Focal Point Photography LLC Reviews

66 | Appleton, WI

66 Reviews for Focal Point Photography LLC

Mike was a fantastic photographer for us! He was super flexible and accommodating when he came to our hotel beforehand to get some fun shots and when he very patient with all of the big family shots that we pulled together last minute during the reception. I just got my DVD of all the pictures in the mail today and I love looking through them over and over again!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Becca · Married on 05/09/2015

Mike was absolutely wonderful to work with and we were so pleased with everything he provided us! My husband and I were planning our wedding from 4 hours away, which had it's own challenges, but Mike was very understanding and flexible. Traveling to Green Bay, where our wedding was held, was not always do-able with our schedules, but Mike didn't require to meet with us before hand, nor did he require engagement pictures, which would have been difficult to fit in. He was also very responsive and accessible communicating through email, getting back to us very quickly with answers to our questions/concerns. He also provided a BEAUTIFUL final product in not only wonderful pictures of our special day, but with the promised DVD with all of the shots, mailed to us only 2 weeks after the wedding. He was fun and easy to work with on the big day, and was a great sport, with us being his longest wedding to shoot with 10.5 hours! He made the most of it and had fun with us. Thank you, Mike!!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Linda · Married on 09/20/2014

Mike did a great job capturing our wedding. We had a bit of a non traditional ceremony and he seemed to capture all those little precious moments with very high quality photos. He was easy going just like us, and I also had so many people comment that the photographer was not even noticable to them because he was so good at what he did! A big thank you to Mike for giving us priceless images of our special day!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Mike was great! He was laid back, but was extremely professional. His photos were beautiful. Some photographers charge a minimum of 2500.00, and Mike's rate was very reasonable and his work was extraordinary. I'd recommend his services to any bride out there!

Sent on 07/26/2014

Jennifer · Married on 06/22/2013

I was absolutely AMAZED by the quality of service for the photography that we contracted through Focal Point Photography for our wedding. We met with Mike before hand to see his work and get a feel for his style. Our photography was one of the last vendors that we secured, and we were a bit nervous that no one decent would be available. We had a budget, and the only vendors we found seemed to be frankly over priced. This was not AT ALL the case with Focal Point. I'm very happy that we didn't have to decipher some ridiculous pricing structure to figure out the cost for what we wanted to have.

We told Mike the types of photos we wanted to make sure we had that day, and helped make that happen. He talked us out of having him stay later than necessary, because the picture quality would have been less than ideal in general. We had a very personal ceremony, and he did a WONDERFUL job capturing everything we had to see there.

My only detraction on flexibility was when Mike had us asking to depict which shots we wanted for the 'getting ready' and the detail images the day of the wedding. I wasn't really sure what all needed to be covered with these shots and I thought his idea of detail shots would probably be better than mine... But this was an incredibly MINOR inconvenience compared to the overall spectacular quality of work.

I would, and already have recommended Focal Point Photography to anyone looking for a reasonably priced photographer with a fantastic eye for detail and a knack for getting comfortable, natural pictures.

Sent on 06/27/2013

Mike was very quick to respond to questions before and after making our contract. He was very willing to go "outside the norm" and be flexible for our ceremony. We had a bit of an unconventional wedding, but he adapted to the situation. We really appreciate him being so flexible and making the best of an unknown situation!

Sent on 06/18/2013

Carrie · Married on 10/02/2010

Mike was so easy to work with. Very flexible. He took our ideas and added his own. Great value for the quality of the images! He seemed to catch special little glances that no one else may have seen. The reason we chose him also was the "ambience" photos he captures. Really makes you relive the whole experience of your wonderful day!

Sent on 10/21/2010

Nikki · Married on 05/27/2016

The photographer was not intrusive and captured genuine moments from my wedding. He is a definite keep if you are looking for a reliable, professional and quiet photographer. He was detailed orientated and took many pictures of the wedding set up while capturing photos of my beloved family. I did not feel like he was asking me to pose for particular pictures but instead, he was able to capture these moments in real time. Note: he was our reception photographer.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Mike captured every moment, and you didn't even know he was there. The pictures are fabulous!

Sent on 09/21/2015

The quality of the pictures were amazing. So crisp and clear photos. Every photo we received was of great quality.

Sent on 11/06/2013

Rochelle · Married on 06/19/2010

Excellent photographer. We loved our wedding photographs. Very good pictures and very reasonable pricing!

Sent on 10/10/2010

Jason · Married on 09/21/2013

Mike did a great job keeping everything going moving. We got some awesome photos and he was almost invisible at the reception. Great job Mike!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Devin & Anna · Married on 06/09/2012

The price was very reasonable, and he was very flexible with the timing. The pictures we received were good, plus we received a disc with all of our pictures so we could make as many copies as we wanted

Sent on 06/26/2012

Tracy · Married on 10/01/2011

Mike was a very professional and personable photographer. His photography was exactly what I was looking for. His work is beautiful and our wedding cd came in a decorative cd case...nice extra! Our wedding day went so fast I didn't even realize what actually happened that day. I had to go back and look at our wedding pictures to see it all. He captured our day! My husband now had put me on a wedding budget on our photographer under $1000 and I feel we got well worth what we paid! Great job Mike!!!

Sent on 10/24/2011

Amber · Married on 06/29/2013

Mike was very accommodating and quick to respond to any questions. My husband and I are very happy with our photos and feel it was an excellent value.

Sent on 07/17/2013

3.5
      3.5

Mike was very easy to work with, blended in with everyone and caught a lot of moments we couldn't see. There were a few formal photos that we wanted that had issues with spacing, eyes closed, etc and he didn't take multiples or redirect, which is now a bit frustrating to see. I would recommend him if you are a bride who is not afraid to give direction and comes with a lot of your own ideas! The prints and ability to take the DVD where I want is great. Photo quality is great if he fits with your personality/style!

Sent on 12/21/2014