran did an amazing job with coordinating the whole event....from the ceremony to the dinner to the bouquet toss. The food was great, the venue was awesome and the service was 5 stars! Thank you Memorable Affairs!

Sent on 06/29/2009

Mary Beth · Married on 05/25/2014

I can't say enough of good things about the quality of service we received from Memorable Affairs, who caters for Fonthill. My daughter is a vegan and they made several appetizers and a great main dish for the people who were vegan. Everyone commented that the meal was the best they ever had at a wedding. Food was served warm and cooked to perfection. The timing throughout the night was perfect - from the intros right to the end. We had sparklers for a sendoff and they graciously supplied the sand buckets to put the hot sparklers.
    Kudos to the entire staff.

Sent on 09/27/2014

Melody · Married on 05/20/2012

Fonthill is an ABSOLUTELY breathtaking venue!! My wedding photograh's look amazing with the castle in the back drop! Cathy from memorable affairs was super responsive throughout the entire process and great to work with. She answered all my questions and even provided useful input. A special thanks to Fran who was PHENOMENAL on my wedding day. I arrived a few minutes late and she and her crew took over immediately. I had the centerpieces with me, so she could not put them on the tables until I arrived to the venue that day. Fran told me not to worry "they won't start without you". lol! She has a calming effect and I knew everything would be fine. When I walked into the tent I thought I would cry. It was so beautiful and exactly how I envisioned and wanted it to look. I was a DIY bride and thing's can get overwhelming at times, but leaving it in Fran's hands was like leaving it in my own. Fran even helped in bustling my dress before the reception! She also made sure to give my husband and I our meals so that we could have sometime to enjoy the food. I gave a less than a five star rating on the flexibility because it wasn't till after I booked the venue that I found that there are a lot of thing's you are unable to do. We couldn't use sparkler's, bubbles, confetti, hang things from tree's etc. Now some of these things are understandable due to the historical venue, however I feel this should be made clear before booking. (maybe I should have asked more questions instead of assuming) Also it is mentioned that you can just show up to your own party and that all the details will be taken care of for you. However this is not entirely accurate. Some of the decorating will need to be done by someone other than memorable affairs staff. My bridesmaid showed up to do wedding decorating at around 10am but was told she could not arrive that early. I was told previously that we could arrive on the grounds as early as noon. However this makes things extremely difficult if you are a DYI bride. My bridemaids and I are getting ready by having our make up and hair done and this timeline makes it difficult to coordinate. So some of the decorations like wrapping the handrail's and putting bows on the ceremony chairs were left out. Everyone in my bridal party was too busy to run back out to the venue and do this themselves. Lastly, I wish they were more flexible with the type of chair's that can be used for the ceremony. Since the white wooden chairs come included with the pricing, I feel it only fair that they be able to be used for the ceremony if they are not being used for the reception. And if not there should be a credit towards the use of the chavari chairs. There is an extra charge for chavari chairs which we did elect to pay for the use in the reception space.(totally worth it!) The white wooden chairs are the ones I would have wanted to use for the ceremony space but was told I could not and that the plastic chairs would have to be used for that space. (which in my opinion are far less attractive) With that being said, I would choose this venue location all over again. There is something unmatched in beauty and in uniqueness that this venue obtains. I can't express to you enough how happy my husband and I are that we chose it. Thank you Memorable Affairs and Fonthill!!!! Thank you Memorable Affairs staff and all of you who made our day special!

Sent on 06/11/2012

Lisa · Married on 10/01/2010

Jack and Kathy were extremely accomodating to my requests. Attentiveness at its finest both before and during the wedding. I wouldnt have changed a thing. In addition to catering, Memorable Affairs helps with any questions that you may have as far as planning everything. Quite helpful . And the day of the ceremony coordinator was phenomenal as well . I can not recall her name right now....but she was fantastic. Highly highly recommend....(and im super picky)

Sent on 02/03/2011