Focal Point Photography LLC Reviews

66 | Appleton, WI

66 Reviews for Focal Point Photography LLC

Dan · Married on 07/13/2013

Mike did a great job of doing exactly what he said he was going to do when we first met. He said he tries to capture the storyline of the day through his photography. He did such a wonderful job of this that even though we chose not to hire a videographer, our special day feels completely documented. He does a great job of capturing the personality of the individuals as well as the personality of the wedding as a whole. We would highly recommend Mike to future couples as our final prints were everything we could have hoped for.

Sent on 08/18/2013

Lindsey · Married on 06/28/2013

Mike was wonderful to work with! We had a period of rain on our wedding day but Mike went with the flow and got some really great pictures! He had a lot of his own ideas for shots to take but also used all of our suggestions as well. He was efficient and was able to quickly take the large family photos but also spent a lot of time with my husband and I and we feel like we got all of the pictures we wanted. Some of my favorite pictures were the ones during the ceremony that were not staged. He has a great eye for pictures in the moment and really captured some very emotional moments.

The turnaround time after the wedding was really great too! He had a link for us to view the online gallery days after the wedding, and a DVD with all of our pictures within about 2.5 weeks. I have seen people charge triple the price of Mike and not do nearly as well of a job. I would recommend him for anyone looking for a great photographer. Thanks, Mike!

Sent on 07/23/2013

Very flexible and patient. Professional and fun. We had a lot of fun doing the pictures.

Sent on 06/23/2013

Deb · Married on 11/10/2012

Focal Point Photography provided excellent service. We wanted to find a photography for our son’s wedding and were under a tight timeline. Mike from Focal Point provided excellent and professional services. He was easy to work with and was very flexible to work around our schedule. We love the pictures!!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Michael · Married on 11/03/2012

Mike provided amazing service from the start to finish. We organized everything over email, and met the day of the event. We were initially apprehensive about conducting business this way; however, the quality of Mike's work made all that apprehension seem silly. He was highly professional, and worked with us throughout our event to ensure he was covering everything we needed. He was a ghost during the ceremony and reception, and we did not realize he was taking photographs. Because of his ghost like ability to float through the room without being noticed, he was able to capture so much emotion in his images. The quality of his work is impeccable, and he has a strong artistic eye. We are so pleased with the images he captured, and would recommend Mike to anyone. Mike is super flexible, and we really liked his hourly rates. We needed to add additional time as the reception occurred, and he was happy to extend his time and work with us for some truly memorable shots of us. Finally, he got our images posted online within a week, and we received our DVD shortly there after.

Bottom line, we can’t say enough good things about Mike!

Sent on 11/20/2012

Karen · Married on 10/13/2012

Mike was extremely flexible with our wedding day, as the weather almost didn't cooperate. It was defintely a 'go with the flow' type atmosphere the whole afternoon as the rain let up for outdoor pictures. He had such a vision for the shots he took, both for romantic and group photos. Everyone is visible and smiling in every shot. His fly on the wall approach helped him capture to truly intimate photos during the pre-ceremony, ceremony, and the reception.

I also loved that we got the photos back within 2 weeks, and are able to print our own pictures at our leisure.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Mike was really wonderful to work with! We were on a very tight budget, and his flexibility in what he is willing to do (charging by the hour, for example) helped us out a lot. Other photographer's packages just did not give us what we wanted, but we were able to get exactly what we needed with Mike. He was very responsive, very professsional, and we loved the quality of our wedding photos. He really got some great shots, and his experience shows. He also got our photos edited and posted in our online gallery within days of our wedding, and we also got our DVD within a couple of weeks. Excellent service from a really nice guy!!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Sara · event on 08/19/2012

We used Focal Point Photography for our Wedding in August of 2010 and went back this year for our son's 1 year photos. We are located in Madison, WI and were more than willing to drive up to Appleton to use Focal Point again (although Mike would have driven to us, we decided to make a day of it). We were not disappointed. We had a full hour session and had over 60 photos returned to us the very next day. All brilliantly colored and clear. We received a disk with all the photos later that week and are able to get copies made at will.

I've been showing off our beautiful photos to family and friends and they are all very impressed. We've received numerous compliments and requests for Focal Point's Contact information.

I would highly recommend Focoal Point Photography to anyone looking for a photographer no matter what the occasion.

Sent on 08/29/2012

Melissa · Married on 08/11/2012

The pictures captured the emotions and moments we were EXACTLY looking for! Unforgettable day caught perfectly on film! Would and have highly recomended Focal Point for any occasion!

Sent on 08/29/2012

Mike did an amazing job photographing our wedding! I could not ask for a more professional photographer. He got the photos that were wanted and photos that we had not thought of. He got us our photos faster than we thought and had them on a disk and case that had photos from our day that made it more special.

Sent on 07/28/2012

Steve · Married on 07/14/2012

Mike was a great photographer and took some amazing shots! His style was outstanding, and his shots when people weren't paying attention highlight the excitement of the night. The detail of the pictures, as well as value are remarkable! And the disk of pictures has a very personal touch. We have recommended Mike to a few of our friends, and will continue to do so.

Thanks again Mike!

Sent on 08/03/2012

Gina · Married on 07/04/2012

We found Mike through this site and we are SO glad that we did! Mike did a wonderful job at photgraphing our wedding day with formal pictures and in capturing those special moments while blending in to the surroundings. Mike made everyone feel very comfortable and allowed us to enjoy the day without adding any extra stress. He was professional and flexible from our initial consultation right through receiving our finished materials. Mike added those extra touches that a couple may not think of. We have received many compliments on the quality of his work and his ability to capture the emotion of the day. Thank You, Mike!!

Sent on 07/19/2012

Eva · Married on 07/01/2012

We call Mike our ninja photographer. He was always taking great shots, yet we never noticed his presence. We are extremely pleased with our photos, making Focal Point Photography a great value. Mike was also flexible; when things went long he was completely willing to stay an extra hour. Mike was professional at all times and we could tell he enjoys his work. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Elise · Married on 04/29/2012

Mike struck the perfect balance of being professional and fun to work with. He captured the mood of the day and happily accommodated our special requests. Overall, we had a great experience and we have great photos to prove it!

Sent on 05/13/2012
  • F

Ann · Married on 04/21/2012

Mike did an excellent job, his rates are great, very prompt response times, and we couldn't be happier! I love that he came with his own suggestions but was open to my ideas also. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/16/2012

Laura · Married on 09/24/2011

We are so happy we chose Focal Point Photography. Mike did an amazing job capturing our wedding day. He is extremely professional, easy going, and attentive. He managed and directed large group photos with poise and was very patient. Overall, we could not be happier!

Sent on 10/16/2011

Sheila · Married on 09/17/2011

My experience with Focal Point was excellent! Mike did a great job of capturing our day. We really wanted the majority of our pictures to be candid and not too posed. That is exactly what we received. Mike was able to take all the love that was at our wedding and put it into photos. His prices were extremely reasonable and we were able to view our photos in the online gallery just a few days after our wedding. We received a disc with all of our photos a week later! I would definitely recommend Mike at Focal Point Photography!

Sent on 10/12/2011

Bethany · Married on 09/03/2011

Mike was outstanding! I planned the whole wedding from out of state and he was very flexible and understanding through the whole process. Additionally, we had to move the location of the ceremony last minute due to poor weather and he was able to make quick changes and adapt without sacrificing the results of the photos. During the reception, he was able to blend in so much that we could barely tell he was there. Do not hesitate to hire him. The quality of his pictures were beyond what we could have hoped or dreamt of. His pictures will be cherished by my husband and I for a lifetime.

Sent on 09/23/2011

Chelsea · Married on 08/06/2011

We booked Mike with Focal Point Photography and we were more than satisfied with Mike. His pictures are amazing and his personality fit right in with my wedding party. He was fun to work with and has fun and exciting ways to make pictures perfect! I highly recommend him for your big day! He is very easy to communicate with, he was always timely on responding to my questions! You won't make a mistake by going with Focal Point Photography!

Sent on 10/03/2011

Katie · Married on 07/01/2011

Mike was amazing to work with. I was having a hard time finding a photographer as I live in Chicago and my wedding was in Neenah, Wisconsin. When I called Mike at Focal Point Photography the first time I knew he would be a great fit for my now husband and I. He had great ideas and we talked on the phone multiple times before my wedding. He was very flexible about timing. He met us at a park and we took pictures at multiple parks in Neenah. My bridal party, my husband and I had a fun time during our pictures. Mike was very personable and had great ideas for cute pictures. He captured some of the reception decorations that I spent a lot of time making and didn't see them during the wedding as I was so busy. It is very nice having the pictures of my hard work. Our pictures were in so fast and my family was able to go on his website and view them right away. Mike could not have done a better job capturing our personality it really shows through in all of our pictures. I could not imagine having another photographer at my wedding.

Sent on 08/12/2011

Philip · Married on 06/25/2011

Mike was friendly, helpful and professional from start to finish. His flexibility was a godsend not only during the hectic weeks leading up to our wedding, but also on the big day. We were pleased with all of the photos he took, but some of his unique and creative compositions have become by far our favorites. We have no regrets hiring Mike for our wedding. You won't either!

Sent on 09/29/2011
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 06/05/2011

My husband and I got married June 5th, 2011 and could not be happier with the service we received with Focal Point Photography. Mike is professional, passionate, talented, creative, responsive, fun, energetic, and down-to-earth. The communication and customer service is top-notch, and the price and quality can not be matched! You will NOT be disappointed!!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Amanda · Married on 11/06/2010

Very friendly. Gave easy directions.

Sent on 11/18/2010

Sara · Married on 08/28/2010

Mike was wonderful! He is very flexible with building a package that is right for you. He charges by the hour and then gives you a disc of all the pictures that he has taken and he lets you get them developed wherever you would like. He does offer to develop them for you as well, and you can purchase a specially made album from him. All the options are there, but you get to choose exactly what you want.

All the pictures we received were beautiful! Our family and friends couldn't stop raving about them. Even the guy that developed them for me couldn't believe how gorgeous the pictures were. And he makes you feel 100% comfortable, confident, and natural during the picture taking. Photo sessions can get long and boring, but you don't notice this at all with Mike.

Sent on 10/12/2010

Heather · Married on 08/14/2010

Mike, I don't know where to begin?!? For starters all of the pictures were AMAZING!! The quality of prints turned out incredible; the colors were so clear and vivid. You were extremely easy to work with! We got a lot of positive comments from the wedding party saying how much fun you were and made posing for pictures not so boring! We will definitely recommend you to our friends and family Thank you very much Mike, we greatly appreciate everything you did for us!! Thanks a million."

Sent on 12/05/2010